Texas Fishing Forum

Minnesota cops

Posted By: bloo_rainger

Minnesota cops - 05/27/20 12:56 AM

Unbelievable....based on what I saw....
Posted By: TR176

Re: Minnesota cops - 05/27/20 01:06 AM

Horrible. I sometimes think this is type of thing is overplayed, but now not so much,
Posted By: Emit R Detsaw

Re: Minnesota cops - 05/27/20 01:14 AM

That cop is going to be popular in jail.....
Posted By: 921 Phoenix

Re: Minnesota cops - 05/27/20 01:21 AM

i wonder what the guy did to get attack by cops like that. I heard them mention resisting arrest
Posted By: Gourdbuster

Re: Minnesota cops - 05/27/20 01:21 AM

Originally Posted by 921 Phoenix
i wonder what the guy did to get attack by cops like that. I heard them mention resisting arrest

They always mention resisting arrest.
Posted By: Jpurdue

Re: Minnesota cops - 05/27/20 01:29 AM

Some indication the guy was under the influence and resisted arrest. He may have had an underlying health issue that made it unwise for him to fight the police. It’s possible he couldn’t breathe because he was having a heart attack. Its possible those police Officers were way out of line. A jury will get to see all the facts and make a decision.

Re: Minnesota cops - 05/27/20 01:30 AM

Originally Posted by Gourdbuster

I was really asking what he did to get them after him to begin with. I thought I heard someone say it took ten minutes to get him under control. This video is bad. this video appears to show they just killed him with people asking them to let him up or put him in the car. I don't understand why they didn't? That's why I would like to know what they thought justified this treatment.
Posted By: 44 Diesel

Re: Minnesota cops - 05/27/20 01:38 AM

Cops were responding to a forgery in progress. The guy matched the description and was sitting in a car and the cops said he seemed to be under the influence
Posted By: Trickster

Re: Minnesota cops - 05/27/20 01:41 AM

Originally Posted by Jpurdue
Some indication the guy was under the influence and resisted arrest. He may have had an underlying health issue that made it unwise for him to fight the police. It’s possible he couldn’t breathe because he was having a heart attack. Its possible those police Officers were way out of line. A jury will get to see all the facts and make a decision.

My guess is the media may have some influence on the decision.
Posted By: txmasterpo

Re: Minnesota cops - 05/27/20 01:48 AM

All of the officers were responsible and it was disgusting.....it was also a % of yearly stops so small it's not even a statistic, it's an anomaly......period
Posted By: lakeforkfisherman

Re: Minnesota cops - 05/27/20 02:18 AM

You never get to see what happened before the video. Now that the world has seen the video, it won’t matter. Those officers are in deep doo doo.
Posted By: H.Town_paddler

Re: Minnesota cops - 05/27/20 02:39 AM

I can’t think of a good reason to keep your knee on the guys neck for that long, especially once he’s in hand cuffs.
Posted By: Duck_Hunter

Re: Minnesota cops - 05/27/20 02:43 AM

Originally Posted by txmasterpo
All of the officers were responsible and it was disgusting.....it was also a % of yearly stops so small it's not even a statistic, it's an anomaly......period

I’m with this. Again, I’ll wait until all of the facts come out, but In general, I’m erring on the side of caution and this isn’t the way to go about it. At least on its face.
Posted By: Team Skeeterless

Re: Minnesota cops - 05/27/20 02:47 AM

I’m 100% back the blue and always give benefit of the doubt!! Normally I see someone resisting or not following directions and it leads to bad outcomes. In this case regardless of what preceded the video clip the man was clearly restrained and subdued. Cops were warned he wasn’t responsive and never even looked or attempted to check on him. Absolutely zero excuse for cops in this case. Doesn’t matter what anything else shows the video clearly shows man restrained and struggling. Citizens telling cops he’s unresponsive and they never checked. Maybe only time I say it but that is disgusting police work!
Posted By: crankn101

Re: Minnesota cops - 05/27/20 02:51 AM

Murdering someone is an "anomaly" now.

Cool
Posted By: spankyttx

Re: Minnesota cops - 05/27/20 02:53 AM

per reports i've seen, 4 cops fired at this point. i assume that means they just lost their qualified immunity and opens the door to prosecution?

Re: Minnesota cops - 05/27/20 02:54 AM

It's getting crazy there right now. I seen videos of cop cars getting windows smashed with cops inside and they just kept driving slowly and turned around.

This won't end well
Posted By: RayBob

Re: Minnesota cops - 05/27/20 02:59 AM

Originally Posted by H.Town_paddler
I can’t think of a good reason to keep your knee on the guys neck for that long, especially once he’s in hand cuffs.

This.
Posted By: beartrap

Re: Minnesota cops - 05/27/20 12:41 PM

we need to change our laws to "when you fight or resist arrest,you lose all your rights to sue or receive compensation" and we need to allow police to use any force necessary to subdue someone fighting or resisting arrest to include "halt or I will shoot" when chasing suspects.........our current laws are doing nothing but encouraging criminals to fight police officers......every single instance of black lives matter making the news has involved a black man with a criminal record resisting or fighting with police officers or people trying to detain them til police arrived.....if we don't stop this b.s.,we are not going to have any capable police officers left....
Posted By: Bigbob_FTW

Re: Minnesota cops - 05/27/20 12:45 PM

Originally Posted by beartrap
we need to change our laws to "when you fight or resist arrest,you lose all your rights to sue or receive compensation" and we need to allow police to use any force necessary to subdue someone fighting or resisting arrest to include "halt or I will shoot" when chasing suspects.........our current laws are doing nothing but encouraging criminals to fight police officers......every single instance of black lives matter making the news has involved a black man with a criminal record resisting or fighting with police officers or people trying to detain them til police arrived.....if we don't stop this b.s.,we are not going to have any capable police officers left....

he didn't resist and was in cuffs. this cop murdered him.

https://www.theblaze.com/news/new-video-cops-dragging-george-floyd-rioting
Posted By: NoCoolNameToo

Re: Minnesota cops - 05/27/20 12:52 PM

You have the right not to be killed
Murder is a crime
Unless it was done
By a policeman
Or an aristocrat
Oh, know your rights
Posted By: MBradford

Re: Minnesota cops - 05/27/20 12:57 PM

Originally Posted by NoCoolNameToo
You have the right not to be killed
Murder is a crime
Unless it was done
By a policeman
Or an aristocrat
Oh, know your rights

Good song.

Re: Minnesota cops - 05/27/20 01:07 PM

Originally Posted by Bigbob_FTW

b.s. why did they have to drag him out of the car?.....

Re: Minnesota cops - 05/27/20 01:14 PM

b.s. why did they have to drag him out of the car?.....

it's easier to kill him out of the car.
Posted By: butch sanders

Re: Minnesota cops - 05/27/20 01:29 PM

thats about as bad as it can get

Re: Minnesota cops - 05/27/20 01:46 PM

Originally Posted by butch sanders
thats about as bad as it can get

no...this is as bad as it gets...https://www.wsbtv.com/news/local/atlanta/15-year-old-arrested-death-buckhead-man-outside-apartment-complex/AU3BLDENH5FGBCL76FQVRTUVQM/

this kind of criminal behavior has made huge sections of any metro area unsafe especially at night...and the ridiculous part is being called racist when you point out black on white crime or how vast areas of our cities have become nothing but welfare supported cesspools of crime....

Re: Minnesota cops - 05/27/20 02:07 PM

No.
Posted By: Hook'Em 79

Re: Minnesota cops - 05/27/20 02:16 PM

I just don’t understand their thought process when a man is saying he can’t breath and is in handcuffs. Why continue to keep you knee on his neck? Even if he’s a threat or whatever you fear you have to know the keeping pressure on his neck will kill him.
Posted By: SheldonS

Re: Minnesota cops - 05/27/20 02:27 PM

Comply or face on the spot execution.

I’ll bet the officers are possibly rethinking that maybe the could have handled things differently.

But we don’t fully know yet what happened before the video and how combative that dude was at the time.

Re: Minnesota cops - 05/27/20 02:41 PM

Originally Posted by SheldonS

I’ll bet the officers are possibly rethinking that maybe the could have handled things differently.

But we don’t fully know yet what happened before the video and how combative that dude was at the time.

he was combative enough to where it took more than one officer to wrestle him to the ground and put handcuffs on him......it's pretty easy to play "Monday morning quarterback" on these situations but the reality is that there is no time to plan your moves when you are in the middle of a fight with a grown man...you are trying to immobilize him any way possible to keep him from hurting or killing you.....again...stop resisting arrest or fleeing from the police and we would have ZERO instances of black lives matter protests.....
WOULD YOU CHOOSE A CAREER AS A POLICE OFFICER IN MINNEAPOLIS OR ANY OTHER METRO AREA?
Posted By: Snakeyes711

Re: Minnesota cops - 05/27/20 02:46 PM

Pretty sure the cops will be charged with murder.

Re: Minnesota cops - 05/27/20 02:47 PM

I’m 100% pro-blue and always try to see things from police side but no excuses for this one. He was restrained, saying he couldn’t breathe, bystanders telling them he was unresponsive yet nobody checked or looked at him to confirm and kept knee on neck. Flat out this one is bad and no excuse for it!!
Posted By: TexDawg

Re: Minnesota cops - 05/27/20 02:51 PM

Originally Posted by Team Skeeterless
I’m 100% pro-blue and always try to see things from police side but no excuses for this one. He was restrained, saying he couldn’t breathe, bystanders telling them he was unresponsive yet nobody checked or looked at him to confirm and kept knee on neck. Flat out this one is bad and no excuse for it!!

I have to agree
Posted By: junbengreat

Re: Minnesota cops - 05/27/20 02:52 PM

Why is it that military have to be shot at before engaging the enemy but our police officers see anything that resembles a weapons and they shoot kill civilians. I’m thinking training needs to change.
Posted By: redskeet100

Re: Minnesota cops - 05/27/20 03:02 PM

The cop definitely went too far in this case and will suffer the consequences. This all starts the same way though, a criminal that runs or resists arrest and winds up hurt or dead because he didn't take responsibility for his actions.

Re: Minnesota cops - 05/27/20 03:10 PM

Originally Posted by junbengreat
Why is it that military have to be shot at before engaging the enemy but our police officers see anything that resembles a weapons and they shoot kill civilians. I’m thinking training needs to change.

That's an Obama rule that cost us a lot of lives an arguably a war.

Maybe ya'll saw something I didn't. I've not watched the whole video. I just saw a 20 second clip on the nightly news. How do we know he hadn't said he couldn't breathe previously, they let up and then he started fighting them again? Is there a video out there that shows the whole thing start to finish? How long did they keep their knee on his neck after he lost consciousness? It takes about 2-3 minutes to suffocate someone. Did they keep the knee on him that long? Was the knee directly on his wind pipe? As someone who has been chocked unconscious multiple times (jiu jitsu) I can tell you that it's not easy to choke someone out unless you are blocking the windpipe and both veins on each side of the neck. Generally speaking if you can talk, you can breathe. Do we even know that he suffocated? Is it possible he had a heart attack after 20 seconds of the knee on the neck?

Anyway, I'm not saying these cops didn't do anything wrong. I'm not a cop, I don't know what all the appropriate procedures are. I just know short video clips don't always tell the whole story. I hate to see anyone die regardless or race or creed. I also know that most cops are fundamentally good people, and I highly doubt they were intentionally trying to kill the man. We have a legal system, let's let it work and all the facts will come out in front of a jury.
Posted By: BCBassCat

Re: Minnesota cops - 05/27/20 03:12 PM

Not taking sides. I just wonder what the guys record was?

Re: Minnesota cops - 05/27/20 03:14 PM

Originally Posted by BCBassCat

The cop? He has priors
Posted By: Chris B

Re: Minnesota cops - 05/27/20 03:15 PM

Don't know what started this but the cops took it to far in the end.

Re: Minnesota cops - 05/27/20 03:16 PM

Originally Posted by crankn101

The cop? He has priors

heard that too.

Re: Minnesota cops - 05/27/20 03:20 PM

he was combative enough to where it took more than one officer to wrestle him to the ground and put handcuffs on him......it's pretty easy to play "Monday morning quarterback" on these situations but the reality is that there is no time to plan your moves when you are in the middle of a fight with a grown man...you are trying to immobilize him any way possible to keep him from hurting or killing you.....again...stop resisting arrest or fleeing from the police and we would have ZERO instances of black lives matter protests.....
WOULD YOU CHOOSE A CAREER AS A POLICE OFFICER IN MINNEAPOLIS OR ANY OTHER METRO AREA?

No, I wouldn't choose a job that requires me to break the Constitution daily. That's just me and my beliefs. I have never been a fan of the Redcoats.
Posted By: soggybottom

Re: Minnesota cops - 05/27/20 03:28 PM

you pull over enough people and eventually someone is going to get murdered, its common sense. If people would just do what they are told then people wouldn't have to get murdered.
Bottom line.

Re: Minnesota cops - 05/27/20 04:04 PM

Wasn’t a knee on the guy’s neck for five minutes? Five minutes isn’t “no time to plan.” Five minutes is a long time. And I’m not saying the guy didn’t need to be restrained. I’m saying putting your weight on his neck with your knee was wrong. Maybe putting your weight with your knee in his back would’ve also restrained him without killing him. Or using more than one officer to do so after he was handcuffed.

I don’t know. All I know is putting a knee on someone’s neck for five minutes is wrong, especially when it results in the death of someone.

Re: Minnesota cops - 05/27/20 04:06 PM

I wonder when forgery became a capitol offense?
Posted By: BCBassCat

Re: Minnesota cops - 05/27/20 04:06 PM

The cop? He has priors

Actually the guy arrested, but yes both guys.

Re: Minnesota cops - 05/27/20 04:21 PM

I wonder when forgery became a capitol offense?

Clearly when he resisted arrest.

Re: Minnesota cops - 05/27/20 04:31 PM

I watched a little more of the footage. Clearly he was in hand cuffs prior to the main altercation. They had him sitting down cuffed up against a wall before they started to walk him over to the police car. I'm sure he fought back prior to the by-stander video starting, but at that point he was cuffed. 4 police officers should be able to restrain a man cuffed behind his back and in the prone position on the ground without having to keep a knee on the neck for somewhere between 4-8 minutes. (As reported in an article I read).

