Smart Thermostats

Posted By: J.P. Greeson

Smart Thermostats - 02/23/20 12:33 PM

Looking at this one.

https://www.amazon.com/Emerson-Ther...t&qid=1582460993&s=hi&sr=1-2

[Linked Image]
Posted By: Bruce's

Re: Smart Thermostats - 02/23/20 12:43 PM

Those are the ones i have in each room. They were installed when we had the a/c done. so i dint chose them.
They work well. Every room in our house has a damper
So we only heat or cool the rooms we are in. Very cost efficient.
Posted By: AmpedUp

Re: Smart Thermostats - 02/23/20 02:09 PM

Best decision every made!!
Put one at our Lake House and its wonderful!! can adjust it from any where so it will be cool in the summertime and warm in the winter time when we get there!! woot
Posted By: lakeforkfisherman

Re: Smart Thermostats - 02/23/20 02:47 PM

We have Nest. Works great. They all do about the same thing.
Posted By: cocodrie

Re: Smart Thermostats - 02/23/20 02:51 PM

I had that one at my old house. Did great for controlling it from out of town and such. Not many other features which in this case was just fine
Posted By: John175☮

Re: Smart Thermostats - 02/23/20 02:55 PM

I like the price!

We have Honeywell WiFi thermostats. $$$$
Posted By: HasBen

Re: Smart Thermostats - 02/23/20 03:15 PM

We have had Nest for a couple of years. It will do more than I ever ask.
Posted By: bronco71

Re: Smart Thermostats - 02/23/20 03:56 PM

I have the Nest. I like the fact that it can be put on heat/cool mode without needing to manually switch. Great for those warm days with cold nights that we sometimes get here. Plus being able to adjust temperatures from smart phone is great too.

Re: Smart Thermostats - 02/23/20 04:05 PM

Originally Posted by John175☮
I like the price!

I read the the Honeywells have a problem with constantly turning the air on and off when there are minute changes in temperature.
Posted By: ReelBusy

Re: Smart Thermostats - 02/23/20 04:16 PM

I can see where that would be great for rental property. My HVAC guy told me it's best to set and forget the temp on the higher SEER units as they hit their best efficiency on long run times instead of up and down temp cycling. So I have programmable thermostats that get changed a few times a year and that's it. YMMV
Posted By: flee fly

Re: Smart Thermostats - 02/23/20 05:26 PM

Going to get them put into rental properties in Myrtle Beach. When vacant I can control units from here, as long as the internet is up and running
Posted By: fishmagnet

Re: Smart Thermostats - 02/23/20 05:36 PM

[Linked Image]
We've had these Honeywell stats in our home, upstairs-downstairs, for over five years, no problem.
My brother also has these at all six of his regional offices throughout Texas, have worked flawlessly.
Good luck whatever you decide!
Posted By: Canino

Re: Smart Thermostats - 02/23/20 06:05 PM

I've had the Sensi ones for several years. They work great now, but for a while they were trouble.

The problem was they were using an older wifi protocol or state that most devices don't use any more, and my WAP either wasn't keeping the state correctly or it was badly implemented on one end or the other. So they would go offline frequently.

Either Sensi updated their firmware or one of the firmware upgrades on my WAP fixed it, and they've been rock solid for about a year now. Just something to be aware of - make sure your devices are all on current firmware.

Re: Smart Thermostats - 02/23/20 06:22 PM

Originally Posted by J.P. Greeson
Originally Posted by John175☮
I like the price!

I read the the Honeywells have a problem with constantly turning the air on and off when there are minute changes in temperature.

Never had a problem with them.

Every month I get an email from them on our system usage. Wife works from home now so we can see the increase year over year.

[Linked Image]

Re: Smart Thermostats - 02/23/20 06:22 PM

Originally Posted by fishmagnet
[Linked Image]
We've had these Honeywell stats in our home, upstairs-downstairs, for over five years, no problem.
My brother also has these at all six of his regional offices throughout Texas, have worked flawlessly.
Good luck whatever you decide!

That's good to know. I've always liked the Honeywells.

