Re: Face masks and Science - 07/16/20 08:59 PM

In for the graph.
Posted By: Icepick

Re: Face masks and Science - 07/16/20 09:02 PM

Originally Posted by BCBassCat
But Europe is doing it

Europe has 714,000,000 people.
Texas and Florida have 50,000,000.
There are more covid hospitalizations in Texas and Florida than all of Europe combined.
Whether it's masks or praying to Santa Claus, whatever they're doing they're doing it a heck of a lot better than us.
Posted By: Tallgrass05

Re: Face masks and Science - 07/16/20 09:04 PM

This guy also questioned if the Sandy Hook shooting was real, promoted 9/11 conspiracy theories, and promoted Pizzagate as potentially true.
Posted By: Allison1

Re: Face masks and Science - 07/16/20 09:07 PM

I think he is confused. By downloading one of the studies it confirmed it to me at least.

Those studies were not comparing a mask to no mask. They were comparing the n95 to a face mask when they said there was no difference between the two. In the study I looked at they even said that during an influenza outbreak everyone would have to wear one.
Posted By: crankn101

Re: Face masks and Science - 07/16/20 09:10 PM

Originally Posted by Tallgrass05
This guy also questioned if the Sandy Hook shooting was real, promoted 9/11 conspiracy theories, and promoted Pizzagate as potentially true.

No misdirects allowed.

Post the study and pick it apart.

Re: Face masks and Science - 07/16/20 09:10 PM

Originally Posted by Allison1
I think he is confused. By downloading one of the studies it confirmed it to me at least.

Those studies were not comparing a mask to no mask. They were comparing the n95 to a face mask when they said there was no difference between the two. In the study I looked at they even said that during an influenza outbreak everyone would have to wear one.

Post it

Re: Face masks and Science - 07/16/20 09:15 PM

I remember many people here stating "Even if hydroxychloroquine is not approved to treat COVID-19, what can it hurt to try it?". Ditto for masks--what can it hurt? Of course, I'm just being a little facetious.

Do note the use of masks in states and countries that have declining cases of COVID-19. The governor of Georgia banned any municipalities from mandating masks--see how long Georgians suffer and infect neighboring states.

Re: Face masks and Science - 07/16/20 09:15 PM

https://onlinelibrary.wiley.com/doi/epdf/10.1111/jebm.12381

Effectiveness of N95 respirators versus surgical masks againstinfluenza: A systematic review and meta-analysis

Discussion:

This meta-analysis showed that there were no statistically significant differences in preventing laboratory-confirmed influenza, laboratory-confirmed respiratory viral infections, laboratory-confirmed respiratory infection and influenza-like illness using N95 respirators and surgical masks. N95 respirators provided a protective effect against laboratory-confirmed bacterial colonization. In subgroup analysis, similar results could be found in the hospital and community for laboratory-confirmed influenza and laboratory-confirmed respiratory viral infections. However, sensitivity analysis showed unstable results for the prevention of laboratory-confirmed respiratory viral infections and laboratory-confirmed respiratory infection.

Through the course of influenza pandemics, large numbers of face-masks may be required to use in long periods to protect people from infections. Using N95 respirators is likely to result in discomfort, for example, headaches. A previous study reported that there was an inverse relationship between the level of compliance with wearing an N95 respirator and the risk of clinical respiratory illness. It is difficult to ensure high compliance due to this discomfort of N95 respirators in all studies.

I did not look at all of the studies he referenced. Even the title pointed out this was not a study to see if masks work or not. It was a study to see the statistical differences between an N95 and surgical mask as can be seen in the title.

Posted By: Spiderman

Re: Face masks and Science - 07/16/20 09:17 PM

I find it kinda sad that this is the stumbling block to get pass the Virus.

And there are so many non believers among us.
Posted By: Jpurdue

Re: Face masks and Science - 07/16/20 09:27 PM

I stopped watching after he incorrectly interpreted the first 4 studies he reviewed. The first two the studies compared N95 to surgical masks and showed that there was no statistical difference in viral spread. So what's his conclusion? Masks don't work. The dude can't read. It's right there in black and white. Read it for yourself.

The third study was too long so I didn't read it, but it cited a study done in 1946 and said something about Australian pilgrims. I moved along.

The 4th study was about whether medical professionals should wear cloth mask or medical grade surgical masks. That study determined medical professionals should not use cloth masks in surgical environments. Really profound findings. Once again, his conclusion is masks don't work.

Anyway, if you want to get your science from a youth pastor who works for a Russian funded television network have at it. cheers
Posted By: Mark Perry

Re: Face masks and Science - 07/16/20 09:30 PM

Originally Posted by Spiderman

Sure seems about 99% of the people in DFW area are adhering to the mask rule. Does not seem much of a stumbling block now. We should start seeing some real decreases any day now if masks are nearly as effective as experts claim.

Re: Face masks and Science - 07/16/20 09:32 PM

I remember many people here stating "Even if hydroxychloroquine is not approved to treat COVID-19, what can it hurt to try it?". Ditto for masks--what can it hurt? Of course, I'm just being a little facetious.

Do note the use of masks in states and countries that have declining cases of COVID-19. The governor of Georgia banned any municipalities from mandating masks--see how long Georgians suffer and infect neighboring states.

Sounds like if all the folks in NY that are doing it "right" would have stayed home things might be better here and elsewhere. This is from the CDC so you and others should find their comments as 100% fact since you use them to back up your other statements.

https://www.cnbc.com/2020/07/14/cdc...onavirus-cases-not-state-reopenings.html
Posted By: Scagnetti

Re: Face masks and Science - 07/16/20 09:38 PM

Originally Posted by Icepick
But Europe is doing it

There are more covid hospitalizations in Texas and Florida than all of Europe combined.
Whether it's masks or praying to Santa Claus, whatever they're doing they're doing it a heck of a lot better than us.

I read on RightWingNuts.com that Germany, France and Spain gassed 3 million COVIDs just to improve their numbers and never reported it

Re: Face masks and Science - 07/16/20 09:39 PM

Originally Posted by Jpurdue
I stopped watching after he incorrectly interpreted the first 4 studies he reviewed. The first two the studies compared N95 to surgical masks and showed that there was no statistical difference in viral spread. So what's his conclusion? Masks don't work. The dude can't read. It's right there in black and white. Read it for yourself.

The third study was too long so I didn't read it, but it cited a study done in 1946 and said something about Australian pilgrims. I moved along.

The 4th study was about whether medical professionals should wear cloth mask or medical grade surgical masks. That study determined medical professionals should not use cloth masks in surgical environments. Really profound findings. Once again, his conclusion is masks don't work.

Anyway, if you want to get your science from a youth pastor who works for a Russian funded television network have at it. cheers

Did you really not red it or just couldn't pick it apart?

I agree he was being misleading with his talk at the beginning
Posted By: Pat Goff

Re: Face masks and Science - 07/16/20 09:41 PM

You know what? The hen wants me to wear one. The store owner wants me to wear one.
If I wish to come home at night, or spend money in a store, I'll wear it, regardless of how silly I might think it is.

Re: Face masks and Science - 07/16/20 09:47 PM

Originally Posted by crankn101

Did you really not red it or just couldn't pick it apart?

I agree he was being misleading with his talk at the beginning

He does not provide any links to the studies in the video or in the notes for the video so I could not bring up the actual study. I paused and tried to read what I could on the screen but there was so much text and it was so small I could not read it all. If you find and send me the study I'll take the time tomorrow to read it and offer my two cents on it even though that is worth 0 cents to most folks on this forum. cheers

Re: Face masks and Science - 07/16/20 09:51 PM

I did get something from this study he put up. He read the part he wanted you to hear but ignored the part that is probably the most important part of that study. You can even read it at the 7 minute mark. I did not know that.

Results: The rates of all infection outcomes were highest in the cloth mask arm, with the rate of ILI statistically significantly higher in the cloth mask arm (relative risk (RR)=13.00, 95% CI 1.69 to 100.07) compared with the medical mask arm. Cloth masks also had significantly higher rates of ILI compared with the control arm. An analysis by mask use showed ILI (RR=6.64, 95% CI 1.45 to 28.65) and laboratory-confirmed virus (RR=1.72, 95% CI 1.01 to 2.94) were significantly higher in the cloth masks group compared with the medical masks group. Penetration of cloth masks by particles was almost 97% and medical masks 44%.

ILI=flu-like illness CRI=clinical respiratory illness

What that told me was that medical masks (the blue masks) work much better than face masks at controlling viruses. Since his objective was not to educate you on what works best but try to make that case that all masks don't work, he did not read the part that showed how much better one was in comparison to the other.

