Lawn guys - 07/08/20 02:39 PM

What izzit ?

low vine type plant, new to lawn, heavy growth [Linked Image]
Posted By: Kattelyn

Re: Lawn guys - 07/08/20 02:42 PM

Spotted spurge.
Posted By: BassFever

Re: Lawn guys - 07/08/20 03:09 PM

Looks like a mess and hard to get rid of.
Posted By: Ranger 177

Re: Lawn guys - 07/08/20 04:02 PM

Spray with round up before takes over
Posted By: JacksonBean

Re: Lawn guys - 07/08/20 04:04 PM

That my friend, is bubonic chronic.
Posted By: Derek 🐝

Re: Lawn guys - 07/08/20 04:06 PM

June/July is called the Spurge Surge.
Posted By: WAWI

Re: Lawn guys - 07/08/20 04:07 PM

Before I went nuclear with the round up depending on what grass I would hit it with trimec.
Posted By: Bruce's

Re: Lawn guys - 07/08/20 04:34 PM

From the pictures it has already seeded, Also this plant needs to be hand pulled several times to rid the tap root of it energy to regrow. You can kill it with weed control but when this plant is in its mature stage it harder to kill plus the seeds will drop and still be hardy.

Just my experience.
Posted By: John175☮

Re: Lawn guys - 07/08/20 04:56 PM

Originally Posted by Derek 🐝
June/July is called the Spurge Surge.

I like that. Is there a parade and fireworks?
Posted By: TexDawg

Re: Lawn guys - 07/08/20 05:08 PM

I battle that stuff every year, but not so much in the lawn/grass but in the backyard in between flagstones in the patio an pathways
Posted By: Trebor Neil

Re: Lawn guys - 07/08/20 06:16 PM

Originally Posted by Bruce's
From the pictures it has already seeded, Also this plant needs to be hand pulled several times to rid the tap root of it energy to regrow. You can kill it with weed control but when this plant is in its mature stage it harder to kill plus the seeds will drop and still be hardy.

Just my experience.

wow, seeds already, I just noticed the growth about 3 days ago, pulled a few, however after the goat head fiasco I think I'll try other methods, no fire, no Round Up, may just try a type of weed be gone and keep treating new growth

just ordered some Ortho Weed &Clear, and will feed the lawn right after using that
Posted By: Kattelyn

Re: Lawn guys - 07/08/20 06:28 PM

Originally Posted by Trebor Neil

Just my experience.

wow, seeds already, I just noticed the growth about 3 days ago, pulled a few, however after the goat head fiasco I think I'll try other methods, no fire, no Round Up, may just try a type of weed be gone and keep treating new growth

just ordered some Ortho Weed &Clear, and will feed the lawn right after using that

Check the bag to see if there's any temperatures you shouldn't apply it. I'm vaguely remembering that there's some similar products that you shouldn't apply at high temps.
Posted By: Derek 🐝

Re: Lawn guys - 07/08/20 06:33 PM

Originally Posted by Kattelyn
Originally Posted by Trebor Neil

Just my experience.

Check the bag to see if there's any temperatures you shouldn't apply it. I'm vaguely remembering that there's some similar products that you shouldn't apply at high temps.

Celsius WG is one of the few that does not have a temperature restriction and it can be used on St Aug if that's what you have and it will kill spurge when used at the max rate. Downside is it's expensive.

Re: Lawn guys - 07/08/20 06:35 PM

I'm not sure msma would work but always like using it when I can.
Posted By: V-Bottom

Re: Lawn guys - 07/08/20 06:41 PM

Get some weed killer called ERASER......Pricey but works. Concentrated. In about 4-5 days grass/weeds are toast.

Re: Lawn guys - 07/08/20 06:48 PM

Originally Posted by WAWI

We got a crop of two headed toads from the msma. The bugs ain't got a chance!

Re: Lawn guys - 07/08/20 07:02 PM

Originally Posted by John175☮
Originally Posted by WAWI

We got a crop of two headed toads from the msma. The bugs ain't got a chance!

roflmao
Posted By: CCTX

Re: Lawn guys - 07/08/20 07:08 PM

Originally Posted by JacksonBean

I concur.

To fully eradicate your lawn of this weed, you must release the Mega Karen.

Re: Lawn guys - 07/08/20 07:41 PM

Originally Posted by CCTX
Originally Posted by JacksonBean

I concur.

To fully eradicate your lawn of this weed, you must release the Mega Karen.

Grasscutter Kyle does my yard. He shames the weeds into submission, with mask on.
Posted By: Bass-N-Buck Master

Re: Lawn guys - 07/08/20 07:56 PM

Nutritional value for bugs!
© 2024 Texas Fishing Forum