Texas Fishing Forum

Whiskey

Posted By: BassFever

Whiskey - 12/10/19 05:59 PM

Since reading the post about favorite whiskeys the other day. I've been searching for Wellers 12 and Blanton's to no avail. I did fine a Blackberry flavored whiskey that is very tasty with zero bitter after taste. A little sweet for sure but I like.
Posted By: Kentucky

Re: Whiskey - 12/10/19 06:00 PM

we take some bird dog blackberry whiskey to the lake. goes great with coors lite
Posted By: WAWI

Re: Whiskey - 12/10/19 06:07 PM

Originally Posted by BassFever
Since reading the post about favorite whiskeys the other day. I've been searching for Wellers 12 and Blanton's to no avail. I did fine a Blackberry flavored whiskey that is very tasty with zero bitter after taste. A little sweet for sure but I like.

I have both blantons and weller 12. Feel free to come buy a drink or 3.

Re: Whiskey - 12/10/19 06:21 PM

In fact 2 guests just enjoyed one of each with their lunch.
Posted By: 5PounderOnAFrog

Re: Whiskey - 12/10/19 07:58 PM

Hall's in Colleyville just got a case of Eagle Rare.
Posted By: Flymeister

Re: Whiskey - 12/10/19 08:04 PM

I'm headed to Fort Worth this Monday and have an extra bottle of Blanton's with the letter O; would like to trade for a T or Trademark N or S.
Posted By: Chris B

Re: Whiskey - 12/10/19 08:12 PM

Originally Posted by 5PounderOnAFrog
Hall's in Colleyville just got a case of Eagle Rare.

I've got a bottle of that given to me by a customer. Took one big swig. Taste just like whiskey to me. Guess I need some 7up to mix it in.
Posted By: Fishn_man

Re: Whiskey - 12/10/19 10:56 PM

I don't understand the Eagle Rare hype. It's average at best in my opinion. Matches the price point.
Posted By: TR176

Re: Whiskey - 12/11/19 12:04 AM

Originally Posted by Fishn_man
I don't understand the Eagle Rare hype. It's average at best in my opinion. Matches the price point.

The Eagle Rare hype is digital marketers doing what they do. There is no doubt some people on here are bots leading the unsuspecting to pay premium prices for swill.

Re: Whiskey - 12/11/19 12:16 AM

I have eagle rare, dollar for dollar best value out there
Posted By: spacejunkie

Re: Whiskey - 12/11/19 12:41 AM

Are you talking Eagle Rare 10 or Eagle Rare 17? Big difference.
Posted By: Frank the Tank

Re: Whiskey - 12/11/19 12:44 AM

Originally Posted by WAWI

If I’m ever in HEB on business, May I come by and say hello? Will probably be at lunch.
Posted By: McLovin’

Re: Whiskey - 12/11/19 01:20 AM

thank y'all for getting me hooked on the Eagle....and here in the Tyler area, its like finding Obamas birth certificate when you actually get a bottle...so I do grab one or three every time in in DFW

now searching for Wellers 12

Re: Whiskey - 12/11/19 01:38 AM

Originally Posted by Mudbone
thank y'all for getting me hooked on the Eagle....and here in the Tyler area, its like finding Obamas birth certificate when you actually get a bottle...so I do grab one or three every time in in DFW

now searching for Wellers 12

I have 12
Posted By: jwr

Re: Whiskey - 12/11/19 02:01 AM

Originally Posted by Flymeister
I'm headed to Fort Worth this Monday and have an extra bottle of Blanton's with the letter O; would like to trade for a T or Trademark N or S.

Attached picture 291FE01A-86C8-41AF-839D-BC49D530568C.jpeg
Posted By: jwr

Re: Whiskey - 12/11/19 02:02 AM

Originally Posted by jwr
Originally Posted by Flymeister

Send me PM and I will hook you up.

Re: Whiskey - 12/11/19 03:01 PM

Where, and what does a drink cost of either if you don't mind me asking?

Re: Whiskey - 12/11/19 03:05 PM

Originally Posted by TR176

The Eagle Rare hype is digital marketers doing what they do. There is no doubt some people on here are bots leading the unsuspecting to pay premium prices for swill.

Are you saying im a robot sent here to advertise Eagle Rare confused

Posted By: Stump jumper

Re: Whiskey - 12/11/19 06:27 PM

I will not mix anything in whiskey. On the rocks is the only way. Lately I have been drinking CC 9 year. The 12 year is as good or better than Crown but to me not worth the price diff. I throw in a bottle of JD now and then.

Re: Whiskey - 12/11/19 07:13 PM

Either that or you own stock in the company.

Re: Whiskey - 12/11/19 07:55 PM

Either that or you own stock in the company.

Originally Posted by Wikipedia
Sazerac Company, Inc is a privately held American alcoholic beverage company headquartered in Metairie in the metropolitan area of New Orleans, Louisiana, but with its principal office in Louisville, Kentucky.[3] The company is owned by billionaire William Goldring and his family. As of 2017, it operated nine distilleries, had 2,000 employees, and operated in 112 countries. It is one of the two largest spirits companies in the U.S., with annual revenue of about $1 billion made from selling about 300 mostly discount brands.[4][5][6]

Well I am not billionaire William Goldring, nor am i part of his family (although that would be cool). I am also not a robot as far as i can tell. I am, however, a guy that saw on facebook that some random store in Colleyville (close to Irving, the OP's location) was selling a hyped up whiskey and thought i would pass the info along in case he was interested.
Posted By: blooper961

Re: Whiskey - 12/11/19 08:58 PM

Greta says whiskey is eating our livers

Re: Whiskey - 12/11/19 09:01 PM

Bots often deny they are bots and billionaires.
Posted By: Bandit 200 XP

Re: Whiskey - 12/11/19 09:22 PM

Gentleman Jack

Re: Whiskey - 12/11/19 09:23 PM

Bottlecap keller, blantons is 16 and weller 12 is 14.

Re: Whiskey - 12/11/19 09:41 PM

Bots often deny they are bots and billionaires.

True. You got me there.

Re: Whiskey - 12/12/19 01:54 PM

Bottlecap keller, blantons is 16 and weller 12 is 14.

Thanks, but a little too rich for my pocketbook.
Posted By: RATZ

Re: Whiskey - 12/12/19 03:24 PM

Sazerac who owns buffalo trace which makes eagle rare, wellers, and blantons, and more tried to raise the price of bourbon by creating a shortage hoping other distilleries would do the same that's why it's so hard to find those.

Re: Whiskey - 12/12/19 03:46 PM

Originally Posted by RATZ
Sazerac who owns buffalo trace which makes eagle rare, wellers, and blantons, and more tried to raise the price of bourbon by creating a shortage hoping other distilleries would do the same that's why it's so hard to find those.

I tried Buffalo Trace last week. IMO is was nasty as F.

Re: Whiskey - 12/12/19 05:23 PM

Pappys too. I didn't create the game I'm just trying to survive it. It's almost impossible to get s ok me of the stuff. I have a order I place weekly and generally I get none of it. I made an order today for blantons, some of the wellers, pappy 10, pappy 12. I'm sure it will all be outed and I will get nada.

Re: Whiskey - 12/12/19 05:42 PM

Pappys too. I didn't create the game I'm just trying to survive it. It's almost impossible to get s ok me of the stuff. I have a order I place weekly and generally I get none of it. I made an order today for blantons, some of the wellers, pappy 10, pappy 12. I'm sure it will all be outed and I will get nada.

Get your distributor a nice Christmas gift and they might allocate a few more bottles to your store.
© 2024 Texas Fishing Forum