Texas Fishing Forum

Here’s a question that could get heated

Posted By: Chug-bug-bang1

Here’s a question that could get heated - 02/22/20 04:17 PM

As the actor or comedian whose political beefs and or a certain lifestyle they live lead you to determine whether to watch them or not perform in a movie, tv show, or on stage?

Loaded question I know...........

Thoughts please
Posted By: MBradford

Re: Here’s a question that could get heated - 02/22/20 04:20 PM

Nope.
Posted By: Urban Fisher

Re: Here’s a question that could get heated - 02/22/20 04:24 PM

I only watch reality shows like Swamp People, Nova or The Curse of Oak Island. Then the other 90% of my tv watching time is watching the Motor Trend channel. I haven’t watched an actual movie in probably 20 years! So when it comes to “professional” actors, I could careless what their political views are.
Posted By: Curt0407

Re: Here’s a question that could get heated - 02/22/20 04:29 PM

Yes. I think that there are many a talented actor out there, however, we do not pay their outrageous salaries to hear their sometimes goofy political spouting. I am sure that there are a bunch of them that are wackos that keep their mouths shut. There are enough movies and TV programs out there to watch so that I can choose not to watch the rabid political wackos.
Posted By: TexDawg

Re: Here’s a question that could get heated - 02/22/20 04:30 PM

I mostly watch sports, so technically I’m sure many of the athletes participating in those sports don’t share the same political views as I do. That’s fine, unless they begin to use their fame and fortune to publicly push an agenda I disagree with, then I find it to be off putting
Posted By: T Bird

Re: Here’s a question that could get heated - 02/22/20 04:35 PM

Absolutely yes.

Why in the world watch or God forgive pay to see someone perform that I don't care for?

Gotta be a Dr. Phil psychological term for those that do.
Posted By: Bigbob_FTW

Re: Here’s a question that could get heated - 02/22/20 04:42 PM

No.
Posted By: John175☮

Re: Here’s a question that could get heated - 02/22/20 04:47 PM

Nope. I can enjoy with the person they are pretending to be.
Posted By: Westside.

Re: Here’s a question that could get heated - 02/22/20 04:48 PM

Originally Posted by Bigbob_FTW
No.
Posted By: fmrmbmlm

Re: Here’s a question that could get heated - 02/22/20 05:16 PM

Have a few, but Sylvester Stallone and Jane Fonda tie for number one.
Posted By: silvers

Re: Here’s a question that could get heated - 02/22/20 05:25 PM

I watch bill m on hbo from time to time just to look at other perspectives, the left has not proven anything to me yet
Posted By: hopalong

Re: Here’s a question that could get heated - 02/22/20 05:28 PM

insp channel, motor trend, fox news are 95% of what I watch, the other is whatever rerun movie interests me.

yes I do avoid those whom I do not agree with, why would you pay someone to not like them by buying tickets to their performance?
Posted By: Hook'em79

Re: Here’s a question that could get heated - 02/22/20 05:42 PM

I try to avoid them if I can.
Posted By: RayBob

Re: Here’s a question that could get heated - 02/22/20 05:55 PM

Yep, there's some I won't watch. If your a dumbazz enough to think your self important views need to be broadcast then my self important sensibilities are offended enough to say I don't need to watch you.

I'm not offended by any of their lifestyles. They don't thrust them(lifestyles) on me like they do their political views. Screw their pompous political pontificating selves.
Posted By: RonL

Re: Here’s a question that could get heated - 02/22/20 06:00 PM

I have my favorite stars i watch but if they become radical , political or abusive in any way they are dropped from my list . But truthfully now days my like list is very very short ! Me and the wife don’t watch R rated movies or any shows with foul language .
Posted By: RayBob

Re: Here’s a question that could get heated - 02/22/20 06:04 PM

Originally Posted by RonL
I have my favorite stars i watch but if they become radical , political or abusive in any way they are dropped from my list . But truthfully now days my like list is very very short ! Me and the wife don’t watch R rated movies or any shows with foul language .

That does make a short list.
Posted By: Mark Perry

Re: Here’s a question that could get heated - 02/22/20 06:08 PM

No
Posted By: H.Town_paddler

Re: Here’s a question that could get heated - 02/22/20 06:15 PM

No. But I don’t really know many Stars personal views. I don’t watch them unless it’s in a movie or tv show.
Posted By: Duck_Hunter

Re: Here’s a question that could get heated - 02/22/20 06:18 PM

No
Posted By: Indianation65

Re: Here’s a question that could get heated - 02/22/20 06:48 PM

I have read the initial question multiple times, (I think it's a question) and the phraseology is a bit confusing, and overall, it could use some touch-up paint.