We have a legal system this still needs to play out in, but I suspect it will not end well for these officers. It sure appears to be a very clear excessive force for a threat that had already been neutralized.
Posted By: Caribou

Re: Minnesota cops - 05/27/20 04:36 PM

I watched a little more of the footage. Clearly he was in hand cuffs prior to the main altercation. They had him sitting down cuffed up against a wall before they started to walk him over to the police car. I'm sure he fought back prior to the by-stander video starting, but at that point he was cuffed. 4 police officers should be able to restrain a man cuffed behind his back and in the prone position on the ground without having to keep a knee on the neck for somewhere between 4-8 minutes. (As reported in an article I read).

We have a legal system this still needs to play out in, but I suspect it will not end well for these officers. It sure appears to be a very clear excessive force for a threat that had already been neutralized.

I watched the entirety of the video, it’s right around a full 8 minutes, and that’s assuming the officer put his knee on his neck the second the video started which isn’t likely.

Re: Minnesota cops - 05/27/20 04:37 PM

It’s been said, but absolutely no excuse for this one. Multiple officers on scene, multiple bystanders asking pretty nicely at first for you to just check on him, and not a single officer on scene one time even looked at the mans face.

Re: Minnesota cops - 05/27/20 04:39 PM

why didn't somebody push the bully off his neck?
maybe you get tazed
but you stop a murder

Re: Minnesota cops - 05/27/20 04:41 PM

maybe you get tazed
but you stop a murder

100% chance you end up shot in that situation.

Did you watch the video? an officer is literally standing guard making sure they don’t interfere.

Re: Minnesota cops - 05/27/20 04:41 PM

maybe you get tazed
but you stop a murder

The cop would be justified in killing you. These pretend laws need to change.

Re: Minnesota cops - 05/27/20 04:42 PM

Where were to good cops in this situation? People always say most are good, where were they? Only the couple of bad apples were at this incident?

Re: Minnesota cops - 05/27/20 04:46 PM

Originally Posted by lakeforkfisherman
You never get to see what happened before the video. Now that the world has seen the video, it won’t matter. Those officers are in deep doo doo.

Some prior posts indicate that forgery, resisting arrest, back sassing a cop quality for the the death penalty. Tried, convicted, executed on the spot no fuss no muss except for 10,000 cell phone cameras. SupermaX will keep the cop safe.
Posted By: SheldonS

Re: Minnesota cops - 05/27/20 04:48 PM

My thoughts are let it ply out in the justice system and people's court.

But I'll bet they pooped themselves when they heard the guy died.

Re: Minnesota cops - 05/27/20 04:49 PM

Originally Posted by TR176
Originally Posted by lakeforkfisherman

Some prior posts indicate that forgery, resisting arrest, back sassing a cop quality for the the death penalty. Tried, convicted, executed on the spot no fuss no muss except for 10,000 cell phone cameras. SupermaX will keep the cop safe.

Yep. It really doesn’t matter what happened prior to that moment. Street justice isn’t how it’s supposed to work. Cops could have just seen him murder 25 people. Once he’s in handcuffs, and subdued, he should get his day in court. What they did is akin to an officer walking up and putting one in the back of his skull to get even. It’s pretty likely the officers egos were hurt that he resisted, so they went way too far.

Why is he even in the ground at that point. He’s cuffed and calm. Put him in the patrol car.

To be clear, there wouldn’t be this uproar if he was a mass murder, and rightfully so, but once you’ve gotten to the point that he’s cuffed, and subdued, fight is over.

Re: Minnesota cops - 05/27/20 04:50 PM

My thoughts are let it ply out in the justice system and people's court.

But I'll bet they pooped themselves when they heard the guy died.

The cops should have let it play out in the justice system too, they didn’t. They had to know he was dying. He wasn’t moving or breathing.
Posted By: Topwater2

Re: Minnesota cops - 05/27/20 05:03 PM

He was cuffed and four officers should have been man enough to have him in a car and on his way downtown for booking. Cuff his ankles if you need to, no need to treat anyone like that. I would not want to be an office in that city, things are going to get out of hand.
Posted By: deucer02

Re: Minnesota cops - 05/27/20 05:59 PM

This! Wait until the actual facts of the incident are revealed, rather than a knee jerk reaction as promoted by the MSM. Also. an autopsy result can clear up a lot of speculation. But, by all means do the rioting and looting of liquor, Nike, and color tv stores. Most normal people express their rage that way.

Re: Minnesota cops - 05/27/20 06:02 PM

Originally Posted by deucer02

This! Wait until the actual facts of the incident are revealed, rather than a knee jerk reaction as promoted by the MSM. Also. an autopsy result can clear up a lot of speculation. But, by all means do the rioting and looting of liquor, Nike, and color tv stores. Most normal people express their rage that way.

Frankly none of that matters to me. Wether he was having a heart attack, or wether he couldn’t breath because the officers knee was on his neck, the officers chose to ignore a dying man in order to exert dominance over him because he bruised their egos by resisting. Nothing preceding the video matters to me at all. A man died because an officer was digging his knee into the back of his neck for over 8 minutes! For no reason, while ignoring the pleas of the man they were arresting as well as the bystanders who made it very clear the man was dying.

There’s zero way to spin this as a “back the blue” situation. This was power hungry cops wanting to win the ego battle. Not only with the man on the ground, but with the bystanders pleading for them to save him.
Posted By: Stump jumper

Re: Minnesota cops - 05/27/20 06:07 PM

Originally Posted by soggybottom
you pull over enough people and eventually someone is going to get murdered, its common sense. If people would just do what they are told then people wouldn't have to get murdered.
Bottom line.

My thoughts exactly. Yes the cops were wrong but if people would follow the rules and not put themselves in these situations it would not happen. Case in point. The young lady pulled over by the state trooper north of Houston a few years back. If she had not got mouthy then at the worst she gets a ticket.

Re: Minnesota cops - 05/27/20 06:16 PM

Originally Posted by Stump jumper
Bottom line.

My thoughts exactly. Yes the cops were wrong but if people would follow the rules and not put themselves in these situations it would not happen. Case in point. The young lady pulled over by the state trooper north of Houston a few years back. If she had not got mouthy then at the worst she gets a ticket.

So the guy committed suicide by not kneeling to his masters?

Re: Minnesota cops - 05/27/20 06:20 PM

Bottom line.

hey I was just fishing. Cant believe I buried the hook!!

Re: Minnesota cops - 05/27/20 06:27 PM

Imagine if this wasn't recorded

Man Dies After Medical Incident During Police Interaction

May 25, 2020 (MINNEAPOLIS) On Monday evening, shortly after 8:00 pm, officers from the Minneapolis Police Department responded to the 3700 block of Chicago Avenue South on a report of a forgery in progress. Officers were advised that the suspect was sitting on top of a blue car and appeared to be under the influence.

Two officers arrived and located the suspect, a male believed to be in his 40s, in his car. He was ordered to step from his car. After he got out, he physically resisted officers. Officers were able to get the suspect into handcuffs and noted he appeared to be suffering medical distress. Officers called for an ambulance. He was transported to Hennepin County Medical Center by ambulance where he died a short time later.

At no time were weapons of any type used by anyone involved in this incident.

The Minnesota Bureau of Criminal Apprehension has been called in to investigate this incident at the request of the Minneapolis Police Department.

No officers were injured in the incident.

Body worn cameras were on and activated during this incident.

The GO number associated with this case is 20-140629.
Posted By: T Bird

Re: Minnesota cops - 05/27/20 07:06 PM

I doubt he just decided to put his knee on his neck. I imagine that's how he was trained. The new 2020 choke hold. Disgusting!
Posted By: leethefishking

Re: Minnesota cops - 05/27/20 08:21 PM

I apologize for the length of this post but just trying to bring perspective to the discussion. In the United States there are now over 500,000 full time peace officers. Issues like the one here, which in my opinion was clearly at least manslaughter, if not murder happen at least weekly. When you have that many people responding to violent encounters you are going to have some of these encounters that are grossly mishandled. Positional asphyxia, and Excited Delirium have become well know and any department should be trained to recognize the dangers. All that being said, why are we hearing about this one? You have heard me say it before on some of Crankn’
posts but hide and watch. As we get closer to the election cycle we are going to be bombarded with these stories and before you know it once again it will be open season on officers. The divisiveness factor can’t be overlooked. Prosecute every dirty cop in the world, and I will help you, but don’t turn on our hard working cops out there on the street doing good work. In this very thread Juneben pointed out that cops shoot unarmed people. Does it happen, yes but as he framed it his statement is pure BS. Here in my community we handled over 300 man with a gun calls in 2019 in which a person had weapons pointed at them and in which they did posses a firearm. Of those 300 only one was killed when after shooting his girlfriends car he turned to face officers while drawing the firearm out of his waistband. That wasn’t 300 calls involving cell phones or wallets or anything else, it was confirmed firearms. If we had a bunch of bloodthirsty cops roaming around many would have been shot. Again, outrage at this incident should be expected and is well warranted but don’t let it turn you against hard working people that are out there dealing with very difficult situations on a nightly basis.
Posted By: 786

Re: Minnesota cops - 05/27/20 09:13 PM

I'm heartened to see the overwhelming majority of posts condemn this abuse of power. Unfortunately, there will always be some people that just don't get it. They probably think Rodney King was treated appropriately because "we didn't see what happened before filming started". There is no hope for those people who make excuses for the unnecessary death of a civilian by rogue cops. (I like cops; I was one for 4 years, worked with some of the best.)
Posted By: R.J.E.

Re: Minnesota cops - 05/27/20 09:14 PM

Feel bad for the family, it was disgusting what the cops did, now we have to wait and see what Lebron James says.
Posted By: Frenzy

Re: Minnesota cops - 05/27/20 09:25 PM

From what I've seen in the videos, these cops were wrong and likely killed him. He's a thief.....but he sure didn't deserve to die for his actions. It's a shame the consequences of his decisions ultimately lead him to the end of his life. Crimes a risky business....

Re: Minnesota cops - 05/27/20 09:28 PM

Cool

More AA men are murdered on a random week in Chicago than LE murders in a year.....GTFO with that nonsense

Re: Minnesota cops - 05/27/20 09:35 PM

Bottom line.

Sure you were.
Posted By: Dave-0

Re: Minnesota cops - 05/27/20 09:49 PM

I wonder what the over - under is? I'm saying 12 pages....

argue

popcorn2

Re: Minnesota cops - 05/27/20 09:54 PM

Bottom line.

I was pretty sure you were, but decided to steer clear just in case.

Re: Minnesota cops - 05/27/20 10:42 PM

From a respected police officer

I normally bite my tongue when discussions about police misconduct arise. Seldom do the conversations truly advance us towards better understanding or truth, and the same canned responses are typically trotted out by civilians and officers alike. So, I sit it out.

I can't sit this one out. I can't sit in a police leadership position and also stand silent when I see clear wrong. We are conditioned to respond to citizen complaints with "there are bad apples in every profession." Well, I understand that it is my place (and all other officers' too) as a "good apple" to speak up so that we don't ruin the reputation of the whole barrel.

The actions of the officers in Minneapolis are unacceptable and should be condemned in no uncertain terms. No use of force technique that I, or any officer I have ever met, know of calls for placing the officer's knee on a handcuffed suspect's neck. It is not a control technique, it is not a defensive tactic...and it was clearly punitive in this case. We are called to protect to the greatest extent possible the lives of everyone we encounter, even those who have broken the law or resisted. That spirit of service and basic human empathy was nowhere to be found here.

"But Emmitt, we can't see the whole video. What if something happened before the video starts?" There is NO action, none whatsoever, that justifies kneeling on the neck of a handcuffed man who is telling you that he cannot breathe while you callously mock him with your hands in your pockets. Especially when you have cover officers on the scene and could physically place the individual into your vehicle or restrain him in a recovery position.

"But Emmitt, this could be a case of excited delirium. He may have died anyway." Maybe...and we will never know. Why will we never know? Because uniformed police officers, sworn to hold themselves to a higher standard, did not render even basic aid and exacerbated the issue.

I think that, as police officers, we should absolutely stand up for our own when we are forced to make split second judgement calls or when the facts are in dispute. This is NOT one of those times...and I would do a grave disservice to those that put their trust in me and others in uniform if I didn't say it out loud.
Posted By: Jeff Schiller

Re: Minnesota cops - 05/27/20 11:27 PM

Lookit
I don't care what the guy did to get put in handcuffs.
I don't care what happened during any/the altercation whereas the guy was put in handcuffs.
I don't care what happened during the time they tried to move him from point A to point B whereas he might have tried to resist or flee.
I don't care that the guy said he couldn't breathe.
I don't care that the guy said his everything hurts.
I don't care that the bystanders told the cops that he was bleeding out his nose.

Here's what I care about:
The guy was in handcuffs.
The guy was on the ground.
At any point in which he may have attempted to get up to flee (in handcuffs) or fight the cops (in handcuffs), he would have been summarily put back on the ground by the cops.
There is no reason for the cop to keep his knee on the guy...or even touch him.

Get off of the handcuffed suspect and the guy is potentially still alive today and the cops still have their jobs.

Re: Minnesota cops - 05/27/20 11:36 PM

Cool

More AA men are murdered on a random week in Chicago than LE murders in a year.....GTFO with that nonsense

So, that makes it ok for cops to kill a handcuffed person?

Re: Minnesota cops - 05/28/20 12:01 AM

Originally Posted by MBradford

Cool

well if he hadn't given them a reason to put him down hard he would still be alive. no one ever wants there to be any accountability on the person in question.

to bad he wasn't a honest citizen who didn't resist. hmmm

and the obvious answer is no, they wouldn't have anyone to kill if their weren't so many willing to break the law and resist arrest.

Re: Minnesota cops - 05/28/20 12:23 AM

Cool

well if he hadn't given them a reason to put him down hard he would still be alive. no one ever wants there to be any accountability on the person in question.

and the obvious answer is no, they wouldn't have anyone to kill if their weren't so many willing to break the law and resist arrest.

What part of he did not resist do you not understand? hammer

Re: Minnesota cops - 05/28/20 12:47 AM

What part of he did not resist do you not understand? hammer

A police statement said officers were responding to a "forgery in progress." "Officers were advised that the suspect was sitting on top of a blue car and appeared to be under the influence," the statement said. "Two officers arrived and located the suspect, a male believed to be in his 40s, in his car. He was ordered to step from his car.

"After he got out, he physically resisted officers. Officers were able to get the suspect into handcuffs and noted he appeared to be suffering medical distress. Officers called for an ambulance," according to the statement.
Posted By: fish4bass

Re: Minnesota cops - 05/28/20 12:51 AM

He was cuffed early on. A big man.... and not fat big. "Sir.... I cannot breathe .... Please". He was murdered.