Re: Face masks and Science - 07/16/20 09:55 PM

I did get something from this study he put up. He read the part he wanted you to hear but ignored the part that is probably the most important part of that study. You can even read it at the 7 minute mark. I did not know that.

Results: The rates of all infection outcomes were highest in the cloth mask arm, with the rate of ILI statistically significantly higher in the cloth mask arm (relative risk (RR)=13.00, 95% CI 1.69 to 100.07) compared with the medical mask arm. Cloth masks also had significantly higher rates of ILI compared with the control arm. An analysis by mask use showed ILI (RR=6.64, 95% CI 1.45 to 28.65) and laboratory-confirmed virus (RR=1.72, 95% CI 1.01 to 2.94) were significantly higher in the cloth masks group compared with the medical masks group. Penetration of cloth masks by particles was almost 97% and medical masks 44%.

What that told me was that medical masks (the blue masks) work much better than face masks at controlling viruses. Since his objective was not to educate you on what works best but try to make that case that all masks don't work, he did not read the part that showed how much better one was in comparison to the other.

It's important to remember just because the particles penetrate the mask doesn't mean the mask are useless. It still cuts down on velocity and ultimately the distance the particles spread. If you whiz your pants, the pee penetrates your pants, but it doesn't land 6 feet away on someones face. Clearly though, cloth masks are at the very bottom of the mask hierarchy just above bandannas.
Posted By: TexDawg

Re: Face masks and Science - 07/16/20 10:02 PM

Most everywhere public I’ve gone seems there’s 100% mask wearing, although there are some that don’t have it over their noses. I guess you can’t fix stupid
Posted By: John175☮

Re: Face masks and Science - 07/16/20 11:19 PM

Originally Posted by TexDawg
Most everywhere public I’ve gone seems there’s 100% mask wearing, although there are some that don’t have it over their noses. I guess you can’t fix stupid

My wife refuses to wear it over her nose so you are right.
Posted By: BCBassCat

Re: Face masks and Science - 07/16/20 11:31 PM

It's important to remember just because the particles penetrate the mask doesn't mean the mask are useless. It still cuts down on velocity and ultimately the distance the particles spread. If you whiz your pants, the pee penetrates your pants, but it doesn't land 6 feet away on someones face. Clearly though, cloth masks are at the very bottom of the mask hierarchy just above bandannas.

But if you smell the whiz from 6 feet away what does that mean genius?
Posted By: Samsonsworld

Re: Face masks and Science - 07/16/20 11:43 PM

Or you could just cover your mouth when you cough or sneeze.

And when you whiz in your pants in a swimming pool, which is more applicable, it goes everywhere.

AND you forgot scarves.
Posted By: Chris B

Re: Face masks and Science - 07/17/20 12:19 AM

Originally Posted by Mark Perry
Originally Posted by Spiderman

Sure seems about 99% of the people in DFW area are adhering to the mask rule. Does not seem much of a stumbling block now. We should start seeing some real decreases any day now if masks are nearly as effective as experts claim.

Yep, and keep in mind Dallas county has had the mandate longer and numbers are not dropping yet.

Re: Face masks and Science - 07/17/20 12:44 AM

Accept no substitute. Wear a Buff. Scientifically proven ti be medically effective since 2020.

Re: Face masks and Science - 07/17/20 12:54 AM

Originally Posted by John175☮

Um......well....er....I.....um........ bolt

Re: Face masks and Science - 07/17/20 01:45 AM

Um......well....er....I.....um........ bolt

It's ok. I told her if you're not going to wear it right then why bother...

Wifey: Exactly.

Me: Um......well....er....I.....um........ bolt
Posted By: Gusick

Re: Face masks and Science - 07/17/20 01:49 AM

But Europe is doing it

I don't think all of them are anymore, but most were at some point.

Re: Face masks and Science - 07/17/20 01:51 AM

My gut says there is something not right about being forced to wear a mask. If your gut tells you something different, than you’re an ice pick and I’m sorry for your luck.
Posted By: JacksonBean

Re: Face masks and Science - 07/17/20 03:46 AM

I cited a few of these to our resident medical expert (2015 study on cloth masks specifically) and I was called reckless or dangerous and that’s okay if you only want to hear supporting evidence I guess.

The bottom line is that we all need to make logical choices for our personal safety it’s just that some of us can filter through the political agenda better than others.

If you truly believe Covid only travels in large droplets then the mask should be your saving grace. Oh wait.... no, it will save everyone else though? I can’t keep this week’s rules straight. wink

Riot on! bang
Posted By: Flippin-Out

Re: Face masks and Science - 07/17/20 05:36 AM

Your government tells you to wear a seatbelt. Do you get indignant over that too?
Posted By: Pinkus

Re: Face masks and Science - 07/17/20 12:03 PM

Originally Posted by Flippin-Out
Your government tells you to wear a seatbelt. Do you get indignant over that too?

Great talking point, I wonder what network that was regurgitated from
Posted By: Bigbob_FTW

Re: Face masks and Science - 07/17/20 12:09 PM

Originally Posted by Pinkus

it's a simple question. at least attempt an answer.

Re: Face masks and Science - 07/17/20 12:12 PM

Originally Posted by Bigbob_FTW

I do not think government resources should be allocated to enforcing someone's seat belt usage. Slower cars save more lives, mandate that. HOAs and government regulation keeps neighborhood property values higher, mandate that. "For the good of the collective" is a slippery slope. The "Legalize drug" crowd seems to be inconsistent on government regulations.
Posted By: bigfishtx

Re: Face masks and Science - 07/17/20 12:23 PM

Group comprehensive and medical insurance on your auto policy, since all LEGAL drivers are paying into the AUTO pool, it's not fair that everyone isn't held to some level of personal safety adherence.

If everyone was paying into the HEALTH pool, there would be an argument that everyone be held some level of personal safety. But that's definitely not the case, everyone has some level of health coverage but everyone definitely doesn't contribute to the pool. "From each according to his ability, to each according to his needs".... kind of sounds familiar huh, I think I've read that somewhere.
Posted By: ReelBusy

Re: Face masks and Science - 07/17/20 12:24 PM

Only when I ride a motorcycle

Re: Face masks and Science - 07/17/20 12:28 PM

Originally Posted by Hancock

Only when I ride a motorcycle

without a helmet?
Posted By: rj74955

Re: Face masks and Science - 07/17/20 12:32 PM

The only times I put on my seatbelt is when I'm about to be pulled over for speeding, when I'm in someone else's vehicle and that dang dinging won't stop, or when I'm riding with my wife. Riding with the wife is the biggie, I wouldn't be against mandatory head protective gear for all passengers piloted by a woman.

Re: Face masks and Science - 07/17/20 12:43 PM

Originally Posted by rj74955
The only times I put on my seatbelt is when I'm about to be pulled over for speeding, when I'm in someone else's vehicle and that dang dinging won't stop, or when I'm riding with my wife. Riding with the wife is the biggie, I wouldn't be against mandatory head protective gear for all passengers piloted by a woman.

Speaking of that, have we heard from Nick this morning?
Posted By: spazm09

Re: Face masks and Science - 07/17/20 01:32 PM

https://sciencebasedmedicine.org/misinformation-and-disinformation-about-facemasks-and-covid-19/
Posted By: Emit R Detsaw

Re: Face masks and Science - 07/17/20 01:43 PM

Posted By: Hookem

Re: Face masks and Science - 07/17/20 02:30 PM

Originally Posted by Hookem
Wear your damn seat belts!

6/26/2020

Re: Face masks and Science - 07/17/20 02:38 PM

Originally Posted by Emit R Detsaw

A surgical mask is about the only way it works. The virus is too small for a camera to pick up...duh stuff you probably don't understand.

The china flu started spreading after the death riots. 4 - 6 weeks after the death protests it peaks just like it did the first time when we reversed it without masks.

Re: Face masks and Science - 07/17/20 02:54 PM

Originally Posted by Emit R Detsaw

A surgical mask is about the only way it works. The virus is too small for a camera to pick up...duh stuff you probably don't understand.