I believe the sentence should start with the word "does."

Regardless, my answer is a big, fat resounding, "Yes."

My latest decision as to whether I will watch more of his work or not pertains to Brad Pitt. He couldn't just accept is trophy without spouting off, as if anyone cares what he thinks of politics. I have always liked Brad Pitt, even when he was on "Dallas" during the lean years.

...------

Re: Here’s a question that could get heated - 02/22/20 06:49 PM

I figure its no different than someone on here or on FB thinking we all are interested in their political opinions
Posted By: HasBen

Re: Here’s a question that could get heated - 02/22/20 06:55 PM

No one in particular, except Jane Fonda. You would had to have been around during Vietnam Nam to understand some people’s feelings toward her.
Posted By: TR176

Re: Here’s a question that could get heated - 02/22/20 06:57 PM

It has to be pretty egregious for it to enter in my decisions. For example I will not watch Kathy Griffin at any level. But in reality she is just a second rate washed up irrelevant has been, so what diff does it make.
Posted By: Curt0407

Re: Here’s a question that could get heated - 02/22/20 06:57 PM

Originally Posted by Mark Perry
I figure its no different than someone on here or on FB thinking we all are interested in theur political opinions

That is what the Bunker is for. Bunkerites are interested in what others think and go there on purpose. Of course, we can always change channels if offended.
Posted By: TR176

Re: Here’s a question that could get heated - 02/22/20 06:59 PM

Originally Posted by Urban Fisher
I only watch reality shows like Swamp People, Nova or The Curse of Oak Island. Then the other 90% of my tv watching time is watching the Motor Trend channel. I haven’t watched an actual movie in probably 20 years! So when it comes to “professional” actors, I could careless what their political views are.

You should make a movie and call it Renaissance Man.
Posted By: crankn101

Re: Here’s a question that could get heated - 02/22/20 07:02 PM

For sure
Posted By: ko bass attack 27

Re: Here’s a question that could get heated - 02/22/20 07:02 PM

I figure its no different than someone on here or on FB thinking we all are interested in theur political opinions

Exactly, you're a wise man Mark Perry.
Posted By: crankn101

Re: Here’s a question that could get heated - 02/22/20 07:05 PM

I try my hardest to not fund people or organizations that go against my beliefs. Thats like a hunter willingly giving money to PETA, makes no sense to me.

Re: Here’s a question that could get heated - 02/22/20 07:09 PM

Originally Posted by Curt0407

That is what the Bunker is for. Bunkerites are interested in what others think and go there on purpose. Of course, we can always change channels if offended.

It leaks its way into other sections on here though. I am not complaining as I just ignore it and move on. Some folks are ate up with politics and drag it into everything.

I get a bigger kick out of the the contradictory nature of when a young person rants they are a snowflake but when an older person do it they are a patriot.... roflmao
Posted By: Patriot Guard Rider

Re: Here’s a question that could get heated - 02/22/20 07:18 PM

Quite a few pizz me off with their "I'm important so you should listen to me" attitudes, but being a Vietnam vet the only one I never watch in anything is Hanoi Jane. She's the only one I consider a traitor and guilty of treason.
Posted By: deerfeeder

Re: Here’s a question that could get heated - 02/22/20 07:24 PM

Not gonna support their lifestyle or beliefs, especially financially.
Posted By: Westside.

Re: Here’s a question that could get heated - 02/22/20 07:30 PM

When it comes to entertainers, whether it be actors, musicians, athletes etc...I just simply want to be entertained, I don't give a damn about their political views or lifestyles, and don't listen to their rhetoric about it.

Re: Here’s a question that could get heated - 02/22/20 07:32 PM

A little more than rhetoric.

[Linked Image]
Posted By: T Bird

Re: Here’s a question that could get heated - 02/22/20 07:52 PM

Originally Posted by T Bird
Absolutely yes.

Why in the world watch or God forgive pay to see someone perform that I don't care for?