Re: Minnesota cops - 05/28/20 12:55 AM

"A police statement said..." rolleyes

Re: Minnesota cops - 05/28/20 12:58 AM

He pleaded for his life. Jesus
Posted By: Mudshark

Re: Minnesota cops - 05/28/20 01:00 AM

That man was murdered.

The looting that is happening now needs to be quashed.

Neither acts are how civilized society works.
Posted By: Bassman_78

Re: Minnesota cops - 05/28/20 01:06 AM

Here’s the thing...cops are going to do whatever it takes to restrain you, check you, jail you, etc. once they have a reason, right or wrong. If you resist, right or wrong, things are going to go sideways.It is unfortunate, but it is fact. The bright side, while it appears to happen often via media and social media, it doesn’t happen all that often out of the overall interactions between police and people.

People rioting and looting, destroying their own neighborhoods and innocent people’s property is beyond stupid. And cowardly. If they had balls they would always take it to the police stations, courthouses, etc. if that is who they have a problem with.

Re: Minnesota cops - 05/28/20 01:09 AM

Originally Posted by Bassman_78
Here’s the thing...cops are going to do whatever it takes to restrain you, check you, jail you, etc. once they have a reason, right or wrong. If you resist, right or wrong, things are going to go sideways.It is unfortunate, but it is fact. The bright side, while it appears to happen often via media and social media, it doesn’t happen all that often out of the overall interactions between police and people.

If you have video of him threatening to four officers after being cuffed...... I would have thought the the dude snuffing him out would be bloody from the head butt and broken face. Which would be about all he could do.
Posted By: Westside.

Re: Minnesota cops - 05/28/20 01:09 AM

Originally Posted by fish4bass
He was cuffed early on. A big man.... and not fat big. "Sir.... I cannot breathe .... Please". He was murdered.

What would "fat big" have anything to do with it?

Re: Minnesota cops - 05/28/20 01:10 AM

Thru personal experience I've found that compliance is a sound policy. Things just go better.

Re: Minnesota cops - 05/28/20 01:14 AM

Originally Posted by Westside.

You know full and well sir.

Re: Minnesota cops - 05/28/20 01:16 AM

No I don't, what do you mean by that statement?

Re: Minnesota cops - 05/28/20 01:16 AM

Thru personal experience I've found that compliance is a sound policy. Things just go better.

All I saw was a man cuffed... set down next to a wall.... and then killed. Wonder why the police have not released their video?

Re: Minnesota cops - 05/28/20 01:18 AM

All I saw was a man cuffed... set down next to a wall.... and then killed. Wonder why the police have not released their video?

All I can speak to is my personal experience.

Re: Minnesota cops - 05/28/20 01:20 AM

No I don't, what do you mean by that statement?

Big... not fat big.... large.... not fat large.. Get it sir? And one officer stood there and did nothing for eight minutes while the man was killed in broad daylight.
Posted By: fishslime

Re: Minnesota cops - 05/28/20 01:20 AM

They need to make the knee to the neck thing part of hands-on police training so these guys know what it's like. A little personal experience can go a long way and possibly keep one from a murder charge. On the surface, what happened looks absolutely disgusting and a big mark on the police profession there. A lot of good officers suffer because of the action of a few.
Posted By: WAWI

Re: Minnesota cops - 05/28/20 01:24 AM

Bad deal, I suspect some police are headed to jail.

Re: Minnesota cops - 05/28/20 01:27 AM

Cool

plain idiotic
Posted By: steveiam

He always seems to work in a fat shame remark somewhere, he has for years.

Regardless of what happened prior to the video, while handcuffed, he was complying. We was not resisting. I would like a really good reason why they kept him face down with a knee in his neck for over 8 minutes. I don’t care if he stabbed an officer before they took him down. If in that moment they killed him, I understand, but after being in the ground, complying? No excuse. Once he is cuffed and compliant, the force needs to stop.

The size of the man murdered matters not, I don't understand why you think that's relevant, f4b

Re: Minnesota cops - 05/28/20 01:28 AM

Also, a knee in the neck is totally fine, in order to gain compliance. It’s the continued use after compliance is established that I have a problem with.

Re: Minnesota cops - 05/28/20 01:29 AM

Originally Posted by fishslime
They need to make the knee to the neck thing part of hands-on police training so these guys know what it's like. A little personal experience can go a long way and possibly keep one from a murder charge. On the surface, what happened looks absolutely disgusting and a big mark on the police profession there. A lot of good officers suffer because of the action of a few.

They are all trained in choking out a person. He knew exactly what he was doing. My question is the officers arms. They look like toothpicks.

Re: Minnesota cops - 05/28/20 01:39 AM

The size of the man murdered matters not, I don't understand why you think that's relevant, f4b

It isn't to the murder. You are fish..... So you know.

Re: Minnesota cops - 05/28/20 01:47 AM

Cool

Nope...it's a criminal act that should have consequences....happens maybe 2 dozen times a year....it's inexcusable and I want them prosecuted every time.... millions of citizens contacts annually and the failure rate is an anomaly. That's a fact. It made me sick to look at it and I'd have slapped the [censored] out of the cop on his neck, partner or not
Posted By: junk baits

Re: Minnesota cops - 05/28/20 01:55 AM

This^^^^^^^.

By the way anyone put a knee in my neck that long they better hope i die.

Re: Minnesota cops - 05/28/20 01:56 AM

It isn't to the murder. You are fish..... So you know.

No, you're just being a [censored] as usual, carry on

Re: Minnesota cops - 05/28/20 01:58 AM

Cool

Nope...it's a criminal act that should have consequences....happens maybe 2 dozen times a year....it's inexcusable and I want them prosecuted every time.... millions of citizens contacts annually and the failure rate is an anomaly. That's a fact. It made me sick to look at it and I'd have slapped the [censored] out of the cop on his neck, partner or not

I agree.... have not run into a bad officer in my entire life in Texas. I have always been rural and Irish decent. Well State trooper BD Ridley .... better known as "Redneck Ridley" in the 70's Fannin county.... He stopped me once at night and wasn't nice.... I called him Sir... let me go without a ticket. He didn't like long hair. I thought I was done.
Posted By: ReelBusy

Re: Minnesota cops - 05/28/20 02:18 AM

Originally Posted by WAWI
Bad deal, I suspect some police are headed to jail.

Yep
Posted By: leethefishking

Re: Minnesota cops - 05/28/20 02:37 AM

Originally Posted by junk baits

This^^^^^^^.

By the way anyone put a knee in my neck that long they better hope i die.
Most officer involved shootings occur within 8 feet. If you would like officers to wait until fired upon from 8 feet before engaging a suspect you can have my badge right now.
Posted By: spankyttx

Re: Minnesota cops - 05/28/20 02:40 AM

here's another part of the story

google New Video Shows The Moment George Floyd Was Dragged Out Of His Car By The Police

Re: Minnesota cops - 05/28/20 02:58 AM

Link? Never mind Trump tweeted for the DOJ to expedite.... #the big house will not work out well for them.
Posted By: Pilothawk

Re: Minnesota cops - 05/28/20 03:12 AM

Maybe I don’t understand, but I do not see how Trump has any business in this.

This is a Minnesota matter.

There might be a civil rights issue here, but I would think this would be after Minnesota handles the issue. Murder...if that’s what they decide to charge is a state, not federal matter.

Re: Minnesota cops - 05/28/20 03:13 AM

If that guy has any martial arts training or they teach this stuff at their academy it could actual murder in my opinion. I mean, I know what happens when you cut off the flow of blood to the brain for too long and I have only had minimal amounts of grappling training.

Re: Minnesota cops - 05/28/20 03:15 AM

plain idiotic

ok people not breaking the law in the first place is idiotic got it LMAO

Re: Minnesota cops - 05/28/20 03:16 AM

Originally Posted by Pilothawk

There might be a civil rights issue here, but I would think this would be after Minnesota handles the issue. Murder...if that’s what they decide to charge is a state, not federal matter.

Hate Crime.... makes it federal.

Re: Minnesota cops - 05/28/20 03:20 AM

[Linked Image]
[Linked Image]

Re: Minnesota cops - 05/28/20 03:22 AM

Good cop put the cuffs on him before he was killed.

Re: Minnesota cops - 05/28/20 03:22 AM

it pains me to say but F4B IS CORRECT! Hate crime is the probable deal coming next which is federal. I have a dog [censored] taste in my mouth now. LOL

Re: Minnesota cops - 05/28/20 03:29 AM

it pains me to say but F4B IS CORRECT! Hate crime is the probable deal coming next which is federal. I have a dog [censored] taste in my mouth now. LOL

I didn't need you to tell me I am CORRECT! cheers

Re: Minnesota cops - 05/28/20 03:31 AM

OH, I know! LMAO roflmao

Re: Minnesota cops - 05/28/20 03:42 AM

OH, I know! LMAO roflmao

cheers roflmao

Re: Minnesota cops - 05/28/20 10:39 AM

Let the looting begin.
Posted By: John175☮

Re: Minnesota cops - 05/28/20 10:42 AM

Originally Posted by Pilothawk

Hate Crime.... makes it federal.

Denied him of his civil rights.

Re: Minnesota cops - 05/28/20 11:45 AM

Re: Minnesota cops - 05/28/20 12:31 PM

The Target Downtown looks like something out of a Terminator movie. Completely destroyed.

Re: Minnesota cops - 05/28/20 12:47 PM

Originally Posted by Duck_Hunter
The Target Downtown looks like something out of a Terminator movie. Completely destroyed.

Show the world how mad you are by destroying your neighborhood, that'll teach'em. Also, surprised how health conscious the looters are. Just about everyone was wearing a mask!
Posted By: Stump jumper

Re: Minnesota cops - 05/28/20 02:28 PM

Show the world how mad you are by destroying your neighborhood, that'll teach'em. Also, surprised how health conscious the looters are. Just about everyone was wearing a mask!

Yep, I had a friend that had a business in Gary, In. back in the 80s. He said in a matter of years they went from 3 grocery stores to none. The rioters destroyed that town. Not sure what is left of it now.

Re: Minnesota cops - 05/28/20 02:43 PM

In addition to that, it changes the narrative from “We want justice!” to “Rioters and looters are destroying their own city and businesses that had nothing to do with the situation.”

It’s totally counterproductive.

Re: Minnesota cops - 05/28/20 02:53 PM

In addition to that, it changes the narrative from “We want justice!” to “Rioters and looters are destroying their own city and businesses that had nothing to do with the situation.”

It’s totally counterproductive.

https://www.breitbart.com/entertain...testers-left-with-no-choice-but-to-loot/

Re: Minnesota cops - 05/28/20 02:53 PM

[Linked Image]

Re: Minnesota cops - 05/28/20 03:50 PM

[Linked Image]
Posted By: Chug-bug-bang1

Re: Minnesota cops - 05/28/20 04:16 PM

I was really asking what he did to get them after him to begin with. I thought I heard someone say it took ten minutes to get him under control. This video is bad. this video appears to show they just killed him with people asking them to let him up or put him in the car. I don't understand why they didn't? That's why I would like to know what they thought justified this treatment.

Just as in another case where a video is posted and only half is viewed to stir up a reaction, just as you would find in other similar vids seen on social media:

Cop Block
Police the Police 2 and 3
And other media outlets that Scrutinize LEOs abroad

Re: Minnesota cops - 05/28/20 04:31 PM

In summation-

When people, of any race, don’t follow the law, it wrong and sometimes disgusting-
When people, of any race, fight or try to resist cops during the cops investigation, it’s stupid and sometimes disgusting-
When cops, of any race, abuse their power, it’s wrong and sometimes disgusting-
When stupid azz people, of any race, riots like we see in this case and have seen in similar cases, it’s stupid , criminal and disgusting-

Don’t be stupid and disgusting-

Re: Minnesota cops - 05/28/20 05:11 PM

Saw someone protesting with 4 large flat screens on a shopping cart. One looked to be a 70 incher. I could just see his pain!

Re: Minnesota cops - 05/28/20 05:17 PM

Originally Posted by RayBob

Saw someone protesting with 4 large flat screens on a shopping cart. One looked to be a 70 incher. I could just see his pain!

I’ve got a problem with them killing the guy for sure.

If the cops showed up and killed all the looters I would back them 100%.
Posted By: Floon Swenson

Re: Minnesota cops - 05/28/20 05:40 PM

I was a little late to the video, as up to this point I had just heard about this. It turned my stomach to see that.

If a bad cop is simply a bad seed in the bunch, I wonder where the "good seeds" were there. They stood by and ran cover for their buddy so he could murder a man.
Posted By: Kattelyn

Re: Minnesota cops - 05/28/20 05:42 PM

In no way, shape, or form do I condone looting. But I have to wonder if it is a visceral response when a population becomes so disenfranchised that they feel the social contract has been broken by those in power.

Re: Minnesota cops - 05/28/20 05:42 PM

Originally Posted by bloo_rainger

I hate thieves more than anything In this world. But when did stealing become punishable by death. Did I miss when USA became the Middle East?

Re: Minnesota cops - 05/28/20 05:47 PM

Originally Posted by Kattelyn
In no way, shape, or form do I condone looting. But I have to wonder if it is a visceral response when a population becomes so disenfranchised that they feel the social contract has been broken by those in power.

I'm thinking the same. At some point people stop giving all f's and then all that's left is to just burn the mf'r to the ground. Like you, I don't condone it, but I understand it.

Re: Minnesota cops - 05/28/20 05:56 PM

Originally Posted by Floon Swenson

I'm thinking the same. At some point people stop giving all f's and then all that's left is to just burn the mf'r to the ground. Like you, I don't condone it, but I understand it.

I think you guys give the looters too much credit. Most of them likely don't give 2 carps about the dead man and are using the situation for their own self benefit. It's a block party where they get to burn and steal other peoples stuff. Some of the protestors see a chance for changes.....others see a free pass to commit crimes and get a new TV.

Re: Minnesota cops - 05/28/20 05:58 PM

I was a little late to the video, as up to this point I had just heard about this. It turned my stomach to see that.

If a bad cop is simply a bad seed in the bunch, I wonder where the "good seeds" were there. They stood by and ran cover for their buddy so he could murder a man.

Wait until you see the other part of the footage. The one from the building camera. It shows the victim getting handcuffed at his vehicle, led over to the sidewalk where he sits down. Then an officer helps him up, walks him down to the intersection, across the street to another patrol vehicle, then the guy falls when he missed stepping down off the curb. It's after that video that the knee to the throat video takes place. There was no resisting arrest on that video at all.
Posted By: Tiltman

Re: Minnesota cops - 05/28/20 05:59 PM

Originally Posted by Frenzy

I think you guys give the looters too much credit. Most of them likely don't give 2 carps about the dead man and are using the situation for their own self benefit. It's a block party where they get to burn and steal other peoples stuff. Some of the protestors see a chance for changes.....others see a free pass to commit crimes and get a new TV.