The china flu started spreading after the death riots. 4 - 6 weeks after the death protests it peaks just like it did the first time when we reversed it without masks.

https://sciencebasedmedicine.org/misinformation-and-disinformation-about-facemasks-and-covid-19/

"So SARS-CoV-2, the coronavirus that causes COVID-19, is a fairly large virus, measuring approximately 120 nm (0.12 micron) in diameter. N95 masks filter out at least 95% of very small (0.3 micron) particles, while surgical facemasks and cloth facemasks obviously filter out only much larger particles. Here’s the thing, though. A mask doesn’t have to filter individual virus particles to be effective because SARS-CoV-2 doesn’t float around free in the air as individual virus particles. It floats in the air in respiratory droplets, and aerosols, whose particles are much larger than individual virus particles. I’ve discussed aerosols and respiratory droplets in great detail before in the context of whether Ebola could be spread by respiratory droplets. The bottom line is that aerosol and droplet particles range from a few microns in diameter to as large as 100 microns, many, many times larger than even the large SARS-CoV-2 virus. Most of these droplets are too heavy to remain suspended in the air and settle, landing on nearby floors and surfaces. These can be stopped by simple facemasks.
Again, evidence is accumulating that wearing facemasks is an effective means of preventing COVID-19 transmission, so none of this should be surprising. Is it perfect? Of course not. No medical intervention is, but being even just 50% effective could save a lot of lives."

Re: Face masks and Science - 07/17/20 02:55 PM

https://www.google.com/amp/s/www.fo...id-19-in-north-texas-new-report-says.amp

Re: Face masks and Science - 07/17/20 03:06 PM

Not the first and won't be the last.....
37 year old dies after posting on Facebook "not buying a (expletive) mask, I've made it this far by not buying into that damn hype".

https://www.google.com/amp/s/amp.usatoday.com/amp/5457283002

Re: Face masks and Science - 07/17/20 03:08 PM

so much whining and crying. smdh.
Posted By: hook_n_line

Re: Face masks and Science - 07/17/20 03:28 PM

Experience with masks not an experiment.

Masks seem to have worked in my office. 5 guys work in the same space and are required to wear a mask. Guy 1 has kids that he still has in sports. Kid 1 gets it and brings it home. Guy 1 calls me and tells me he is not feeling well. His whole family has the rona, The other 4 guys that share the workspace are required to get a negative result on the test before returning to work or quarantine for 14 days. 7 days since notice of incident and all tests are negative except guy 1 who got it from his kid. Wearing a mask may suck, but if it keeps you from having a shutdown it's worth the effort.
Posted By: T Bird

Re: Face masks and Science - 07/17/20 03:36 PM

Whatever we are doing, it's not working. mad Averaging 10,000 new cases and almost 100 fatalities daily over the last 10 days. mad
Posted By: joebass2

Re: Face masks and Science - 07/17/20 03:37 PM

" but it doesn't land 6 feet away on someones face." Speak for yourself young man.

Re: Face masks and Science - 07/17/20 03:55 PM

Originally Posted by hook_n_line

Masks seem to have worked in my office. 5 guys work in the same space and are required to wear a mask. Guy 1 has kids that he still has in sports. Kid 1 gets it and brings it home. Guy 1 calls me and tells me he is not feeling well. His whole family has the rona, The other 4 guys that share the workspace are required to get a negative result on the test before returning to work or quarantine for 14 days. 7 days since notice of incident and all tests are negative except guy 1 who got it from his kid. Wearing a mask may suck, but if it keeps you from having a shutdown it's worth the effort.

One person tested positive in my office, no masks, close contact with numerous people, nobody else got it.
Posted By: Chris B

Re: Face masks and Science - 07/17/20 04:03 PM

Originally Posted by joebass2
" but it doesn't land 6 feet away on someones face." Speak for yourself young man.

Bragger!

Re: Face masks and Science - 07/17/20 04:11 PM

Originally Posted by Chris B
Originally Posted by joebass2

Bragger!

roflmao

Re: Face masks and Science - 07/17/20 04:22 PM

Originally Posted by Samsonsworld

One person tested positive in my office, no masks, close contact with numerous people, nobody else got it.

Just curious. What was the time frame from possible exposure to positive test? Were symptoms present before test?

Re: Face masks and Science - 07/17/20 04:38 PM

Just curious. What was the time frame from possible exposure to positive test? Were symptoms present before test?

Daily for at least a week. Cold like symptoms, no fever before test.
Posted By: pchapin

Re: Face masks and Science - 07/17/20 04:47 PM

70 year old lady across the street from me has a son and daughter living with her. Both son and daughter got sick with covid-19. She took care of both and as of yesterday she is still not sick. All that proves is that everyone who comes in contact does not get sick.
Posted By: LoneStarSon

Re: Face masks and Science - 07/17/20 05:10 PM

Originally Posted by T Bird
Whatever we are doing, it's not working. mad Averaging 10,000 new cases and almost 100 fatalities daily over the last 10 days. mad

Mask mandate went into affect just now 2 weeks ago....let's see where the numbers are starting around the 20th (16 days after the 4th...because I have my doubts about whether or not people actually canceled their plans)…

Interesting thing, though....I keep track of Texas' numbers via Johns Hopkins covid dashboard....they said we had over 16,000 new cases between 10:30 p.m. on 7/15 and 10:30 on 7/16. The state of Texas said we had over 10,000 new cases....I wonder why the difference? They are usually within a few hundred of each other,,,..rarely more than a 1000 number difference.

Re: Face masks and Science - 07/17/20 05:12 PM

You don't see the folks in charge b...s made to the White House pandemic team.

Re: Face masks and Science - 07/17/20 05:16 PM

So the death riots are ignored and this information helps in what way? Orange man bad?

Re: Face masks and Science - 07/17/20 05:29 PM

It shows that recommendations are being ignored in the effort to "normalize" things by opening schools and businesses.

Re: Face masks and Science - 07/17/20 05:32 PM

No news is good news until the they get the real news if found out.

Re: Face masks and Science - 07/17/20 05:37 PM

I’m getting used to this mask thing

[Linked Image]

Re: Face masks and Science - 07/17/20 05:40 PM

I don't care what people who I don't have to deal with do. If we want to keep things running why take the risk of getting sick or getting someone else sick. I like staying open more than bucking a system that could cause me to shutdown. The risk of one person getting 4 others sick is big enough for me. Every situation is different and some people don't have enough skin in the game to care.
Posted By: Rob W.

Re: Face masks and Science - 07/17/20 05:42 PM

I have met or seen pics of many of y'all. Wearing a mask will be a huge upgrade for most. bolt

Re: Face masks and Science - 07/17/20 05:44 PM

roflmao

Re: Face masks and Science - 07/17/20 05:46 PM

People in NY sbouldhave stayed home

https://www.cnbc.com/amp/2020/07/14...onavirus-cases-not-state-reopenings.html

Re: Face masks and Science - 07/17/20 05:59 PM

The CDC article could be right but as it said the numbers could have gone up because the states started opening up around that time too. So tens of thousands of visitors from the north or millions of residents who were allowed to go back to work or felt safer and exposed themselves and others to the virus.

Thats how I felt about the BLM and Antifa rioters and protesters. Many if not most of them wore masks and were out in public, in the open air. They could have contributed more than I think they did but I believe the majority of the spread happened because the general public got tired of the rules and started relaxing what they had been doing.

Re: Face masks and Science - 07/17/20 06:04 PM

No big surprise that someone believes the CDC got it wrong.

https://www.marketwatch.com/story/h...ern-vacationers-2020-07-16?siteid=yhoof2

“Remember that there is always a lag between when infections occur and when they begin to be diagnosed,” said the report. “This means that the increase in confirmed cases around June 1 comes from infections occurring around May 24, right around the Memorial Day weekend (and well before mid-June, as Dr. Redfield suggests.) So the data show that these outbreaks started before Northern vacationers supposedly traveled South.”

Re: Face masks and Science - 07/17/20 06:40 PM

So we trust the CDC on everything else but this? We are told to do what the experts(the CDC, WHO) say such as masks, distancing etc but then now we are to turn around and say they are wrong about this? This is what is so damn frustrating with this whole deal. The misinformation and inaccuracy of the info from our "experts" has done nothing but confuse everyone.

Re: Face masks and Science - 07/17/20 06:45 PM

First they want us to wear masks and now.....

https://news.yahoo.com/its-too-late...-down-hotspots-right-away-161657975.html

Re: Face masks and Science - 07/17/20 06:46 PM

Funny to me how "science" has changed over the past 3 months. You'd almost think we've never had a communicable disease before Covid.

Re: Face masks and Science - 07/17/20 06:49 PM

Funny to me how "science" has changed over the past 3 months. You'd almost think we've never had a communicable disease before Covid.

The entire premise of science is change based on new evidence. But you already new that right?

Re: Face masks and Science - 07/17/20 06:52 PM

Originally Posted by spazm09

The entire premise of science is change based on new evidence. But you already new that right?

I know there have been valid study after study for a hundred years that have recently been ignored. Personally, that makes me stand back and question things.

