Texas Fishing Forum

Used boat prices

Posted By: mikryl

Used boat prices - 04/20/20 04:35 PM

What's this situation that we're in going to do with used boat prices in the coming months?
Posted By: RATZ

Re: Used boat prices - 04/20/20 04:36 PM

I'd guess lower them
Posted By: Mark Perry

Re: Used boat prices - 04/20/20 04:38 PM

They will not be lower....just will not have as many buyers. If anything we better prepare for inflation.
Posted By: John175☮

Re: Used boat prices - 04/20/20 04:40 PM

Boat Mfg plants are shut down. Zero production for new boats. Keep your powder dry and look for cheap used boats flooding the markets from those losing jobs. They will want pay-off for the note but you might be able to work a deal. Because of no new boats I think used boats will hold value except for layoff "fire" sales where they are not underwater on the loan.

Re: Used boat prices - 04/20/20 04:40 PM

I've been wanting to buy used but now i don/t know. Might want to hold on to what funds i have.

Re: Used boat prices - 04/20/20 04:44 PM

I had been looking for a Bass Cat maybe 2012 to 2017, been looking on BBC.impact fishing and BC website. Are there any others?
Posted By: COFF

Re: Used boat prices - 04/20/20 04:46 PM

Probably a great time to make a cash offer of jonboats, or bassbuster type boats. Even kayaks and the like. Basically anything that wouldn't necessarily be financed.
Posted By: RedRanger

Re: Used boat prices - 04/20/20 04:49 PM

Originally Posted by John175☮
Boat Mfg plants are shut down. Zero production for new boats. Keep your powder dry and look for cheap used boats flooding the markets from those losing jobs. They will want pay-off for the note but you might be able to work a deal. Because of no new boats I think used boats will hold value except for layoff "fire" sales where they are not underwater on the loan.

thumb
Posted By: ko bass attack 27

Re: Used boat prices - 04/20/20 06:58 PM

Originally Posted by mikryl
I had been looking for a Bass Cat maybe 2012 to 2017, been looking on BBC.impact fishing and BC website. Are there any others?

That 2013 Cougar on the Boats For Sale tab looks good.
Posted By: Kicker16

Re: Used boat prices - 04/20/20 07:03 PM

I've been looking hoping I can find something someone needed to unload for a good deal. Haven't seen much of anything that catch's my eye and really haven't notice
a change in pricing. Craigslist seems to have a ton of scammers posting boats on there now.
Posted By: Ranger1

Re: Used boat prices - 04/20/20 08:15 PM

Basscat facebook group has several
Posted By: steveiam

Re: Used boat prices - 04/20/20 08:22 PM

I’ve been looking at golf carts for about three weeks or so and I was thinking I would be able to find someone wanting to get out of a nice somewhat modded cart at a very nice price from someone wanting some cash-
It hasn’t happened yet and two cart dealerships I’ve visited are saying sales on their new and used carts are better than before the virus-
Posted By: Flippin-Out

Re: Used boat prices - 04/20/20 08:24 PM

What's this situation that we're in going to do with used boat prices in the coming months?

I think fewer people will be shopping for a boat for a while, so prices will slump. Why? Economic uncertainty. While there are fewer new boats available due to shut-downs, there are a LOT of people who may not be so confident of their own economic future for a while. They aren't going to be making a move to buy ANY boat - new or used. Boats are a luxury item unless you make your living with it. When the economy is down, or uncertain/disturbed, most people are far less willing to go into debt, or spend assets they have in cash. They don't want to find themselves unable to make payments, or to lose the equity they've built in an item. Look how home sales slump when the economy is off; wouldn't you think it would effect boats just as much if not more? You have to live somewhere, but you sure don't HAVE to have a boat.

Separate from, but in addition to, the pandemic, Texas in particular is directly impacted by oil trade war moves ongoing. Fewer paychecks in the region means fewer buyers, and more boats for sale by those who's paycheck stopped.
Posted By: hopalong

Re: Used boat prices - 04/20/20 08:44 PM

I will lay odds that the banks/credit unions and finance cos. are granting grace periods on payments on boats and rvs etc.

they can't afford a ton of repos and do not want them to begin with.

used will hold steady or increase a little due to demand, it is that time of year and from what I have seen on fork lately, usage is not a problem.
Posted By: hopalong

Re: Used boat prices - 04/20/20 08:47 PM

cal worthington (the original tiger king) would have already had an ad out for "1,200.00 down" and 299.99 a month if he sold boats.

just sayin.

roflmao
Posted By: Spiderman

Re: Used boat prices - 04/20/20 08:49 PM

I've been wanting to buy used but now i don/t know. Might want to hold on to what funds i have.

