Texas Fishing Forum

Tx City Dike Info....

Posted By: V-Bottom

Tx City Dike Info.... - 05/23/20 03:48 AM

I was informed today that the City will be charging $20 to get on the Dike instead of the usual $5.00 fee. Capt. Joe Kent, the columnist that writes the Reel Report for the Galv. Daily News was just as shocked as I was. Why did they do this? I'll research this and just maybe I'll find the answer.

Well, looks like the city is charging this outrageous fee because they "Want to keep the crowds down bc of this damn pandemic and the spreading of the virus. Regular weekend fees have been raised to $10. HS !! This is one time I hope no one visits the Dike this weekend. This is going to make a few people very upset I'm sure....Hell to be poor.
Posted By: Tneel

Re: Tx City Dike Info.... - 05/23/20 04:22 AM

Profiteering at its finest from Covid 19.
Posted By: BlueNitro

Re: Tx City Dike Info.... - 05/23/20 07:24 AM

I would pay $20 to get on a dike but I would rather pay $40 to watch two go at it!
Posted By: Caymas Cx 21

Re: Tx City Dike Info.... - 05/23/20 09:53 AM

Never let a crisis go to waste.
Posted By: Diablosandwich

Re: Tx City Dike Info.... - 05/23/20 10:13 AM

Don’t overlook the fact that the Dike has been closed on the weekends. It could be an attempt to make up for lost revenue, too.
Posted By: big papa

Re: Tx City Dike Info.... - 05/23/20 10:46 AM

Wouldn't this be considered price gouging
Posted By: T Bird

Re: Tx City Dike Info.... - 05/23/20 12:38 PM

Sounds like the political persuasion of your local elected officials may be Blue. If so, you know what to do.
Posted By: Dubee

Re: Tx City Dike Info.... - 05/23/20 01:09 PM

Originally Posted by big papa
Wouldn't this be considered price gouging

Not even close
Posted By: fishslime

Re: Tx City Dike Info.... - 05/23/20 02:43 PM

Originally Posted by BlueNitro
I would pay $20 to get on a dike but I would rather pay $40 to watch two go at it!

Good one!
Posted By: V-Bottom

Re: Tx City Dike Info.... - 05/23/20 04:50 PM

Originally Posted by Diablosandwich
Don’t overlook the fact that the Dike has been closed on the weekends. It could be an attempt to make up for lost revenue, too.

Ever since the City has been charging $5 for "Out of Town People ONLY" to visit the Dike on weekends, March 1st thru the end of October, that money was for upkeep on the Dike.That means trash pick up, road keep up, the rebuild and up keep of the little piers and all boat ramps, cleaning the beaches, and most of all the cleanup of trash people leave on the grounds and beach areas.. Back then the cost for all these things were estimated by the City at $250K a year. Most likely a lot more over the last few years. Recoup of lost revenue may played a part in this increase. Last but not least...forget about the normal $5 fee....It's now a $10 fee for "Out of Town'ers"......BOHICA
© 2024 Texas Fishing Forum