Re: Face masks and Science - 07/17/20 06:54 PM

Do we trust the Harvard team over the CDC? Who has the best science?
Posted By: Mckinneycrappiecatcher

Re: Face masks and Science - 07/17/20 07:01 PM

But Europe is doing it

Is that now or total since the beginning of the pandemic? it makes a huge difference.

Re: Face masks and Science - 07/17/20 07:24 PM

I think you should evaluate them individually, compare them with the rest of the scientific community, utilize critical thinking skills, identify fallacious reasoning, independantly research/verify the actual research papers behind the studies and decide for youself. But even then, when new evidence becomes available, remain open to the idea of changing your position.

Re: Face masks and Science - 07/17/20 07:26 PM

I know there have been valid study after study for a hundred years that have recently been ignored. Personally, that makes me stand back and question things.

What valid studies are being ignored?

Re: Face masks and Science - 07/17/20 07:28 PM

I think you should evaluate them individually, compare them with the rest of the scientific community, utilize critical thinking skills, identify fallacious reasoning, independantly research/verify the actual research papers behind the studies and decide for youself. But even then, when new evidence becomes available, remain open to the idea of changing your position.

Those articles dropped within 24hrs of one another. Just seems CDC does not have tgeir stuff together. Its odd how the CDC and Fauci continually get a pass on things when they are the ones advising the Administration.

Re: Face masks and Science - 07/17/20 07:30 PM

What valid studies are being ignored?

For example:

https://www.technocracy.news/censor...ial-policy-and-why-face-masks-dont-work/

Re: Face masks and Science - 07/17/20 07:30 PM

Mark, can you please send me a link to the Harvard article you're referring to?

Re: Face masks and Science - 07/17/20 07:34 PM

Re: Face masks and Science - 07/17/20 07:36 PM

Why the H - E - double hockey sticks would anybody in their right mind listen to Fauci? He's either a liar or he's incompetent. No other option.

Re: Face masks and Science - 07/17/20 07:38 PM

Science can change? I'm confused, I thought Science could be "settled". I've listened to "The Science is settled" for several years now about climate change.

Re: Face masks and Science - 07/17/20 07:52 PM

Mark, can you please send me a link to the Harvard article you're referring to?

https://www.marketwatch.com/story/h...ern-vacationers-2020-07-16?siteid=yhoof2

Re: Face masks and Science - 07/17/20 08:01 PM

A lot of northerners aren't just going south for vacation, they're leaving for good. It doesn't take a genius to figure out what defund the PoPo means.

Re: Face masks and Science - 07/17/20 08:08 PM

Originally Posted by Mckinneycrappiecatcher
But Europe is doing it

Is that now or total since the beginning of the pandemic? it makes a huge difference.

That was on the news yesterday (when this thread started).
I used the present tense when I posted, i.e. "There are" as opposed to "there have been".

Re: Face masks and Science - 07/17/20 09:36 PM

You can weld with latex gloves and a kitchen apron....just don't believe you are protected. Mkay?
Posted By: hopalong

Re: Face masks and Science - 07/17/20 09:38 PM

Why the H - E - double hockey sticks would anybody in their right mind listen to Fauci? He's either a liar or he's incompetent. No other option.

fauci has $$$$$ riding on a vaccine. let that sink in.

Re: Face masks and Science - 07/17/20 09:42 PM

It shows that recommendations are being ignored in the effort to "normalize" things by opening schools and businesses.

the pediatricians in this country have recommended opening schools.

U.S. Pediatricians Call For In-Person School This Fall

https://www.npr.org/sections/corona...ians-call-for-in-person-school-this-fall
Posted By: fishslime

Re: Face masks and Science - 07/17/20 09:44 PM

Originally Posted by hopalong

Do you have proof of that?
Posted By: Bandit 200 XP

Re: Face masks and Science - 07/17/20 09:45 PM

Wear a Mask, it makes us look better .

Re: Face masks and Science - 07/17/20 09:53 PM

Originally Posted by fishslime

Do you have proof of that?

do you not have google?

Re: Face masks and Science - 07/17/20 10:07 PM

My google says it's a false claim.

Re: Face masks and Science - 07/17/20 10:21 PM

fauci has been in charge of the niaid since 84, he may or may not have made some contacts with people in the drug mfg industry.
look at his back and forth on masks, cloroquine (sp) and other possible meds to treat the wuhan flu.
if you don't think he has a ton of cash invested in the top 2 or 3 vaccine makers then you may want to think again.
he has not been consistent, has not been truthful, has not done right when it comes to this bs.

think inside trader advantage (legal due to congress).

fauci is a govt. official, he should not be promoting ANY corp. and their possible vaccine.

Moderna climbs 5% as Fauci calls its early COVID-19 vaccine data 'quite promising' (MRNA)
https://markets.businessinsider.com...auci-vaccine-comments-2020-5-1029227174#

I would suggest you stand way back and look at all that has and is going on with the wuhan flu and just who stands to become rich off of false numbers, promoting a non proven vaccine etc.

there is no one in govt. that has been there over 4 yrs. that I trust for one second. the longer this lasts the more I distrust them.

Re: Face masks and Science - 07/18/20 12:43 AM

fauci has been in charge of the niaid since 84, he may or may not have made some contacts with people in the drug mfg industry.
look at his back and forth on masks, cloroquine (sp) and other possible meds to treat the wuhan flu.
if you don't think he has a ton of cash invested in the top 2 or 3 vaccine makers then you may want to think again.
he has not been consistent, has not been truthful, has not done right when it comes to this bs.

fauci is a govt. official, he should not be promoting ANY corp. and their possible vaccine.

Moderna climbs 5% as Fauci calls its early COVID-19 vaccine data 'quite promising' (MRNA)

I would suggest you stand way back and look at all that has and is going on with the wuhan flu and just who stands to become rich off of false numbers, promoting a non proven vaccine etc.

there is no one in govt. that has been there over 4 yrs. that I trust for one second. the longer this lasts the more I distrust them.

I think you need to stand back and quote verified facts instead of "think this and think that". You are cherry picking and crawdad fishing.

Re: Face masks and Science - 07/18/20 01:22 AM

I think you need to stand back and quote verified facts instead of "think this and think that". You are cherry picking and crawdad fishing.

Why not, works for Fauci, the CDC and WHO.

Re: Face masks and Science - 07/18/20 01:28 AM

Fauci is all over the place. He said masks don't work because we non essentials might use them and his chosen essentials would have a hard time getting them. He picked who lived and who died. Nasty little elf he is.
Posted By: JackMason

Re: Face masks and Science - 07/18/20 01:44 AM

Fauci is all over the place. He said masks don't work because we non essentials might use them and his chosen essentials would have a hard time getting them. He picked who lived and who died. Nasty little elf he is.

I know he said that early on like in March. Has he said that recently?

Re: Face masks and Science - 07/18/20 01:49 AM

He should be fired at the very least

“We were concerned the public health community, and many people were saying this, were concerned that it was at a time when personal protective equipment, including the N95 masks and the surgical masks, were in very short supply,” Fauci told The Street. "We wanted to make sure the people, namely, the healthcare workers, who were brave enough to put themselves in harm's way to take care of people who you know were infected with coronavirus, and the danger of them getting infected. We did not want them to be without the equipment they needed."

Re: Face masks and Science - 07/18/20 01:51 AM

Originally Posted by JackMason

WTH? March IS recently.

Re: Face masks and Science - 07/18/20 02:02 AM

WTH? March IS recently.

Not in Covid time.

Re: Face masks and Science - 07/18/20 02:08 AM

WTH? March IS recently.

Not in Covid time.

Communicable disease has been around since Adam got booted from the garden.

Re: Face masks and Science - 07/18/20 02:14 AM

In Destin now, have been to a Restaurant, Walmart, and at pretty large resort. Maybe 50/50 on masks, probably less.

Re: Face masks and Science - 07/18/20 02:23 AM

Boils down to one thing. Love Trump=Hate Faucie. Reputation, experience, training, and credentials don't matter.

Re: Face masks and Science - 07/18/20 02:37 AM

Credentials like the New England Journal of Medicine?

It is also clear that masks serve symbolic roles. Masks are not only tools, they are also talismans that may help increase health care workers’ perceived sense of safety, well-being, and trust in their hospitals.

https://www.nejm.org/doi/full/10.1056/NEJMp2006372?query=TOC

Re: Face masks and Science - 07/18/20 02:47 AM

Sorry but I love this quote: We know that wearing a mask outside health care facilities offers little, if any, protection from infection.

It has to suck when the truth doesn't fit your narrative.

Re: Face masks and Science - 07/18/20 03:00 PM

It is also clear that masks serve symbolic roles. Masks are not only tools, they are also talismans that may help increase health care workers’ perceived sense of safety, well-being, and trust in their hospitals.

