Texas Fishing Forum

Ok Cowboys fans lets be real ok.......

Posted By: Chug-bug-bang1

Ok Cowboys fans lets be real ok....... - 12/07/19 02:32 AM

After Garrett is terminated, will there be any coach in their RIGHT mind want to play in Jerry’s world????????
Posted By: Kicker16

Re: Ok Cowboys fans lets be real ok....... - 12/07/19 02:34 AM

Sure if he pays them what they want
Posted By: txmasterpo

Re: Ok Cowboys fans lets be real ok....... - 12/07/19 02:36 AM

This narrative that the cowboys are not a desirable coaching destination is complete bull [censored]
Posted By: Smurfs

Re: Ok Cowboys fans lets be real ok....... - 12/07/19 02:39 AM

Originally Posted by txmasterpo
This narrative that the cowboys are not a desirable coaching destination is complete bull [censored]

hmmm
Posted By: deucer02

Re: Ok Cowboys fans lets be real ok....... - 12/07/19 02:49 AM

Garrett will finish out the season for sure. He has been here as long as he has because he's a yes man. It's rare to be a yes man to Jones and be able to turn out a quality football team. Jimmy Johnson is the only one that's done it in spite of Jones rather than with Jones.
Posted By: PowerLizard

Re: Ok Cowboys fans lets be real ok....... - 12/07/19 02:51 AM

I am waiting for Jerry to give me a call. I will keep you all updated. I want $10 million/ year and a week on the yacht with the cheerleaders.
Posted By: Mark Perry

Re: Ok Cowboys fans lets be real ok....... - 12/07/19 03:07 AM

Originally Posted by Chug-bug-bang1
After Garrett is terminated, will there be any coach in their mind want to play in Jerry’s world????????

Urban Meyer has already publicly stated he would be very interested in the job.
Posted By: Westside.

Re: Ok Cowboys fans lets be real ok....... - 12/07/19 03:18 AM

I'm sure the list is long, of coaches that would love to have the job, the question is will they hire the right one.
Posted By: butch sanders

Re: Ok Cowboys fans lets be real ok....... - 12/07/19 03:26 AM

Originally Posted by deucer02
Garrett will finish out the season for sure. He has been here as long as he has because he's a yes man. It's rare to be a yes man to Jones and be able to turn out a quality football team. Jimmy Johnson is the only one that's done it in spite of Jones rather than with Jones.

no salary cap
Posted By: Frank the Tank

Re: Ok Cowboys fans lets be real ok....... - 12/07/19 03:36 AM

I agree. It’s a desirable position - you just have to be willing to put up with Jerry and his antics and not be in control. You are a coach only with no real input on personnel and at Jerry’s mercy.
Posted By: Scagnetti

Re: Ok Cowboys fans lets be real ok....... - 12/07/19 04:24 AM

Biff, when you have to follow in the footsteps of Jason Garrett, Wade Phillips, Bill Parcells, Dave Campo, Chan Gailey and Barry Switzer, those are some big [censored] shoes to fill.

That’s gold standard Canton material there!

BWHAHAHA!
Posted By: Chug-bug-bang1

Re: Ok Cowboys fans lets be real ok....... - 12/07/19 04:37 AM

Originally Posted by Scagnetti

Biff, when you have to follow in the footsteps of Jason Garrett, Wade Phillips, Bill Parcells, Dave Campo, Chan Gailey and Barry Switzer, those are some big [censored] shoes to fill.

That’s gold standard Canton material there!

BWHAHAHA!

The boss

Attached picture 21DF3A6A-E4AA-4E2D-AC7A-43E5FABA2371.jpeg
Posted By: machinist

Re: Ok Cowboys fans lets be real ok....... - 12/07/19 04:45 AM

If he will hire me there will be a TFF private box with free beer and food.
Posted By: marschall

Re: Ok Cowboys fans lets be real ok....... - 12/07/19 10:23 AM

Does it really matter who he hires ? He is and will always be the King of football in his mind . How long has he had to prove his way is the only way ? And the proof is in the pudding . Sorry Dallas fans but as long as Jerry owns the Cowboys it will never change . And yet ever time their is a home game look at the packed house and stands full of people paying his price to be there . Why should he . He is the owner , GM and president , and his ego has ruined a once great team . Every time I see him on TV I want to puke .
Posted By: Jimbo

Re: Ok Cowboys fans lets be real ok....... - 12/07/19 11:00 AM

The rub I believe is going to be when the new coach whoever it may be will want to bring in his own assistant coaches, and Jerry will want to have the last say as to that matter.
I don't think some of those well known coaches will go for Jerry telling them they can't have who they want. JMHO
Posted By: Fishspanker

Re: Ok Cowboys fans lets be real ok....... - 12/07/19 01:07 PM

According to Cowboy fans the Talent is there. Jerry isn’t coaching the team, Garrett is. A decent coach could have them at 10-6. With a top level organization they could be 13-3.

