Texas Fishing Forum

Driver shoots kids throwing snowballs.

Posted By: Kattelyn

Driver shoots kids throwing snowballs. - 01/07/20 08:03 PM

Link to the story.

Too many comments, not enough time. Y'all start it off.
Posted By: TexDawg

Re: Driver shoots kids throwing snowballs. - 01/07/20 08:06 PM

It’s a crime, attempted murder, hope the individual is caught and severely punished. Can’t imagine what they were thinking
Posted By: Kentucky

Re: Driver shoots kids throwing snowballs. - 01/07/20 08:06 PM

idiot comes to mind along with attempted murder
Posted By: Chug-bug-bang1

Re: Driver shoots kids throwing snowballs. - 01/07/20 08:07 PM

Originally Posted by Kattelyn
Link to the story.

Too many comments, not enough time. Y'all start it off.

To play it safe.........

NO COMMENT
Posted By: H.Town_paddler

Re: Driver shoots kids throwing snowballs. - 01/07/20 08:09 PM

What were they shot with?
Posted By: kjwolvy

Re: Driver shoots kids throwing snowballs. - 01/07/20 08:10 PM

Dont throw stuff at drivers. Im out.
Posted By: Urban Fisher

Re: Driver shoots kids throwing snowballs. - 01/07/20 08:11 PM

Originally Posted by H.Town_paddler

A gun.
Posted By: Ranger1

Re: Driver shoots kids throwing snowballs. - 01/07/20 08:12 PM

I don't see a problem here
Posted By: Bigbob_FTW

Re: Driver shoots kids throwing snowballs. - 01/07/20 08:13 PM

we did it when we were kids. Throw the A hole in jail and loose the key.
Posted By: BCBassCat

Re: Driver shoots kids throwing snowballs. - 01/07/20 08:14 PM

I would whoop my kids rear, if I found out they were throwing anything at somebody's car. Especially if it was moving.
Posted By: H.Town_paddler

Re: Driver shoots kids throwing snowballs. - 01/07/20 08:15 PM

Originally Posted by Urban Fisher
Originally Posted by H.Town_paddler

A gun.

BB gun? Paintball gun? The linked story seemed aweful vague and I wouldn’t put it past the media to make it bigger than it is. But I found a related article and people said they heard the shots so I’m guessing it was a real gun.
Posted By: Chris B

Re: Driver shoots kids throwing snowballs. - 01/07/20 09:34 PM

It's about time someone stands up to the snowball bullies.
Posted By: RedRaider3933

Re: Driver shoots kids throwing snowballs. - 01/07/20 09:36 PM

I am glad I was a kid when I was or I would have been dead at 10.
Posted By: Duck_Hunter

Re: Driver shoots kids throwing snowballs. - 01/07/20 09:39 PM

Throwing snowballs at cars is unacceptable, but it does not meet the level of physical violence by anyone other than the parents, who might whoop their kids’ butts. It sure as hell doesn’t meet the standard for shooting someone.

The value of life by some people is far too low in this world.

Don’t throw snowballs at cars. Definitely don’t shoot kids for throwing snowballs.
Posted By: Coach Hark

Re: Driver shoots kids throwing snowballs. - 01/07/20 09:52 PM

The article didn’t say if the snowball fight abruptly ended.

What an arsehole?

I remember throwing rocks at a DPS car when I was about 7 or 8. I was mad at all policeman because they had given my granddad a speeding ticket. Well the DPS officer caught me, took me home and my grandad beat my arse. I told him they shouldn’t have given him a ticket, he told me he shouldn’t have been speeding and I sure in the hell shouldn’t be throwing rocks at them. I’ll never forget that lesson an I’ve never gotten a speeding ticket since I started driving in 1978. I’ll probably get one tomorrow roflmao
Posted By: Bob Davis

Re: Driver shoots kids throwing snowballs. - 01/07/20 10:58 PM

Originally Posted by Chris B
It's about time someone stands up to the snowball bullies.

roflmao Well played!
Posted By: Okie Poke

Re: Driver shoots kids throwing snowballs. - 01/08/20 09:58 AM

I think this thread is better served by "Who hadn't done this growing up?" We used to throw eggs and snowballs at cars, mostly eggs. They worked better from our vantage point. I was good at hitting them, even in the night. Yes, I was a little hellion. I would kill a kid if that happened to me in this day and age. Boy, how times change…..
Posted By: Patriot Guard Rider

Re: Driver shoots kids throwing snowballs. - 01/08/20 10:35 AM

Throwing snowballs at cars should get you a severe azz whoppin.

