Texas Fishing Forum

Horseback Riding

Posted By: donothin

Horseback Riding - 04/26/20 01:08 AM

Woke up this morning and decided I just had to get out of the house and do something different. Dumb azz me, decided to go horseback riding when it has probably been 40 years since I have gone. Went out and got on the horse and was moving pretty slow and everything seemed ok and it felt good. After a bit he began to speed up and nothing I could do to slow him down. I was hanging on but he was in a full speed lope and I started to lose it. Lost my balance, fell out of the saddle and my foot was hung in the stirrup. I was hollering to high heaven and thank goodness the manager of the dollar store came out and unplugged the horse. He help me up and other than being a little shaken, I was ok.
Posted By: Monty Wright

Re: Horseback Riding - 04/26/20 01:11 AM

roflmao roflmao
Posted By: silvers

Re: Horseback Riding - 04/26/20 01:16 AM

A-
Posted By: Dave-0

Re: Horseback Riding - 04/26/20 02:19 AM

Oldie, but your delivery was spot on!

Side note, I've been shooting photos at rodeos since 2003 or so. When a riders foot gets hung in stirrup, that's some seriously messed up stuff. I've seen some bad wrecks in my days. Mostly "kids." Wonder what some of them look....and walk like today.

[Linked Image]

[Linked Image]
Posted By: Kattelyn

Re: Horseback Riding - 04/26/20 02:37 AM

sarcastic
Posted By: skeeter175

Re: Horseback Riding - 04/26/20 12:44 PM

First pic is a bareback rig no stirrups,second pic is a saddle bronc but he seems to have lost his stirrups,those are some awesome shots,most people like to see the little guys get bucked off of bulls and don’t realize how hard the bronc riders crash.
BTW the first guy appears to still be holding on to his rigging even as the horse falls on him,that whould have probably been a high scoring ride if the horse stayed on its feet.
© 2024 Texas Fishing Forum