Texas Fishing Forum

COVID effect on boat pricing

Posted By: T Bird

COVID effect on boat pricing - 04/05/20 01:52 PM

Do you think there will be a large number of lightly used boats on the market soon due to the COVID work shutdown? After years of a booming sellers market it may be getting ready to do a 360.
Posted By: SkeeterRonnie

Re: COVID effect on boat pricing - 04/05/20 01:54 PM

there will be a LOT of everything for sale by end of summer. I'm saving up for some new pew pews! Maybe I can finally afford a RPA 6.5 with suppressor and superb scope! I want a long range plinker with some arse!
Posted By: RedRanger

Re: COVID effect on boat pricing - 04/05/20 02:01 PM

Originally Posted by T Bird
Do you think there will be a large number of lightly used boats on the market soon due to the COVID work shutdown? After years of a booming sellers market it may be getting ready to do a 360.

As of now, I don't see boats new or used prices being a buyers markets

Re: COVID effect on boat pricing - 04/05/20 02:01 PM

Originally Posted by SkeeterRonnie
there will be a LOT of everything for sale by end of summer. I'm saving up for some new pew pews! Maybe I can finally afford a RPA 6.5 with suppressor and superb scope! I want a long range plinker with some arse!

Guns and ammo are hard to find anywhere, and damn sure ain't selling them cheap or cheaper.
Posted By: Frenzy

Re: COVID effect on boat pricing - 04/05/20 02:04 PM

Heck....the downturn in oil alone would have probably put a few nice "lightly" used boats on the market. Covid might compound it. There will be some deals to be had......unfortunately.
Posted By: hopalong

Re: COVID effect on boat pricing - 04/05/20 02:06 PM

Originally Posted by RedRanger

Guns and ammo are hard to find anywhere, and damn sure ain't selling them cheap or cheaper.

s&g still has plenty, shipping may take a couple of extra days since they had to send most of the staff home.

https://www.sgammo.com/catalog/rifle-ammo-sale
Posted By: Samsonsworld

Re: COVID effect on boat pricing - 04/05/20 02:09 PM

Didn't help me buying my new wave runner yesterday. Still having trouble sitting.
Posted By: Uncle Zeek

Re: COVID effect on boat pricing - 04/05/20 02:19 PM

After years of a booming sellers market it may be getting ready to do a 360.

grin You can start at the 53 second mark to save time!

Re: COVID effect on boat pricing - 04/05/20 02:20 PM

Originally Posted by hopalong
Originally Posted by RedRanger

s&g still has plenty, shipping may take a couple of extra days since they had to send most of the staff home.

https://www.sgammo.com/catalog/rifle-ammo-sale

I had a hard time finding 5.7 x 28 ammo, sold out many places
Posted By: RATZ

Re: COVID effect on boat pricing - 04/05/20 02:22 PM

there will be lots of stuff on sale once those stimulus checks start going out. Cause gawd knows folks will blow it rather than save it for rent/mortgage payments, or other essential stuff.
Posted By: basscaster46

Re: COVID effect on boat pricing - 04/05/20 02:27 PM

Originally Posted by Samsonsworld
Didn't help me buying my new wave runner yesterday. Still having trouble sitting.

Should’ve waited luxury items always come down just like 2008.

Re: COVID effect on boat pricing - 04/05/20 02:29 PM

Originally Posted by basscaster46

That was a few year economy in the tank before prices came down. This is a sharp downturn and should be a sharp upturn.

Re: COVID effect on boat pricing - 04/05/20 02:30 PM

Originally Posted by RATZ
there will be lots of stuff on sale once those stimulus checks start going out. Cause gawd knows folks will blow it rather than save it for rent/mortgage payments, or other essential stuff.

It only 1200 bucks per most people, that may cover one week of work for the average worker.