Shooting at kids throwing snowballs at your car should get you a jail cell.
Posted By: hopalong

Re: Driver shoots kids throwing snowballs. - 01/08/20 10:59 AM

Originally Posted by Okie Poke
I think this thread is better served by "Who hadn't done this growing up?" We used to throw eggs and snowballs at cars, mostly eggs. They worked better from our vantage point. I was good at hitting them, even in the night. Yes, I was a little hellion. I would kill a kid if that happened to me in this day and age. Boy, how times change…..

we used to get the rotten eggs from a 7/11 and nail cars at night, well that is until we hit a lake rangers car. he had no sense of humor about it at all, none.
had to wash the car the next day and got our butts beat good.

one night we got creative and rigged fishing line about 15' up phone poles, tied a sheet with a basketball for a ghost head, rigged it so that we could pull it across the road in front of cars. worked good the first 2 times, 3rd time was a cop and man did we run. never got caught for that one but it was funny to us the next day.

these days I would not have survived to 10 either.
Posted By: Uncle Zeek

Re: Driver shoots kids throwing snowballs. - 01/08/20 11:53 AM

Insane. I'll wait till more details are released, such as whether the driver had a license to carry, a criminal record, or whatever.
Posted By: redskeet100

Re: Driver shoots kids throwing snowballs. - 01/08/20 02:05 PM

Punishment does not really fit the crime in this one from the information provided in the article. Maybe there is more to the story, but he needs to be in jail.
Posted By: H2O Seeker

Re: Driver shoots kids throwing snowballs. - 01/08/20 02:12 PM

Originally Posted by Duck_Hunter
Throwing snowballs at cars is unacceptable, but it does not meet the level of physical violence by anyone other than the parents, who might whoop their kids’ butts. It sure as hell doesn’t meet the standard for shooting someone.

Don’t throw snowballs at cars. Definitely don’t shoot kids for throwing snowballs.

^^^This as a baseline. However there are a lot of factors in play here and more details will come out. Negligence and poor judegment on the part of the driver for sure.
Posted By: Duck_Hunter

Re: Driver shoots kids throwing snowballs. - 01/08/20 02:40 PM

Originally Posted by H2O Seeker
Originally Posted by Duck_Hunter

^^^This as a baseline. However there are a lot of factors in play here and more details will come out. Negligence and poor judegment on the part of the driver for sure.

You’re right, more details will come out. I just don’t see a scenario where this was an appropriate reaction to snowballs being thrown at a car.
Posted By: MBradford

Re: Driver shoots kids throwing snowballs. - 01/08/20 03:30 PM

Some 40 years ago when I was in high school, a group of us students were outside the school throwing snow balls at passing cars. Most of the drivers just kept going about their way. But one guy decided he was going to stop and do something about it. As soon as he stepped out of his car we immediately began to pelt him with more snow balls. I guess he decided that it wasn't such a big deal, and got back in his car and drove away. roflmao
Posted By: cocodrie

Re: Driver shoots kids throwing snowballs. - 01/08/20 04:17 PM

Of course there is a huge difference in snowballs versus most anything else... but you hear these stories of kids throwing stuff at cars and causing wrecks/death of the drivers. Say a snowball caused a wreck and the driver was paralyzed, maybe it was a pregnant lady, would the keyboard cowboys decide to open fire then? Throwing anything at cars is just a bad idea no matter the matter.
Posted By: BCBassCat

Re: Driver shoots kids throwing snowballs. - 01/08/20 04:18 PM

Originally Posted by cocodrie
Of course there is a huge difference in snowballs versus most anything else... but you hear these stories of kids throwing stuff at cars and causing wrecks/death of the drivers. Say a snowball caused a wreck and the driver was paralyzed, maybe it was a pregnant lady, would the keyboard cowboys decide to open fire then? Throwing anything at cars is just a bad idea no matter the matter.

Yep
Posted By: Kattelyn

Re: Driver shoots kids throwing snowballs. - 01/08/20 04:36 PM

Couldn't agree more. But that's a butt busting so bad they can't sit for a week. Not getting shot.
Posted By: barndoor

Re: Driver shoots kids throwing snowballs. - 01/08/20 05:04 PM

I never threw rocks, eggs, etc at anybody car because I didn’t want to get killed or kill an innocent driver by being stupid. Play stupid games win stupid prizes. I am glad their injuries were not life threatening. The driver does need to be sought for shooting recklessly into an group of kids.
Posted By: 96speed

Re: Driver shoots kids throwing snowballs. - 01/08/20 05:41 PM

Agreed. The world is way different now than it was 30 years ago. I threw a piece of dirt at a car once when I was <10. They stopped to confront me and I felt like a schmuck. Never did that again. Nowadays, you never know what to expect. Either way, we don't know details of the story (media coverage always sucks--these articles are only about the headline clickbait) so its impossible to know what really happened.
Posted By: Bentman63

Re: Driver shoots kids throwing snowballs. - 01/08/20 05:44 PM

When I was a kid and we used to get snow in Texas, we would throw snowballs at cars.

We would also make a dummy and throw it in front of cars
Posted By: Stump jumper

Re: Driver shoots kids throwing snowballs. - 01/08/20 06:42 PM

Did it all the time in WV. Lots of great vantage points to lob them. Always used loosely packed ones. After a bunch of snowballs got on the road drivers would become wary and slow down. Once there was a disturbance in our dorm and the cops were questioning a dude in the back seat of the squad car. I dared my roommate to throw one. I did not know that he was going to make an ice ball. The impact of it on the rear 1/4 echoed between the buildings. Those cops where really po'd.
Posted By: MARKIT

Re: Driver shoots kids throwing snowballs. - 01/08/20 06:45 PM

Originally Posted by Ranger1
I don't see a problem here
Posted By: Gusick

Re: Driver shoots kids throwing snowballs. - 01/08/20 06:51 PM

Over reaction
© 2024 Texas Fishing Forum