I lean towards agreeing with this assessment , I think they are in large part uncivilized opportunistic scum.

I would deal with them harshly.

But I would also lean towards feeding that cop to the mob for his actions and sheer stupidity.

Re: Minnesota cops - 05/28/20 06:04 PM

You all are giving them way too much of credit. You must have never been in a riot before. I have. It was March of 2002, in Bloomington Indiana. Maryland had just robbed IU of the NCAA championship in basketball. I stood on the side walk and watched as a mob burned a couch in the street and toppled a stop sign. The police had to fire tear gas into the crowd. I can tell you no one there felt a social contract had been broken. Nobody stood up and gave a intellectual brave heart speech about how they had been disenfranchised and that a couch must be burned. There was bunch of booze involved and a bunch of punk kids looking for a reason to be ridiculous. Same with these people. Bunch of punks.
Posted By: lconn4

Re: Minnesota cops - 05/28/20 06:08 PM

Cop's attorney will say he was overworked, mentally unfit for duty, ...... but it won't work.

Re: Minnesota cops - 05/28/20 06:08 PM

For sure, I agree. The free TV and booze crowd, though, in no way takes away from the swelling of anger this stuff causes and the overall disenfranchisement that Kat was speaking about.

Still, though - and this even applies to the TV gang - if you don't feel part of a system, then who cares? Get you a TV. Take some booze. Light 'er up on the way out the door. So let's say you're not a thief through and through, but you're up to your eyeballs in rage and realize the system was never meant for you and you have no other recourse, then leave the TV's right where they are and torch the whole joint. If you have no investment in a community, then none of it matters. It is hard to feel invested when the whole show feels like it never was meant for you in the first place.

Again, I'm not saying I condone it, but I really do think I understand it when I try to put myself in their shoes. Heck, even just watching that video made me want to get my hands on that cop and twist his pencil neck off. The rage that something like this is capable of stirring up is palpable.

Re: Minnesota cops - 05/28/20 06:09 PM

I'd go for steaks and booze personally. peep

Re: Minnesota cops - 05/28/20 06:11 PM

You all are giving them way too much of credit. You must have never been in a riot before. I have. It was March of 2002, in Bloomington Indiana. Maryland had just robbed IU of the NCAA championship in basketball. I stood on the side walk and watched as a mob burned a couch in the street and toppled a stop sign. The police had to fire tear gas into the crowd. I can tell you no one there felt a social contract had been broken. Nobody stood up and gave a intellectual brave heart speech about how they had been disenfranchised and that a couch must be burned. There was bunch of booze involved and a bunch of punk kids looking for a reason to be ridiculous. Same with these people. Bunch of punks.

Nope, never been in a riot. Riots are dangerous and I'm gonna get the f outa Dodge every time when I see stuff like this brewing.

Re: Minnesota cops - 05/28/20 06:15 PM

What did target do to anyone that any of you can “understand” why they do this?

Re: Minnesota cops - 05/28/20 06:18 PM

Originally Posted by steveiam

White patriarchy

Re: Minnesota cops - 05/28/20 06:20 PM

Nope, never been in a riot. Riots are dangerous and I'm gonna get the f outa Dodge every time when I see stuff like this brewing.

Amen. I'm small and squishy and don't want to get anywhere near that

Re: Minnesota cops - 05/28/20 06:26 PM

Originally Posted by steveiam

It was there, that's all. It is part of a larger system that walks on you daily. Who cares about the Target - bust in and make it yours and then leave that place a wreck. Then head down the street to Wal-Mart and repeat. F 'em all.

Again, though, all I can do is attempt to put myself in their shoes. I've never looted a single store in my life. I can see, though, that if you feel like a complete and total outsider to the societal system that we've created, then I'm not sure how much a Target and their TV's would matter to me. Pile on a mountain of anger and resentment on top of that, then all that's left is to stuff a rag in a bottle of gasoline and go to work.

Re: Minnesota cops - 05/28/20 06:30 PM

I was young, dumb, and invincible. Also, not an active participant in anyway. I was on the edge observing. Only time I've ever directly observed a mob mentality in real life. I went home as soon as the tear gas came out.
Posted By: RickS.

Re: Minnesota cops - 05/28/20 06:31 PM

I just listened to a long rant about this from a very close cop friend of mine. He had no problem calling it the way he sees it. His opinion. They killed that man for no reason, and should be prosecuted.

I cleaned it up for here.

Re: Minnesota cops - 05/28/20 06:32 PM

I was young, dumb, and invincible. Also, not an active participant in anyway. I was on the edge observing. Only time I've ever directly observed a mob mentality in real life. I went home as soon as the tear gas came out.

Come on J, tell the truth, how many cop cars did you flip over that night?

grin

Re: Minnesota cops - 05/28/20 06:36 PM

I didn't say it was a logical reaction. And the death is less about that one man in as much as it was "the straw that broke the camel's back"

In your instance, it was a reaction to powers that be, where a small population felt they had zero rights or say in the matter, so they "acted out" in the only way they could. It has more to do with rage and feelings of betrayal, and "f- all this"

Nobody is going to stand up and give a speech because it isn't that intellectual. Distance allows us the luxury of analyzing what is behind it. Why people do this.

Re: Minnesota cops - 05/28/20 06:53 PM

For sure, I agree. The free TV and booze crowd, though, in no way takes away from the swelling of anger this stuff causes and the overall disenfranchisement that Kat was speaking about.

Still, though - and this even applies to the TV gang - if you don't feel part of a system, then who cares? Get you a TV. Take some booze. Light 'er up on the way out the door. So let's say you're not a thief through and through, but you're up to your eyeballs in rage and realize the system was never meant for you and you have no other recourse, then leave the TV's right where they are and torch the whole joint. If you have no investment in a community, then none of it matters. It is hard to feel invested when the whole show feels like it never was meant for you in the first place.

Again, I'm not saying I condone it, but I really do think I understand it when I try to put myself in their shoes. Heck, even just watching that video made me want to get my hands on that cop and twist his pencil neck off. The rage that something like this is capable of stirring up is palpable.

Unfortunately, I do not agree with your premise. There's no "system" keeping this group or that group down. Point out a racist policy by the government and I'll help fight it. Point out a racist cop and I'll back getting him fired. Point to some imaginary boogeyman like "systemic racism" or "white privilege" or some such nonsense and you're on your own with your imagination.

Re: Minnesota cops - 05/28/20 06:58 PM

Unfortunately, I do not agree with your premise. There's no "system" keeping this group or that group down. Point out a racist policy by the government and I'll help fight it. Point out a racist cop and I'll back getting him fired. Point to some imaginary boogeyman like "systemic racism" or "white privilege" or some such nonsense and you're on your own with your imagination.

It's not really my premise. It's more just me making an attempt as an outsider to understand it, that's all.
Posted By: bigfishtx

Re: Minnesota cops - 05/28/20 07:09 PM

Frenzy, I'm with you on everything you said except the system keeping a group down. There is a system keeping a group down, put in place a long time ago, 1965 to be exact, and still supported today. My anger gets directed more and more to the people who continue to not only support that system, but increase it, "The Great Society".

This senseless killing is fuel for the people that feel they've been kept down, and they have, but not by who they think they have.

Re: Minnesota cops - 05/28/20 07:47 PM

I saw that too. Saw another person with bottles of booze in his pants and carrying about five handles of liquor in his arms, too.
Posted By: CBoone

Re: Minnesota cops - 05/28/20 07:53 PM

The only people keeping black people down are black people and liberal policies/indoctrination that THEY continue to vote for year after year. Blaming whitey for their own inability to fix the most basic principles of community is just their scapegoat.

All one has to do is look at crime statistics - the black community has a black on black violence problem - but NO ONE wants to talk about that. When 12.6% of the population commits 56% and 52% of all murders and robberies, respectively, there is a problem at the core of the community - and no other group is to blame. The white man ain't making black folk shoot EACH OTHER. Rather than face the deep societal issues within their own communities it's easier to play the victim and blame everyone else.

What happened to George Floyd is disgusting and I wouldn't mind seeing that "cop" publicly hung. However, burning a city down, stealing [censored], and overall acting like brainless morons just reiterates my point above.
Posted By: rj74955

Re: Minnesota cops - 05/28/20 08:02 PM

I'm a redneck, I would be the only one grabbing a pair of work boots and some sawzall blades.

Re: Minnesota cops - 05/28/20 08:42 PM

Originally Posted by rj74955

I'm a redneck, I would be the only one grabbing a pair of work boots and some sawzall blades.

Sawzall blades are steep! What's up with that?

Re: Minnesota cops - 05/28/20 08:45 PM

Can anyone fact check this?

[Linked Image]
Posted By: rj74955

Re: Minnesota cops - 05/28/20 08:49 PM

Originally Posted by John175☮

Sawzall blades are steep! What's up with that?

It's the man trying to keep us down, bro.

Re: Minnesota cops - 05/28/20 09:10 PM

Can anyone fact check this?

[Linked Image]

I just Googled the title of that page. It brought up quite a lot - and it appears those claims are pretty legit.

Makes you wonder what business that guy had with a badge. It looks like there was plenty of warning about the dude.

Re: Minnesota cops - 05/28/20 09:11 PM

There was even some other stuff that isn't mentioned on that page.

Re: Minnesota cops - 05/28/20 09:12 PM

I hate thieves more than anything In this world. But when did stealing become punishable by death. Did I miss when USA became the Middle East?

Break into my house or my business and find out...

Re: Minnesota cops - 05/28/20 09:14 PM

Not good

https://www.theblaze.com/news/new-video-officers-on-george-floyd-back
Posted By: DanDaBald

Re: Minnesota cops - 05/28/20 10:00 PM

[Linked Image]

Ground zero - my buddy's oldest daughter lives 2 blocks away from this area. The Gov has called out the Nat'l Guard. Blue State.

God Bless !

Re: Minnesota cops - 05/28/20 11:02 PM

North Mogadishu?

Re: Minnesota cops - 05/28/20 11:04 PM

North Mogadishu?

No, Minneapolis this morning. Sad.
Posted By: JIM SR.

Re: Minnesota cops - 05/29/20 12:16 AM

All of that destruction is an excuse to rob stores. The protesters have become as bad as police. Jungle instincts have taken over.

Disgusting...and nothing will be done to 90% of them, watching new 66" TVs and wearing new MJs....

realmad realmad realmad

Re: Minnesota cops - 05/29/20 12:37 AM

So it sounds like the Minnesota prosecutor is on the cops side

It's going to get nuts
Posted By: SGT BALLARD

Re: Minnesota cops - 05/29/20 01:46 AM

[Linked Image]
[Linked Image]

They are both bad cops! No good cop would just stand there looking as you kill someone. They both should be locked up.

Re: Minnesota cops - 05/29/20 02:10 AM

Watching some live feeds on the laptop while I've got the NASCAR race on. It is going off in quite a few places. So far I've seen LA, Denver, and Columbus, OH. That's all in addition to St. Paul/Minneapolis.

Re: Minnesota cops - 05/29/20 02:13 AM

My guess is that until these guys get charged this isn't going to cool down.

Re: Minnesota cops - 05/29/20 02:26 AM

everyone is outraged until the people that are being murdered dont give a damn what you think, then you turn on them for fighting back, we used to call them red coats.
and they will throw your bs tea into the harbor.

Re: Minnesota cops - 05/29/20 02:31 AM

Ordinarily I don't condone civil disobedience but I'm willing to give the homeboys a pass on this one.
Posted By: JCG57

Re: Minnesota cops - 05/29/20 02:48 AM

At the peak of the 1968 riots in Chicago, Mayor Daley issued his infamous shoot to kill order for arsonists and shoot to maim order for thieves. He was heavily criticized, but the riots quickly ended.

Re: Minnesota cops - 05/29/20 03:11 AM

Originally Posted by JCG57
At the peak of the 1968 riots in Chicago, Mayor Daley issued his infamous shoot to kill order for arsonists and shoot to maim order for thieves. He was heavily criticized, but the riots quickly ended.

agreed, we should murder more americans until they understand who is in charge.
Posted By: Flippin-Out

Re: Minnesota cops - 05/29/20 03:16 AM

agreed, we should murder more americans until they understand who is in charge.

You seem confused. Would you simply ask them to stop? Good luck with that. The law does allow for the use of deadly force to stop the commission of certain felonies, many of which are committed by "protesters."

Re: Minnesota cops - 05/29/20 03:57 AM

[Linked Image]

Re: Minnesota cops - 05/29/20 04:03 AM

[Linked Image]

protesting the english with throwing some tea into a bay and thugs destroying people's property and stealing, burning buildings

you will do anything to protect the left liberals. you would give our entire country away to these thugs
Posted By: Jman

Re: Minnesota cops - 05/29/20 04:05 AM

I was a youngster fresh out of college and moved near LA for my first job. Experienced my first earthquake then the Rodney King riots shortly thereafter. It was a scary time for a white boy from the Midwest.

It seems, every so often this goes off in a similar fashion.

I’ve never seen a man die for peacefully obeying a police officer. But I also can’t understand what makes a police officer think this is ok in this day and age. And if one is to hot where’s the common sense from the others to get him out of that situation.

Multiple failures here. But Rioting is not the answer. Unfortunately I doubt any of them are reading 18 pages of a TFF thread to heed my advice.
Posted By: McLovin’

Re: Minnesota cops - 05/29/20 04:51 AM

Originally Posted by Snakeyes711
Ordinarily I don't condone civil disobedience but I'm willing to give the homeboys a pass on this one.

Umm this isn’t civil disobedience cuz....this is Africa in the Minneapolis....like watching The Animal Planet.

You want respect as a group, race, whatever.....earn it.....(this ain’t the way home boys)

That officer should be charged with murder, from what I saw on that disgusting video but what’s more disturbing is turning on the news and seeing black people looting and burning buildings ....yep, that will help your cause....if anything you are creating more issues

Getting old...
Posted By: garymac

Re: Minnesota cops - 05/29/20 04:53 AM

Not good at all

Re: Minnesota cops - 05/29/20 04:57 AM

Originally Posted by Mudbone

Umm this isn’t civil disobedience cuz....this is Africa in the Minneapolis....like watching The Animal Planet.