Going to reverse my position slightly by saying there are a few I will overlook their silly political, religious, sexual preference etc. to watch in a good movie, but not many.
Posted By: Jon

Re: Here’s a question that could get heated - 02/22/20 08:03 PM

Originally Posted by Westside.
When it comes to entertainers, whether it be actors, musicians, athletes etc...I just simply want to be entertained, I don't give a damn about their political views or lifestyles, and don't listen to their rhetoric about it.

My same view in a nutshell.
Posted By: Bigbob_FTW

Re: Here’s a question that could get heated - 02/22/20 08:28 PM

Originally Posted by HasBen
No one in particular, except Jane Fonda. You would had to have been around during Vietnam Nam to understand some people’s feelings toward her.

Well understand. F her.
Posted By: flee fly

Re: Here’s a question that could get heated - 02/22/20 09:25 PM

Why would I give money to a person that will turn around and use it against me or my cause
Posted By: Samsonsworld

Re: Here’s a question that could get heated - 02/22/20 09:29 PM

Originally Posted by Chug-bug-bang1
As the actor or comedian whose political beefs and or a certain lifestyle they live lead you to determine whether to watch them or not perform in a movie, tv show, or on stage?

Thoughts please

If your faith is placed anywhere but in God, you're in for disappointment.
Posted By: Arkansas10 bass

Re: Here’s a question that could get heated - 02/22/20 09:31 PM

Originally Posted by RayBob
Yep, there's some I won't watch. If your a dumbazz enough to think your self important views need to be broadcast then my self important sensibilities are offended enough to say I don't need to watch you.

I'm not offended by any of their lifestyles. They don't thrust them(lifestyles) on me like they do their political views. Screw their pompous political pontificating selves.

Pretty much sums it up.
Posted By: Tallgrass05

Re: Here’s a question that could get heated - 02/22/20 09:55 PM

What will the Clint Eastwood fans do now that he's dumped Trump?
Posted By: JCG57

Re: Here’s a question that could get heated - 02/22/20 10:07 PM

Originally Posted by Tallgrass05
What will the Clint Eastwood fans do now that he's dumped Trump?

Vote for Trump. What will you do?
Posted By: OTFF

Re: Here’s a question that could get heated - 02/22/20 10:12 PM

Absolutely. I don’t waste time on stupid. You’re an actor. You pretend for a living. What do you know about the real world. You get paid a ridiculous amount of money for nothing of any value. Same with athletes. You play a game and are athletically gifted. Both actors and athletes should get minimum wage.
Posted By: uncle_bagster

Re: Here’s a question that could get heated - 02/22/20 10:13 PM

Two of my favorite stars were the Turtle Man, and Jerry Campbell, the hog catcher. Given my taste in entertainers, I'm probably not qualified to enter into this discussion.
Posted By: Samsonsworld

Re: Here’s a question that could get heated - 02/22/20 10:15 PM

John Wayne says Clint is a [censored] cat.
Posted By: BigDozer66

Re: Here’s a question that could get heated - 02/22/20 10:48 PM

Originally Posted by T Bird
Absolutely yes.

cheers
Posted By: Dan90210 ☮

Re: Here’s a question that could get heated - 02/22/20 10:54 PM

This thread reminds me... I need to go burn all my R Kelly CDs.
Posted By: Blue Moon

Re: Here’s a question that could get heated - 02/22/20 11:20 PM

...the actor or comedian whose political beefs and or a certain lifestyle they live lead you to determine whether to watch them or not perform in a movie, tv show, or on stage?

Thoughts please

Over the years I’ve found if I leave my own self-righteousness at home, it’s usually possible to dissociate great acting from personal politics and enjoy the performance.

Re: Here’s a question that could get heated - 02/22/20 11:26 PM

Originally Posted by Dan90210 ☮

I peed on mine
Posted By: mattm

Re: Here’s a question that could get heated - 02/22/20 11:57 PM

Originally Posted by Blue Moon
...the actor or comedian whose political beefs and or a certain lifestyle they live lead you to determine whether to watch them or not perform in a movie, tv show, or on stage?

Thoughts please

Over the years I’ve found if I leave my own self-righteousness at home, it’s usually possible to dissociate great acting from personal politics and enjoy the performance.

Yup

Re: Here’s a question that could get heated - 02/22/20 11:58 PM

Clint Eastwood backed Bloomberg today. You guys giving up The Good The Bad and The Ugly?

