Texas Fishing Forum

Management Reaction Ridiculous or Not

Posted By: T Bird

Management Reaction Ridiculous or Not - 12/05/19 02:44 PM

The San Francisco 49ers have suspended broadcaster Tim Ryan for saying that Baltimore Ravens quarterback Lamar Jackson has an advantage in faking handoffs because of his “dark skin with a dark football,” the San Francisco Chronicle reported Wednesday.

According to the Chronicle, the comments were made Monday during Ryan’s weekly segment on local radio station KNBR’s “Murph and Mac” morning radio show when discussing Jackson’s exceptional performance last weekend against the Niners.

Jackson rushed for over 100 yards in the Ravens’ 20-17 win, many of which came after successfully faking handoffs and running the ball himself.

“He’s really good at that fake, Lamar Jackson, but when you consider his dark skin with a dark football with a dark uniform, you could not see that thing,” Ryan said on air, according to the Chronicle. “I mean you literally could not see when he was in and out of the mesh point and if you’re a half step slow on him in terms of your vision forget about it, he’s out of the gate.”

IMO Ryan nailed it. I read absolutely nothing offensive about his comments.
Posted By: Patriot Guard Rider

Re: Management Reaction Ridiculous or Not - 12/05/19 02:49 PM

I don't have a problem with it either, but in today's world it will probably cost him his job.
Posted By: CCTX

Re: Management Reaction Ridiculous or Not - 12/05/19 02:50 PM

Nothing offensive.
Posted By: UTDmiller

Re: Management Reaction Ridiculous or Not - 12/05/19 02:51 PM

Probably not the smartest choice of words
Posted By: silvers

Re: Management Reaction Ridiculous or Not - 12/05/19 03:05 PM

The truth sucks
Posted By: Mark C

Re: Management Reaction Ridiculous or Not - 12/05/19 03:16 PM

Has anyone asked Jackson how he feels about that or are they just offended on his behalf? Doubt he cares. He'd probably agree.
Posted By: donothin

Re: Management Reaction Ridiculous or Not - 12/05/19 03:18 PM

Management gets it. They heard it, responded, and the guy is suspended for a day or so, then they move on. Probably not a smart thing for Ryan to say, but he will learn from it.
Posted By: beartrap

Re: Management Reaction Ridiculous or Not - 12/05/19 03:21 PM

would he have lost his job if his comment had been about a baseball pitcher and white skin?....
the answer is no.....
if you want equality,quit whining, clean up your act and there won't be any racism....
Posted By: H2O Seeker

Re: Management Reaction Ridiculous or Not - 12/05/19 03:28 PM

Originally Posted by beartrap
would he have lost his job if his comment had been about a baseball pitcher and white skin?....
the answer is no.....
if you want equality,quit whining, clean up your act and there won't be any racism....

Was the intent racist? I doubt it but only he knows.

To answer your question it may not come up specifically regarding a white pticher however that is why white long sleeves are not allowed by pitchers in baseball. Same premise in disguising the ball. Also why the batter's eye is green....
Posted By: BCBassCat

Re: Management Reaction Ridiculous or Not - 12/05/19 03:34 PM

I’d be more concerned about calling him a horse. You know “out of the gate”.....
Posted By: Bigbob_FTW

Re: Management Reaction Ridiculous or Not - 12/05/19 03:39 PM

Jimmy the greek didn't say anything worse.
Posted By: GTrigg

Re: Management Reaction Ridiculous or Not - 12/05/19 03:42 PM

Originally Posted by Bigbob_FTW
Jimmy the greek didn't say anything worse.

Beat me to it Bob... thumb
Posted By: Mark C

Re: Management Reaction Ridiculous or Not - 12/05/19 03:47 PM

If a GB announcer said the ball really shows up well against against Rodger's white skin making it easier to see would that be racist?
Posted By: COFF

Re: Management Reaction Ridiculous or Not - 12/05/19 03:47 PM

It is difficult for me to understand how it can be deemed racist to make a comment about the physical attributes of a person's body.

Lamar Jackson is tall which helps him see over the O-line. NOT RACIST.
Lamar Jackson can throw the ball very far, and very accurately. NOT RACIST.
Lamar Jackson is really fast. NOT RACIST.
Lamar Jackson's skin tone blends in with the color of the ball. NOT RA...
[Linked Image]
Posted By: H2O Seeker

Re: Management Reaction Ridiculous or Not - 12/05/19 03:51 PM

Originally Posted by COFF
It is difficult for me to understand how it can be deemed racist to make a comment about the physical attributes of a person's body.

Lamar Jackson is tall which helps him see over the O-line. NOT RACIST.
Lamar Jackson can throw the ball very far, and very accurately. NOT RACIST.
Lamar Jackson is really fast. NOT RACIST.
Lamar Jackson's skin tone blends in with the color of the ball. NOT RA...
[Linked Image]

With my eyes closed this sounds like a skinny Samoan QB from Hawaii.
Posted By: Scoundrel

Re: Management Reaction Ridiculous or Not - 12/05/19 03:51 PM

When chasing bass I generally wear “green pumpkin” or “fire tiger” long sleeve shirt, gloves, and ski mask depending on the conditions - bolt
Posted By: bloo_rainger

Re: Management Reaction Ridiculous or Not - 12/05/19 05:59 PM

I just talked to Jimmy the Greek. He told me that was probably the wrong thing to say.....
Posted By: joebass2

Re: Management Reaction Ridiculous or Not - 12/06/19 12:52 AM

Maybe a regular football can be used when Baltimore is on offense and a light tan one used when a team with a white qb is on offense. woot bolt
© 2024 Texas Fishing Forum