Texas Fishing Forum

Alone ?

Posted By: Trebor Neil

Alone ? - 03/21/20 02:54 PM

Dammitttt!!!!!!,

I hate this, usually I shed like water, most things, however, this is really getting to me.

Yesterday, my Son, who was returning from Mexico, drove into my driveway, stayed in his vehicle, and told me he couldn't stop and spend any time as he wouldn't take the chance of giving us any germs he may have contacted , felt bad as this was only the 2nd time in 16 years I have seen him and thought I may never see him again.

Just thought I should go to the store and get eggs, bread, and English muffins, I'M SCARED !!!, they have given me, at 87 yrs old, and been to many county fairs, fought a few heavy fights, and raised a healthy family, a fear of even leaving my home. Am I alone ? Hell, the stores are loaded.
Posted By: CCTX

Re: Alone ? - 03/21/20 03:03 PM

Your son loves you. You are not alone.
It was my mom’s birthday yesterday
On Wednesday, I took a shower and scrubbed with chlorhexidine then wiped down with chlorox wipes before entering her home. While I visited I maintained a six foot distance.

Until we have widely available testing we have to take lots of precautions

Give your son a phone call

I would avoid stores if possible.
Posted By: Brian Spagnola

Re: Alone ? - 03/21/20 03:04 PM

Hang in there buddy!
Posted By: Spiderman

Well your son was right. You are definitely a high risk candidate and should be cautious.

You could go when stores 1st open and pick up a few things from a list and probably be ok. Less customers, less chance of contact with the virus.
Posted By: junbengreat

Have no fear Trebor75672. This shall pass and the world will go back to normal
Posted By: CCTX

Re: Alone ? - 03/21/20 03:06 PM

^^^^this also. I think people will practice better hygiene and caution going forward.
Posted By: steveiam

Re: Alone ? - 03/21/20 03:08 PM

Sorry you are hurting trebor-
This situation we are in DOES suck right now, it just does-
I have a lot of respect for you and things you have done in your life-
I know you have to be very disturbed for you to post this-

Hang in there buddy-
Posted By: Bruce's

Re: Alone ? - 03/21/20 03:12 PM

Trebor Neil

Right there with you. have been on lock down for a week now. My wife stays on the second floor of the house to avoid contact with me. Shes been going out daily. And doing the things i normally do.
Yesterday my son came by. He brought a six pack. I was already stocked with beer. We drank i in the drive while he stayed in the truck. Very weird and lonely when you think about how much time we spend together.
Posted By: RedRanger

Re: Alone ? - 03/21/20 03:12 PM

Posted By: Chug-bug-bang1

Re: Alone ? - 03/21/20 03:17 PM

Treb:

We got your back
Posted By: Jpurdue

Re: Alone ? - 03/21/20 03:23 PM

Hang tight. Stay safe. Stay strong! Hopefully you'll get to see your son for an extended visit as soon as this blows over.
Posted By: TexDawg

Re: Alone ? - 03/21/20 03:24 PM

I really haven’t gone anywhere in the past several days, however, my son, home from college, is hanging out with his gf and buddies going in and out of the house all the time. I told him if he brings that virus home he will pay dearly
Posted By: Uncle Zeek

Re: Alone ? - 03/21/20 03:25 PM

Have a patio visit in the backyard - drink a couple beers (or coffee, or whatever). If it helps both of you feel better, give him his stuff in disposable or travel mugs.

Be practical - probably not a good idea to hug, but sitting across a patio table and visiting ought to be reasonably safe.
Posted By: Bandit 200 XP

Re: Alone ? - 03/21/20 03:27 PM

I think we should stay home from work with pay for 6 months
Posted By: DanDaBald

Re: Alone ? - 03/21/20 03:30 PM

Hang in there Trebor - it'll all work out the way it's s'posed to . . . .
Posted By: Curt0407

Re: Alone ? - 03/21/20 03:58 PM

It's sad when it starts affecting family relationships. I had stopped by my niece's place a couple of days ago. Her kids are out of school due to the plague scare. I was sitting in my truck talking to her so I could minimize contact with her numerous kids. Her mom had already told her kids to stay away from contacting people. Her 6 year old daughter came storming out of the house to hug me. Her mom told her to stop and back away from the truck. She had actually stepped up on the step rail to reach in the window for me. The terrible thing is I actually flinched away from her. She was devastated. Never happen again. If I can't return a child's love, then to heck with it. I will take my chances with the bug.
Posted By: Patriot Guard Rider

Re: Alone ? - 03/21/20 04:01 PM

This is our eighth day of keeping to ourselves. My wife and I are both a few weeks away from turning 75 and we're just not going out amongst the masses. I tried to do an online pickup order from Kroger but it took four days to get about half of what I ordered so we did have to go into a store yesterday to try to pick up a few extra things. I did notice that last week just a few folks were wearing gloves and/or masks. Now it appears to be about 50% doing so.

