Texas Fishing Forum

AllState refunding premiums.

Posted By: retdbasser

AllState refunding premiums. - 04/06/20 03:42 PM

https://www.msn.com/en-us/money/com...r-BB12dUIE?li=BBnb7Kz&ocid=ACERDHP15
Posted By: Dave-0

Re: AllState refunding premiums. - 04/06/20 04:33 PM

Well bless their cold, black, thieving little hearts!!!! Been with them since '93. Have had exactly 2 claims, doesn't seem to keep my rates from going up. If the package I have wasn't so good, I'd look elsewhere.
Posted By: Stump jumper

Re: AllState refunding premiums. - 04/06/20 05:15 PM

Originally Posted by Dave-0
Well bless their cold, black, thieving little hearts!!!! Been with them since '93. Have had exactly 2 claims, doesn't seem to keep my rates from going up. If the package I have wasn't so good, I'd look elsewhere.

Sounds like State Farm. I was with them about 30 years. The last increase on my house was the end of the line. The reduction I got on a total pkg going with another company was enough to cover my house insurance. I offered State Farm a chance to match but they would not budge. I finally got smart and went with and independent agent. She represents many customers and can shop it for me. These insurance companies play the game that cable/satellite, REPs and phone companies play. They offer a low rate to get you in and hope you become complacent.
Posted By: Bigbob_FTW

Re: AllState refunding premiums. - 04/06/20 05:17 PM

Been a happy customer for 25 years.
Posted By: bassfishinglawyer

Re: AllState refunding premiums. - 04/06/20 05:29 PM

confused
Posted By: CCTX

Re: AllState refunding premiums. - 04/06/20 05:38 PM

Originally Posted by Bigbob_FTW
Been a happy customer for 25 years.

roflmao

Happy for who? The insurance company CEO and stockholders, yes.

Re: AllState refunding premiums. - 04/06/20 05:40 PM

I think it might save us $60. Whoopee. banana
Posted By: Fourjs

Re: AllState refunding premiums. - 04/06/20 05:42 PM

I dropped Allstate when I had to put my 16 year old son on my policy. They wanted to double my premium just for him.

A friend at church is an independent agent. He hooked me up with a new company and policy. Never looked back or regretted changing.
Posted By: RedRanger

Re: AllState refunding premiums. - 04/06/20 05:46 PM

POS insurance company
Posted By: bill oxner

Re: AllState refunding premiums. - 04/06/20 05:53 PM

Originally Posted by RedRanger
POS insurance company

For giving refunds?

"Allstate to return $600 million in auto premiums as pandemic cuts driving.."

Re: AllState refunding premiums. - 04/06/20 05:57 PM

"The insurer Allstate said Monday it will return more than $600 million in auto insurance premiums to customers as many Americans stay home and drive less during shelter-in-place orders to curb the coronavirus outbreak.

Most customers will receive a payback of 15% of their monthly premium in April and May, the company said.

The payback, which will apply to 18 million policies issued by Allstate and its Esurance and Encompass units, follows a data analysis by the insurer that showed mileage is down between 35% and 50% in most states, Allstate Chief Executive Officer Tom Wilson said during a call with reporters Monday."
Posted By: fishslime

Re: AllState refunding premiums. - 04/06/20 06:02 PM

I never buy insurance from a company that advertises. Those ads don't come cheap. Go with an independent agent with a company most never heard of that is usually underwritten by Lloyds of London. Never had a problem and rates are much less. I called an Allstate guy once about some quotes he sent me in the mail. He asked about my current insurer and then (I'm sure with a red face) told me he was insured with the same unknown company I was. I'll leave it at that.
Posted By: hopalong

Re: AllState refunding premiums. - 04/06/20 06:09 PM

Originally Posted by Stump jumper
Originally Posted by Dave-0

Sounds like State Farm. I was with them about 30 years. The last increase on my house was the end of the line. The reduction I got on a total pkg going with another company was enough to cover my house insurance. I offered State Farm a chance to match but they would not budge. I finally got smart and went with and independent agent. She represents many customers and can shop it for me. These insurance companies play the game that cable/satellite, REPs and phone companies play. They offer a low rate to get you in and hope you become complacent.

I had state farm for about 12 yrs. couldn't pay for a full yr up front, just 6 months. last 4 renewals they jacked my price.

when I called and asked why, uninsured wrecks and young drivers were causing more to be paid out. I have not had any type of ticket in my pickup in over 35 yrs. and drive less than 20k a yr. yet I still paid about 1,700 a yr. for full coverage with basic limits (no million $ stuff etc.).

now have an independent co. and can prepay a full yr. at a time with no rate increases in the last 3 renewals.

same with the ones that have to have an ad on every cable channel every 30 mins. won't buy from them either.

Re: AllState refunding premiums. - 04/06/20 06:20 PM

I have Farm Bureau from a THF member. They only cover you for 6 months twice a year. I doubt they are giving refunds. I'd check Allstate out if I hadn't just paid up.
Posted By: RedRanger

Re: AllState refunding premiums. - 04/06/20 06:58 PM

Originally Posted by bill oxner
POS insurance company

For giving refunds?

For home owners insurance and they way the handle claims, specifically water damage. Worse company out there

Re: AllState refunding premiums. - 04/06/20 08:08 PM

Originally Posted by bill oxner
POS insurance company

For giving refunds?

For home owners insurance and they way the handle claims, specifically water damage. Worse company out there

offtopic
Posted By: Spiderman

Re: AllState refunding premiums. - 04/06/20 08:55 PM

So 15% of the auto premiums for 2 months just for Allstate equals 600 million.

Man we are all paying too much for auto insurance!!!
Posted By: texasbass1

Re: AllState refunding premiums. - 04/06/20 09:24 PM

I switched back to Allstate 2 yrs ago after annual increases from my old insurance company and saved more on both my house and truck than the old premium. I'm happy with them so far and a rebate will be nice as well

Re: AllState refunding premiums. - 04/07/20 01:36 PM

Some more relief from All-State:

We've already provided extended auto insurance coverage and payment relief for customers facing financial challenges. Take a moment to review these benefits.

Free Identity Protection
An increase in online and financial fraud is an unfortunate reality as families are spending more time online. To combat this, we're making our Allstate Identity Protection product free for the rest of 2020 for customers who sign up in April and May. You can sign up in the Allstate app.

Extended Auto Insurance Coverage
Many auto insurance policies don't cover commercial deliveries. But in this time when so many neighbors are helping deliver vital supplies to their communities, we're extending coverage for customers who use their personal vehicles to commercially deliver food, medicine and other goods.

Payment Relief
Allstate customers experiencing financial challenges can call Allstate to learn how to delay payments without penalty. The Special Payment Plan gives auto and homeowner insurance customers the choice to delay two consecutive premium payments. Customers also can choose to pay what they can afford.
Posted By: BigDozer66

Re: AllState refunding premiums. - 04/07/20 02:26 PM

I was with them for 30+ years and they wouldn't even consider giving me a better price so I switched. frown

Got better coverage and was 40% less money. bannana2
© 2024 Texas Fishing Forum