Texas Fishing Forum

Healthcare ?

Posted By: butch sanders

Healthcare ? - 05/26/20 10:53 PM

How do you go about getting health insurance?
I need catastrophic loss coverage.
I lost the entire day shopping for this.
Open enrollment is closed & I don't qualify for anything else.
Posted By: LoneStarSon

Re: Healthcare ? - 05/27/20 12:22 AM

Go to esurance.com click on products and then health insurance. Sign up from there.
Posted By: Coach Hark

Re: Healthcare ? - 05/27/20 12:23 AM

Yeah you can get decent health insurance for about $250-300 a month. Not sure about catastrophic loss, that’ll probably cost you depending on salary and age.

Re: Healthcare ? - 05/27/20 12:32 AM

i am mainly worried about going to the emergency room
not so much Dr. visits

Thank You Men
Posted By: LoneStarSon

Re: Healthcare ? - 05/27/20 12:33 AM

The esurance site will show you what's available and right now that's gonna be catastrophic coverage.
Posted By: Frenzy

Re: Healthcare ? - 05/27/20 12:52 AM

Originally Posted by butch sanders
not so much Dr. visits

Thank You Men

You might try this. It's a hospital indemnity plan that pays a fixed amount for services. Anywhere from 1000-5000 a day for hospitalization, upto 500 a day for ER visits, ambulance, etc. I combined it with an accident policy that adds more in case of an accident like broken bone. Both cost me under $150 a month.

https://www.uhone.com/shop/#/plans/hospitalindemnity

Posted By: RedRanger

Re: Healthcare ? - 05/27/20 04:41 AM

Those plans seem to have gone away since Obamacare was voted in years ago.

Good luck if you do find a decent one, send me a PM as well I used to carry that on myself
Posted By: Allen Bass Fisher

Re: Healthcare ? - 05/27/20 06:18 AM

Contact TG-Fishing here on the board. He a independent broker so he knows and sells for quite a few companies. He knows his stuff!

Re: Healthcare ? - 05/27/20 01:31 PM

thanks
i will be in touch
Posted By: TG-Fishing

Re: Healthcare ? - 05/27/20 02:11 PM

Butch, I shot you a PM.

Re: Healthcare ? - 05/27/20 02:20 PM

Originally Posted by Frenzy
not so much Dr. visits

Thank You Men

You might try this. It's a hospital indemnity plan that pays a fixed amount for services. Anywhere from 1000-5000 a day for hospitalization, upto 500 a day for ER visits, ambulance, etc. I combined it with an accident policy that adds more in case of an accident like broken bone. Both cost me under $150 a month.

https://www.uhone.com/shop/#/plans/hospitalindemnity

All, PLEASE be VERY cautious with these plans. These are limited benefit plans and they truly leave a LOT of risk for major services and leave a lot of high end risk. They work pretty well on the small stuff, but lack a "stop loss" on them, which is typically what we all look for from ANY insurance we carry. "Stop Loss" is the number set on an insurance policy that YOU are responsible for, then the insurance picks up 100% of covered benefits after that. So if you have a stop loss of $10,000 on your insurance policy, and you run up a bill of $500,000 of covered benefits on that plan, you're responsibility is $10,000. On an indemnity/limited benefit plan, you have NO stop loss and that $500,000 bill will likely end up costing you hundreds of thousands of dollars and covering very little.

If you have ANY questions regarding health insurance, policy options, or even questions about a policy that you are currently on, PLEASE reach out to me and we can talk about fishing AND health insurance. I am always available and I am a broker, so I offer every type of plan imaginable for individuals, families and small businesses and it costs ZERO to talk.

https://www.facebook.com/TimTheHealthInsuranceGuy/

Contact me ANY time via phone/text/PM here/facebook/email--

Tim Greifer
(630) 215-4255
Tgreifer@myhst.com

Re: Healthcare ? - 05/27/20 02:26 PM

thanks

Re: Healthcare ? - 05/27/20 03:06 PM

what a great experience i just had
Thank You TG
&
THE TFF

Re: Healthcare ? - 05/27/20 03:55 PM

what a great experience i just had
Thank You TG
&
THE TFF

You bet! A pleasure speaking with you Butch! Ill give you a shout back this afternoon with all of the options and well get things all set for you. Thanks again for reaching out.
© 2024 Texas Fishing Forum