Texas Fishing Forum

Tyler/Smith County on Lockdown

Posted By: McLovin’

Tyler/Smith County on Lockdown - 03/27/20 09:46 PM

As of 11:59 tonight...this is F nuts...
Posted By: racing75

Re: Tyler/Smith County on Lockdown - 03/27/20 09:58 PM

Damn. Got a post-op appointment at East Texas Vascular Tuesday. Hopefully I will get fully released. Guess I’ll find out Monday if I can still come
Posted By: Frank the Tank

Re: Tyler/Smith County on Lockdown - 03/27/20 10:03 PM

Where did you see that bud? I haven't gotten an alert from my local news app
Posted By: Spiderman

Re: Tyler/Smith County on Lockdown - 03/27/20 10:09 PM

Longview / Gregg County lockdown started at midnight last night.

Posted By: Icepick

Re: Tyler/Smith County on Lockdown - 03/27/20 10:13 PM

The county where I buy gas and go walking is supposed to be under shelter in place but with all the exemptions I don't see much difference, other than keeping gatherings of large groups from happening.

Re: Tyler/Smith County on Lockdown - 03/28/20 01:15 AM

Originally Posted by Frank the Tank

Frank
It was announced this afternoon on East Texas news, also on Smith-County.com

Let’s meet at Lake Palestine and wear some crappie out tomorrow....6ft apart of course!!!!
Posted By: TexDawg

Re: Tyler/Smith County on Lockdown - 03/28/20 01:28 AM

Lockdown, except if you want to go out to many stores that are open. The word lockdown is rather sensational and over dramatic in my opinion.
Posted By: Pintail711

Re: Tyler/Smith County on Lockdown - 03/28/20 01:40 AM

Smith County is a dump. I’m surprised it took this long... Time there stopped in 1980 and hasn’t started back.
Posted By: WAWI

Re: Tyler/Smith County on Lockdown - 03/28/20 01:43 AM

Is time out open

Re: Tyler/Smith County on Lockdown - 03/28/20 01:44 AM

Originally Posted by Pintail711
Smith County is a dump. I’m surprised it took this long... Time there stopped in 1980 and hasn’t started back.

Jelly post ^^^^

Re: Tyler/Smith County on Lockdown - 03/28/20 01:47 AM

Originally Posted by Mudbone

Frank
It was announced this afternoon on East Texas news, also on Smith-County.com

Let’s meet at Lake Palestine and wear some crappie out tomorrow....6ft apart of course!!!!

Wish I could bud. Will hit you up for that soon.
Posted By: Pintail711

Re: Tyler/Smith County on Lockdown - 03/28/20 02:31 AM

Originally Posted by WAWI
Is time out open

Closed for business, had a shooting not too long ago
Posted By: Mudshark

Re: Tyler/Smith County on Lockdown - 03/28/20 03:00 AM

Half the people out here are just now getting SARS. Stupid backwoods rednecks. I remember now why I couldn’t wait to get out of here growing up. Small minded redneck Hicks. I’m here to take care of my parents and once that responsibility is over, I’m out of here. I forgot what this place was like.
Posted By: rich777

Re: Tyler/Smith County on Lockdown - 03/28/20 03:07 AM

Originally Posted by Mudshark

Half the people out here are just now getting SARS. Stupid backwoods rednecks. I remember now why I couldn’t wait to get out of here growing up. Small minded redneck Hicks. I’m here to take care of my parents and once that responsibility is over, I’m out of here. I forgot what this place was like.

Can't wait for you to leave.

Re: Tyler/Smith County on Lockdown - 03/28/20 04:49 AM

Why are you so [censored] hurt brother Mud?
I get it...you like the metro areas...I’ve lived in both and have to spend a lot of time each month in Dallas and Houston and I enjoy some of the things they have to offer but way too many people for me...I always love coming home to the piney woods.
Posted By: Scagnetti

Re: Tyler/Smith County on Lockdown - 03/28/20 05:06 AM

I’m so glad I don’t live in the sticks

What misery you people go through for the basics in life

Re: Tyler/Smith County on Lockdown - 03/28/20 05:56 AM

Originally Posted by Scagnetti

Trust me. You can stay in Dallas. You fit right in.

