Texas Fishing Forum

McKinney Mayor Sued...

Posted By: David Burton

McKinney Mayor Sued... - 03/27/20 09:33 PM

...over the Stay at Home order.

Breaking News!

Someone actually did it, Mayor Fuller has been sued by a McKinney Resident over the "Stay at Home" order. Emergency hearing for injuctive relief has been scheduled for this afternoon (was at 4:15pm)

Questions at Issue:
* Does the mayor actually have the authority to take the action he took?
* Does the order contradict the County Order?
Posted By: wyliepirate

Re: McKinney Mayor Sued... - 03/27/20 09:39 PM

unbelievable
Posted By: PondFish

Re: McKinney Mayor Sued... - 03/27/20 09:42 PM

If a City (Mayoral) order and a County Order are in conflict, the County order supersedes the CIty one.

The City of Dallas has a pretty strict stay in place order. The Collin County order is not as strict. There is a small part of the City of Dallas that lies in Collin County. The Collin County order takes precedent in that small part of the City of Dallas in Collin County.

That scenario played out earlier this week.
Posted By: Kentucky

Re: McKinney Mayor Sued... - 03/27/20 10:20 PM

I'm gonna wait till hear from Uncle Zeek
Posted By: Don Collum

Re: McKinney Mayor Sued... - 03/27/20 11:26 PM

Thought it was a real estate firm and if so how can this be good for them under this very uncertain condition or all of N. Texas. hmmm
Posted By: CCTX

Re: McKinney Mayor Sued... - 03/27/20 11:31 PM

Affluenza
Posted By: Icepick

Re: McKinney Mayor Sued... - 03/27/20 11:40 PM

Originally Posted by CCTX
Affluenza

flehan

Re: McKinney Mayor Sued... - 03/28/20 12:38 AM

Affluenza

I hope that wasn't directed at me... I lost a friend to Ethan Couch!!!

Do I agree with Fuller's order?tNO. I believe the State and Collin County Orders were just fine. It indicated a desire to protect all businesses as essential. Do I want us to curb the tide? YES! I say let the business owners and citizens make their own risk assessment and do what is right for them and their neighbors.

In all fairness, I am single with no children so social distancing becomes pure isolation. I also don't want to have to carry 'papers' if/when they crack down. Although, since my office is in Dallas and we are an essential business, I have two copies of my new letter in the truck and one in my laptop bag.
Posted By: CCTX

Re: McKinney Mayor Sued... - 03/28/20 12:45 AM

Not directed at you

Re: McKinney Mayor Sued... - 03/28/20 12:48 AM

thanks
Posted By: Uncle Zeek

Re: McKinney Mayor Sued... - 03/28/20 01:19 AM

Originally Posted by Kentucky

I ain't touching this with a ten meter cattle prod ...
Posted By: bucksnbass357

Re: McKinney Mayor Sued... - 03/28/20 01:34 AM

Originally Posted by David Burton
Affluenza

Do I agree with Fuller's order?tNO. I believe the State and Collin County Orders were just fine. It indicated a desire to protect all businesses as essential. Do I want us to curb the tide? YES! I say let the business owners and citizens make their own risk assessment and do what is right for them and their neighbors.

In all fairness, I am single with no children so social distancing becomes pure isolation. I also don't want to have to carry 'papers' if/when they crack down. Although, since my office is in Dallas and we are an essential business, I have two copies of my new letter in the truck and one in my laptop bag.

So what does your letter state?

Who provided you with this letter?

Just curious, not knocking it
Posted By: PowerLizard

Re: McKinney Mayor Sued... - 03/28/20 02:05 AM

Originally Posted by bucksnbass357
Originally Posted by David Burton
Affluenza

So what does your letter state?

Who provided you with this letter?

Just curious, not knocking it

I have a travel letter in my truck. It states that the nature of the company I work for and how it meets the essential business definition. It states my name and my role in the company. It is signed by the President of the company and has his phone number if there are any questions.

