Texas Fishing Forum

This put a damper on my fishing trip this morning

Posted By: tmd11111

This put a damper on my fishing trip this morning - 01/19/20 04:40 PM

Driver went off road

[Linked Image]

[Linked Image]

[Linked Image]

Was headed to the lake this morning to get in a little fishing and stumbled on this truck in the canal right up the street from my house. No telling how long it had been there when I called 911. Sadly the driver didn't make it.
Posted By: Roller22

Re: This put a damper on my fishing trip this morning - 01/19/20 04:43 PM

Dang that is bad.
Posted By: ReelBusy

Re: This put a damper on my fishing trip this morning - 01/19/20 04:43 PM

Originally Posted by tmd11111
No telling how long it had been there when I called 911. Sadly the driver didn't make it.

It amazes me how many people will drive by something like that and not even check.
Posted By: TCK73

Re: This put a damper on my fishing trip this morning - 01/19/20 04:52 PM

Bad deal. I wonder if the driver had on a seat belt? I have seen a lot worse and they survived. The wolf on the windshield had me wondering.

Re: This put a damper on my fishing trip this morning - 01/19/20 04:55 PM

Originally Posted by TCK73
Bad deal. I wonder if the driver had on a seat belt? I have seen a lot worse and they survived. The wolf on the windshield had me wondering.

Driver wasn't wearing his seatbelt. When I stopped at the intersection and say it I almost didn't stop. I saw the tool bag on the windshield and assumed that someone had already to get it out. I then thought something about this didn't look right. I walked up and saw the driver laying across the front seat. Doors were locked so I beat on the window and no response. That when I called 911, took them over 10 minutes to arrive. While waiting I tried a second time to get into the truck without falling in the canal with no luck.
Posted By: TexDawg

Re: This put a damper on my fishing trip this morning - 01/19/20 05:00 PM

Sad deal, I commend you for trying to help the driver
Posted By: Bob Davis

Re: This put a damper on my fishing trip this morning - 01/19/20 05:34 PM

Originally Posted by TexDawg

Yes, very commendable. Most would not have stopped probably.
Posted By: T Bird

Re: This put a damper on my fishing trip this morning - 01/19/20 05:36 PM

Terrible. Driver should/could have easily survived that impact with seat belt.
Posted By: Frank the Tank

Re: This put a damper on my fishing trip this morning - 01/19/20 06:19 PM

Sad deal man. So what happened? How was there a tool bad on the windshield. ?

Re: This put a damper on my fishing trip this morning - 01/19/20 06:20 PM

Originally Posted by TCK73

Wolf on the windshield?
Posted By: BCBassCat

Re: This put a damper on my fishing trip this morning - 01/19/20 06:24 PM

Same thing happened over towards FTW a few days ago. Crazy. That would definitely put a damper on things.

Re: This put a damper on my fishing trip this morning - 01/19/20 06:30 PM

Originally Posted by Frank the Tank
Sad deal man. So what happened? How was there a tool bad on the windshield. ?

Best I could tell seems it flew out of the bed and landed there.
Posted By: river-rat

Re: This put a damper on my fishing trip this morning - 01/19/20 06:58 PM

Not a good start

Re: This put a damper on my fishing trip this morning - 01/19/20 07:16 PM

Crazy. How do you think he got there? Looks like guardrails everywhere.
Posted By: butch sanders

Re: This put a damper on my fishing trip this morning - 01/19/20 07:18 PM

Originally Posted by TexDawg

yes

bad luck for the driver
Posted By: banker-always fishing

Re: This put a damper on my fishing trip this morning - 01/19/20 08:05 PM

Prayers up for the family and friends of the victim. The Lord Jesus Christ has control! angel2
Posted By: 206champion

Re: This put a damper on my fishing trip this morning - 01/19/20 08:42 PM

Sad deal for sure.
Posted By: PowerLizard

Re: This put a damper on my fishing trip this morning - 01/19/20 08:50 PM

Looks like he ran down the grass median between the highways, down the culvert and impacted at the back end of the culvert. Probably drunk, on drugs, low sugar diabetic or heart attack. May he rest in peace.
Posted By: Caymas Cx 21

Re: This put a damper on my fishing trip this morning - 01/19/20 09:00 PM

Originally Posted by PowerLizard
Looks like he ran down the grass median between the highways, down the culvert and impacted at the back end of the culvert. Probably drunk, on drugs, low sugar diabetic or heart attack. May he rest in peace.

Looks like that’s what he did and I’m familiar with that overpass, it’s on loop 306 and Ben Ficklin by the river.
Posted By: Dan90210 ☮

Re: This put a damper on my fishing trip this morning - 01/19/20 09:15 PM

Sad indeed.

I was surprised when I read that it was fatal because it certainly looks survivable. Looks like almost The identical truck to what I have, and I did my research, they are very safe trucks. But no seatbelt...yea that could be fatal.

Prayers up.

