Texas Fishing Forum

Worst Places to live in Texas...Science and an effeminate guy on You Tube have answers!

Posted By: Dan90210 ☮

Worst Places to live in Texas...Science and an effeminate guy on You Tube have answers! - 02/15/20 07:47 PM

This is per an effeminate guy on You Tube who looked at crime, household income, unemployment, and weather and some other stuff... I dont know man!

So its very science based and must be true.

10. Rio Grande City
9. Freeport
8. Weslaco
7. Tomball
6. Vidor
5. Mercedes
4. Galveston
3. Donna
2. Port Arthur

And... drum roll please. Per the effeminate guy on You Tube, the worst place to live in Texas is...

JACKSONVILLE!

Horray Jacksonville! cheer

Here is the link if you want to see for yourself. https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=wrxYKuqaVhI

Re: Worst Places to live in Texas...Science and an effeminate guy on You Tube have answers! - 02/15/20 07:49 PM

Arlington did not make the list... So Ratz and Butch, hold your heads high gentleman! As you laugh at the Rio Grande Valley for being so poor and crime ridden!
Posted By: silvers

Re: Worst Places to live in Texas...Science and an effeminate guy on You Tube have answers! - 02/15/20 08:14 PM

South Texas, our Hispanic brothers don’t like that [censored]
Posted By: Monty Wright

Re: Worst Places to live in Texas...Science and an effeminate guy on You Tube have answers! - 02/15/20 08:18 PM

The Valley and the Gulf Coast confused
Posted By: CCTX

Re: Worst Places to live in Texas...Science and an effeminate guy on You Tube have answers! - 02/15/20 08:41 PM

Driven through Jacksonville multiple times. Didn’t look too bad.
Rest of the list looks about right.
Posted By: kjwolvy

Re: Worst Places to live in Texas...Science and an effeminate guy on You Tube have answers! - 02/15/20 08:43 PM

Ballinger.
Posted By: BCBassCat

Re: Worst Places to live in Texas...Science and an effeminate guy on You Tube have answers! - 02/15/20 08:44 PM

Thought vidor was Louisiana. Lived n Beaumont for a year or so in my late teens.
Posted By: ko bass attack 27

Re: Worst Places to live in Texas...Science and an effeminate guy on You Tube have answers! - 02/15/20 08:45 PM

I've always known that up here in the panhandle is a great place to be.
Posted By: Samsonsworld

Re: Worst Places to live in Texas...Science and an effeminate guy on You Tube have answers! - 02/15/20 08:52 PM

Obviously never been to west Texas.
Posted By: OTFF

Re: Worst Places to live in Texas...Science and an effeminate guy on You Tube have answers! - 02/15/20 09:12 PM

blablabla
Posted By: TR176

Re: Worst Places to live in Texas...Science and an effeminate guy on You Tube have answers! - 02/15/20 09:56 PM

I thought Tomball was a rich suburb of Houston. I don’t know how Jacksonville beat out Hearn. Vidor must be on there because of there unpleasant political history.
Posted By: H.Town_paddler

Re: Worst Places to live in Texas...Science and an effeminate guy on You Tube have answers! - 02/15/20 09:58 PM

Surprised Tomball made the list. Doesn’t seem like a bad place to live at all.
Posted By: Bigbob_FTW

Re: Worst Places to live in Texas...Science and an effeminate guy on You Tube have answers! - 02/15/20 10:05 PM

Malakoff should be on this list.
Posted By: tds

Re: Worst Places to live in Texas...Science and an effeminate guy on You Tube have answers! - 02/15/20 10:07 PM

Jacksonville has a Baptist Seminary and a jr college that are both owned by the same conservative group of baptist churches. Also, jr college that at one time was under Methodist control.
I can see why some folks would not want to live there.
Posted By: Icepick

Re: Worst Places to live in Texas...Science and an effeminate guy on You Tube have answers! - 02/15/20 10:17 PM

Originally Posted by Bigbob_FTW

I played a bar in Malakoff years ago named the Coal Miner's.
At the time I didn't give a second thought to the fact there weren't any coal mines in the area.
That's the extent of my Malakoff knowledge. noidea
Posted By: TR176