Re: Smart Thermostats - 02/23/20 06:25 PM

This one looks nice and a small upgrade from the one above.

https://www.amazon.com/Honeywell-TH...ix=honeywell+ther%2Caps%2C289&sr=8-8

[Linked Image]
Posted By: RonL

Re: Smart Thermostats - 02/23/20 06:29 PM

Where i live if i want one TXU will install one free but i always wonder if an outsider could hack it and make it change where I don’t want it to ?

Re: Smart Thermostats - 02/23/20 06:31 PM

Originally Posted by RonL
Where i live if i want one TXU will install one free but i always wonder if an outsider could hack it and make it change where I don’t want it to ?

It's on WiFi but you have to log in to a site to change it remote. Secure password should do it.

I have most things at the house through smart apps. From Crock Pot to my smoker...Garage door was the last. Wanted to be able to check if the garage door was left open because life happens.

NEXX Garage NXG-100b Smart WiFi Remotely Control Existing Garage Opener

https://www.amazon.com/gp/product/B07H57NPRV/ref=ppx_yo_dt_b_search_asin_title?ie=UTF8&psc=1
Posted By: outfishdya

Re: Smart Thermostats - 02/24/20 03:02 AM

The devices dont really do anything different than the next.
I would check out the applications and see which app has more to offer. It is the interface you will deal with anyway.
It should be easy to schedule, and you want it to automatically switch heat/cool modes.
Posted By: BigDozer66

Re: Smart Thermostats - 02/24/20 03:15 AM

I sell Air Conditioning stuff for a living and we sell a lot of Honeywell T-Stats.

I had a Vision Pro 8000 series on my house for years but switched it out last year when they brought out the T6 WiFi models.

I didn't swap it because there was anything wrong with the 8000 but I needed to know how the new one operated so I could recommend it and help contractors with setting them up. thumb
Posted By: Lakhota

Re: Smart Thermostats - 02/24/20 12:12 PM

We use the Honeywell 8000, T6, and T4 and I really like them. They are easy to install and program and we have very little issues with them. The only things I would change is how you lock them and to have a little larger over ride on the temp.
Posted By: tmd11111

Re: Smart Thermostats - 02/24/20 12:19 PM

Bought my wife a Nest for Christmas. She's a tech geek and loves it and doesn't complain when I go fishing. Win WIn
Posted By: Jpurdue

Re: Smart Thermostats - 02/24/20 01:12 PM

I have Ecobee's. They work great. They come with remote temperature sensors that detect occupancy to optimize efficiency. Certain models also come with Amazon Alexa if such things interest you.
Posted By: Stump jumper

Re: Smart Thermostats - 02/24/20 06:48 PM

Originally Posted by Bruce's
Those are the ones i have in each room. They were installed when we had the a/c done. so i dint chose them.

My A/C does not recommend closing dampers. Something about the system running more efficiently with them open. I can see a WIFI thermostat in a 2nd home that might only be occupied for short periods. but a programmable serves my needs just fine.
Posted By: Fish Killer

Re: Smart Thermostats - 02/24/20 06:55 PM

I got two Ecobee's sitting in my closet, that I got from work. If you need one let me know.
Posted By: LyonSanks

Re: Smart Thermostats - 09/07/20 05:09 PM

Hello...i have a Honeywell WiFi 7-Day Programmable Thermostat that we got from Menards and it works pleasantly. I never thought we'd have something like this in our home… to have the option to alter the indoor regulator from anyplace we are… yet it's been truly helpful! I think Mendards is having a 11% off right now as well.

pcb design for manufacturing and assembly guide
Posted By: meP2too

Re: Smart Thermostats - 09/08/20 02:27 AM

Originally Posted by Bruce's

Hopefully you also have a variable speed fan on your ac unit . Without it too many closed dampers could burn up a single speed fan motor from back pressure.
Posted By: SkeeterRonnie

Re: Smart Thermostats - 09/08/20 12:11 PM

we use the Ecobee. had had it since we built our barndo. I love it! It's a wifi one, with smart settings if desired.
Posted By: TCK73

Re: Smart Thermostats - 09/08/20 12:34 PM

I like ours, it is a Daiken, and came with the new unit. I set the programming on it, tweaked it twice and it has not been touched since.
© 2024 Texas Fishing Forum