You may need to research that again. The statement was to encourage wearing of masks not what you are cherry picking from it.

Re: Face masks and Science - 07/18/20 04:16 PM

You may need to research that again. The statement was to encourage wearing of masks not what you are cherry picking from it.

according to the people I manage the ranch for (eminent medical center) masks are a joke and I agree, they only slow down about 70% of exhaled breath, only stop about 44% of virus being exhaled and if your dumb butt is coughing and sneezing in public without using a hand/elbow etc. then just how effective is a mask when they cough or sneeze on you? going to totally sterilize yourself? do you wipe down anything and everything you pick up? are you wearing a bandanna so folks will think you are cool, they do even less than a standard dust mask to stop transmission.
you can wear 4 masks and still catch this krap, I lost count a long time ago of all the people I see not wearing them right, the idiot in the liquor store was wearing a bandanna like an old west bandit, just hanging from his nose.
maybe, MAYBE, if everyone knew how to wear and did wear an n95 then you might have a valid point, up to that point masks are a feel good placebo for the general public.

keep drinking the koolaid and listen to what the goobers are "recommending", stay in fear and just let it roll like a good sheeple.

p.s. are you trained in how to wear a mask properly? the above is assuming the wearer is.

Re: Face masks and Science - 07/18/20 04:20 PM

How do you properly wear a face mask?
Your mask should cover your face from the bridge of your nose to under your chin. It should be loose fitting but still secure enough to stay in place. Make sure you can talk with your mask on and that it doesn’t irritate you, so you are not tempted to touch it or pull it out of place, which could put you at risk from touching your face or limit its effectiveness.

https://www.hopkinsmedicine.org/hea...navirus-face-masks-what-you-need-to-know

do you use a fresh mask every time you take one off? sanitize your hands prior to removing it?
sanitize hands when putting it on?
Posted By: steveiam

Re: Face masks and Science - 07/18/20 04:23 PM

Dang it hop, you just need to stop with this details thing, you must not like kool aid-

Re: Face masks and Science - 07/18/20 04:25 PM

.....when we forget the infection, will we remember the lesson?

Re: Face masks and Science - 07/18/20 04:27 PM

[Linked Image]

Re: Face masks and Science - 07/18/20 05:33 PM

this is the stock that fauci inflated with his promotion of their vaccine, sure wish I could see his stock portfolio.

Market Summary > Moderna Inc
NASDAQ: MRNA
94.85 USD +13.04 (15.94%)
Closed: Jul 17, 7:59 PM EDT · Disclaimer
After hours 94.23 −0.62 (0.65%)

public officials in no way should be recommending or promoting any co.
how many congress thieves have benefited from legal insider trading?

like they say, follow the money. fauci is in the limelight and seems to be enjoying it a bit too much.
Posted By: Brock Landers

Re: Face masks and Science - 07/18/20 05:39 PM

"public officials in no way should be recommending or promoting any co."

[Linked Image]

Re: Face masks and Science - 07/18/20 07:02 PM

You read again. Only in a health care setting. Not everybody, every day.
Posted By: Floon Swenson

Re: Face masks and Science - 07/18/20 07:07 PM

Originally Posted by Brock Landers

[Linked Image]

Looks legit to me.

Re: Face masks and Science - 07/18/20 07:09 PM

Originally Posted by Brock Landers

[Linked Image]

I stand by what I typed.

Re: Face masks and Science - 07/18/20 07:11 PM

y'all that want to just keep wearing them, not making any difference in my life.

don't expect me to fall into lock step with ya tho, won't happen.

Re: Face masks and Science - 07/18/20 07:30 PM

You need to read their statement issued on June 3 which clarifies the earlier one from May as well as indicating the real intent of it. The wearing of masks in enclosed environments is encouraged but not necessarily outside unless social distancing is not practical.

Re: Face masks and Science - 07/18/20 07:59 PM

y'all that want to just keep wearing them, not making any difference in my life.

You're gonna have to or change your ways extremely. Walmart made a Nation wide mandate for masks in their stores and I'm sure all grocery stores will follow along with all major department stores as well.

Re: Face masks and Science - 07/18/20 08:01 PM

[Linked Image]

Re: Face masks and Science - 07/18/20 08:02 PM

You're gonna have to or change your ways extremely. Walmart made a Nation wide mandate for masks in their stores and I'm sure all grocery stores will follow along with all major department stores as well.

and I will still go in without one, I am exempt. already thinking about sending the liquor store an ada violation letter.

can't breath right with one on due to medical conditions, carry 2 different inhalers wherever I go.

Re: Face masks and Science - 07/18/20 08:03 PM

[Linked Image]

thumb

Re: Face masks and Science - 07/18/20 08:03 PM

and I will still go in without one, I am exempt. already thinking about sending the liquor store an ada violation letter.

can't breath right with one on due to medical conditions, carry 2 different inhalers wherever I go.

Do you smoke cigarettes?

Re: Face masks and Science - 07/18/20 08:04 PM

He has a hall pass from his Dr. If he wears a mask, it scrambles the signal from the great weather maker in the sky.

Re: Face masks and Science - 07/18/20 08:20 PM

You need to read their statement issued on June 3 which clarifies the earlier one from May as well as indicating the real intent of it. The wearing of masks in enclosed environments is encouraged but not necessarily outside unless social distancing is not practical.

You mean science is changing again? Cloth masks can't stop aerosols. No point for healthy and asymptomatic people. Physics is physics.

Re: Face masks and Science - 07/18/20 08:31 PM

masks insufficient at 4 feet
Posted By: chickenman

Re: Face masks and Science - 07/18/20 08:39 PM

[Linked Image]

Re: Face masks and Science - 07/18/20 08:46 PM

You still have to obide by store mandates orbis this an ADA type thing?

Re: Face masks and Science - 07/18/20 08:50 PM

Nevermind, I see where you mention ADA

Re: Face masks and Science - 07/18/20 09:04 PM

The ADA does not provide a blanket exemption to people with disabilities from complying with legitimate safety requirements necessary for safe operations,” the Department of Justice Department, which helps enforce the ADA, said in a June 30 press release.

This press release directly addressed people claiming an ADA exemption from wearing face masks due to health problems

However, several states including Texas, California and New York do offer exemptions and also recommend that those people who can’t wear masks use curbside service

Re: Face masks and Science - 07/18/20 10:27 PM

Originally Posted by Scagnetti

The ADA does not provide a blanket exemption to people with disabilities from complying with legitimate safety requirements necessary for safe operations,” the Department of Justice Department, which helps enforce the ADA, said in a June 30 press release.

This press release directly addressed people claiming an ADA exemption from wearing face masks due to health problems

However, several states including Texas, California and New York do offer exemptions and also recommend that those people who can’t wear masks use curbside service

it says "legitimate" safety requirements, show me where any state has an official declaration of emergency, only then can a mask order be enforced.

Re: Face masks and Science - 07/18/20 10:48 PM

Originally Posted by chickenman
[Linked Image]

clap

Re: Face masks and Science - 07/18/20 11:55 PM

[Linked Image]

clap

thought that would be obvious to most, so much for thinkin. grin

Re: Face masks and Science - 07/18/20 11:59 PM

maybe I will compromise.

[Linked Image]

Re: Face masks and Science - 07/19/20 12:42 AM

maybe I will compromise.

[Linked Image]

Get on it and let us know how it goes.

Re: Face masks and Science - 07/19/20 12:57 AM

hey, it's a dam mask.

okay?

roflmao

Re: Face masks and Science - 07/19/20 04:16 AM

it says "legitimate" safety requirements, show me where any state has an official declaration of emergency, only then can a mask order be enforced.

We agree then, the Feds have no mandate under the auspices of the ADA to grant a face mask exemption

My other question still stands, do you still smoke cigarettes?

Re: Face masks and Science - 07/19/20 04:20 AM

[Linked Image]

Re: Face masks and Science - 07/19/20 10:39 AM

I assume you ask this so you can be judgemental on him because you believe you cant win your discussion point without it.

The status of whether someone smokes or does not will not revoke their rights under ADA but it will let you preach from your judgemental pit. This is us beneath even you Scags.

Re: Face masks and Science - 07/19/20 12:20 PM

[quote=crankn101][quote=crankn101]You still have to obide by store mandates orbis this an ADA type thing?

We agree then, the Feds have no mandate under the auspices of the ADA to grant a face mask exemption

do you drink alcohol?

yes I still smoke, have for well over 50 yrs. and your point is since smoking has not a dam thing to do with the ada.
as for your fed exemption, there is no federal mandate to wear a mask, the state of Tx. has given those of us with breathing problems an exemption and thus the ada comes back into play.

keep goin, I admire your tenacity and perseverance.

