Texas Fishing Forum

Emergency Flashers

Posted By: Dan90210 ☮

Emergency Flashers - 02/05/20 01:30 PM

Why do so many people turn on their 4 ways when its raining? Saw it several times this morning and it was not even raining hard. It was like sprinkles but yet guys get into the fast lane going 45 with their 4 ways on.

Did the news scare them or something? What is the deal here?

And if you do that... knock it off!
Posted By: ReelBusy

Re: Emergency Flashers - 02/05/20 01:41 PM

I don't mind the flashers as much as I do the left lane drivers. Move it on over
Posted By: Urban Fisher

Re: Emergency Flashers - 02/05/20 01:56 PM

I question this also Dan. Too me it's more annoying and distracting than any good it may serve. Makes me think that if I happen to be standing next to one of them, say at a grocery check out line...I would have no guilt whatsoever for kicking them in the nads.
Posted By: Bigbob_FTW

Re: Emergency Flashers - 02/05/20 01:58 PM

Originally Posted by Hancock
I don't mind the flashers as much as I do the left lane drivers. Move it on over

yep.
Posted By: bassfishinglawyer

Re: Emergency Flashers - 02/05/20 01:59 PM

Be in Atlanta when it is raining. I swear 99% of people have them on. And the glare caused by them makes it way more tough to see than the rain itself.
Posted By: deucer02

Re: Emergency Flashers - 02/05/20 01:59 PM

Nothing wrong with slowing down a little bit in nasty weather.

Re: Emergency Flashers - 02/05/20 02:05 PM

Originally Posted by deucer02

Yes of course you want to slow it down... example in the fast lane in light to med. traffic this morning I was running about 60mph. On a clear day that would be 70.

But no need to turn on the 4ways in light rain. Its a distraction. Stop doing it deucer
Posted By: Bigbob_FTW

Re: Emergency Flashers - 02/05/20 02:10 PM

Originally Posted by Dan90210 ☮

Yes of course you want to slow it down... example in the fast lane in light to med. traffic this morning I was running about 60mph. On a clear day that would be 70.

But no need to turn on the 4ways in light rain. Its a distraction. Stop doing it deucer

and move over. splat
Posted By: Trickster

Re: Emergency Flashers - 02/05/20 02:14 PM

I thought it is against the law to do so.
Posted By: RedRanger

Re: Emergency Flashers - 02/05/20 02:15 PM

It is against Texas State Law to run your hazard blinkers while driving.

I find it is usually people who are new to driving in the USA whom do it.
Posted By: BCBassCat

Re: Emergency Flashers - 02/05/20 02:17 PM

The problem I have with it is when it's raining, mainly on I-35 in Denton, is the black top reflects all lights really well when it's wet. It's like trying to drive on black glass and it's really difficult too see already and the flashing makes it much worse.
Posted By: BrahmanTx

Re: Emergency Flashers - 02/05/20 02:19 PM

I've noticed it also, even when it's not raining. I thought it was to get the attention of the idiots that text and drive so they don't hit them. I'm all for that.
Posted By: COFF

Re: Emergency Flashers - 02/05/20 02:19 PM

If you are doing 70 in the fast lane on a clear day in DFW, then you are part of the problem.
Posted By: Oldrabbit

Re: Emergency Flashers - 02/05/20 02:23 PM

Originally Posted by Bigbob_FTW

and move over. splat

And turn you FOG lights off on a clear day, then move over. I saw one the other day that had one burnt out they had been on so much.
Posted By: John175☮

Re: Emergency Flashers - 02/05/20 02:25 PM

Originally Posted by Oldrabbit
Originally Posted by Bigbob_FTW

and move over. splat

And turn you FOG lights off on a clear day, then move over. I saw one the other day that had one burnt out they had been on so much.

My lights are automatic. Truck has daytime running lights and keep away from me lights and a radar tracking system. Sometimes I am tempted to push the "Red" button.
Posted By: mstring

Re: Emergency Flashers - 02/05/20 02:31 PM

I hate that with their flashers on you don't know if they are stopped broke down or not until you get right up on them. Guess these are the same people who think if they drive with the flashers on that it tells everyone they are in a hurry and to get out of their way.
Posted By: Fourjs

Re: Emergency Flashers - 02/05/20 02:42 PM

We drove in a hard driving rain that reduced visibility to 100 feet or so. Many times, you couldn’t see the car in front of you unless they hit their brakes or had their flashers on.