I hope this social distancing stuff helps reduce the danger of this virus. There are times when I thing we may be acting silly (especially those that are hoarding), but if we greatly reduce the spread and the number of deaths they it will be worth it to say we overreacted.
Posted By: Icepick

Re: Alone ? - 03/21/20 04:09 PM

I went by to see my 82 year old father Wednesday. We visited without coming any closer than about 10 feet. He's being as careful as he can and it was very strange for both of us. He's had to stop seeing mom at the nursing facility and can't go to church. It's hard on everyone but especially the seniors.
Posted By: John175☮

Re: Alone ? - 03/21/20 04:09 PM

Don't feel alone. We're all in it together! He was thinking of you and made sure to keep you safe.
Posted By: Scagnetti

Re: Alone ? - 03/21/20 04:14 PM

[Linked Image]
Posted By: Curt0407

Re: Alone ? - 03/21/20 04:20 PM

Good find Scags. It's all a matter of perspective.
Posted By: dafanman

Re: Alone ? - 03/21/20 05:18 PM

I just returned for a HEB and for all of the precautions they have taken, I find they missed 1 thing: nobody is wiping down the dividers used to separate customers orders,
I mentioned it to store management as I was leaving, hopefully they take that into consideration.

Then went to my daughters house to drop some stuff off and pick some stuff up and it was very strange to not be able to hug her frown

Fortunately I will be able to face time with her banana

Re: Alone ? - 03/21/20 06:00 PM

Originally Posted by Scagnetti
[Linked Image]

Spags, Thanks,
Believe me the staying at home dosen't bother me a bit, I' m just pi--ed at the present conditions the world is in, I have spent my time in Hell, and worn out a few pair of combat/jump boots, trying never to, complain.

However, thanks for the posting.
Posted By: rj74955

Re: Alone ? - 03/21/20 06:28 PM

My elderly folks are just the opposite, they just came in last night from being on the road since late January. They travel with BASS, FLW, and MLF. You can bet there was a bunch of hugging going on. When you get to be my age, and especially THEIR age, it's pretty obvious that the clock is ticking. No way in hell are we going to avoid each other from fear.
Posted By: Bigbob_FTW

Re: Alone ? - 03/21/20 07:00 PM

You always have us!
Posted By: flee fly

Re: Alone ? - 03/21/20 07:44 PM

It’s getting pretty boring for me too, but we’ve got to do what we’ve go to do. Just think what it would be like if we didn’t have the tff, there is some pretty amazing people on here
Posted By: Rayzor

Re: Alone ? - 03/21/20 07:54 PM

Trebor - you have to do whatever it takes to stay healthy. If that means donning a mask, then do it. If it means keeping your distance from other people, then do it. This will pass and when it is over, you definitely need to make arrangements to see your Son.
Posted By: TexDawg

Re: Alone ? - 03/21/20 07:59 PM

Interesting observation today, families walking the hood, seems everyone is doing yard work or something around the house. It’s like there is life pumped back into the hood, circa the 1960s if you will
Posted By: gander

Re: Alone ? - 03/21/20 08:00 PM

Originally Posted by rj74955
My elderly folks are just the opposite, they just came in last night from being on the road since late January. They travel with BASS, FLW, and MLF. You can bet there was a bunch of hugging going on. When you get to be my age, and especially THEIR age, it's pretty obvious that the clock is ticking. No way in hell are we going to avoid each other from fear.

thumb
Posted By: Scagnetti

Re: Alone ? - 03/21/20 08:32 PM

Originally Posted by TexDawg
Interesting observation today, families walking the hood, seems everyone is doing yard work or something around the house. It’s like there is life pumped back into the hood, circa the 1960s if you will

Street traffic has to be down by at least 40% in my neighborhood

It’s very weird to see rush hour traffic be so minimal
Posted By: hopalong

Re: Alone ? - 03/21/20 10:30 PM

I was gonna come by then decided betty would shoot me if my allergies kicked in and I sneezed.

seriously, holler at me later in the week, I will be back at the lake fri. and may bring a surprise over sat.

how many times do I honk to let y'all know not to shoot? grin

Re: Alone ? - 03/22/20 12:46 AM

Hop,
In your case she is well trained (Think Fans)

Door bell will really work well.