Re: Face masks and Science - 07/19/20 12:22 PM

[Linked Image]

is there a reward, I could use some extra cash.

how many times a day can I self report?
Posted By: Tsunami_1

Re: Face masks and Science - 07/19/20 12:40 PM

[Linked Image]

Re: Face masks and Science - 07/19/20 02:13 PM

[Linked Image]

is there a reward, I could use some extra cash.

how many times a day can I self report?

I just realized this is the only phone number, besides my own, that I can remember these days.

Re: Face masks and Science - 07/19/20 03:36 PM

I chuckle reading all the anti mask stuff.
I mean, geez, just because Walmart is requiring a mask doesn't mean you can't still wear your pajamas to shop.

Re: Face masks and Science - 07/19/20 03:43 PM

I mean, geez, just because Walmart is requiring a mask doesn't mean you can't still wear your pajamas to shop.

hmmmm, hadn't thought of that.

for the record, I am not anti mask if you want to wear one, go ahead. I can not and I see all these comments about protect others and just wear one, no regard for anyone that may not be able to wear one, would they go after an autistic child? how about granma in a scooter on O2? after the idiot in the liquor store I have less than 0 tolerance for the bs being spouted.
curb pick up is not a viable option for me, I am going to shop for what I want and if in a place like home depot I have to make color selection, lumber quality etc. no way someone else is gonna get it right.

Re: Face masks and Science - 07/19/20 03:51 PM

I'm curious Hop...I know that they won't let anyone in a clinic or hospital without a mask so how would you get an exception to not wear a mask? Maybe telemedicine and then they fax you your excuse? Bring it out to your truck in the parking lot?

Re: Face masks and Science - 07/19/20 04:06 PM

went to the va to make an appt. handed me a mask and I hung it around my neck, went in and guy at the computer had his on the same way. I now do telemed

as for an "excuse", I have well documented health problems and you don't get an id card detailing them.
if wal mart wants to hand me a mask, I will put it on around my neck and proceed, I am wearing a mask.
after all this started I went to atwoods, mask policy, explained why I couldn't wear one and they handed me a face shield that I wore, did absolutely nothing to stop anything but made everyone else feel good, felt like I should have a grinder in my hand tho.

Re: Face masks and Science - 07/19/20 04:17 PM

hmmmm, hadn't thought of that.

for the record, I am not anti mask if you want to wear one, go ahead.

Pick's just anti-Trump and anything he can do to divide everyone into groups is fun for him. Dont think he gives a hoot about the issue beyond his mask nazi stance on the internet.

https://www.google.com/amp/s/www.da...of-a-medical-condition/%3foutputType=amp

[Linked Image]

Re: Face masks and Science - 07/19/20 05:33 PM

I'm curious Hop...I know that they won't let anyone in a clinic or hospital without a mask so how would you get an exception to not wear a mask? Maybe telemedicine and then they fax you your excuse? Bring it out to your truck in the parking lot?

How obtuse. It’s called discrimination.

Spend two minutes reading the Americans with Disabilities Act that’s been mentioned four hundred times of late.
Posted By: diggerwolf

Re: Face masks and Science - 07/19/20 05:33 PM

went to the va to make an appt. handed me a mask and I hung it around my neck, went in and guy at the computer had his on the same way. I now do telemed

as for an "excuse", I have well documented health problems and you don't get an id card detailing them.
if wal mart wants to hand me a mask, I will put it on around my neck and proceed, I am wearing a mask.
after all this started I went to atwoods, mask policy, explained why I couldn't wear one and they handed me a face shield that I wore, did absolutely nothing to stop anything but made everyone else feel good, felt like I should have a grinder in my hand tho.

I'm curious. If you're too sick to wear a simple mask, shouldn't you avoid high risk places like Walmart?

Re: Face masks and Science - 07/19/20 07:16 PM

I would call my doctor to see if I had a reason to not wear a mask and then try to get them to send me a note showing their opinion. There is no blanket ADA exemption for people with disabilities to not wear masks, only certain people.

Here is a notice from the DOJ talking about fake notices and recommending anyone with concerns to call the ADA for questions regarding the law.
https://www.justice.gov/opa/pr/depa...nd-postings-regarding-use-face-masks-and

I would think that most people with reasons to not wear a mask would also be the most at risk. If I was in that group, I would try to get the store to help me shop from my car or get a friend to do my shopping.

Re: Face masks and Science - 07/19/20 07:19 PM

Originally Posted by diggerwolf

I'm curious. If you're too sick to wear a simple mask, shouldn't you avoid high risk places like Walmart?

shouldn't you avoid driving? maybe you should avoid walking, that new dam comet may fly down on your head. for gods sake don't go fishin, you might drown.

how bout you suggest what someone that lives in the middle of nowhere should do to get groceries and other needed stuff.

keep tryin with the nitpickin bs, y'all are amazing at how far out you will push just to get some ignorant line typed.

besides, IF EVERYONE ELSE IS WEARING A MASK, HOW AM I GOING TO TRANSMIT TO THEM EVEN IF I HAD IT?

Re: Face masks and Science - 07/19/20 07:23 PM

Hop-
You can shop around me with no mask anytime, you don’t scare me.
If I wear my mask, I should be ok-

That’s what I’m being told anyway-

Re: Face masks and Science - 07/19/20 07:26 PM

Originally Posted by steveiam
Hop-
You can shop around me with no mask anytime, you don’t don’t scare me.
If I wear my mask, I should be ok-

That’s what I’m being told anyway-

thumb

Re: Face masks and Science - 07/19/20 07:35 PM

I would think that most people with reasons to not wear a mask would also be the most at risk

What about people with respiratory disabilities, post-traumatic stress disorder, severe anxiety, claustrophobia, autism, and cerebral palsy? Not very “at risk.”

Re: Face masks and Science - 07/19/20 07:49 PM

Originally Posted by JacksonBean
I would think that most people with reasons to not wear a mask would also be the most at risk

What about people with respiratory disabilities, post-traumatic stress disorder, severe anxiety, claustrophobia, autism, and cerebral palsy? Not very “at risk.”

I don't know which of those have been associated with high risk from Covid but if they were, yes, I would think they would be more likely to find other methods to get stuff from stores. Ask a friend, find a store that will deliver to the car, etc.
" The ADA does not provide a blanket exemption to people with disabilities from complying with legitimate safety requirements necessary for safe operations."

The governors EO is a legitimate safety concern. There has to be a way to shop if you want to but just allowing anyone who says they are exempt is going to create a large number of people who are bypassing the rules intended to keep the public safe. Its not discrimination for a store to ask for proof that a person has a legitimate reason to not wear a mask. Then if he has a reason the store should, in the spirit of the EO, try to encourage distancing from that person IMO.

Re: Face masks and Science - 07/19/20 08:01 PM

I would call my doctor to see if I had a reason to not wear a mask and then try to get them to send me a note showing their opinion. There is no blanket ADA exemption for people with disabilities to not wear masks, only certain people.

Here is a notice from the DOJ talking about fake notices and recommending anyone with concerns to call the ADA for questions regarding the law.

I would think that most people with reasons to not wear a mask would also be the most at risk. If I was in that group, I would try to get the store to help me shop from my car or get a friend to do my shopping.

how is this for a "note"?

pretty sure everyone on here knows this is my truck, not some stolen picture.

[Linked Image]

maybe I should go back and question my drs. both civilian and at the va? maybe, just maybe they were wrong and the tff mask gestapo is right?

Re: Face masks and Science - 07/19/20 08:06 PM

Yeah but hop, your plate means diddly about you needing a mask or not, plus you refused to show proof to the store that you had a medical reason to not use a face mask.

As in my last two posts, from the DOJ, "The ADA does not provide a blanket exemption to people with disabilities from complying with legitimate safety requirements necessary for safe operations."
Posted By: WAWI

Re: Face masks and Science - 07/19/20 08:24 PM

Yeah but hop, your plate means diddly about you needing a mask or not, plus you refused to show proof to the store that you had a medical reason to not use a face mask.

As in my last two posts, from the DOJ, "The ADA does not provide a blanket exemption to people with disabilities from complying with legitimate safety requirements necessary for safe operations."

The store cant ask for proof. It is a violation of ada. Just like we cant ask for proof that a dog is a service animal. The dems crammed all the ada stuff down business throat. Now you dont want to follow it.
Posted By: Kattelyn

Re: Face masks and Science - 07/19/20 08:32 PM

Jesus. Y’all are still going on. popcorn

Re: Face masks and Science - 07/19/20 08:34 PM

Maybe we need to have some kind of glass bubble to put over disabled people's head if they can't wear a surgery mask. I'm envisioning something like diving helmet or a space helmet, but with top vents instead of an oxygen tube.