Flashers have their place in extreme weather, not normal driving conditions.
Posted By: Bob Davis

Re: Emergency Flashers - 02/05/20 02:49 PM

Originally Posted by RedRanger
It is against Texas State Law to run your hazard blinkers while driving.

I find it is usually people who are new to driving in the USA whom do it.

I think this is correct. Although LE may choose to not pull you over for it, it is just cause to make a stop. So all you jibones ridin' dirty, give that some thought.
Posted By: T Bird

Re: Emergency Flashers - 02/05/20 04:01 PM

[Linked Image]
Posted By: fouzman

Re: Emergency Flashers - 02/05/20 04:07 PM

I see no issue with it in a driving rainstorm, poor visibility or if there is an accident ahead of you and you're having to go from 75 to a stop. I see so many distracted driving, multiple-car rear end collisions in Houston every day, I think people are doing it for their own safety to keep from getting read ended by a distracted driver.
Posted By: Jeff Schiller

Re: Emergency Flashers - 02/05/20 04:07 PM

I don't mind the flashers when it's raining. I am appreciative of the warning that they're morons and I need to proceed with caution.

Re: Emergency Flashers - 02/05/20 04:12 PM

Originally Posted by COFF

If you are doing 70 in the fast lane on a clear day in DFW, then you are part of the problem.

Depends on the time of day... 70 is what you can do in moderate traffic. If its light you can do 75-80, however its almost never light.
Posted By: JJ4MEL

Re: Emergency Flashers - 02/05/20 04:43 PM

These flashers wouldn't be so bad to see on the road in any weather.

https://texasfishingforum.com/forum.../Number/13427881/gonew/1/hump-day#UNREAD
Posted By: sadibo

Re: Emergency Flashers - 02/05/20 04:50 PM

It is not illegal. I'll do it in a heavy fog but that's it. And either pass or get the hell out of the way!

https://www.khou.com/article/news/l...azard-lights-while-driving/285-441943128
Posted By: John175☮

Re: Emergency Flashers - 02/05/20 05:07 PM

At first I thought this was the hump day thread....

Re: Emergency Flashers - 02/05/20 05:16 PM

Originally Posted by sadibo
It is not illegal. I'll do it in a heavy fog but that's it. And either pass or get the hell out of the way!

https://www.khou.com/article/news/l...azard-lights-while-driving/285-441943128

Well, I stand corrected. Flash on then!

Re: Emergency Flashers - 02/05/20 05:20 PM

[Linked Image]
Posted By: Dognot

Re: Emergency Flashers - 02/05/20 05:21 PM

If your windshield wipers are on your Emergency flashers need to be on, Company policy with some companies.
Posted By: Chuck72

Re: Emergency Flashers - 02/05/20 05:50 PM

Originally Posted by bassfishinglawyer
Be in Atlanta when it is raining. I swear 99% of people have them on. And the glare caused by them makes it way more tough to see than the rain itself.

What I hated about Georgia and Alabama was if the car in front of someone was turning, they felt the need to turn on their blinker to let everyone know the car in front of them was turning, then they would go straight.
Posted By: Stump jumper

Re: Emergency Flashers - 02/05/20 06:18 PM

I only turn mine on when last in line of stopped traffic on fwy. Like 635 north at Town East during. I hate brakers the most. Ones that brake for no reason. Then there are the ones with their wipers on high speed and it is just spitting rain. I hate to use my wipers. Unless it is a steady rain I use momentary. I drive north on Buckner from 175 to I30 5 days a week so I see it all. Last night a dude made a right hand turn form the left lane crossing 3 lanes of traffic.
Posted By: bloo_rainger

Re: Emergency Flashers - 02/05/20 06:33 PM

if that's the case sir, you need to stay out of the left lane...………..
Posted By: ezbassin

Re: Emergency Flashers - 02/05/20 10:40 PM

Originally Posted by bassfishinglawyer

Exactly
Posted By: ezbassin

Re: Emergency Flashers - 02/05/20 10:42 PM

Originally Posted by Dognot
If your windshield wipers are on your Emergency flashers need to be on, Company policy with some companies.

That is totally stupid. Flashing lights while it is raining just makes your vision worse, easier to get into an accident that way.
© 2024 Texas Fishing Forum