Re: Tyler/Smith County on Lockdown - 03/28/20 06:06 AM

How is it the low educated, low income moron that you are got run out of Rockwall and moved into that toilet of a city called Tyler

Re: Tyler/Smith County on Lockdown - 03/28/20 06:09 AM

How is it the low educated, low income moron that you are got run out of Rockwall and moved into that toilet of a city called Tyler

Thank you for proving my point

Re: Tyler/Smith County on Lockdown - 03/28/20 06:17 AM

Thank you for proving my point

I was going to say something cruel but your church people so I’m not going to say it

Never got to college did you, reflecting on the wreckage of your life in some dead end healthcare job, daddy moved the family around and now you face the major suckage of your life

Re: Tyler/Smith County on Lockdown - 03/28/20 07:11 AM

That’s funny bro
Posted By: RedRanger

Re: Tyler/Smith County on Lockdown - 03/28/20 11:14 AM

Valid Point
Posted By: Tritonman

Re: Tyler/Smith County on Lockdown - 03/28/20 11:49 AM

I was going to say something cruel but your church people so I’m not going to say it

Never got to college did you, reflecting on the wreckage of your life in some dead end healthcare job, daddy moved the family around and now you face the major suckage of your life

* you're

Re: Tyler/Smith County on Lockdown - 03/28/20 01:42 PM

Skags
You know you can’t say “you people” the NAACP put that on the list of racists sayings, LOL

Our points of view are interesting because they are both the same but from the other side of the argument...I think the same about having to wake up in a big city....how do these people do this without the basics in life...?

Again I’ve lived there and I love some of the stuff in the city, but man I had to get out to the lakes/trees
I’m lucky in that my job allows me to live anywhere in Texas, I just chose this area because wife and I have always loved it

Re: Tyler/Smith County on Lockdown - 03/28/20 02:08 PM

Just kidding. I love living out here.
Posted By: outfishdya

Re: Tyler/Smith County on Lockdown - 03/28/20 02:14 PM

You forgot namaste....
Posted By: gdr_11

Re: Tyler/Smith County on Lockdown - 03/28/20 02:54 PM

Actually not a lock down in Smith County, not even a Shelter in Place order. It is a Stay At Home order with minimal restrictions.

Go to the County website or CBS 19 website fir the actual wording and explanation.
Posted By: Davedave

Re: Tyler/Smith County on Lockdown - 03/28/20 02:59 PM

Originally Posted by outfishdya

You forgot namaste....

I wish someone would lock down those namaste guys computers. It’s out of control.
Posted By: elcoyote, esq.

Re: Tyler/Smith County on Lockdown - 03/28/20 03:05 PM

Originally Posted by Davedave

You forgot namaste....

I wish someone would lock down those namaste guys computers. It’s out of control.

I’m pretty sure that namaste is Swahili for “go Astros”, so I’m all for the namaste posts.
Posted By: WAWI

Re: Tyler/Smith County on Lockdown - 03/28/20 03:06 PM

Originally Posted by Davedave

You forgot namaste....

What dave said

Re: Tyler/Smith County on Lockdown - 03/28/20 03:10 PM

I get it...you like the metro areas...I’ve lived in both and have to spend a lot of time each month in Dallas and Houston and I enjoy some of the things they have to offer but way too many people for me...I always love coming home to the piney woods.

I get mad each time my son comes home from work and tells me the racist BS things people say to him most days. Last night was a hard one to watch. It’s mostly the older, fat bubbas out here, but last night it was an older woman who told him to go back to Mexico and blamed people like him for the corona virus. Sure this happens everywhere, but since we moved back to East Texas, it’s almost a daily thing for him. I have seen it happen in person or else I might doubt the frequency of it myself.

