Texas Fishing Forum

M Night Shyamalan Film Festival

Posted By: Dan90210 ☮

M Night Shyamalan Film Festival - 03/31/20 02:26 PM

The girl and I have decided to go through many of his films. We watched The Sixth Sense last night. She LOVED it. Wants to see more of his work.

I think many of them are awesome! There are some losers (Lady in the Water, I am looking at you) but he has a great bunch of films to his credit.

She has seen none of them! That's like not having seen Star Wars! NEVER seen one of his films!? Well, cool that gives us something to do while we quarantine. I can only play guitar and lift weights so much of the day.

Which are your favorites? PICK TWO!

Posted By: spazm09

Re: M Night Shyamalan Film Festival - 03/31/20 02:28 PM

Signs and The Village are his best two by far imo

Re: M Night Shyamalan Film Festival - 03/31/20 02:30 PM

Split was really good too but that's more due to James McAvoy's performance than anything else.

Originally Posted by spazm09

I can agree with that...Unbreakable is pretty strong too though and The Sixth Sense, man that is a classic.

"I see dead people..." That was cool as hell. What a creative idea. Guy has done a lot of good stuff.
Posted By: Brent S

Originally Posted by spazm09

Same two I voted for
Posted By: Hail Boy

Signs and Unbreakable are pretty good story wise.

Hell or High Water is on Netflix, FYI

Re: M Night Shyamalan Film Festival - 03/31/20 02:33 PM

Unbreakable was just too slow for me. I liked it but not as much as others.
Posted By: TexDawg

Re: M Night Shyamalan Film Festival - 03/31/20 02:34 PM

The village was decent
Posted By: Trickster

Re: M Night Shyamalan Film Festival - 03/31/20 02:34 PM

Never heard of this.
Posted By: BCBassCat

Re: M Night Shyamalan Film Festival - 03/31/20 02:38 PM

The Village and Sixth Sense. Both were far out there. Stay out of the woods, the hwy is on the other side.
Posted By: CCTX

Re: M Night Shyamalan Film Festival - 03/31/20 02:41 PM

Swing Away!

His worst is Air Bender (I think some countries it was released as Avatar the Last Air Bender)
Took my kiddos to that one years ago--one of the worst movies ever made. talk about mailing it in

There are some legendary CGI goofs in the movie
Posted By: Spiderman

Re: M Night Shyamalan Film Festival - 03/31/20 02:42 PM

Unbreakable, Split & Glass were all good if you watched them in order!

He has made some good films because he picked the right scripts and had some major actors with skills to play the parts?

Sixth Sense was original and had great actors. Original films are hard to find anymore, everything is a remake of an older film.

Re: M Night Shyamalan Film Festival - 03/31/20 03:25 PM

Let me say something a about Signs, the first 90 minutes is fantastic. Maybe at that point, my favorite movie of all time, its awesome.

But the ending...? Come on now. **Spoiler Alert*** Look the movie is like 20 years old, but in case you missed it and want to watch it, I suggest you do, if that is the case STOP READING.

So the aliens are so very advanced but they can be defeated by...water. H2O. They come to a planet that is 70% water, where it rains, to take over humans who are basically water based creatures.

A humid day could kill these mofo's and there was no plan on their end for that?

These aliens are so advanced but they dont bother to wear like a suit to protect them from water? Or a force field or something? A rain coat or trash bag? Nothing? You can just spray them with a hose or super soaker and they die? You can chill by a pool and they cant touch you? The aliens did not plan for that? That was left out of their planning to conquer earth?

Nah, I call BS lol worst ending ever! And its sad because otherwise, incredible thriller of a film!

Re: M Night Shyamalan Film Festival - 03/31/20 03:30 PM

Originally Posted by Spiderman

He has made some good films because he picked the right scripts

He wrote every movie he did himself. He did not pick scripts but wrote them.
Posted By: ReelBusy

Re: M Night Shyamalan Film Festival - 03/31/20 03:41 PM

Originally Posted by Dan90210 ☮
Let me say something a about Signs, the first 90 minutes is fantastic. Maybe at that point, my favorite movie of all time, its awesome.

But the ending...? Come on now. **Spoiler Alert*** Look the movie is like 20 years old, but in case you missed it and want to watch it, I suggest you do, if that is the case STOP READING.

So the aliens are so very advanced but they can be defeated by...water. H2O. They come to a planet that is 70% water, where it rains, to take over humans who are basically water based creatures.

A humid day could kill these mofo's and there was no plan on their end for that?

These aliens are so advanced but they dont bother to wear like a suit to protect them from water? Or a force field or something? A rain coat or trash bag? Nothing? You can just spray them with a hose or super soaker and they die? You can chill by a pool and they cant touch you? The aliens did not plan for that? That was left out of their planning to conquer earth?

Nah, I call BS lol worst ending ever! And its sad because otherwise, incredible thriller of a film!

Did you like the Scary Movie 3 ending better?

Re: M Night Shyamalan Film Festival - 03/31/20 03:45 PM

Originally Posted by Hancock
Originally Posted by Dan90210 ☮

Did you like the Scary Movie 3 ending better?

Did not see that one...
Posted By: Snakeyes711

Re: M Night Shyamalan Film Festival - 03/31/20 04:02 PM

That scene in Unbreakable where he follows the serial killer to the house and "deals with him" was great!
© 2024 Texas Fishing Forum