They can definitely get a better head coach. They might have to pay thru the nose.They have the money.
Posted By: dobbin

Re: Ok Cowboys fans lets be real ok....... - 12/07/19 02:13 PM

Who ever they get to coach needs a fire in his belly to coach not just stand on the side line with that blank stare. I know it is not Jason's style but just once he needs to chew some butt on the sideline to at least show everyone he wants to win. Watching him on camera he looks lost and can not make a decision to change the game plan if the one he is using is not working but again who know that might be what he is getting paid to do.
Posted By: txmasterpo

Re: Ok Cowboys fans lets be real ok....... - 12/08/19 12:35 AM

I don't believe in the roster anymore actually....these MF millionaires have no heart
Posted By: CrazyCrappieGuy

Re: Ok Cowboys fans lets be real ok....... - 12/08/19 01:01 AM

If I was a coach, I would love to have Jerry as an owner and GM, I would play him like a fiddle like Parcells did. Just give him some lime light all he needs.
Posted By: blooper961

Re: Ok Cowboys fans lets be real ok....... - 12/08/19 02:01 AM

Be real...another 8 and 8 season
Posted By: leethefishking

Re: Ok Cowboys fans lets be real ok....... - 12/08/19 02:09 AM

I don't believe in the roster anymore actually....these MF millionaires have no heart
I agree, how does a professional athlete wrap someone up then just let them run right out of their arms. If I didn’t know better I would swear the defense was betting money on the bears. It looked too ridiculous to be real.
Posted By: Fishn_man

Re: Ok Cowboys fans lets be real ok....... - 12/08/19 02:25 AM

Originally Posted by marschall
Does it really matter who he hires ? He is and will always be the King of football in his mind . How long has he had to prove his way is the only way ? And the proof is in the pudding . Sorry Dallas fans but as long as Jerry owns the Cowboys it will never change . And yet ever time their is a home game look at the packed house and stands full of people paying his price to be there . Why should he . He is the owner , GM and president , and his ego has ruined a once great team . Every time I see him on TV I want to puke .

Well said, nothing will change until the owner / management changes.
Posted By: Bass-N-Buck Master

Re: Ok Cowboys fans lets be real ok....... - 12/08/19 02:43 AM

There will never be a college coach to ever bring success to the Cowboys year in and year out, yea there may be one who has short term success, but you need an NFL coach who has been in the NFL as some type of assistant coach for at least 10+ years to be successful look at bellicheck, reid, payton, Tomlin. I know there is Pete Carroll but if you gonthe college route your hoping you find that needle omg the haystack, Sabah didn't lst and you see what he accomplished. Johnson did good but didn't last long. But hey wo knows maybe Meyer is the next guy but I don't think so. Just my 2cents
Posted By: tricky

Re: Ok Cowboys fans lets be real ok....... - 12/08/19 03:10 AM

We need to Vander Esch and Heath back. Get into the playoffs, get hot and make the run for the 6th Soooopa Bowl.
We don’t need no new coach bolt
Posted By: lconn4

Re: Ok Cowboys fans lets be real ok....... - 12/08/19 03:52 AM

Originally Posted by tricky
We need to get Vander Esch and Heath back. Get into the playoffs, get hot and make the run for the 6th Soooopa Bowl.
We don’t need no new coach bolt

yep, I think that will do the trick
Posted By: 2014NITROZ-7

Re: Ok Cowboys fans lets be real ok....... - 12/08/19 04:34 AM

Win the super bowl,keep clapper. Just so we have something to talk about. Also keep Jon Daniels to screw up the baseball season,its win-win. LOL
Posted By: John175☮

Re: Ok Cowboys fans lets be real ok....... - 12/08/19 12:43 PM

Cowboys are sandbaggin' to get a premium draft pick. Jones is one smart cookie.
Posted By: Okie Poke

Re: Ok Cowboys fans lets be real ok....... - 12/08/19 12:58 PM

Originally Posted by John175☮
Cowboys are sandbaggin' to get a premium draft pick. Jones is one smart cookie.

I knew someone could figure out the strategy.
Posted By: CCTX

Re: Ok Cowboys fans lets be real ok....... - 12/08/19 01:33 PM

To draft his grandson in the sixth round?
© 2024 Texas Fishing Forum