So I chimed off in an inappropriate way on a thread instead of holding my disdain to myself. For that I am sorry.
Posted By: Davedave

Re: Tyler/Smith County on Lockdown - 03/28/20 03:17 PM

I get mad each time my son comes home from work and tells me the racist BS things people say to him most days. Last night was a hard one to watch. It’s mostly the older, fat bubbas out here, but last night it was an older woman who told him to go back to Mexico and blamed people like him for the corona virus. Sure this happens everywhere, but since we moved back to East Texas, it’s almost a daily thing for him. I have seen it happen in person or else I might doubt the frequency of it myself.

So I chimed off in an inappropriate way on a thread instead of holding my disdain to myself. For that I am sorry.

Just head on down to Fun Forest and have yourself a picnic. That will make everything all better.

Re: Tyler/Smith County on Lockdown - 03/28/20 04:52 PM

I’m sorry to hear that but yes, there are still a bunch of ignorant people in the world, but man they are everywhere.
Sorry you’re son has to put up with that BS

I’ve seen a lot more good stuff and people being more polite than normal since this crisis started.
Sometimes it takes a crisis like this to show us how much we are all really the same...the best I’ve ever seen people share with one another and care for one another was while we went to Houston with boats during Harvey.
The random support for our guys from total strangers was overwhelming.
Posted By: Gitter Done

Re: Tyler/Smith County on Lockdown - 03/28/20 05:15 PM

Originally Posted by TexDawg
Lockdown, except if you want to go out to many stores that are open. The word lockdown is rather sensational and over dramatic in my opinion.

Yes it is however Comal county has a 11pm to 5 am Curfew in tack. If you do not have a valid reason to be out during that time you can get a ticket for curfew violation. New Braunfels Police and Comal Co. Sheriff's dept. can pull you over during that time. Will be interesting to see how this is going to work out. There is also a shelter in place order for the remaining times.
Posted By: MrRoachie

Re: Tyler/Smith County on Lockdown - 03/28/20 05:27 PM

Sounds like the redneck bubbas and the so called woman need Jesus.. Just sayin!
Posted By: blooper961

Re: Tyler/Smith County on Lockdown - 03/28/20 05:33 PM

Time did not stop in 1980 in Tyler.
In 1980 the Zoo was free.
Now is costs to get in
Posted By: MrRoachie

Re: Tyler/Smith County on Lockdown - 03/29/20 01:22 AM

Originally Posted by blooper961
Time did not stop in 1980 in Tyler.
In 1980 the Zoo was free.
Now is costs to get in

That is because of a greedy nephew with no accountability.
Posted By: Fish Chaser

Re: Tyler/Smith County on Lockdown - 03/29/20 03:06 PM

frkazoid I left in 2005 after 11 lllloooonnnngggg years in Redneck Texas and moved back to Plano. Best thing I ever did.

Re: Tyler/Smith County on Lockdown - 03/29/20 03:09 PM

Originally Posted by Fish Chaser

frkazoid I left in 2005 after 11 lllloooonnnngggg years in Redneck Texas and moved back to Plano. Best thing I ever did.

To each his own, enjoy, I hope I never leave it out here. This place is heaven. No uppity Dallas folks. LOVE it. To each tier own.
Posted By: forkduc

Re: Tyler/Smith County on Lockdown - 03/29/20 05:13 PM

Lake Tyler still open?
Posted By: OTFF

Re: Tyler/Smith County on Lockdown - 03/29/20 06:34 PM

Several of you are speaking in negatives you just can’t prove. You can say them, but you have to know that it’s just your opinion. Outside of you, it has no validity whatsoever. So, if you are saying them to just be rude, well that speaks to your character.

Misery and basics in life is completely subjective. An educated person should not say such. Again, you can never prove a negative. It’s a good thing Texas is so big and everyone can find what he/she likes.
Posted By: OTFF

Re: Tyler/Smith County on Lockdown - 03/29/20 06:40 PM

To those you speak of being racist, shame on them. For you allowing someone who is racist to impact or influence your behavior, shame on you.
© 2024 Texas Fishing Forum