Re: This put a damper on my fishing trip this morning - 01/19/20 09:34 PM

There has been some real idiots driving in Angelo. Just before Christmas this guy gets on the loop going the wrong way with no headlights on and hits a 17yo girl headed home from work head on. Few days later same thing happen but a one car wrong way deal and he was ejected from the vehicle and was walking around afterwards then went to jail.

Re: This put a damper on my fishing trip this morning - 01/19/20 09:37 PM

Originally Posted by 21xs Elite
There has been some real idiots driving in Angelo. Just before Christmas this guy gets on the loop going the wrong way with no headlights on and hits a 17yo girl headed home from work head on. Few days later same thing happen but a one car wrong way deal and he was ejected from the vehicle and was walking around afterwards then went to jail.

That poor young girl was the little sister of a friend of mine in my bass club. She had such a promising future.

Re: This put a damper on my fishing trip this morning - 01/19/20 09:40 PM

Originally Posted by tmd11111
Originally Posted by 21xs Elite

That poor young girl was the little sister of a friend of mine in my bass club. She had such a promising future.

Yes sir she did, had a scholarship to ASU fixing to graduate high school and had a job. I didn’t know her or her family but she had it all figured out and some drunk took her life.
Posted By: Jessa

Re: This put a damper on my fishing trip this morning - 01/19/20 10:46 PM

That's horrible. Very sad ending frown
Posted By: Rocky Robison

Re: This put a damper on my fishing trip this morning - 01/19/20 10:59 PM

Originally Posted by Dan90210 ☮
Sad indeed.

I was surprised when I read that it was fatal because it certainly looks survivable. Looks like almost The identical truck to what I have, and I did my research, they are very safe trucks. But no seatbelt...yea that could be fatal.

Prayers up.

If you really study that photo, I don't believe a seat belt would've saved this person.
Looks like the truck flew from the upper roadway median and landed nose first where the indentation is on the grass and fell back to the resting place it's at now.
Posted By: Chuck72

Re: This put a damper on my fishing trip this morning - 01/20/20 12:36 AM

About 10 years ago I helped repair the guardrail at that same underpass after a guy was coming from the opposite direction and hit the gap and the guardrail down below. Sadly he didn’t make it either. Prayers to the family.
Posted By: AmpedUp

Re: This put a damper on my fishing trip this morning - 01/20/20 12:32 PM

angel2

Re: This put a damper on my fishing trip this morning - 01/20/20 10:17 PM

Originally Posted by Rocky Robison
Originally Posted by Dan90210 ☮
Sad indeed.

Prayers up.

If you really study that photo, I don't believe a seat belt would've saved this person.
Looks like the truck flew from the upper roadway median and landed nose first where the indentation is on the grass and fell back to the resting place it's at now.

News release follow up

That's pretty much what had happened. He took out a light pole in median where he left the road. With the speed limit at 65 it more then likely set off the air bag. By the time he went over the edge and impacted even if wearing a seatbelt the airbag would have deflated by then. I went back later and looked at the damage. Seems there were no marks on the slope down to the canal and all the way up to where I found him. Also all the debris was in front of the truck. Police investigation determined it happened around 4am so sadly about 4 hours had passed before I found him. My wife posted it on Facebook and a family member reached out to me. Seems he was a straight up hard working family man who fell asleep at the wheel on the way home from work.
Posted By: MBradford

Re: This put a damper on my fishing trip this morning - 01/21/20 12:04 AM

Originally Posted by banker-always fishing
Prayers up for the family and friends of the victim. The Lord Jesus Christ has control! angel2

Apparently not...
Posted By: Hard Rain

Re: This put a damper on my fishing trip this morning - 01/21/20 12:10 AM

^^^ Not cool

Re: This put a damper on my fishing trip this morning - 01/21/20 12:47 AM

Originally Posted by Hard Rain
^^^ Not cool

If the "Lord Jesus Christ" has control, why didn't he stop this from happening?
Posted By: Chuck72

Re: This put a damper on my fishing trip this morning - 01/21/20 12:53 AM

Originally Posted by MBradford
^^^ Not cool

Just flat disrespectful.
Posted By: Tommar

Re: This put a damper on my fishing trip this morning - 01/21/20 01:04 AM

Maybe the lord was just using this as another example to point out just how despicable a person you are.
Posted By: gander

Re: This put a damper on my fishing trip this morning - 01/21/20 01:06 AM

Originally Posted by Chuck72
^^^ Not cool

Just flat disrespectful.
Yes and moronic statements also
Posted By: barndoor

Re: This put a damper on my fishing trip this morning - 01/21/20 01:16 AM

IBTL. This thread went south. Prayers for the family.

Re: This put a damper on my fishing trip this morning - 01/21/20 01:18 AM

[Linked Image]

Re: This put a damper on my fishing trip this morning - 01/21/20 01:18 AM

Originally Posted by Tommar
Maybe the lord was just using this as another example to point out just how despicable a person you are.