You want respect as a group, race, whatever.....earn it.....(this ain’t the way home boys)

That officer should be charged with murder, from what I saw on that disgusting video but what’s more disturbing is turning on the news and seeing black people looting and burning buildings ....yep, that will help your cause....if anything you are creating more issues

Getting old...

Just an observation, but I have been watching this tonight for several hours now, and the vast majority of those who I have seen tearing the city down are white. Flip it on now and watch.

Re: Minnesota cops - 05/29/20 05:00 AM

If nothing else, there is no clear racial delineation of the rioters, at least where all the fires are being set. I see tons and tons of white folks.

Re: Minnesota cops - 05/29/20 05:05 AM

Louisville, KY is doing work tonight.

Re: Minnesota cops - 05/29/20 05:18 AM

YES! they are shooting protesters and guess what...crowds are disbursing...
Posted By: Bee'z

Re: Minnesota cops - 05/29/20 05:20 AM

If nothing else, there is no clear racial delineation of the rioters, at least where all the fires are being set. I see tons and tons of white folks.

You just proved yourself to be an ignorant [censored]. Congratulations or whatever

Re: Minnesota cops - 05/29/20 05:21 AM

Well, they can protest legally - but that's WAY different than the rioting, arson, looting, etc. that has been mislabeled as "protesting".
The same would be true at the border. Some might be amazed how few have to be shot to bring the problem to a halt..

Re: Minnesota cops - 05/29/20 05:28 AM

Well, do you think they are thinking about working? The "lifestyle vocabulary" does not allow such vile words!

Re: Minnesota cops - 05/29/20 05:29 AM

Originally Posted by 2 Bee'z

You just proved yourself to be an ignorant [censored]. Congratulations or whatever

Just telling you what I saw. No need to be a little bitc#.

Re: Minnesota cops - 05/29/20 05:32 AM

Originally Posted by Flippin-Out

Well, they can protest legally - but that's WAY different than the rioting, arson, looting, etc. that has been mislabeled as "protesting".
The same would be true at the border. Some might be amazed how few have to be shot to bring the problem to a halt..

They can also police "legally" and prosecute "justly" but they have proven incapable of doing that. Now seeing the same people who want guns so they can overthrow the government rooting for the jackboots really calls into question the true motives behind the sentiments.
Posted By: Scagnetti

Re: Minnesota cops - 05/29/20 05:35 AM

There is a conservative way to embrace pluralism and diversity. It’s to point out that there is a deep strain of pessimism in progressive multiculturalism: blacks and whites will never really understand each other; racism is endemic; the American project is fatally flawed; American structures are so oppressive, the only option is to burn them down.

Line up the Evangelicals, have at it and we’ll be been done with it
Posted By: Canino

Re: Minnesota cops - 05/29/20 05:54 AM

Originally Posted by Scagnetti
American structures are so oppressive, the only option is to burn them down.

I never knew AutoZone was oppressive. If you believe that, just go to O'Reilly.

Re: Minnesota cops - 05/29/20 06:07 AM

I missed the white looters. I hate that cause I've never seen that in any of the riots I've seen from Watts, to Chicago, South LA, Baltimore, and Minneapolis. From the 1960's to present.

Re: Minnesota cops - 05/29/20 06:23 AM

I missed the white looters. I hate that cause I've never seen that in any of the riots I've seen from Watts, to Chicago, South LA, Baltimore, and Minneapolis. From the 1960's to present.

Yeah, I didn't see many white looters to be honest - whatever that means. The group downtown burning everything - the police station and all that in that area - actually appeared pretty white.

Re: Minnesota cops - 05/29/20 06:24 AM

Maybe even overwhelmingly white.

Re: Minnesota cops - 05/29/20 06:29 AM

And to your point, before we really had it on for long, my wife and I were both saying it'd probably be uncomfortable to be a white person in that area tonight. As we got watching, though, we were like "well, there sure does seem like a lot of white people running around". Looked more like an antifa gathering than anything racially based. It actually was surprising to me considering the situation.

I chalked it up to anarchist types taking advantage of the situation and the opportunity to torch some buildings.

Re: Minnesota cops - 05/29/20 11:50 AM

Originally Posted by Canino

I've lost count of how many times they have sold me the wrong part. That's oppression.

Re: Minnesota cops - 05/29/20 11:51 AM

And to your point, before we really had it on for long, my wife and I were both saying it'd probably be uncomfortable to be a white person in that area tonight. As we got watching, though, we were like "well, there sure does seem like a lot of white people running around". Looked more like an antifa gathering than anything racially based. It actually was surprising to me considering the situation.

I chalked it up to anarchist types taking advantage of the situation and the opportunity to torch some buildings.

they need to start shooting these people. They shouldn't be allowed to just loot, steal, and commit arson.

Re: Minnesota cops - 05/29/20 11:58 AM

they need to start shooting these people. They shouldn't be allowed to just loot, steal, and commit arson.

They will lose, they know it.

Re: Minnesota cops - 05/29/20 12:00 PM

Trump tweeted when the looting starts the shooting starts roflmao

Re: Minnesota cops - 05/29/20 12:05 PM

Reminds me of the movie Fort Apache The Bronx.

Re: Minnesota cops - 05/29/20 12:09 PM

Apparently they worked security together. This is just crazy.

https://t.co/UPKIgRFxAc

Re: Minnesota cops - 05/29/20 12:35 PM

I've always maintained we need more restrictions on chainsaws. This is like out of a horror movie.

https://twitter.com/MrAndyNgo/status/1265849371863597058?s=20
Posted By: Zipster

Re: Minnesota cops - 05/29/20 02:08 PM

My mother lives in Minneapolis and the looters have threatened to come to the suburbs,. She is absolutely terrified.

Re: Minnesota cops - 05/29/20 02:23 PM

Saw comments about the Autozone on Twitter (unconfirmed) that it was a St Paul MN officer that was pretending to be a protester that started the AutoZone fire. Hope that was not true.
Posted By: Gitter Done

Re: Minnesota cops - 05/29/20 02:26 PM

Typical led Democrat local government trying to handle a MAJOR PROBLEM! Stand down orders to the police do not work. Watching your city burn is a total disgrace.
Posted By: bigfishtx

Re: Minnesota cops - 05/29/20 02:29 PM

Originally Posted by Zipster
My mother lives in Minneapolis and the looters have threatened to come to the suburbs,. She is absolutely terrified.

That's no bueno. Is there anything out there on the internet showing they're threatening to do that?

Re: Minnesota cops - 05/29/20 02:31 PM

Re: Minnesota cops - 05/29/20 02:32 PM

Originally Posted by Gitter Done
Typical led Democrat local government trying to handle a MAJOR PROBLEM! Stand down orders to the police do not work. Watching your city burn is a total disgrace.

Someone needs to tell the Dems that the rioters are not practicing proper social distancing. Then the authoritarians will crack down.

Re: Minnesota cops - 05/29/20 02:54 PM

Sending anybody in to attempt to stop that last night would have only made things worse I believe. It would have been entirely ineffective with the numbers of people out, and it would have only added fuel to the fire (if I can use a convenient metaphor). It would have turned into the battle of Minneapolis, and the police, and the city at large, would have lost. The lid would have *completely* come off.

What would work to tamp this down is to charge these cops. That is the immediate solution. Charging them today is the answer. Going into a Friday night without doing so will be a regrettable course of action.

Re: Minnesota cops - 05/29/20 03:01 PM

On a separate note, the neck kneeler is holed up in his house. Apparently protesters have the place surrounded, and for obvious reasons he can't leave. He made six different attempts to get food delivered yesterday. Each time, once the delivery drivers were confronted with knowledge of who they were delivering to (and the group in general maybe), they turned around and left.

It's like an old school blockade. Maybe they'll starve him out.

Re: Minnesota cops - 05/29/20 03:05 PM

Sending anybody in to attempt to stop that last night would have only made things worse I believe. It would have been entirely ineffective with the numbers of people out, and it would have only added fuel to the fire (if I can use a convenient metaphor). It would have turned into the battle of Minneapolis, and the police, and the city at large, would have lost. The lid would have *completely* come off.

What would work to tamp this down is to charge these cops. That is the immediate solution. Charging them today is the answer. Going into a Friday night without doing so will be a regrettable course of action.

I beg to differ. Allowing things like this to happen with out any consequences is setting a very bad example. Look at the results. Millions of dollars in property damage, Business totally loss along with jobs. Target has closed all of their 28 stores in the Minnesota area as a result of the unchallenged destruction of their property.

Re: Minnesota cops - 05/29/20 03:07 PM

I might add. The Autopsy report better back a homicide charge. Just my two cents.
Posted By: TexDawg

Re: Minnesota cops - 05/29/20 03:13 PM

On a separate note, the neck kneeler is holed up in his house. Apparently protesters have the place surrounded, and for obvious reasons he can't leave. He made six different attempts to get food delivered yesterday. Each time, once the delivery drivers were confronted with knowledge of who they were delivering to (and the group in general maybe), they turned around and left.

Starve him out to what end, a lynch mob? Dude needs to be charged and trialed for murder, should be in protective custody and get him away from his neighborhood and innocent people.

Re: Minnesota cops - 05/29/20 03:21 PM

I beg to differ. Allowing things like this to happen with out any consequences is setting a very bad example. Look at the results. Millions of dollars in property damage, Business totally loss along with jobs. Target has closed all of their 28 stores in the Minnesota area as a result of the unchallenged destruction of their property.

I hear ya', and maybe I'm completely wrong in my assessment. There sure were a ton of people out, though, and they were spread out throughout the city. It would have turned into a substantial loss of life - for both the police and the rioters. Those cops would have been wickedly outnumbered, and that crowd wasn't f'n around.

After a clash like that, I'd be waiting for that city to be completely leveled. Every lunatic with a mask and a chainsaw, every Dallas sniper, and every arsonist with a gas can would be headed that way looking for a fight.

Ultimately they'd still have to charge those cops to bring an end to it all, so why not skip out on the battle and just go straight to the criminal charges? I think that route leaves more infrastructure standing in the end and creates less tension for future conflict.

Like I said, though, I can totally accept that I might be wrong.

Re: Minnesota cops - 05/29/20 03:23 PM

Originally Posted by TexDawg

Starve him out to what end, a lynch mob? Dude needs to be charged and trialed for murder, should be in protective custody and get him away from his neighborhood and innocent people.

I have no idea, but it sounds like that's what's going on. And yeah, I agree with you.

Re: Minnesota cops - 05/29/20 03:30 PM

Originally Posted by TexDawg

Oh joy. I wasn't aware of this fact.

Re: Minnesota cops - 05/29/20 05:23 PM

The autopsy will come back heart attack and drug overdose....watch

Re: Minnesota cops - 05/29/20 05:40 PM

Well the "kneeling" cop has just been arrested..

Re: Minnesota cops - 05/29/20 05:44 PM

...and COVID-19.

Re: Minnesota cops - 05/29/20 05:50 PM

Originally Posted by Emit R Detsaw

Saw comments about the Autozone on Twitter (unconfirmed) that it was a St Paul MN officer that was pretending to be a protester that started the AutoZone fire. Hope that was not true.

Just saw a bunch of videos about this. The guy shows up and starts smashing into the Autozone with a hammer. The crowd is trying to stop him. When he leaves, the crowd follows him. He tries to hide his appearance from people with a black umbrella, and threatens the people following and filming him. Somebody in the video recognizes him, somehow, as a police officer.

Afterward, his ex (girlfriend, wife, not sure), confirmed his identity after the video made its rounds.

There is now video out of guys dressed just like him, black hoodie, black pants, hiding behind black umbrellas, building stacks of wooden barricades (which later got set ablaze) in the streets and moving on. I'm not sure what to make of it exactly, but there is some obvious speculation at this point that they, too, might have been police officers along with this guy.

Re: Minnesota cops - 05/29/20 05:53 PM

Well, will that be enough or will more TVs need to be stolen?

Re: Minnesota cops - 05/29/20 05:56 PM

Originally Posted by Chris B

You tell me.
Posted By: 44 Diesel

Re: Minnesota cops - 05/29/20 06:01 PM

now they will riot in celebration

Re: Minnesota cops - 05/29/20 06:06 PM

You tell me.

I don't know. I think at least two or three more Autozones need to be burned down to get back at that bad cop.

Re: Minnesota cops - 05/29/20 06:07 PM

You tell me.

I don't know. I think at least two or three more Autozones need to be burned down to get back at that bad cop.

What about the rest of the cops involved?

Re: Minnesota cops - 05/29/20 06:20 PM

You tell me.

Going to be some good deals on marketplace this weekend for the Minneapolis area.

Re: Minnesota cops - 05/29/20 06:55 PM

[quote=Snakeyes711]Well the "kneeling" cop has just been arrested..

What about the rest of the cops involved?

Your right. Make it four Autozones.

Re: Minnesota cops - 05/29/20 07:18 PM

You're as dumb as they come.
Posted By: HasBen

Re: Minnesota cops - 05/29/20 07:53 PM

“ Floyd's autopsy showed he did not die from strangulation alone but a combination of being restrained along with various underlying medical conditions including heart disease and hypertension.”

https://www.foxnews.com/us/minnesota-gov-tim-walz-on-george-floyd-violence
Posted By: donothin

Re: Minnesota cops - 05/29/20 08:02 PM

Looks like Kap had a point.

Re: Minnesota cops - 05/29/20 08:37 PM

That comment didn't age well did it cork soaker?

And secondly, I guess with your limited reading abilities you somehow took that as supportive for LE rather than suspicion at the process?? Otherwise it does not really make sense homie...

Re: Minnesota cops - 05/29/20 08:44 PM

"The autopsy revealed no physical findings that support a diagnosis of traumatic asphyxia or strangulation," read the summary of the findings from the the Hennepin County medical examiner.

This finding, of course, does not mean that the four police officers were not responsible for Floyd's death, as prolonged pressure on the critical arteries and veins in the neck could well have caused heart trauma. Indeed, the report notes that the officers' actions in restraining Floyd likely contributed to his death.

"Mr. Floyd had underlying health conditions including coronary artery disease and hypertensive heart disease. The combined effects of Mr. Floyd being restrained by the police, his underlying health conditions and any potential intoxicants in his system likely contributed to his death," it concluded.
Posted By: basscaster46

Re: Minnesota cops - 05/29/20 09:07 PM

So autopsy doesn’t jive with murder what now. It didn’t look like officers were trying to kill him in video.
But hey at least the thugs got some free stuff and got to burn buildings in the neighborhood.
J. D

Re: Minnesota cops - 05/29/20 09:18 PM

They charged him with 3rd degree murder and manslaughter....probably go something like the Dallas girls trial I'm guessing
Posted By: Canino

Re: Minnesota cops - 05/29/20 09:23 PM

These things usually take a much longer time for an indictment, and here's why...the ME can't really make a determination of a cause of death until all the information is available. Part of that information in this case will include drug testing. They do an initial drug test, which takes a couple of weeks to get back. That test is just to determine whether a more in-depth test is needed. If so, the second test takes a month to six weeks to get back (assuming it's not expedited for some reason).