Re: Face masks and Science - 07/19/20 08:37 PM

Originally Posted by Gusick
Maybe we need to have some kind of glass bubble to put over disabled people's head if they can't wear a surgery mask. I'm envisioning something like diving helmet or a space helmet, but with top vents instead of an oxygen tube.

Float that around at the next democrat gathering you attend lol.
Posted By: _Mike_

Re: Face masks and Science - 07/19/20 08:56 PM

[Linked Image]

maybe I should go back and question my drs. both civilian and at the va? maybe, just maybe they were wrong and the tff mask gestapo is right?

I've got the same plates on my truck due to the wife's health issues. She has auto immune issues as well as respiratory issues ( COPD, asthma). A 50' walk leaves her wheezing, gasping for air. She gripes about the mask but she has always worn one because she knows it's the right thing to do. No excuses for her or me.

Time to man up!

Re: Face masks and Science - 07/19/20 09:10 PM

Originally Posted by _Mike_

[Linked Image]

I've got the same plates on my truck due to the wife's health issues. She has auto immune issues as well as respiratory issues ( COPD, asthma). A 50' walk leaves her wheezing, gasping for air. She gripes about the mask but she has always worn one because she knows it's the right thing to do. No excuses for her or me.

Time to man up!

Exactly. She should be commended for wearing a mask to help her fellow man and woman. It's a shame everyone can't have the same consideration.

Re: Face masks and Science - 07/19/20 09:13 PM

If your mask works as you believe it does, what exactly is it that you are worried about by others not wearing one?

Re: Face masks and Science - 07/19/20 09:13 PM

[Linked Image]

Time to man up!

Exactly. She should be commended for wearing a mask to help her fellow man and woman. It's a shame everyone can't have the same consideration.

You guys sounds like the ones who need to use the delivery/pick up services-
Seriously-
Posted By: wiredog

Re: Face masks and Science - 07/19/20 09:20 PM

They have agendas. You can search their old posts and it doesn't take long to learn they are hard leaning democrats.

Funny thing is I thought they were the most caring people in the world but apparently the masks they have covers their hearts as well. Its pretty sad.

Re: Face masks and Science - 07/19/20 09:24 PM

https://www.indiegogo.com/projects/biovyzr-venture-out-breathe-easy#/

They have one, it's $250. I'm considering getting one for work. Cheaper than buying n95 masks.

Re: Face masks and Science - 07/19/20 10:12 PM

[Linked Image]

Time to man up!

well good for her! has she had heart problems from her copd yet? I have. emphysema/chronic bronchitis (got the bronchitis when I almost died from pnuemonia in the navy, over 45 yrs ago).

man up? really? so I am gonna be more "manly" if I put my health at risk by wearing something that will do nothing at all for anyone else?
should I buy some white oakleys and get me some spiffy tenny runners too? want to be sure I am in the proper current style ya know.

point #1. if you are coughing and sneezing WHAT THE HELL ARE YOU DOING IN A STORE ANYWAY?

point #2. I go to town only when needed and then I stay as far away from others as possible, I don't walk up and breathe all over others from 1'.

point #3, the friggin governor gave us an exemption so to make y'all "feel better" I am supposed to put myself at risk, nope, not for a bunch of self centered hypocrites, not gonna happen.

point #4. when I see others wearing them right, not handling everything then putting is back on a shelf, sterilizing their money when they pay the cashier with no gloves, do you sterilize the gas pump handle, how about using a bathroom at a store/restaurant, and about 49 other things I have observed then I might consider a mask.

point #5. do you ever go out to eat, if so show us the mask you wear while chowing down on your tofu, oh, don't have one? have to eat with no mask? REALLY? that sure is effective since all the covid is floating around according to y'all.

I have posted multiple facts about the lack of effectiveness of masks, you want to wear one then knock yourself out, then man up and realize that simply crossing a street can also get ya killed faster than the covid along with a whole plethora of other things.

y'all be careful out there, covid is coming for ya and it's po'd bad!

Re: Face masks and Science - 07/19/20 10:15 PM

care to tell me just who issues said id? I can wait.

if 2 inhalers, tag on my truck and my age are not proof enough then they are stoopid beyond recovery.

Re: Face masks and Science - 07/19/20 10:46 PM

[Linked Image]

Re: Face masks and Science - 07/20/20 12:30 AM

I seem to remember a little get together we had with not a single person wearing a mask, including one here that is spouting nonsense. Funny how that works.

Re: Face masks and Science - 07/20/20 12:31 AM

[Linked Image]

Time to man up!

well good for her! has she had heart problems from her copd yet? I have. emphysema/chronic bronchitis (got the bronchitis when I almost died from pnuemonia in the navy, over 45 yrs ago).

man up? really? so I am gonna be more "manly" if I put my health at risk by wearing something that will do nothing at all for anyone else?
should I buy some white oakleys and get me some spiffy tenny runners too? want to be sure I am in the proper current style ya know.

point #1. if you are coughing and sneezing WHAT THE HELL ARE YOU DOING IN A STORE ANYWAY?

point #2. I go to town only when needed and then I stay as far away from others as possible, I don't walk up and breathe all over others from 1'.

point #3, the friggin governor gave us an exemption so to make y'all "feel better" I am supposed to put myself at risk, nope, not for a bunch of self centered hypocrites, not gonna happen.

point #4. when I see others wearing them right, not handling everything then putting is back on a shelf, sterilizing their money when they pay the cashier with no gloves, do you sterilize the gas pump handle, how about using a bathroom at a store/restaurant, and about 49 other things I have observed then I might consider a mask.

point #5. do you ever go out to eat, if so show us the mask you wear while chowing down on your tofu, oh, don't have one? have to eat with no mask? REALLY? that sure is effective since all the covid is floating around according to y'all.

I have posted multiple facts about the lack of effectiveness of masks, you want to wear one then knock yourself out, then man up and realize that simply crossing a street can also get ya killed faster than the covid along with a whole plethora of other things.

y'all be careful out there, covid is coming for ya and it's po'd bad!

Sadly, you are a big part of the problem. Man up and wake up while you are at it.
Posted By: lconn4

Re: Face masks and Science - 07/20/20 12:40 AM

[Linked Image]

PS... I'm not a scientist

Re: Face masks and Science - 07/20/20 12:44 AM

I seem to remember a little get together we had with not a single person wearing a mask, including one here that is spouting nonsense. Funny how that works.

I’ve been biting my tongue for weeks! roflmao

Re: Face masks and Science - 07/20/20 12:46 AM

https://www.dailymail.co.uk/science...-stop-fart-mask-prevent-coronavirus.html

Re: Face masks and Science - 07/20/20 12:52 AM

Did I read that correctly? Now I have to wear Pampers on my face??!!
Posted By: J.P. Greeson

Re: Face masks and Science - 07/20/20 12:54 AM

I don't know why I keep opening this thread. It makes my eyes go cross.

huh

Re: Face masks and Science - 07/20/20 12:57 AM

Depends on how ugly you are, I guess. It just means the molecules that carry the aroma of expelled gas are larger than those that carry the coronavirus...but only you know how ugly you are and if a diaper will help...roflmao

Re: Face masks and Science - 07/20/20 12:58 AM

Originally Posted by LoneStarSon

Depends on how ugly you are, I guess. It just means the molecules that carry the aroma of expelled gas are larger than those that carry the coronavirus...but only you know how ugly you are and if a diaper will help...roflmao

Hah, Depends...

Re: Face masks and Science - 07/20/20 12:59 AM

I’ve been biting my tongue for weeks! roflmao

The “do as I say” crowd, seems to be a pattern-

Re: Face masks and Science - 07/20/20 01:02 AM

Just think, by this time next year, we will all be vaccinated and we won't need mask anymore. God knows what we will argue about then.

Re: Face masks and Science - 07/20/20 01:06 AM

My wife's morning breath can go directly through the middle of a pillow. And not a cheap pillow either, I'm talking one of those high dollar My Pillows. Even if I apply pressure.

Re: Face masks and Science - 07/20/20 01:16 AM

Originally Posted by J.P. Greeson
I don't know why I keep opening this thread. It makes my eyes go cross.

huh

I find that moving the mask up a few inches helps

Re: Face masks and Science - 07/20/20 01:25 AM

[Linked Image]

Re: Face masks and Science - 07/20/20 01:38 AM

My wife's morning breath can go directly through the middle of a pillow. And not a cheap pillow either, I'm talking one of those high dollar My Pillows. Even if I apply pressure.