What an idiotic statement.
Posted By: sdavis24

Re: This put a damper on my fishing trip this morning - 01/21/20 01:26 AM

Originally Posted by Tommar
He's beating a dead horse then

Re: This put a damper on my fishing trip this morning - 01/21/20 01:36 AM

Just as I thought. No one can offer a logical explanation of how the "lord jesus christ" is in control.
Posted By: Dfitz

Re: This put a damper on my fishing trip this morning - 01/21/20 01:40 AM

Apparently not...

How often does your [censored] get jealous about what comes out your mouth?
Posted By: elcoyote, esq.

Re: This put a damper on my fishing trip this morning - 01/21/20 01:41 AM

Just as I thought. No one can offer a logical explanation of how the "lord jesus christ" is in control.

So, are you an atheist? Or some other kind of -ist?

Re: This put a damper on my fishing trip this morning - 01/21/20 01:44 AM

Wow wasn't expecting my thread to turn so sour. Completely disrespectful and uncalled for comments.
Posted By: Smurfs

Re: This put a damper on my fishing trip this morning - 01/21/20 01:46 AM

Originally Posted by elcoyote, esq.

So, are you an atheist? Or some other kind of -ist?

Once again,truly sorry for what ever happen to you dude, so sad!
Posted By: Duck_Hunter

Re: This put a damper on my fishing trip this morning - 01/21/20 02:06 AM

Come on, man.

Re: This put a damper on my fishing trip this morning - 01/21/20 02:37 AM

Originally Posted by Duck_Hunter

Come on, man.

Sorry, but to simply dismiss someone's tragic death as the work of a supernatural being seems pretty callous.

Re: This put a damper on my fishing trip this morning - 01/21/20 02:44 AM

Come on, man.

Sorry, but to simply dismiss someone's tragic death as the work of a supernatural being seems pretty callous.

He didn’t dismiss it at all, man. Whatever one’s feelings on religion are, I don’t see how disparaging someone else’s faith when it is completely unrelated to the thread and someone was offering condolences in their own way to the person who died and their family is the time to make a personal point about your feelings on religion.

Best case, just ignore it and move on instead of derailing a thread like this. We all know your thoughts on religion. Offering thoughts and prayers is a positive response. Your need to derail it and disparage his religion is decidedly negative.

Re: This put a damper on my fishing trip this morning - 01/21/20 02:51 AM

^^^^^

Re: This put a damper on my fishing trip this morning - 01/21/20 02:57 AM

Good thread gone south.

Re: This put a damper on my fishing trip this morning - 01/21/20 03:35 AM

Come on, man.

He didn’t dismiss it at all, man. Whatever one’s feelings on religion are, I don’t see how disparaging someone else’s faith when it is completely unrelated to the thread and someone was offering condolences in their own way to the person who died and their family is the time to make a personal point about your feelings on religion.

Best case, just ignore it and move on instead of derailing a thread like this. We all know your thoughts on religion. Offering thoughts and prayers is a positive response. Your need to derail it and disparage his religion is decidedly negative.

Go back and read what I highlighted in banker-always fishing's post on this thread. I didn't disparage him or anyone else for offering condolences and prayers. It's the "Jesus Christ is in control" comment that I was questioning.

Re: This put a damper on my fishing trip this morning - 01/21/20 03:42 AM

Come on, man.

Go back and read what I highlighted in banker-always fishing's post on this thread. I didn't disparage him or anyone else for offering condolences and prayers. It's the "Jesus Christ is in control" comment that I was questioning.

You’re either full of it, don’t know anything about Christianity, or both.

Re: This put a damper on my fishing trip this morning - 01/21/20 03:45 AM

I was raised in the Methodist Church until I reached the age of reason.

Re: This put a damper on my fishing trip this morning - 01/21/20 03:46 AM

Apparently not...

Bradford, this isn’t a question. It’s also a ridiculous response to a thread about a person who lost their life when they lost control of their vehicle. In fact, in that context, it’s even worse.

You weren’t questioning anything. You were disparaging banker’s version of “thoughts and prayers” at best. At worst, you were making a terrible joke about a person who died in a car accident.

Re: This put a damper on my fishing trip this morning - 01/21/20 03:46 AM

Very classy. Definitely not disparaging religion at all.
Posted By: Beer Money

Re: This put a damper on my fishing trip this morning - 01/21/20 03:49 AM

Apparently not...

Wow. What happened in your life to make you such a negative person? Help me understand how you thought your post would enlighten anyone.
Posted By: Westside.

Re: This put a damper on my fishing trip this morning - 01/21/20 03:52 AM

Flat out rude
Posted By: Jeremyworm

Re: This put a damper on my fishing trip this morning - 01/21/20 04:27 AM

What a [censored]

Re: This put a damper on my fishing trip this morning - 01/21/20 02:47 PM

yet another thread ruined and taken south by another angry arrogant atheist who can't help but spew their anger. Even when it is totally uncalled for and disrespectful. A man Died. Quit being a gigantic doosh bag and show some respect. Every time you and the other atheists have to make it about you. So arrogant and petty. Shut the hail up and go away until you can be a man.
© 2024 Texas Fishing Forum