Texas Fishing Forum

Office Etiquette Tips

Posted By: Bigbob_FTW

Office Etiquette Tips - 02/12/20 02:05 PM

You see the serial complainer in your buddy's office, do him a solid and give him a courtesy call. it's the small things that make someones day better.
Posted By: BCBassCat

Re: Office Etiquette Tips - 02/12/20 02:08 PM

And stay on the phone until he exits the area. That way you’re not next.

Re: Office Etiquette Tips - 02/12/20 02:10 PM

we also have a habitual crop duster. she smokes often and masks with the worst perfume ever. I deal with this 10 times a day minimum.
Posted By: WAWI

Re: Office Etiquette Tips - 02/12/20 02:14 PM

Crop dusting is the greatest
Posted By: PondFish

Re: Office Etiquette Tips - 02/12/20 02:17 PM

I work alone in my home office.

How do I subtlety call myself when I walk into my office?
Posted By: RATZ

Re: Office Etiquette Tips - 02/12/20 02:17 PM

Slap that beoch

Re: Office Etiquette Tips - 02/12/20 02:18 PM

Originally Posted by RATZ
Slap that beoch

she's Gary Martin's secretary.
Posted By: hopalong

Re: Office Etiquette Tips - 02/12/20 02:19 PM

Originally Posted by PondFish
I work alone in my home office.

How do I subtlety call myself when I walk into my office?

set the phone calendar to "remind" you at 0930 every morning that you need some boat therapy and go fish for a few hrs.
Posted By: Mo

Re: Office Etiquette Tips - 02/12/20 03:14 PM

Don't fish off the company dock.

MO
Posted By: rj74955

Re: Office Etiquette Tips - 02/12/20 03:36 PM

Originally Posted by Bigbob_FTW
we also have a habitual crop duster. she smokes often and masks with the worst perfume ever. I deal with this 10 times a day minimum.

We need a picture to know if we're mad at her or not.

Re: Office Etiquette Tips - 02/12/20 03:37 PM

Originally Posted by rj74955

she's 58 going on 127.
Posted By: tmd11111

Re: Office Etiquette Tips - 02/12/20 03:40 PM

she's 58 going on 127.

[Linked Image]
Posted By: rj74955

Re: Office Etiquette Tips - 02/12/20 04:00 PM

Ok, Ratz had the correct answer then.

Re: Office Etiquette Tips - 02/12/20 04:01 PM

Originally Posted by tmd11111

she's 58 going on 127.

[Linked Image]

nailed it!
Posted By: bloo_rainger

Re: Office Etiquette Tips - 02/12/20 06:02 PM

[/quote]

she's 58 going on 127. [/quote]

[Linked Image]
[/quote]

nailed it![/quote]

I wouldn’t admit that on a public forum.
Posted By: UGLYSHCTICK

Re: Office Etiquette Tips - 02/12/20 06:05 PM

if they smoke, they poke.
Posted By: John175☮

Re: Office Etiquette Tips - 02/12/20 06:10 PM

Originally Posted by WAWI
Crop dusting is the greatest

Completely underrated strategy. Blend in with a crowd, blow and go.
Posted By: DCmac

Re: Office Etiquette Tips - 02/12/20 06:15 PM

Perfumigation? We got one hag who smells like she marinates herself in bug spray overnight - all night overnight.
Posted By: Stump jumper

Re: Office Etiquette Tips - 02/12/20 06:15 PM

I worked with a dude that smoked little cigars. When he came back inside I could smell the trail he left in the hall. Interesting dude. His brother was part of the Mommas and Poppas and his daughter was McKenzie Phillips. He played safety for OU when in college.
Posted By: Duck_Hunter

Re: Office Etiquette Tips - 02/12/20 06:31 PM

No microwave popcorn in the break room.
Posted By: bloo_rainger

Re: Office Etiquette Tips - 02/12/20 06:40 PM

Originally Posted by DCmac

Perfumigation? We got one hag who smells like she marinates herself in bug spray overnight - all night overnight.