Until that first test comes back (and maybe the second test depending on the results of the first), the ME can't make a final determination of homicide, at least in cases like this one. If the guy had been shot for example, that would be a different matter as drugs would not have been a factor in the death.

So they don't yet have a final ME determination of cause of death, but they've charged the officer. That makes for a very good argument by the defense for low bail and a quick release pending trial. Also I think the general public is expecting charges of first degree murder, and the headlines all say that's what the charge is when it's really negligent homicide or involuntary manslaughter (not sure about how MN phrases it). Even that's going to be a tough row to hoe for the prosecution and there's a good chance that would end up with a plea deal for no time or minimal time.

I think they made the arrest ASAP to appease the public, but in the end this isn't going to go how most people think it should. This will blow up all over again.

Re: Minnesota cops - 05/29/20 09:33 PM

All of that is spot on

Re: Minnesota cops - 05/29/20 09:45 PM

Getting old...

You have got to be kidding me! "Africa in Minneapolis"? Either you are completely color blind or just wanna see Black people rioting in the streets. There are White People out in the streets with the Black people as well.
And the people that are out in the street are not your "home boys"! You can't even relate to how these young Black people feel! When you grow up as a Black man, you feel the pain of seeing this [censored] all the time on TV, of black men,boys,women being killed while jogging down the street,sleeping in their bed in their own home, or playing in a park and you get no justice, How the He__ do you expect to feel or react. Your reference to like watching "The Animal Planet", Why? Are you saying that Black people are Animals? Curious!!! You are right about one thing> It is getting old - Blacks being killed by Police for what, for being black! I don't have any problems with police, but again thank GOD I have not been stopped by one in a while.
You don't see this type of stuff happening to White men by Police. And don't tell me that it does. If it did you would not put up with it. No one should be treated like this. We are all human being, created by GOD, Black,White,Hispanic,everyone. If you have any decency,a heart, you know this was not right. Which Knee bothers you more: Colin Kaepernick taking a knee at a football game to protest Police brutality or Police officer kneeling on the neck of a Black man until he dies? Can you imagine a Black Police officer kneeling on the neck of a White man until he died, a white man chased down and shot and killed while jogging by Black men in a truck, a white woman shot while sleeping in her own bed in her house by Black police officers whose kicked the door in while not announcing themselves a Police Officers. If this happened to you all the time because the color of your skin,how would you feel ? We do the right things, respect the police, do as told, it still doesn't matter.
We are Americans,served in the military, Love our country, we just want to live peacefully like everyone else. So,about respect= Respect is earned and Respect is given. The people that are rioting are Frustrated,Upset and Pissed off. I don't condone the burning, stealing, but no one want's to listen when a Black man tells you or in most cases shows you what is happening on video then,when will you take notice and listen? I don't hardly post in the Bunker,but I had to this time. We need to come together as a country and start treating everyone with dignity,respect and Love or we are going to be in one hell of a mess as a country.
Not trying to make anyone angry,just had to say what was on my mind. To everyone,GOD bless and have a Blessed Day !!

Re: Minnesota cops - 05/29/20 09:54 PM

Originally Posted by SGT BALLARD

Getting old...

You have got to be kidding me! "Africa in Minneapolis"? Either you are completely color blind or just wanna see Black people rioting in the streets. There are White People out in the streets with the Black people as well.
And the people that are out in the street are not your "home boys"! You can't even relate to how these young Black people feel! When you grow up as a Black man, you feel the pain of seeing this [censored] all the time on TV, of black men,boys,women being killed while jogging down the street,sleeping in their bed in their own home, or playing in a park and you get no justice, How the He__ do you expect to feel or react. Your reference to like watching "The Animal Planet", Why? Are you saying that Black people are Animals? Curious!!! You are right about one thing> It is getting old - Blacks being killed by Police for what, for being black! I don't have any problems with police, but again thank GOD I have not been stopped by one in a while.
You don't see this type of stuff happening to White men by Police. And don't tell me that it does. If it did you would not put up with it. No one should be treated like this. We are all human being, created by GOD, Black,White,Hispanic,everyone. If you have any decency,a heart, you know this was not right. Which Knee bothers you more: Colin Kaepernick taking a knee at a football game to protest Police brutality or Police officer kneeling on the neck of a Black man until he dies? Can you imagine a Black Police officer kneeling on the neck of a White man until he died, a white man chased down and shot and killed while jogging by Black men in a truck, a white woman shot while sleeping in her own bed in her house by Black police officers whose kicked the door in while not announcing themselves a Police Officers. If this happened to you all the time because the color of your skin,how would you feel ? We do the right things, respect the police, do as told, it still doesn't matter.
We are Americans,served in the military, Love our country, we just want to live peacefully like everyone else. So,about respect= Respect is earned and Respect is given. The people that are rioting are Frustrated,Upset and Pissed off. I don't condone the burning, stealing, but no one want's to listen when a Black man tells you or in most cases shows you what is happening on video then,when will you take notice and listen? I don't hardly post in the Bunker,but I had to this time. We need to come together as a country and start treating everyone with dignity,respect and Love or we are going to be in one hell of a mess as a country.
Not trying to make anyone angry,just had to say what was on my mind. To everyone,GOD bless and have a Blessed Day !!

More white people are killed by police every year than black people and have for a good while.

https://www.statista.com/statistics/585152/people-shot-to-death-by-us-police-by-race/

Doesn’t mean what happened wasn’t murder. It was. It was disgusting. But officers shoot and kill more white people every year, and white people dont loot and steal TVs. It doesn’t make the news cycle at all. Most of the time (not this time, this one is different) if you play stupid games, you win stupid prizes, regardless of your race.

To address the second part of your post, black men are also more likely to murder a white person than the other way around, according to statistical evidence. So that doesn’t hold water. This is also happening to white people, but I’m a bigot if I point that out.

Re: Minnesota cops - 05/29/20 10:04 PM

These things usually take a much longer time for an indictment, and here's why...the ME can't really make a determination of a cause of death until all the information is available. Part of that information in this case will include drug testing. They do an initial drug test, which takes a couple of weeks to get back. That test is just to determine whether a more in-depth test is needed. If so, the second test takes a month to six weeks to get back (assuming it's not expedited for some reason).

Until that first test comes back (and maybe the second test depending on the results of the first), the ME can't make a final determination of homicide, at least in cases like this one. If the guy had been shot for example, that would be a different matter as drugs would not have been a factor in the death.

So they don't yet have a final ME determination of cause of death, but they've charged the officer. That makes for a very good argument by the defense for low bail and a quick release pending trial. Also I think the general public is expecting charges of first degree murder, and the headlines all say that's what the charge is when it's really negligent homicide or involuntary manslaughter (not sure about how MN phrases it). Even that's going to be a tough row to hoe for the prosecution and there's a good chance that would end up with a plea deal for no time or minimal time.

I think they made the arrest ASAP to appease the public, but in the end this isn't going to go how most people think it should. This will blow up all over again.

If he didn’t die from strangulation then it will be hard to get a conviction

They are just trying to appease the people to stop them from burning more buildings
Amazing they never do this when white people are killed by police, oh that’s right their has never been a white person killed by police my mistake

It’s amazing everyone assumes he was putting pressure on his neck if he had most of his weight on his foot instead of his knee and was just holding him he did nothing wrong if he die of heart disease brought on by drugs

Re: Minnesota cops - 05/29/20 10:10 PM

They are just trying to appease the people to stop them from burning more buildings
Amazing they never do this when white people are killed by police, oh that’s right their has never been a white person killed by police my mistake

It’s amazing everyone assumes he was putting pressure on his neck if he had most of his weight on his foot instead of his knee and was just holding him he did nothing wrong if he die of heart disease brought on by drugs

The initial autopsy report said it’s very likely the actions of the officer lead to his death. Even if they didn’t, it’s negligent manslaughter. There were multiple people telling the officers he was dying, and they never even checked. “He did nothing wrong” is a bunch of [censored].

Re: Minnesota cops - 05/29/20 10:10 PM

I would like to see them all walk the streets with AK's and see what the cops do then? just like white folk do. it would be a straight up fire fight when the cops opened fire.

Re: Minnesota cops - 05/29/20 10:20 PM

I would like to see them all walk the streets with AK's and see what the cops do then? just like white folk do. it would be a straight up fire fight when the cops opened fire.

You mean like they did in Georgia 2 weeks ago when nobody died? Or like they did during multiple BLM protests and nobody died? People don’t get shot for possessing a gun. Even African Americans. They get shot for brandishing that gun aggressively towards officers.

And you know what? I would love to see a peaceful show of force like that. Just like the white people do. Show up organized, with sling rifles, and say your piece peacefully. That’s how the white people manage to not get shot.

Re: Minnesota cops - 05/29/20 10:44 PM

This is a pretty weird statement

So you think the cops open fire 1st? You are assuming that or know it?

The cops abandoned the police station that burned last night. I'm sure they are under a do not fire your weapon order from city government (mayor/chief)
Posted By: B-rader

Re: Minnesota cops - 05/29/20 10:46 PM

Ray Bob, I know you're in the medical field so I don't get your coradid artery statement makes sense . You have to block them both , there's no way in the World either side were blocked off long enough

Re: Minnesota cops - 05/29/20 10:47 PM

Interesting development. Possibly the cop and George Floyd had a work history together.

https://www.westernjournal.com/geor...=2020-05-29&utm_campaign=pushtraffic

Re: Minnesota cops - 05/29/20 10:47 PM

So you think the cops open fire 1st? You are assuming that or know it?

The cops abandoned the police station that burned last night. I'm sure they are under a do not fire your weapon order from city government (mayor/chief)

Im sayin Im not black but don't know if I would have the balls to do it. I wouldnt trust a bunch of scared cops not to shoot me and claim i drew.

Re: Minnesota cops - 05/29/20 10:50 PM

I have made one post on this as I wanted to get my thoughts together. I'm not well spoken and I'll ramble just a bit. I dont like what I saw in the video, I think human life is pretty precious and dont care for the loss of it without due process. I do support the death penalty. I think there was an opportunity here for reaching across racial and socioeconomic boundaries. I talk to plenty of people in my daily interactions and have yet to find one who thinks what they saw was remotely ok. There are alot of people who feel there is too much overreach by government lately and additionally are bothered by all the incidents over the last few years. People being shot in their homes by police, and this has happened to both white and black people in this area in some high profile cases. Going to the wrong address, the deal with the welfare check last year, the officer thinking she was in wrong apartment, the officer shooting into the car of kids, the girl in longview at the police station, I believe there was a white man that died in dallas not long ago in a similar manner. The young guy from granbury shot in the hotel in Arizona. I understand there are many interactions that dont end like this, the vast majority, 99 percent. That said I dont think getting it right 99.8 percent excuses the .02 percent that go this way. I am sorry that black people have to have conversations with their kids about what to do if pulled over. Its shameful. And government officials should deal with this stuff harshly. Deals like this do horrible damage to the public trust and race relations. Race is a real thing and it is an issue we need to be able to talk about. I think there is alot of frustration, I think most black people are law abiding, I think they should be sick of crime as they are probably overwhelmingly the victims of it. I believe in property rights, the right to defend oneself, etc. These riots black, white , whatever the makeup alienate the general public, it's no longer about the incident it's about burning businesses that have nothing to do with it, cleaning out liquor stores, etc etc. Individual rights and liberty matter, as a society it's up to us to determine what is acceptable behavior by LEO and how we punish them and white people need to be willing to have the conversation about this and not just when something happens like this. The term play stupid games win stupid prizes gets thrown around. In this case I think as a country we have ignored some real issues and this is a big stupid prize for playing that game. It's a sad sad deal.

Re: Minnesota cops - 05/29/20 10:50 PM

Originally Posted by Brad Hardt
Ray Bob, I know you're in the medical field so I don't get your coradid artery statement makes sense . You have to block them both , there's no way in the World either side were blocked off long enough

It is not the blockage, it's the stimulation of the vagus nerve which causes a

Wiki: The vagal response involves your central nervous system, your peripheral nervous system, and your cardiovascular system. 2 When the reflex is triggered it causes an abrupt dropping of your blood pressure and a sudden reduction in your heart rate.
Symptoms: Unconsciousness.

We sometimes do this in the ICU (neck massage with pressure) to slow a too fast heart rate.

Re: Minnesota cops - 05/29/20 10:53 PM

I might add that it is not an exact science and we always do carotid massage with emergency drugs on hand and an EKG monitor.

Re: Minnesota cops - 05/29/20 10:57 PM

I get it , I know when I intubate we give Atropine often to reduce this . I still don't see how stimulating the response that it was enough to kill him . Especially since it woukd have only been on one side . Just my thoughts though
Posted By: CCTX

Re: Minnesota cops - 05/29/20 11:03 PM

You only have to block them both if the other one isn’t stenotic.
There are baroreceptors at both carotids. Put enough pressure on just one of them can result in heart rate, blood pressure, and cardiac output changes. In someone with preexisting cardiac disease, enough to kill them. Combine that with someone who has had physical pressure on their chest and airway only amplifies the lethality

Re: Minnesota cops - 05/29/20 11:04 PM

Originally Posted by CCTX

There are baroreceptors at both carotids. Put enough pressure on just one of them can result in heart rate, blood pressure, and cardiac output changes. In someone with preexisting cardiac disease, enough to kill them. Combine that with someone who has had physical pressure on their chest and airway only amplifies the lethality

Thanks doc

Re: Minnesota cops - 05/29/20 11:05 PM

All of that is spot on

Agreed. Good post, Canino.

Re: Minnesota cops - 05/29/20 11:05 PM

Originally Posted by CCTX

You have a mouth prettier than a $2.00 w****.
Posted By: CCTX

Re: Minnesota cops - 05/29/20 11:08 PM

$5

Re: Minnesota cops - 05/29/20 11:13 PM

Because the coroner’s report didn’t conclude strangulation means nothing in terms of a conviction today. It literally changes nothing as things stand right now. The officers weren’t fired because they strangled someone.

Backing the blue doesn’t mean defend at all costs. We have at least one member here who is LEO looking at this from a rational position and relying on experience, and we have a few other members contorting themselves to make every excuse possible.