Re: Worst Places to live in Texas...Science and an effeminate guy on You Tube have answers! - 02/15/20 10:19 PM

Go through Kerens and then you will think Malakoff is heaven.
Posted By: senko9S

Re: Worst Places to live in Texas...Science and an effeminate guy on You Tube have answers! - 02/15/20 10:29 PM

Kerens has some nice bass and ducks.
Posted By: Mark Perry

Re: Worst Places to live in Texas...Science and an effeminate guy on You Tube have answers! - 02/15/20 10:42 PM

Can't believe Jacksboro, La Junta, Chico, Sansom Park or Alvord did not make the list.
Posted By: Bob Davis

Re: Worst Places to live in Texas...Science and an effeminate guy on You Tube have answers! - 02/15/20 10:49 PM

You ain't wrong there. Methakoff would be a better name.
Posted By: Kentucky

Re: Worst Places to live in Texas...Science and an effeminate guy on You Tube have answers! - 02/15/20 10:57 PM

Originally Posted by Bob Davis

hold on, what about quinlan ? we call it Dirty Q
Posted By: Slow Drifter

Re: Worst Places to live in Texas...Science and an effeminate guy on You Tube have answers! - 02/15/20 11:03 PM

I can vouch for Vidor and Port Arthur. Had family in both growing up. I remember in the early 70's they tried to integrate Vidor by moving in two colored families from Beaumont. They moved them into two houses across the street from each other right down the street from my uncle's house. Within a week there was a shooting in the street.
Posted By: Der Vorsteher

Re: Worst Places to live in Texas...Science and an effeminate guy on You Tube have answers! - 02/15/20 11:13 PM

Originally Posted by kjwolvy
Ballinger.

It was nice place until you moved there.
Posted By: Icepick

Re: Worst Places to live in Texas...Science and an effeminate guy on You Tube have answers! - 02/15/20 11:26 PM

Originally Posted by Der Vorsteher
Ballinger.

It was nice place until you moved there.

roflmao
Posted By: Po Boy

Re: Worst Places to live in Texas...Science and an effeminate guy on You Tube have answers! - 02/15/20 11:35 PM

Austin should be at the top of the list.
Posted By: senko9S

Re: Worst Places to live in Texas...Science and an effeminate guy on You Tube have answers! - 02/15/20 11:38 PM

irving?
Posted By: Bigbob_FTW

Re: Worst Places to live in Texas...Science and an effeminate guy on You Tube have answers! - 02/15/20 11:56 PM

To be fair, alvord is pretty bad too.
Posted By: Westside.

Re: Worst Places to live in Texas...Science and an effeminate guy on You Tube have answers! - 02/16/20 12:01 AM

To be fair, alvord is pretty bad too.

Alvord is not that bad
Posted By: RATZ

Re: Worst Places to live in Texas...Science and an effeminate guy on You Tube have answers! - 02/16/20 12:05 AM

Some of y’all act like Arlington is south oak cliff. It’s no highland park but no way it’s in worse 10.
Posted By: butch sanders

Re: Worst Places to live in Texas...Science and an effeminate guy on You Tube have answers! - 02/16/20 12:30 AM

Arlington is fabulous
Posted By: bradnitro175

Re: Worst Places to live in Texas...Science and an effeminate guy on You Tube have answers! - 02/16/20 12:31 AM

Oak cliff and duncanville
Posted By: bradnitro175

Re: Worst Places to live in Texas...Science and an effeminate guy on You Tube have answers! - 02/16/20 12:33 AM

Originally Posted by Mark Perry
Can't believe Jacksboro, La Junta, Chico, Sansom Park or Alvord did not make the list.

Chico prolly isn't on there map
Posted By: Dubee

Re: Worst Places to live in Texas...Science and an effeminate guy on You Tube have answers! - 02/16/20 12:48 AM

Ballinger.

I like Ballinger
Posted By: ko bass attack 27

Re: Worst Places to live in Texas...Science and an effeminate guy on You Tube have answers! - 02/16/20 01:03 AM

Originally Posted by Dubee
Ballinger.