Not like it's 12k each person
Posted By: Laker One

Re: COVID effect on boat pricing - 04/05/20 02:34 PM

The sporting goods industry including hunting and fishing supplies are going to be slowed down a lot. The first thing that needs to happen is the economy needs to pick up and the employment level needs to get back to a normal rate. Prices for new boats will not change all that much. Right now not many people are going to have the money to buy a new boat much less a used one. The sporting goods industry will be taking a big hit and I think it will be two to three years before it gets back to a normal rate. Just my two cents. 2cents

Side Note: Major sporting goods stores have laid off a lot of employees with no hopes of rehiring any of them back soon! It all depends on how fast the economy makes it's come back! hmmm
Posted By: grout-scout

Re: COVID effect on boat pricing - 04/05/20 02:37 PM

I suppose there could be a market flooded for several reasons: we all go broke, we all die from Covid or we all are lockdowned for the next 2 years. I hope none of the above happen! I miss the stupid simple things that we used to be able to do.

Go “F” yourself China, you won’t get anymore of my money.

Re: COVID effect on boat pricing - 04/05/20 02:42 PM

Originally Posted by Laker One
The sporting goods industry including hunting and fishing supplies are going to be slowed down a lot. The first thing that needs to happen is the economy needs to pick up and the employment level needs to get back to a normal rate. Prices for new boats will not change all that much. Right now not many people are going to have the money to buy a new boat much less a used one. The sporting goods industry will be taking a big hit and I think it will be two to three years before it gets back to a normal rate. Just my two cents. 2cents

Side Note: Major sporting goods stores have laid off a lot of employees with no hopes of rehiring any of them back soon! It all depends on how fast the economy makes it's come back! hmmm

Have you tried to buy dumbells and weights, many places are sold out.

I also see an increase in home gyms and work out equipment being hot now, both new and used
Posted By: hopalong

Re: COVID effect on boat pricing - 04/05/20 02:42 PM

Originally Posted by grout-scout
I suppose there could be a market flooded for several reasons: we all go broke, we all die from Covid or we all are lockdowned for the next 2 years. I hope none of the above happen! I miss the stupid simple things that we used to be able to do.

be sure to cancel your amazon acct. too.

Re: COVID effect on boat pricing - 04/05/20 02:49 PM

Originally Posted by basscaster46

Probably would have been smart....but also sold my boat. Didn't want to wait until next season to get something.
Posted By: grout-scout

Re: COVID effect on boat pricing - 04/05/20 02:52 PM

Originally Posted by hopalong
Originally Posted by grout-scout

be sure to cancel your amazon acct. too.

Never had one.
Posted By: Duck_Hunter

Re: COVID effect on boat pricing - 04/05/20 03:21 PM

[Linked Image]
Posted By: Pinkus

Re: COVID effect on boat pricing - 04/05/20 03:38 PM

If the corona takes me, none of you scumbags better try and buy my boat for what I told the wife it cost.. bro code
Posted By: Mark Perry

Re: COVID effect on boat pricing - 04/05/20 03:40 PM

Boats are not suddenly gonna be cheaper. Jot ecen good, clean used boats. Just less buyers.

Re: COVID effect on boat pricing - 04/05/20 03:48 PM

Originally Posted by Duck_Hunter

[Linked Image]

My wife was like 'I sure am glad it's a 3-seater!'. I said not with me and you on it.

I slept on the recliner last night.

Re: COVID effect on boat pricing - 04/05/20 05:06 PM

Originally Posted by Laker One

This maybe the perfect storm to decimate brick and mortar stores. Especially small retail .
Doubt it will go right back like it was anytime soon .
J D

Re: COVID effect on boat pricing - 04/05/20 05:12 PM

Originally Posted by Mark Perry
Boats are not suddenly gonna be cheaper. Jot ecen good, clean used boats. Just less buyers.

All I can say is wouldn’t want to be in the position to have to sell a boat now.
Less buyer’s usually means lowering price.
J D
© 2024 Texas Fishing Forum