The form letters are out on the internet. I am pretty sure the President’s admin found one, modified to work for us and let him review make his changes to it. We received a second travel letter that looks even more official than the first one. I know the attorney that our company uses did not create it because I talked to him about an upcoming fishing trip and that we already had travel letters and were good to go.

I am not aware of any of our employees being stopped to date. I think the letter just covers us in case we are in a car accident and the cop asks why are you out driving around in the first place.

Re: McKinney Mayor Sued... - 03/28/20 02:42 AM

Ours is more generic than this, without personalized names. It covers the company, and all subsidiaries... It is signed by the Chief Legal Counsel for our Company with a phone number. I also carry my Government ID when headed to work, that should get me covered for sure. flag
Originally Posted by PowerLizard

I have a travel letter in my truck. It states that the nature of the company I work for and how it meets the essential business definition. It states my name and my role in the company. It is signed by the President of the company and has his phone number if there are any questions.

The form letters are out on the internet. I am pretty sure the President’s admin found one, modified to work for us and let him review make his changes to it. We received a second travel letter that looks even more official than the first one. I know the attorney that our company uses did not create it because I talked to him about an upcoming fishing trip and that we already had travel letters and were good to go.

I am not aware of any of our employees being stopped to date. I think the letter just covers us in case we are in a car accident and the cop asks why are you out driving around in the first place.

flag
Posted By: RedRanger

Re: McKinney Mayor Sued... - 03/28/20 07:32 AM

McKinney is a mess.

They have on city council guy who they are trying to get out of office who said the police force is racist

Re: McKinney Mayor Sued... - 03/28/20 10:39 AM

Originally Posted by Don Collum
Thought it was a real estate firm and if so how can this be good for them under this very uncertain condition or all of N. Texas. hmmm

The argument is can a mayor over rule a county commissioner, which I don't think will happen and I think as of now the court system agrees with person whom filed the case against the mayor
Posted By: RO519

Re: McKinney Mayor Sued... - 03/28/20 01:56 PM

How dare you talk about a mayor getting sued during a time like this.

Namaste.
Posted By: Brian Spagnola

Re: McKinney Mayor Sued... - 03/28/20 02:18 PM

I find it funny there is a post on a McKinney fb group of the mayor and his wife in downtown on the square yestrday. They bought red shirts that support McKinney.

Feel like he should maybe listen to his own order.

Re: McKinney Mayor Sued... - 03/28/20 02:24 PM

Some idiot had to pull a gun at a teenager party, Seemed like he was fired

Re: McKinney Mayor Sued... - 03/28/20 02:30 PM

McKinney has it going there way lately

Posted By: H2O Seeker

Re: McKinney Mayor Sued... - 03/28/20 02:49 PM

Originally Posted by Uncle Zeek
Originally Posted by Kentucky

I ain't touching this with a ten meter cattle prod ...

New precedent... popcorn2
Posted By: 9094

Re: McKinney Mayor Sued... - 03/28/20 02:57 PM

I have wonder if any of these orders are legal under the constitution. Can a mayor or judge make this kind of order and enforce it?
Can they really arrest someone or fine someone for being out?

I know we need to do it but I’m tired of reading the threats by DAs, county judges and city mayors.
Especially in places where there have been zero cases and zero suspected cases like the little counties out here.
Small town businesses are tenuous in good times and these orders in these towns are going to make them ghost towns for many years to come.
Posted By: Don Collum

Re: McKinney Mayor Sued... - 03/28/20 03:36 PM

Originally Posted by RedRanger
Originally Posted by Don Collum

The argument is can a mayor over rule a county commissioner, which I don't think will happen and I think as of now the court system agrees with person whom filed the case against the mayor

My bad ,I did not have the full understanding but you clarified it for me. cool

Just got mother in law moved in with us and still regrouping my lack of judgement.
© 2024 Texas Fishing Forum