That's why boats will be cheaper, much cheaper. there will be fewer buyers with the uncertain times ahead for at least the rest of this year.
Posted By: silvers

Re: Used boat prices - 04/20/20 10:09 PM

Deals are out there, just got to find your deal, just traded a 1k rifle for a 1850 gun, now I’m looking for a deal on a center console, I work in the oilfield and saved while times were good, now it’s time to take profit on others expenditures, sad but true

Re: Used boat prices - 04/20/20 11:56 PM

Originally Posted by ko bass attack 27

That 2013 Cougar on the Boats For Sale tab looks good.

I saw that one, looked pretty good until i started finding newer boats for same money
Posted By: texcajun

Re: Used boat prices - 04/21/20 02:43 PM

I was looking to sell mine recently, but decided to keep it and modify it to make it fit my needs better. I love the boat, but it's shortcomings were glaring after my last trip to the Sabine river. After some soul searching, I decided to have below deck rod lockers installed. That will fix my biggest complaint about the boat and keep me from having to find a new (used) boat.
Posted By: BlueNitro

Re: Used boat prices - 04/21/20 03:41 PM

Would you be interested in a used Skeeter for lets say $2k. I'm not sure of the year but it does have a 250 Yammy on it, a 36 volt MG Xi5 (with a LiftSaver Plus mount), a mount for a HB on the console and mounts for Lowrance and Garmin 93sv/Livescope on the bow (if I get lucky, the graphs will come with it for an additional $500). You might have a little issue titling it and I would recommend painting it a nice blue/silver color before fishing on Grapevine.

The livewells are like brand new because there are never any crappie in it. The motor should also be good because the present owner drives it like a 90 year old woman.

If interested, it will have to be a strictly cash deal and delivery will be in a dimly lit parking lot of my choosing and the delivery date will need to be flexible.

Re: Used boat prices - 04/21/20 07:48 PM

Originally Posted by BlueNitro
Would you be interested in a used Skeeter for lets say $2k. I'm not sure of the year but it does have a 250 Yammy on it, a 36 volt MG Xi5 (with a LiftSaver Plus mount), a mount for a HB on the console and mounts for Lowrance and Garmin 93sv/Livescope on the bow (if I get lucky, the graphs will come with it for an additional $500). You might have a little issue titling it and I would recommend painting it a nice blue/silver color before fishing on Grapevine.

The livewells are like brand new because there are never any crappie in it. The motor should also be good because the present owner drives it like a 90 year old woman.

If interested, it will have to be a strictly cash deal and delivery will be in a dimly lit parking lot of my choosing and the delivery date will need to be flexible.

You must have a boat for sale
Posted By: COFF

Re: Used boat prices - 04/21/20 07:52 PM

BlueNitro's wife figured out his TFF password.

Re: Used boat prices - 04/21/20 07:59 PM

Originally Posted by COFF

BlueNitro's wife figured out his TFF password.

i get it, she's pissed
Posted By: rj74955

Re: Used boat prices - 04/21/20 08:35 PM

I'll take it. There's probably $2000 worth of fishing line behind the trolling motor and big motor props.
Posted By: CCTX

Re: Used boat prices - 04/21/20 08:47 PM

Used boats for sell on TFF are at firm, non negotiable prices.
Posted By: Davedave

Re: Used boat prices - 04/21/20 08:51 PM

Originally Posted by rj74955

I'll take it. There's probably $2000 worth of fishing line behind the trolling motor and big motor props.

Could be more than that. Only idiots checks that stuff.
Posted By: rj74955

Re: Used boat prices - 04/21/20 08:55 PM

Originally Posted by Davedave
Originally Posted by rj74955

Could be more than that. Only idiots checks that stuff.

roflmao
© 2024 Texas Fishing Forum