Texas Fishing Forum

Cowboys Defense

Posted By: Pilothawk

Cowboys Defense - 12/06/19 04:59 PM

I was going to offer a comment about the Dallas Cowboy defense.

Unfortunately, I did not see any defense upon which to comment.
Posted By: Emit R Detsaw

Re: Cowboys Defense - 12/06/19 05:21 PM

They have a Mexican Defense:
[Linked Image]
Posted By: Mark Perry

Re: Cowboys Defense - 12/06/19 05:44 PM

I posted on here when they were 3-0 that they had better tighten up that defense as the season rolls on. I was told I was crazy, they would get it together, this defense was gonna be special and gonna be great and that the young DBs were gonna really improve.

Well here we are.
Posted By: Urban Fisher

Re: Cowboys Defense - 12/06/19 05:46 PM

Originally Posted by Mark Perry
I posted on here when they were 3-0 that they had better tighten up that defense when the season rolls on. I was told i was crazy, they would get it together, this defense was gonna be special and great and that the young DBs were gonna really improve.

Well here we are.

I don't believe a word you said.
Posted By: Mark Perry

Re: Cowboys Defense - 12/06/19 05:48 PM

Originally Posted by Urban Fisher
I posted on here when they were 3-0 that they had better tighten up that defense when the season rolls on. I was told i was crazy, they would get it together, this defense was gonna be special and great and that the young DBs were gonna really improve.

Well here we are.

I don't believe a word you said.

Been married almost 30 years. I'm used to that..... roflmao
Posted By: silvers

Re: Cowboys Defense - 12/06/19 06:22 PM

Not to worried about it because I know the hype train will roll again next year
Posted By: Stump jumper

Re: Cowboys Defense - 12/06/19 06:29 PM

Aikman stated last night that they have allowed more big plays than any other team but still have a top 10 ranking.
Posted By: Emit R Detsaw

Re: Cowboys Defense - 12/06/19 06:38 PM

The saddest thing, as bad as they have been, they are still in first place in their division. Anything can happen once the playoffs start.

roflmao bolt
Posted By: 2014NITROZ-7

Re: Cowboys Defense - 12/06/19 07:12 PM

Their defense is pretty offensive.
Posted By: machinist

Re: Cowboys Defense - 12/07/19 04:54 AM

Well they damn sure can't can't tackle.
Posted By: banker-always fishing

Re: Cowboys Defense - 12/07/19 05:14 AM

Originally Posted by Emit R Detsaw
The saddest thing, as bad as they have been, they are still in first place in their division. Anything can happen once the playoffs start.

roflmao bolt

Plus #1. thumb
Posted By: Team Skeeterless

Re: Cowboys Defense - 12/07/19 07:57 AM

Allowing fewest yards is only bc the avg starting position of opposing teams has been so great all year. Cowboys have severely been out played as far as avg starting positions all year! When opposing teams always start at 30-40 yard line sure makes it easy!
Posted By: Jimbo

Re: Cowboys Defense - 12/07/19 10:13 AM

I posted on here when they were 3-0 that they had better tighten up that defense as the season rolls on. I was told I was crazy, they would get it together, this defense was gonna be special and gonna be great and that the young DBs were gonna really improve.

Well here we are.

I believed this also, and I could never understand why every "expert" was marveling about that ghost defense they had.
"Defense wins championships," and it's old and stale to say that, but the lack there of is more true for the Cowboys.
Also when someone called the O line the best in football, it would seem strange to me when Zeke would get only 2 or 3 yards on those runs where the opposing defenses took him out of the game.
At the start of the season it was, "Zeke is just rusty," and as the season wore on it was his lack of effort.
I saw it as all the above, and when you can't even pick up but a couple of yards it's because the hole wasn't there, it pointed to other problems besides Zeke and his effort, and the pass protection made Dak look like an elite QB, and at other times, he was viewed as not the answer for the Cowboys.
Throw in horrible coaching and play calling, penalties, dropped passes, and its no wonder we are where we are today!
Posted By: Rudy Cortinas

Re: Cowboys Defense - 12/07/19 11:31 AM

there was once talk of what a great defensive coach Marinelli was barf Maybe he can catch a ride out of town with Red Clapper ?
Posted By: Okie Poke

Re: Cowboys Defense - 12/07/19 11:49 AM

I still smell Sooooopa…..but it's for necks year. Already got that feeling. Should I go see a psychiatrist for my problem?
Posted By: forkduc

Re: Cowboys Defense - 12/07/19 03:21 PM

Biggest disappointment of this season.
© 2024 Texas Fishing Forum