Breaking Tony Romo News - 01/13/20 09:52 PM

[Linked Image]

https://www.yahoo.com/sports/report...-to-join-its-nfl-coverage-033157777.html
Posted By: Bass-N-Buck Master

Re: Breaking Tony Romo News - 01/13/20 10:01 PM

bolt
Posted By: Scagnetti

Re: Breaking Tony Romo News - 01/13/20 10:05 PM

I’ve liked Tony from day one as an announcer. I think he does an excellent job and provides candid commentary
Posted By: HasBen

Re: Breaking Tony Romo News - 01/13/20 10:07 PM

He’s a natural. He is one of the few that adds to the football experience rather than taking away from it. I believe he will do well.
Posted By: Frank the Tank

Re: Breaking Tony Romo News - 01/13/20 10:11 PM

Originally Posted by Scagnetti
I’ve liked Tony from day one as an announcer. I think he does an excellent job and provides candid commentary

Originally Posted by HasBen
He’s a natural. He is one of the few that adds to the football experience rather than taking away from it. I believe he will do well.

Yep. Agree. He’s pretty dang good.
Posted By: GTrigg

Re: Breaking Tony Romo News - 01/14/20 12:51 AM

I like Romo's style, so I hope it happens and would enjoy MNF again. The past two years have been brutal to watch and I rarely made it to halftime before switching it off.
Posted By: camo-jorts

Re: Breaking Tony Romo News - 01/14/20 01:36 AM

Booger is brutal to listen to on MNF
Posted By: Kicker16

Re: Breaking Tony Romo News - 01/14/20 01:51 AM

I like Romo in the booth. I'd like to see him on the sidelines for somebody, the way he dissects stuff I think he'd make a good coach someday.
Posted By: Mark Perry

Re: Breaking Tony Romo News - 01/14/20 01:59 AM

I do not enjoy Romo calling a game. I am probably one of the few that is not a fan of his as a commentator. Nothing but respect for him as a QB, Cowboys player and a person.
Posted By: Tallgrass05

Re: Breaking Tony Romo News - 01/14/20 02:07 AM

I didn't think much of him as a quarterback but he's a good analyst, often accurately predicting which plays will be run and dissecting strategies.
Posted By: Ledeez

Re: Breaking Tony Romo News - 01/14/20 02:15 AM

I can see it now! Aikman crying about it!
Posted By: Flip-n-go

Re: Breaking Tony Romo News - 01/14/20 02:24 AM

Put me on the not-a-fan side. OK guy but dont care for him, gives me that fingernails on a chalkboard. cringe.
Posted By: Pilothawk

Re: Breaking Tony Romo News - 01/14/20 02:27 AM

I think Romo does a very good job of color commentary.
Posted By: sdavis24

Re: Breaking Tony Romo News - 01/14/20 03:56 AM

Romo and Colinsworth are my favorite, but Colinsworth is starting to wear on me
Posted By: Westside.

Re: Breaking Tony Romo News - 01/14/20 04:06 AM

He's the best going right now, but I wish Beth Mowins would get promoted to the MNF booth grin
Posted By: Mark Perry

Re: Breaking Tony Romo News - 01/14/20 04:07 AM

Originally Posted by Westside.
He's the best going right now, but I wish Beth Mowins would get promoted to the MNF booth grin

Put her and Dan Fouts together.....talk about a beating.
Posted By: Duck_Hunter

Re: Breaking Tony Romo News - 01/14/20 04:12 AM

Good for him. I wouldn’t go work for ESPN, but good for him.

I’d take less money and stay with a network and not go with ESPN. They’re gonna make him do the car wash every week and probably more off season things and a bunch of extra stuff on all of their programming.

I’d take the already extremely large sum of money and less responsibility, but he might want more exposure. Either way, good for him.
Posted By: silvers

Re: Breaking Tony Romo News - 01/14/20 04:24 AM

I thought he came out of the closet
Posted By: Hard Rain

Re: Breaking Tony Romo News - 01/14/20 12:41 PM

Originally Posted by Duck_Hunter
Good for him. I wouldn’t go work for ESPN, but good for him.

I’d take less money and stay with a network and not go with ESPN. They’re gonna make him do the car wash every week and probably more off season things and a bunch of extra stuff on all of their programming.

I’d take the already extremely large sum of money and less responsibility, but he might want more exposure. Either way, good for him.

I agree MNF matchups a lot of the time are snoozers. In his current gig they put Romo/Nance on the best game of the week. IMO the smart move is get CBS to pony up more $$$ based on the ESPN offer and stay put.
Posted By: Stump jumper

Re: Breaking Tony Romo News - 01/14/20 06:13 PM

Like was he says but don't care for his voice.
Posted By: Derek 🐝

Re: Breaking Tony Romo News - 01/14/20 06:32 PM

I figured CBS was going to sign him to a big deal and have him do NFL and PGA since McCord is out and Feherty moved to NBC a couple years ago.
Posted By: Mark C

Re: Breaking Tony Romo News - 01/14/20 07:21 PM

Does this spell the end for Booger? Or do they go back to a 3 man crew and bring back the Boogermobile?

[Linked Image]
© 2024 Texas Fishing Forum