Re: Alone ? - 03/22/20 12:54 AM

Originally Posted by Trebor Neil
Hop,
In your case she is well trained (Think Fans)

Door bell will really work well.

grin thumb
Posted By: 2Gs

Re: Alone ? - 03/22/20 02:19 AM

Originally Posted by Bandit 200 XP

Who do you suggest pays for that?
Posted By: Bandit 200 XP

Re: Alone ? - 03/22/20 05:17 PM

Originally Posted by 2Gs

Go Fund Me
Posted By: 2Gs

Re: Alone ? - 03/22/20 11:05 PM

Originally Posted by 2Gs

Go Fund Me

LOL

Re: Alone ? - 03/22/20 11:10 PM

Originally Posted by 2Gs
Originally Posted by 2Gs

Go Fund Me

LOL

hmmmmmm, I wonder how many millions you could raise with that? grin
Posted By: bronco71

Re: Alone ? - 03/22/20 11:16 PM

I already do that on a permanent basis banana
Posted By: Nathan at Fork

Re: Alone ? - 03/22/20 11:57 PM

Im just right up the road from you. IF you need anything just let me know.
Posted By: Jeff Schiller

Re: Alone ? - 03/23/20 01:10 AM

It' s amazing to think how much the human was made to commune with other humans. This isolation isn't what was intended.
That being said, don't forget there are some really good electronic means to do face-to-face communicating: Facebook (face time), google (hangouts) are two that come right to mind.
Use the technology to help you get through and remember that everyone is in the same boat. We all have something to talk about now. grin
Posted By: David Welcher

Re: Alone ? - 03/23/20 01:27 AM

I have a Uncle who turns 100 on Saturday the 28th. We were gonna have a big get together, but not now. He was an MP officer and also served as a cheaufer for Dwight D. Eisenhower in WWII when they entered one of the concentration camps, he doesn't like to talk about it, but Eisenhower told everyone there to take every available picture they could. I hope this ends soon with the warm weather coming on.
Posted By: DanDaBald

Re: Alone ? - 03/23/20 02:08 AM

Go see him and give him a "Welcome Home Soldier" for me. Dangit, PM me the address and I'll go see him.
Posted By: Bassman_78

Re: Alone ? - 03/23/20 04:01 AM

I don't have any answers, but I'm sorry for the situation you are in sir
Posted By: Patriot Guard Rider

Re: Alone ? - 03/23/20 11:03 AM

I am normally in the "government or nobody else should interfere with my freedoms" group. But, all the info I can find tells me that this covid issue is very serious for those like me and my wife, who are both a few weeks away from the age of 75. We have been staying at home for about 11 days now, and have only ventured out once to pick up a grocery curbside order last Friday.

Until everyone gets onboard with the self-isolation theory this thing will just get worse. Some younger (than mine) generations are thinking this won't affect them, but I've seen some numbers in the past few days that indicate that over 50% of those testing positive are in the 18-49 year old age group. And, there was just a story on the Channel 11 news that a 12 year old girl is in critical condition, (and on a vent) in an Atlanta hospital. It's should concern all of us, and it will just keep getting worse until we all agree to abide by the rules of the folks in charge.

I have one question for all who claim this is fake/overblown/etc. How many would need to die, or would need to potentially die, in order for you to support extreme measures?
Posted By: Okie Poke

Re: Alone ? - 03/23/20 12:05 PM

Hang in there, Trebor, and take all precautions. We've been in AR at vaca home for the last 5 days. Driving back last night was every bit of an eerie feeling. Drove through 3 states and nothing going on anywhere. No other way to put it but eerie, or down right scary.

I am afraid that this week most everyone will realize that this virus is for real. We need some consistent heat and sunshine to get this dude outta here.
© 2024 Texas Fishing Forum