I like Ballinger

I do too.
Posted By: lconn4

Re: Worst Places to live in Texas...Science and an effeminate guy on You Tube have answers! - 02/16/20 01:47 AM

I’ve lived in Jacksonville for 5 years and have no complaints... ok, I have one... the sorry sob that put a hole through my car last month.
[Linked Image]

[Linked Image]

Other than that, Jacksonville is A OK! Guess the lake losing all its hydrilla and lack of nightly entertainment had something to do with it. Lots of kids here that say yes sir and no sir so I guess that could make some folks feel uncomfortable.

Friendliest animals I’ve ever seen.
[Linked Image]
Posted By: banker-always fishing

Re: Worst Places to live in Texas...Science and an effeminate guy on You Tube have answers! - 02/16/20 02:04 AM

Houston! eeks
Posted By: deerfeeder

Re: Worst Places to live in Texas...Science and an effeminate guy on You Tube have answers! - 02/16/20 02:05 AM

The Valley sucks ever since NAFTA was passed and all the maquiladoras opened up in Northern Mexico. Rio Grande City is kinda crummy, but Starr County be like dat. The population is 98% hispanic. White people make up the other 2% Back when I lived and worked in Rio Grande City, and Starr County there were zero black people living there. The hate for black people was often vocalized by lots of the population. I do know that if a black person was hanging around in Rio Grande City or Roma the odds were absolutely 100% that a dope deal was going down. And strangely enough a lot of that dope ended up in Tomball and other areas in Houston. Valley unemployment sucks because many residents down there cannot speak enough English to work at even most convenience stores. The area just north and west of Mission has exploded with "colonias" in the last 15-20 years.

But, this guy obviously has not made it up to Cactus or Dumas, Tx or down to Presidio. Weslaco and Mercedes are garden spots compared to those places. Galveston gets my vote as a suck place too. One of my daughters lived up there for a couple of years. Nasty place and the beaches are really nothing to brag about.

Crime rate is up everywhere so that's not a big deal.

Re: Worst Places to live in Texas...Science and an effeminate guy on You Tube have answers! - 02/16/20 02:56 AM

I think a lot of this scientific study was based on average income, School spending, and unemployment rates.

So that the Valley showed so often is no shock.
Posted By: silvers

Re: Worst Places to live in Texas...Science and an effeminate guy on You Tube have answers! - 02/16/20 03:00 AM

Odessa
Posted By: Der Vorsteher

Re: Worst Places to live in Texas...Science and an effeminate guy on You Tube have answers! - 02/16/20 03:04 AM

Originally Posted by silvers
Odessa

Slowdeatha
Posted By: deerfeeder

Re: Worst Places to live in Texas...Science and an effeminate guy on You Tube have answers! - 02/16/20 03:15 AM

Unemployment rates wouldn't be so high down in the Valley if "smuggler" was an employment category.
Posted By: deucer02

Re: Worst Places to live in Texas...Science and an effeminate guy on You Tube have answers! - 02/16/20 02:45 PM

Originally Posted by senko9S
irving?

Should be at the top of the list!
Posted By: machinist

Re: Worst Places to live in Texas...Science and an effeminate guy on You Tube have answers! - 02/16/20 07:40 PM

Originally Posted by Icepick

I played a bar in Malakoff years ago named the Coal Miner's.
At the time I didn't give a second thought to the fact there weren't any coal mines in the area.
That's the extent of my Malakoff knowledge. noidea

Icepick there were several Mom & Pop coal mines back in the 20's and 30's when TP&L built the Trinidad plant. I have seen lots of pictures of those people hauling coal in wagons to sell to the plant. Lots of coal mining history in the area. Oh yeah I have shot a few games of pool in the Coal Miners in my day.

Re: Worst Places to live in Texas...Science and an effeminate guy on You Tube have answers! - 02/16/20 09:58 PM

Originally Posted by deucer02
Originally Posted by senko9S
irving?

Should be at the top of the list!

Nah... The effeminate man looked at income.

South Irving is broke. But the north side is full of IT professionals. And Indian restaurants.
© 2024 Texas Fishing Forum