Used to work with a girl who sprayed OFF on her arms and face all day long. She said it kept her from itching all day. I’m like yeah, but you stink.
Posted By: Bob Davis

Re: Office Etiquette Tips - 02/12/20 06:52 PM

Originally Posted by bloo_rainger

Used to work with a girl who sprayed OFF on her arms and face all day long. She said it kept her from itching all day. I’m like yeah, but you stink.

[Linked Image]
Posted By: deucer02

Re: Office Etiquette Tips - 02/16/20 06:26 PM

Originally Posted by tmd11111

she's 58 going on 127.

[Linked Image]

Would
Posted By: Stump jumper

Re: Office Etiquette Tips - 02/17/20 03:27 AM

Originally Posted by bloo_rainger

I worked with a dude from Pakistan that thought Air Wick was cologne. He rubbed the wicks on his wrists. My boss thought he smelled good. I thought otherwise.
Posted By: TCK73

Re: Office Etiquette Tips - 02/17/20 01:20 PM

Originally Posted by Stump jumper

I worked with a dude from Pakistan that thought Air Wick was cologne. He rubbed the wicks on his wrists. My boss thought he smelled good. I thought otherwise.

Some foreigners don't know they stink, their culture and hygiene habits must be different. We had one from Nigeria that would eat nothing but Sardines. I cannot even begin to describe the smell he put off when the odor was permeating from his skin, it was bad. Every supervisor I had refused to take him on a job due to the smell. After I called HR and asked them what my options were, I dealt with him. He said he had no clue he smelled any differently and would start taking a shower daily instead of after 3-4 jobs.
Posted By: Monty Wright

Re: Office Etiquette Tips - 02/17/20 02:54 PM

Originally Posted by Duck_Hunter

Fish, no fish in the microwave
Posted By: Fishin' Nut

Re: Office Etiquette Tips - 02/17/20 03:22 PM

In my employee orientation at my hospital, they said nothing will get you fired faster than microwaving popcorn. If the smoke detector goes off, the FD must respond. False alarms are a $5000 fine.

Re: Office Etiquette Tips - 02/17/20 03:23 PM

Originally Posted by Fishin' Nut

In my employee orientation at my hospital, they said nothing will get you fired faster than microwaving popcorn. If the smoke detector goes off, the FD must respond. False alarms are a $5000 fine.

my last job was that way. the owner would go completely off on you.
Posted By: David Welcher

Re: Office Etiquette Tips - 02/17/20 03:36 PM

How bout the guy who talks too much? We have one here at our office that if you are walking in the front door and you see him in the lobby, just turn and go around the building to come in the back. He even drags our staff meeting out too long with his personal stories. I'll stop him in one of those "one time I was on a job and …." and I'll say is this a long story?
Posted By: outfishdya

Re: Office Etiquette Tips - 02/17/20 03:44 PM

Where is the proper place to nap?
Posted By: Canino

Re: Office Etiquette Tips - 02/17/20 04:25 PM

Originally Posted by TCK73
Originally Posted by Stump jumper

Some foreigners don't know they stink, their culture and hygiene habits must be different. We had one from Nigeria that would eat nothing but Sardines. I cannot even begin to describe the smell he put off when the odor was permeating from his skin, it was bad. Every supervisor I had refused to take him on a job due to the smell. After I called HR and asked them what my options were, I dealt with him. He said he had no clue he smelled any differently and would start taking a shower daily instead of after 3-4 jobs.

I worked at an office where we had these two Indian (dot) guys and they only showered once a week. They also walked to and from work up and down the DNT service road, and you can imagine how that got during the summer.

No one could stand to go near their cubicles, so the boss told them they were doing such great work that he was giving them an office. He stuck the two of them in a small unused storage room and told them to keep the door closed so no one else would distract them from their work.
© 2024 Texas Fishing Forum