Re: Here’s a question that could get heated - 02/23/20 12:00 AM

Originally Posted by mattm
Clint Eastwood backed Bloomberg today. You guys giving up The Good The Bad and The Ugly?

He did that on page 3. I’m over it now.

Re: Here’s a question that could get heated - 02/23/20 12:06 AM

It was only 7 posts ago.
Posted By: TexDawg

Re: Here’s a question that could get heated - 02/23/20 12:19 AM

I gave up the good the bad and the ugly because I’ve seen it several hundred times
Posted By: Bentman63

Re: Here’s a question that could get heated - 02/23/20 12:28 AM

Liberals are full of hate for others that have different views. So, I avoid supporting them
Posted By: Dan90210 ☮

Re: Here’s a question that could get heated - 02/23/20 03:35 AM

Originally Posted by John175☮

I peed on mine

That's how I put the fire out.
Posted By: Trebor Neil

Re: Here’s a question that could get heated - 02/23/20 04:46 AM

YEP!!!!

IMO Jane Fonda can burn in hell

The world is full of outstanding actors and theater, I can easily be fussy.
Posted By: Oldrabbit

Re: Here’s a question that could get heated - 02/23/20 02:37 PM

Originally Posted by TR176
It has to be pretty egregious for it to enter in my decisions. For example I will not watch Kathy Griffin at any level. But in reality she is just a second rate washed up irrelevant has been, so what diff does it make.

I agree with the above, anything that has Jane Fonda in it will not get watched.
Posted By: CCTX

Re: Here’s a question that could get heated - 02/23/20 02:41 PM

No
Respecting various opinions and evaluating issues from different perspectives is part of what makes America great.
Posted By: Jimbo

Re: Here’s a question that could get heated - 02/23/20 02:48 PM

Originally Posted by mattm

He probably told them, "yeah, now get off my lawn!"

Re: Here’s a question that could get heated - 02/23/20 02:53 PM

Originally Posted by CCTX
No
Respecting various opinions and evaluating issues from different perspectives is part of what makes America great.

I believe you cross a line when you visit enemy gun placements during a war against America and have your picture taken with the enemy. Seems a little more than having “different perspectives“.

Re: Here’s a question that could get heated - 02/23/20 03:11 PM

Originally Posted by John175☮

I peed on mine

That's how I put the fire out.

#othard
Posted By: WAWI

Re: Here’s a question that could get heated - 02/23/20 03:18 PM

I dont think surrounding yourself with opinions exactly like you have is healthy, probably a little right and a little wrong with everyone's thoughts on politics, morals etc. Never hurts to ponder the other sides positions.
Posted By: Bob Davis

Re: Here’s a question that could get heated - 02/23/20 03:18 PM

Actors and actresses using their fame and fanbase to influence libtards thoughts and how to vote, is as bad as high school teachers and professors using their power to sexually seduce their students. Unable to process logic, liberals are easily influenced and they migrate towards free, shiny, and feel good things. It is morally criminal what some of these famous and notorius people do.
Posted By: 9094

Re: Here’s a question that could get heated - 02/23/20 03:52 PM

There are a few that are so hateful and nasty like DeNiro and a few others that I have decided not to watch any movies they are in. Mostly because I can’t get their nasty real life image out of my head.
The others that just make a random joke or comment I can still enjoy their acting. Their political leanings don’t bother me as much as their attitudes.
Posted By: hopalong

Re: Here’s a question that could get heated - 02/23/20 04:03 PM

Originally Posted by Curt0407

It leaks its way into other sections on here though. I am not complaining as I just ignore it and move on. Some folks are ate up with politics and drag it into everything.

I get a bigger kick out of the the contradictory nature of when a young person rants they are a snowflake but when an older person do it they are a patriot.... roflmao

one rants about not getting free stuff from the goobers, the other rants about having to pay for it.
Posted By: steveiam

Re: Here’s a question that could get heated - 02/23/20 04:18 PM

Having a different opinion is one thing, asking me stupid and other similar statements is over my line-

And you guys do know Clint is dead now don’t you?
Posted By: Allison1

Re: Here’s a question that could get heated - 02/23/20 05:59 PM

In the Line of Fire just ended. Up next, Joe Kidd.

Don't get upset, I'll watch Home Alone 2 and Eddie too.
Posted By: Gusick

Re: Here’s a question that could get heated - 02/23/20 07:42 PM

I don't care.
© 2024 Texas Fishing Forum