Ha!
Posted By: Pintail711

Re: Face masks and Science - 07/20/20 01:45 AM

[Linked Image]

Re: Face masks and Science - 07/20/20 02:11 AM

[Linked Image]

I haven’t seen the updated one! roflmao roflmao
Posted By: kennerdude

Re: Face masks and Science - 07/20/20 02:14 AM

So owning guns is high risk? hmmm

Re: Face masks and Science - 07/20/20 11:58 AM

They have one, it's $250. I'm considering getting one for work. Cheaper than buying n95 masks.

roflmao

How long till "fear of COVID" will get you on SSI disability?

Re: Face masks and Science - 07/20/20 12:45 PM

roflmao

N95 masks right now are about $5/ea. I have to wear them for work...Wearing a new one every day....the dang thing would pay for itself within 6 weeks. Also, my work is switching our HVAC so that now there is no recirculation of air, it's all fresh air from outside...great, except I'm allergic to certain grasses and they mow our lawn every 4 days.... I'd prefer not to sneeze all over my clients, so I'll be purchasing an air purifier for my office as well. This thing is the same price as the air purifier alone that would work for that and $350 cheaper than the one that filters particles 1 micron...So, again....$250 for this weird contraption is a heck of a lot cheaper in the long run...

Re: Face masks and Science - 07/20/20 12:47 PM

we now have to get our temperature taken as soon as we enter the building. same for vendors.

Re: Face masks and Science - 07/20/20 12:51 PM

we now have to get our temperature taken as soon as we enter the building. same for vendors.

I wonder if that's just a "feel good" measure? Lots of people with the wuflu never have a fever.

Re: Face masks and Science - 07/20/20 12:53 PM

roflmao

N95 masks right now are about $5/ea. I have to wear them for work...Wearing a new one every day....the dang thing would pay for itself within 6 weeks. Also, my work is switching our HVAC so that now there is no recirculation of air, it's all fresh air from outside...great, except I'm allergic to certain grasses and they mow our lawn every 4 days.... I'd prefer not to sneeze all over my clients, so I'll be purchasing an air purifier for my office as well. This thing is the same price as the air purifier alone that would work for that and $350 cheaper than the one that filters particles 1 micron...So, again....$250 for this weird contraption is a heck of a lot cheaper in the long run...

You work does not cover PPE?

https://www.amazon.com/gp/aw/d/B076BSN5NH?psc=1&ref=ppx_pop_mob_b_asin_image

Re: Face masks and Science - 07/20/20 12:57 PM

Not N95 masks, not yet. There are only about 10 of us on campus that are in close proximity to people for our jobs and actually need those. I believe actually getting them is the issue. I've been able to get some through my professional association. $71 for 15 masks.

Thanks for the link.

Re: Face masks and Science - 07/20/20 01:01 PM

Originally Posted by bigfishtx

I wonder if that's just a "feel good" measure? Lots of people with the wuflu never have a fever.

probably. we did have a couple of cases here.

Re: Face masks and Science - 07/20/20 01:07 PM

We're having to do the temperature thing too when we return. Then, the state requires I take the temperature of my client before they are allowed in my office...which makes no sense because they'll be checked at the door as they enter the building, but yeah...
Posted By: Duck_Hunter

Re: Face masks and Science - 07/20/20 01:48 PM

My wife’s company is requiring it also.

Re: Face masks and Science - 07/20/20 01:50 PM

We check employee and vendor temps as well. Fairly common now.

Re: Face masks and Science - 07/20/20 01:52 PM

Request a rectal thermometer.

Re: Face masks and Science - 07/20/20 02:11 PM

Originally Posted by WAWI

We check employee and vendor temps as well. Fairly common now.

My plant has over 12,000 employees (although many, like me, have been working from home since March) and they check temps at the door. More than just a "feel good" measure, while it may not catch all with COVID, it does catch those who have a fever. Fever being one of the most readily identifiable symptoms.

Re: Face masks and Science - 07/20/20 05:09 PM

My plant has over 12,000 employees (although many, like me, have been working from home since March) and they check temps at the door. More than just a "feel good" measure, while it may not catch all with COVID, it does catch those who have a fever. Fever being one of the most readily identifiable symptoms.

It’s an easy check no doubt. But, per the CDC, 80% of infected show little to no symptoms. My mother just informed me last week she’s had it and it took a long time to get over it. So now my mother and daughter both have had it, neither of them had a fever.

Re: Face masks and Science - 07/20/20 05:16 PM

Request a rectal thermometer.

Should be required if not wearing a mask.

Re: Face masks and Science - 07/21/20 03:40 PM

Growing Body of Evidence Suggests Masks Protect Those Wearing Them
Posted By: reeltexan

Re: Face masks and Science - 07/21/20 03:49 PM

I wear one where it's required and then try not to go back there.

Re: Face masks and Science - 07/21/20 05:26 PM

How Well Do Masks Work? (Schlieren Imaging In Slow Motion)

Re: Face masks and Science - 07/21/20 06:11 PM

Cuomo setting a bad example...imagine that.

https://www.fingerlakesdailynews.co...eLK21rnNBkNpwixBKw#.XxXMWYRRKOw.facebook

Re: Face masks and Science - 07/21/20 06:18 PM

How Well Do Masks Work? (Schlieren Imaging In Slow Motion)

How did you survive before government mandated masks? It must have been horrible.

I guess you'll wear one during flu season to show you're a patriot. What's a post COVID world look like? Masks for the social good?

Re: Face masks and Science - 07/21/20 07:50 PM

How did you survive before government mandated masks? It must have been horrible.

I guess you'll wear one during flu season to show you're a patriot. What's a post COVID world look like? Masks for the social good?

I simply posted a scientific explanation of why masks work. Why are you attacking me? Did I touch a nerve? Did you watch the video?

Here, enjoy more facts.

Your Mask Cuts Own Risk by 65 Percent
Posted By: Bass&More

Re: Face masks and Science - 07/21/20 07:55 PM

I simply posted a scientific explanation of why masks work. Why are you attacking me? Did I touch a nerve? Did you watch the video?

Here, enjoy more facts.

Your Mask Cuts Own Rosk by 65 Percent

[Linked Image]

dance it off and try again peep

Re: Face masks and Science - 07/21/20 08:08 PM

[Linked Image]

Because those cloth masks filter real good....uhmmmm....yeah.....

Re: Face masks and Science - 07/21/20 08:13 PM

I've never seen it happen but I bet it really hurts when a persons cough or sneeze penetrates their hand or elbow.

Re: Face masks and Science - 07/21/20 09:21 PM

Here, enjoy more facts.

I guess you'll wear one during flu season to show you're a patriot.

The mask does not stop the virus. Post some more please.

Re: Face masks and Science - 07/21/20 09:24 PM

Digger.....

Has anyone ever mentioned that you look a lot like Ron Jeremy?

Re: Face masks and Science - 07/21/20 09:37 PM

Here, enjoy more facts.

I guess you'll wear one during flu season to show you're a patriot.

The mask does not stop the virus. Post some more please.

I haven't really given much thought to flu season, but I don't need to show I'm a patriot. My monthly military retirement check is all the evidence I need.

Are you a patriot because you can't be inconvenienced by wearing a mask?

Why do you believe masks do not help lower the risk of COVID transmission? Please provide your evidence.

Re: Face masks and Science - 07/21/20 09:39 PM

Digger.....

Has anyone ever mentioned that you look a lot like Ron Jeremy?

No Bean, no one ever has. People say I look like Liam Neeson.

Are you a big fan of Ron Jeremy? Do you have posters of Ron Jeremy in your office?

Posted By: kennerdude

Re: Face masks and Science - 07/21/20 10:21 PM

I don’t know who you are. I don’t know what you want. But what I do have are a very particular set of skills, skills I have acquired over a very long career. Skills that make me a nightmare for people like you. If you wear your mask now, that’ll be the end of it. I will not look for you, I will not pursue you. But if you don’t, I will look for you, I will find you, and I will put a mask on you.” bolt
Posted By: JackMason

Re: Face masks and Science - 07/21/20 10:26 PM

Originally Posted by kennerdude
I don’t know who you are. I don’t know what you want. But what I do have are a very particular set of skills, skills I have acquired over a very long career. Skills that make me a nightmare for people like you. If you wear your mask now, that’ll be the end of it. I will not look for you, I will not pursue you. But if you don’t, I will look for you, I will find you, and I will put a mask on you.” bolt

That's pretty good!

Re: Face masks and Science - 07/21/20 10:35 PM

Originally Posted by kennerdude

LOL
© 2024 Texas Fishing Forum