The latter is mind blowing.

Re: Minnesota cops - 05/29/20 11:20 PM

I have made one post on this as I wanted to get my thoughts together. I'm not well spoken and I'll ramble just a bit. I dont like what I saw in the video, I think human life is pretty precious and dont care for the loss of it without due process. I do support the death penalty. I think there was an opportunity here for reaching across racial and socioeconomic boundaries. I talk to plenty of people in my daily interactions and have yet to find one who thinks what they saw was remotely ok. There are alot of people who feel there is too much overreach by government lately and additionally are bothered by all the incidents over the last few years. People being shot in their homes by police, and this has happened to both white and black people in this area in some high profile cases. Going to the wrong address, the deal with the welfare check last year, the officer thinking she was in wrong apartment, the officer shooting into the car of kids, the girl in longview at the police station, I believe there was a white man that died in dallas not long ago in a similar manner. The young guy from granbury shot in the hotel in Arizona. I understand there are many interactions that dont end like this, the vast majority, 99 percent. That said I dont think getting it right 99.8 percent excuses the .02 percent that go this way. I am sorry that black people have to have conversations with their kids about what to do if pulled over. Its shameful. And government officials should deal with this stuff harshly. Deals like this do horrible damage to the public trust and race relations. Race is a real thing and it is an issue we need to be able to talk about. I think there is alot of frustration, I think most black people are law abiding, I think they should be sick of crime as they are probably overwhelmingly the victims of it. I believe in property rights, the right to defend oneself, etc. These riots black, white , whatever the makeup alienate the general public, it's no longer about the incident it's about burning businesses that have nothing to do with it, cleaning out liquor stores, etc etc. Individual rights and liberty matter, as a society it's up to us to determine what is acceptable behavior by LEO and how we punish them and white people need to be willing to have the conversation about this and not just when something happens like this. The term play stupid games win stupid prizes gets thrown around. In this case I think as a country we have ignored some real issues and this is a big stupid prize for playing that game. It's a sad sad deal.

Exactly.

And I’ll add that backing the blue is great. I back the blue. But defending them 100% of the time, no matter what, isn’t actually backing the blue when some of them clearly screw up in an indefensible manner. And that’s what I see in a lot of these high profile cases (not all, but a lot).

It’s akin to unions. Unions protect the least common denominator. That does a disservice to the rest. Backing LEOs who clearly make mistakes just because they’re LEOs does a disservice and causes issues for the 99.9% of LEOs who are great people, great reflections on the job, and risk their lives everyday for the betterment of the community and the profession.

Calling out BS is honorable. Defending it is not.

Re: Minnesota cops - 05/29/20 11:26 PM

https://www.google.com/url?sa=t&source=web&rct=j&url=https://www.dallasnews.com/news/investigations/2019/07/31/you-re-gonna-kill-me-dallas-police-body-cam-footage-reveals-the-final-minutes-of-tony-timpa-s-life/%3FoutputType%3Damp&ved=2ahUKEwiCuP2SnNrpAhVzB50JHQtaAHIQFjAAegQIAxAB&usg=AOvVaw399qJjoUoEyViCRinOniH2&ampcf=1

Re: Minnesota cops - 05/29/20 11:31 PM

I cant get link to post but the tony timpa deal is worth a read.

Re: Minnesota cops - 05/29/20 11:37 PM

https://www.google.com/url?sa=t&...399qJjoUoEyViCRinOniH2&ampcf=1

Posted By: Brandon Adamcik

Re: Minnesota cops - 05/29/20 11:57 PM

He’s white.

Re: Minnesota cops - 05/30/20 12:05 AM

That comment didn't age well did it cork soaker?

And secondly, I guess with your limited reading abilities you somehow took that as supportive for LE rather than suspicion at the process?? Otherwise it does not really make sense homie...

It aged perfectly well.

Someone kneeled on his neck cutting off the blood flow to his brain. Of course the heart was working overtime at that point.

Re: Minnesota cops - 05/30/20 12:22 AM

Originally Posted by Brandon Adamcik

He’s white.

Yes he is, exactly right.

Re: Minnesota cops - 05/30/20 01:21 AM

Originally Posted by Caribou
Originally Posted by SGT BALLARD

Getting old...

More white people are killed by police every year than black people and have for a good while.

https://www.statista.com/statistics/585152/people-shot-to-death-by-us-police-by-race/

Doesn’t mean what happened wasn’t murder. It was. It was disgusting. But officers shoot and kill more white people every year, and white people dont loot and steal TVs. It doesn’t make the news cycle at all. Most of the time (not this time, this one is different) if you play stupid games, you win stupid prizes, regardless of your race.

To address the second part of your post, black men are also more likely to murder a white person than the other way around, according to statistical evidence. So that doesn’t hold water. This is also happening to white people, but I’m a bigot if I point that out.

I don't condone violence of any sort, and I also don't condone the looting or burning of buildings by the people that participated!!! Some of the statements I have read on this forum have been quite disturbing. I watched the video of George Floyd being murdered and it disturbed me and I would have been in an uproar if it would have been a person of any race!!! The reference to "Africa in Minneapolis" and watching The Animal Planet to black people this sounds racist and that may not have been your intent. You recognized that the officer should be charged with murder, but you found it MORE disturbing to see black people looting and burning buildings. Again I agree that is not the way!! However buildings and merchandise can be replaced..Mr Floyd's life is over no replacing or rebuilding for him.So to say the rioting was more disturbing is hard for me because life is so sacred .There was another person that commented that police shoot and kill more white people every year and posted a web address to check the statistics and sir you might be right I don't know, because by capita black people make up such a small amount of the population in our country.. Mr Floyd was not shot by police but his life was quite literally choked out of him. I have major respect for policeman and for the sacrifices that they make everyday to keep us safe.. I respect everybody on this forum even if I do not agree with all I have read because as Americans we are entitled to our beliefs. It is my hope that we could all come together as a nation.

Re: Minnesota cops - 05/30/20 02:21 AM

Sir, you can preach that s—t to Al Sharpton...he was on MSNBC today bashing the people rioting for burning some black owned businesses and not focusing on the white owned businesses....LOL
I stand by my Animal Planet comment but I was not directing it at just the black folks....there were several white people and other races involved and yes, it’s how animals behave....if these people rioting want to live in a civilized world, act like it!

Re: Minnesota cops - 05/30/20 07:07 AM

"The autopsy revealed no physical findings that support a diagnosis of traumatic asphyxia or strangulation," read the summary of the findings from the the Hennepin County medical examiner.

This finding, of course, does not mean that the four police officers were not responsible for Floyd's death, as prolonged pressure on the critical arteries and veins in the neck could well have caused heart trauma. Indeed, the report notes that the officers' actions in restraining Floyd likely contributed to his death.

"Mr. Floyd had underlying health conditions including coronary artery disease and hypertensive heart disease. The combined effects of Mr. Floyd being restrained by the police, his underlying health conditions and any potential intoxicants in his system likely contributed to his death," it concluded.

"prolonged pressure on the critical arteries and veins in the neck" do not cause 'heart trauma'. A heart disease damaged heart has very characteristic appearance that is completely unlike "trauma" ....though there was no physical injury in the area of the heart mentioned, and none that I'm aware of from reports. (Go check the definition of trauma.) FYI: Blacks as a group have a tremendous problem with 3 major health issues: 1) Diabetes, 2) Hypertension, and 3) Heart disease. Ask any cardiologist if you want to verify. Lifestyle choices contribute to this, and I know that #3 is an observed outcome of a lifetime of drug and/or alcohol abuse.

Re: Minnesota cops - 05/30/20 11:53 AM

Getting old...

Colin Kaepernick tried peaceful protests as well as other African Americans by kneeling for the national anthem. That was peaceful protesting and everyone had issues with it. What’s your idea of protesting? Something that fits your ideals?
Posted By: Patriot Guard Rider

Re: Minnesota cops - 05/30/20 12:12 PM

Getting old...

Colin Kaepernick tried peaceful protests as well as other African Americans by kneeling for the national anthem. That was peaceful protesting and everyone had issues with it. What’s your idea of protesting? Something that fits your ideals?

I think most folks had issues with Kaepernick's protest because of the venue he chose. I'm one of those. I respect anyone's right to protest any form of injustice they want. But find a different way to protest treatment of blacks (if that's your purpose). Don't disrespect two symbols of this nation - a nation that has made it possible for you to make millions of bucks playing a game. Don't disrespect the flag and the National Anthem. Go kneel in front of city hall or the police department. Go kneel in front of the White House or the Congress. Etc., Etc.

Re: Minnesota cops - 05/30/20 12:21 PM

Originally Posted by Patriot Guard Rider

Getting old...

I think most folks had issues with Kaepernick's protest because of the venue he chose. I'm one of those. I respect anyone's right to protest any form of injustice they want. But find a different way to protest treatment of blacks (if that's your purpose). Don't disrespect two symbols of this nation - a nation that has made it possible for you to make millions of bucks playing a game. Don't disrespect the flag and the National Anthem. Go kneel in front of city hall or the police department. Go kneel in front of the White House or the Congress. Etc., Etc.

Im an Army veteran and no issues with his kneeling. Did I like it No, but that’s why America is great because you can use your platform to invoke change. It was his freedom of speech. Kneeling was his form distress. It did it’s job and was peaceful whether we like it or not.

Re: Minnesota cops - 05/30/20 12:45 PM

[Linked Image]

Re: Minnesota cops - 05/30/20 12:47 PM

Getting old...

clap

Re: Minnesota cops - 05/30/20 12:47 PM

[Linked Image]

In the case of Minneapolis it's a whole bushel.

Re: Minnesota cops - 05/30/20 12:51 PM

If a person protests in a peaceful manner that's their deal. Kaepernick's employer wanted nothing to do with it which is a big reason he is out of league. That's their business. I think protest should be uncomfortable for all parties but you cant do what is going on now.

Re: Minnesota cops - 05/30/20 01:00 PM

And be clear I'm a libertarian at heart I vote for small government which unfortunately really doesnt exist. You can't tell others what the Flag or National Anthem should mean to them. That's up to each individual to decide. To me it says freedom and self determination. I like to think that's why my grandfather fought in WW1 and my father in WW2. To others it says something different depending on their life experiences.

Re: Minnesota cops - 05/30/20 01:48 PM

Getting old...

Im an Army veteran and no issues with his kneeling. Did I like it No, but that’s why America is great because you can use your platform to invoke change. It was his freedom of speech. Kneeling was his form distress. It did it’s job and was peaceful whether we like it or not.

I have the right to call you MFer but doesn't mean it isn't disrespectful and have consequences if I am standing in front of you.
Posted By: Laker One

Re: Minnesota cops - 05/30/20 01:49 PM

Where is the justice for all of the business owners who's businesses were destroyed! noidea
Posted By: lconn4

Re: Minnesota cops - 05/30/20 01:51 PM

[Linked Image]

Trust me, its more than a few bad apples on all sides.

Re: Minnesota cops - 05/30/20 01:54 PM

Originally Posted by Laker One
Where is the justice for all of the business owners who's businesses were destroyed! noidea

They might better off, depending on their insurance. With the COVID 19 limiting business, they were losing money. With a burned down business they might be getting payment for lose of use as well as getting a new building built.

Re: Minnesota cops - 05/30/20 01:58 PM

They might better off, depending on their insurance. With the COVID 19 limiting business, they were losing money. With a burned down business they might be getting payment for lose of use as well as getting a new building built.

Good point!

Side Note: Saw on the news this morning that there is a bunch of business owners who did not have enough insurance and some with no insurance at all. Most had just liability.
Posted By: barndoor

Re: Minnesota cops - 05/30/20 02:01 PM

Interesting point June Bug! thumb

Re: Minnesota cops - 05/30/20 02:16 PM

Good point!

Side Note: Saw on the news this morning that there is a bunch of business owners who did not have enough insurance and some with no insurance at all. Most had just liability.

That would blow

Re: Minnesota cops - 05/30/20 02:31 PM

Wonder if the Mayor is going to give the property owners in his city a Tax break for not providing police and fire protection to it's citizens.
Posted By: the skipper

Re: Minnesota cops - 05/30/20 04:12 PM

Originally Posted by barndoor

Interesting point June Bug! thumb

I dont really get the point. He made a peaceful protest so we are all supposed to clap for him and agree? People can have opposing views and it can be fine. Maybe the majority see that these protesters, both good and bad, are letting a FEW bad cops influence a bad opinion and that's where the rub is. Much like regular people see the looters and put a bad view on all the protesters. This whole country seems to be of the thought that if you dont see my way then there is no in between and your wrong. What bull $#!+. Most of the time its without facts either.

Re: Minnesota cops - 05/30/20 04:39 PM

Sir, you can preach that s—t to Al Sharpton...he was on MSNBC today bashing the people rioting for burning some black owned businesses and not focusing on the white owned businesses....LOL
I stand by my Animal Planet comment but I was not directing it at just the black folks....there were several white people and other races involved and yes, it’s how animals behave....if these people rioting want to live in a civilized world, act like it!

Sir, i'm no preacher,not trying to preach. The Rev.Al Sharpton can say what he wants to, I don't have any say so into what he says. You have a right to say and believe what you want. Like I said, I don't condone any of the destruction that's going on around this country. But I will say again, these people are frustrated at the way they are treated by a country they Love just as much as you do. If it is "S__T to say that people need to understands each other and not just see the color of their skin,then we are F____d !!! You can't tell how a person is just by looking at a person or reading a few lines of a Fishing Forum! You say you were not directing your comments at just the black folks,but that their were "several white people" and other races involved! Narrow vision or what? But again I don't know you as a person and I will not judge you either. Again, what will it take for us all, Black,White,Brown, people to treat each other with respect and dignity. I see you live on Lake Palestine. Hope you are catching a lot of fish. Maybe we could wet a line or two? Have a Blessed Day. We are all in this together!!
Posted By: the skipper

Re: Minnesota cops - 05/30/20 05:55 PM

Say what you want but the only people that make this stuff racist, are the racists. Not one single person knows what was going thru that cops head, the two guys in GA head, none of them. The people that jump right to skin color are the true racist in this country

Re: Minnesota cops - 05/30/20 06:01 PM

Originally Posted by the skipper
Say what you want but the only people that make this stuff racist, are the racists. Not one single person knows what was going thru that cops head, the two guys in GA head, none of them. The people that jump right to skin color are the true racist in this country

Very true ^^^^^^
Posted By: Bob Davis

Re: Minnesota cops - 05/30/20 09:47 PM

Interesting results from the Autopsy:

Autopsy Shows George Floyd Did Not Die of Traumatic Asphyxiation or Strangulation
By Tom Ozimek
May 30, 2020 Updated: May 30, 2020
Print

Preliminary autopsy findings by the Hennepin County Medical Examiner show that George Floyd, who died Monday in police custody in Minneapolis after an officer kneeled on his neck for nearly nine minutes, did not die due to strangulation or traumatic oxygen deprivation.

While the full report from the Medical Examiner is pending, the initial results, as cited in charging documents (pdf) against the recently fired Minneapolis police officer Derek Chauvin, indicate that “the autopsy revealed no physical findings that support a diagnosis of traumatic asphyxia or strangulation.”

Floyd died during an incident prompted by someone calling 911, claiming he was behaving erratically and tried to pay for something with a counterfeit $20 bill.

Chauvin, who was filmed kneeling on Floyd’s neck, was arrested on Friday and charged with second-degree manslaughter and third-degree murder. The criminal complaint against him alleged he “caused the death of George Floyd by perpetrating an act eminently dangerous to others and evincing a depraved mind, without regard for human life.”

The autopsy report cited in the complaint suggests Floyd died from a combination of heart disease and “potential intoxicants in his system” that were aggravated by the restraint placed on him by officers, which involved Chauvin applying his knee to Floyd’s head and neck area for an extended period.

“The combined effects of Mr. Floyd being restrained by the police, his underlying health conditions and any potential intoxicants in his system likely contributed to his death,” the report said, noting that Chauvin had his knee on Floyd’s neck “for 8 minutes and 46 seconds in total,” including almost two minutes after Floyd was non-responsive.
Posted By: barndoor

Re: Minnesota cops - 05/30/20 11:24 PM

So it appears if you take out one factor, the knee to the neck for nearly 9 minutes, which was preventable and unnecessary, then he would still be alive today.

Re: Minnesota cops - 05/30/20 11:28 PM

So it appears if you take out one factor, the knee to the neck for nearly 9 minutes, which was preventable and unnecessary, then he would be still be alive today.

And maybe call an ambulance.

Re: Minnesota cops - 05/30/20 11:32 PM

Keep in mind it wasn't just a knee, that knee had a full grown human male in full police gear on top of it.
Posted By: Trickster

Re: Minnesota cops - 05/30/20 11:33 PM

So it appears if you take out one factor, the knee to the neck for nearly 9 minutes, which was preventable and unnecessary, then he would be still be alive today.

They should have cracked him in the head and hauled him off. Should have taken 2 minutes.
Posted By: TheBiscuit

Re: Minnesota cops - 05/30/20 11:37 PM

All I know is that now the daily number of protests may soon surpass the daily number of Covid-19 cases.

Re: Minnesota cops - 05/30/20 11:39 PM

Keep in mind it wasn't just a knee, that knee had a full grown human male in full police gear on top of it.

Plus two other people on his back. 4 should have been arrested.

Re: Minnesota cops - 05/30/20 11:45 PM

Originally Posted by TheBiscuit
All I know is that now the daily number of protests may soon surpass the daily number of Covid-19 cases.

What is Covid-19?
Posted By: mudd

Re: Minnesota cops - 05/31/20 12:36 AM

Considering what was released on the autopsy so far. Seems drugs and heart condition didn’t help none. They charges will be dropped to lesser charges if it sticks.
Posted By: Trebor Neil

Re: Minnesota cops - 05/31/20 12:52 AM

For a full 8 1/2 mins ? Think about that , that's a LONG time
Posted By: KingwoodCat

Re: Minnesota cops - 05/31/20 01:02 AM

Cut and ran. Abandoned their own precinct. Wow.

Re: Minnesota cops - 05/31/20 01:15 AM

Originally Posted by Trebor Neil

More than I could take.

Re: Minnesota cops - 05/31/20 03:47 AM

Originally Posted by Trebor Neil

According to one former LEO here, it was a split second decision with no time to form a plan and he must have resisted in a violent manner. Nine minutes, almost three of which where he was unresponsive with three officers on top of him, per videos, wasn’t an issue.

Re: Minnesota cops - 05/31/20 04:02 AM

Duck hunter, you will get stoned for this in here. But you're right.

Re: Minnesota cops - 05/31/20 12:55 PM

ter·ror·ist
/ˈterərəst/

noun:

a person who uses unlawful violence and intimidation, especially against civilians, in the pursuit of political aims.

adjective:

unlawfully using violence and intimidation, especially against civilians, in the pursuit of political aims.

It's time for these riots to put to rest, by force if needed. These people have gone from protestors to terrorists, they are violently attacking innocent civilians and businesses to achieve their political goals(some, others just want a new TV).

Re: Minnesota cops - 05/31/20 03:23 PM

The stupidity of the Minnesota voters is showing. Plane and simple. 2cents

Re: Minnesota cops - 05/31/20 03:44 PM

You got that right!

Re: Minnesota cops - 05/31/20 04:32 PM

[Linked Image]

Re: Minnesota cops - 05/31/20 06:26 PM

[Linked Image]

GOAT
Posted By: Davedave

Re: Minnesota cops - 05/31/20 07:56 PM

I’m not taking issue with the content of your message. I am taking issue with the spelling of plain. You cannot call people stupid, and then have a typo. You can’t. I see it all the time on here. Let’s clean this stuff up.

Edit it please, for our sake.

Re: Minnesota cops - 05/31/20 07:59 PM

Originally Posted by Davedave

I’m not taking issue with the content of your message. I am taking issue with the spelling of plain. You cannot call people stupid, and then have a typo. You can’t. I see it all the time on here. Let’s clean this stuff up.

Git a lyfe

Re: Minnesota cops - 05/31/20 08:01 PM

flehan

Re: Minnesota cops - 05/31/20 08:13 PM

roflmao
Posted By: Bentman63

Re: Minnesota cops - 05/31/20 08:17 PM

People cannot spell anymore. I see it a lot. When I read tickets at work I see so many words that are incorrect.
And when I get a call from some Hispanic women they use the word "Saze". It is only Hispanic females. The males don't say it. It makes no sense.

Re: Minnesota cops - 05/31/20 08:25 PM

Originally Posted by KingwoodCat

Cut and ran. Abandoned their own precinct. Wow.

they were probably afraid they would get arrested for arresting criminals.....believe I read someplace that some residents of Baltimore are complaining now that police are unwilling to arrest criminals or protect residents in certain areas of the city.....after this latest incident,would you choose to be a policeman in Minneapolis?...or any metro area?

Re: Minnesota cops - 05/31/20 09:09 PM

[Linked Image]

https://www.foxnews.com/politics/george-floyd-unrest-big-city-mayors-coronavirus-lockdowns
Posted By: Mark Perry

Re: Minnesota cops - 05/31/20 10:15 PM

He speaks the truth.

Re: Minnesota cops - 05/31/20 10:15 PM

Yep
Posted By: Pintail711

Re: Minnesota cops - 05/31/20 10:44 PM

If the police can’t even defend their own precinct, overthrowing the government might not be that hard.

Re: Minnesota cops - 05/31/20 10:52 PM

Originally Posted by Pintail711
If the police can’t even defend their own precinct, overthrowing the government might not be that hard.

Don't give them any ideas . . . . . . just sayin'

God Bless . . . . . .

Re: Minnesota cops - 06/01/20 12:21 AM

Originally Posted by Pintail711

III%
Posted By: stroker46

Re: Minnesota cops - 06/01/20 02:36 AM

Damn right, they went trump in 2016!

Re: Minnesota cops - 06/01/20 02:56 AM

Originally Posted by stroker46

You are either profoundly uninformed or geographically inept. Perhaps both.

Re: Minnesota cops - 06/01/20 02:59 AM

Hillary won by 1.5% in 2016. Good job.

Re: Minnesota cops - 06/01/20 03:01 AM

You are either profoundly uninformed or geographically inept. Perhaps both.

roflmao

Re: Minnesota cops - 06/01/20 03:07 AM

roflmao

Re: Minnesota cops - 06/01/20 11:00 AM

Ok, never mind...

Re: Minnesota cops - 06/01/20 10:22 PM

Fentanyl intoxication and methamphetamine use......what say you now?

Re: Minnesota cops - 06/01/20 10:34 PM

So he would have been dead anyway? The knee to the neck had nothing to do with it?
Posted By: Smurfs

Re: Minnesota cops - 06/01/20 10:35 PM

So he would have been dead anyway? The knee to the neck had nothing to do with it?

He didnt say that bang

Re: Minnesota cops - 06/01/20 10:37 PM

tricked up report to protect the scum
the charge is murder

Re: Minnesota cops - 06/01/20 11:04 PM

has anybody seen any mention of his criminal and prison record...google search indicates he had served a sentence for aggravated robbery..is it likely after release from prison ,he was on some sort of probation?.....does it sound possible he may have struggling with police officers to keep from being sent back in prison....
while we are firing police officers,maybe we should fire some reporters for either being inept or doing a cover-up of the man's previous record....

Re: Minnesota cops - 06/01/20 11:10 PM

The Antifa-living Minnesota AG will overcharge, the jury will acquit on Murder 1, and we will be treated to more riots.

Re: Minnesota cops - 06/01/20 11:12 PM

the charge is murder

That's foil hat bull [censored] dummy
Posted By: SteezMacQueen

Re: Minnesota cops - 06/01/20 11:12 PM

has anybody seen any mention of his criminal and prison record...google search indicates he had served a sentence for aggravated robbery..is it likely after release from prison ,he was on some sort of probation?.....does it sound possible he may have struggling with police officers to keep from being sent back in prison....
while we are firing police officers,maybe we should fire some reporters for either being inept or doing a cover-up of the man's previous record....

There is always more to EVERY story, aside from what is publicized. Many things had to happen for that man to die. Many of which he had control over. I do not condone the actions of the officers, but I couldn’t say if I would have done any different if I was the officer involved. I can’t say, because I do not know all the facts about what took place. The officer may have been acting as if he thought It was necessary to totally immobilize the perpetrator. He may have just been a true heartless murderer looking for an outlet. Again, we do not know the facts. We know that his knee was on the guys neck. We know why it was there. We do not know why it was there for as long as it was. Maybe the officer was right...maybe he was wrong.

I know smashing windows in Dallas ain’t fixing things.

Re: Minnesota cops - 06/01/20 11:41 PM

Originally Posted by SteezMacQueen

There is always more to EVERY story, aside from what is publicized. Many things had to happen for that man to die. Many of which he had control over. I do not condone the actions of the officers, but I couldn’t say if I would have done any different if I was the officer involved. I can’t say, because I do not know all the facts about what took place. The officer may have been acting as if he thought It was necessary to totally immobilize the perpetrator. He may have just been a true heartless murderer looking for an outlet. Again, we do not know the facts. We know that his knee was on the guys neck. We know why it was there. We do not know why it was there for as long as it was. Maybe the officer was right...maybe he was wrong.

We know why his knee was on his neck! Really? To kill the guy is all I can come up with. Please explain why his knee was grinding on the guys neck.

Re: Minnesota cops - 06/01/20 11:56 PM

the charge is murder

That's foil hat bull [censored] dummy

whats the charge Einstien ?

Re: Minnesota cops - 06/01/20 11:58 PM

Told y'all the other day that's what it was going to show....that [censored] hole kneeling him was a contributing factor....it lessons his culpability.....he's still an [censored] hole....dirty piece of [censored]!! But the narrative is no more true than it normally is
Posted By: Smurfs

Re: Minnesota cops - 06/02/20 12:09 AM

popcorn

Re: Minnesota cops - 06/02/20 12:10 AM

Originally Posted by Smurfs
popcorn

popcorn2

Re: Minnesota cops - 06/02/20 12:17 AM

Originally Posted by SteezMacQueen

He had his knee on the neck of an unconscious man who wasn’t breathing for 3 minutes while people were screaming at him the man was unconscious and not breathing. Didn’t let up and didn’t check on him. No decent human does that. The full video is easy to find and watch for yourself. These are not debatable facts.

Let us also not forget the man was handcuffed, prone, and had two other officers laying on him. Let a jury decide but any way you spin this the officer did wrong. Still doesn’t justify rioting.

Re: Minnesota cops - 06/02/20 01:20 AM

I'm a little grumpy....I apologize

Re: Minnesota cops - 06/02/20 01:30 AM

what happened ?
nothing seems to have
Posted By: Davedave

Re: Minnesota cops - 06/02/20 03:37 AM

I have watched a lot of this stuff on TV. It’s interesting. It’s sad. It’s disgusting. But, I have enjoyed some of it.

The most enjoyable part was,I think, on Saturday. Some hippie was bent over starting some small fire. He jumped up, and was all proud of himself, and his tiny little fire. Right then, he got shot in the nuts with a tear gas canister. I wish I would have recorded it. That hippie wasn’t so happy after that. That made me happy.

Re: Minnesota cops - 06/02/20 03:39 AM

I have watched a lot of this stuff on TV. It’s interesting. It’s sad. It’s disgusting. But, I have enjoyed some of it.

The most enjoyable part was I think on Saturday. Some hippie was bent over starting some small fire. He jumped up, and was all proud of himself, and his tiny little fire. Right then, he got shot in the nuts with a tear gas canister. I wish I would have recorded it. That hippie wasn’t so happy after that. That made me happy.

roflmao I didn’t want to but that’s funny right there!
Posted By: senko9S

Re: Minnesota cops - 06/02/20 03:49 AM

The most enjoyable part was,I think, on Saturday. Some hippie was bent over starting some small fire. He jumped up, and was all proud of himself, and his tiny little fire. Right then, he got shot in the nuts with a tear gas canister. I wish I would have recorded it. That hippie wasn’t so happy after that. That made me happy.

i would be happy to watch that.
Posted By: H.Town_paddler

Re: Minnesota cops - 06/02/20 04:17 AM

Originally Posted by senko9S

I can’t find the one from this weekend, but here’s one from a few years ago. It’s funny bc it has WWE commentary laid over it. Enjoy.
Posted By: Kicker16

Re: Minnesota cops - 06/02/20 04:19 AM

I can’t find the one from this weekend, but here’s one from a few years ago. It’s funny bc it has WWE commentary laid over it. Enjoy.

Now that's some funny chit right there roflmao
Posted By: kennerdude

Re: Minnesota cops - 06/02/20 04:19 AM

That’s pretty funny
Posted By: senko9S

Re: Minnesota cops - 06/02/20 04:27 AM

Originally Posted by Kicker16

Now that's some funny chit right there roflmao
© 2024 Texas Fishing Forum