Texas Fishing Forum

Lawlessness in Mexico

Posted By: Jpurdue

Lawlessness in Mexico - 12/02/19 04:02 PM

Mexico seems to be getting scarier by the day. Now the cartel's are storming hospitals removing patients and dismembering them. Not sure how they solve this problem, but the cartels seem to be basically operating with impunity.

https://www.foxnews.com/world/mexican-gunmen-hospital-kidnapping-dismembered-violence
Posted By: ReelBusy

Re: Lawlessness in Mexico - 12/02/19 04:06 PM

Crazy down there

https://www.theepochtimes.com/21-ki...q021jk2aBKPEgSvUdpkhBrd73mBIWYRNlPB8-gBw
Posted By: Bigbob_FTW

Re: Lawlessness in Mexico - 12/02/19 04:11 PM

Their president says they just need more love.
Posted By: leethefishking

Re: Lawlessness in Mexico - 12/02/19 04:13 PM

But their lakes are totally safe. Get chastised on bass page for even mentioning people should have their head on a swivel over there.
Posted By: T Bird

Re: Lawlessness in Mexico - 12/02/19 04:14 PM

May I suggest [Linked Image]
Posted By: H2O Seeker

Re: Lawlessness in Mexico - 12/02/19 04:14 PM

I have no interest in going south of the border anymore.
Posted By: Jman

Re: Lawlessness in Mexico - 12/02/19 04:37 PM

And you wonder why they flock here by the thousands. They’ll do anything and pay any price to get out of that [censored] hole.

If we want to stop illegal immigration then there has to be a place they can feel safe calling home and jobs that pay more than a couple hundred a week. Until that gets solved it will never subside.

Re: Lawlessness in Mexico - 12/02/19 04:41 PM

Originally Posted by Jman
And you wonder why they flock here by the thousands. They’ll do anything and pay any price to get out of that [censored] hole.

If we want to stop illegal immigration then there has to be a place they can feel safe calling home and jobs that pay more than a couple hundred a week. Until that gets solved it will never subside.

you would have to include all of central america too. tall order.
Posted By: hopalong

Re: Lawlessness in Mexico - 12/02/19 04:53 PM

lets just send the gov. of kalifornicate, he will have the country so screwed up in a week that the cartels will want asylum here.
Posted By: Chris B

Re: Lawlessness in Mexico - 12/02/19 06:05 PM

A country where only the bad guys are allowed to own guns. hmmm
Posted By: Okie Poke

Re: Lawlessness in Mexico - 12/02/19 06:13 PM

Originally Posted by H2O Seeker
I have no interest in going south of the border anymore.

Never, ever...….
Posted By: Scagnetti

Re: Lawlessness in Mexico - 12/02/19 06:16 PM

In 2017, 31.3 million people visited Mexico which represents 40% of all international travelers. That's an increase of 13% over the previous year.

Mexico is by far the MOST traveled to foreign destination for Americans.

I'm much more concerned about going to a mall, church, movie, etc. in America where some "disaffected youth" might be there to kill as many as he can than I am traveling to Mexico.
Posted By: UGLYSHCTICK

Re: Lawlessness in Mexico - 12/02/19 06:18 PM

Originally Posted by Bigbob_FTW

you would have to include all of central america too. tall order.

I still say over throw the whole country and then some, just stop at Panama. Just a little sliver of land to uphold.

Re: Lawlessness in Mexico - 12/02/19 06:26 PM

Originally Posted by Scagnetti
In 2017, 31.3 million people visited Mexico which represents 40% of all international travelers. That's an increase of 13% over the previous year.

I'm much more concerned about going to a mall, church, movie, etc. in America where some "disaffected youth" might be there to kill as many as he can than I am traveling to Mexico.

Well the murder rate per 100,000 in the US is about 5. In Mexico it's about 30. So there's that math.
Posted By: CCTX

Re: Lawlessness in Mexico - 12/02/19 06:29 PM

Land invasion doesn’t work with limited military—already spread too thin in the Middle East and other places
You can’t just stop at Panama; you would have to capture Venezuela, Bolivia, Columbia, Peru, Brazil
It would be an expensive exercise in futility.

Treat the traffickers as terrorists and seize their assets/bank accounts/retirement accounts/brokerage accounts/bitcoin/etc with just a warrant/no trial needed.
You take away their money and they can’t make payroll/afford military grade weapons/pay off government officials.

With our Constitution and legal system; we can’t have Singaporean like laws such as automatic death penalty for possession. We’ve been battling the supply problem for fifty years plus and it hasn’t worked (only gotten worse)
Posted By: Bob Davis

Re: Lawlessness in Mexico - 12/02/19 06:31 PM

We should have open borders so the Cartel can run amuck up into the USA more freely. That would be cool. I need to cycle some ammo anyway.

Re: Lawlessness in Mexico - 12/02/19 06:48 PM

Originally Posted by Jpurdue

Well the murder rate per 100,000 in the US is about 5. In Mexico it's about 30. So there's that math.

I was told there would be no long division.
Posted By: John175☮

Re: Lawlessness in Mexico - 12/02/19 06:58 PM

Did they include Arlington in the US stats?

Re: Lawlessness in Mexico - 12/02/19 07:06 PM

roflmao
Posted By: silvers

Re: Lawlessness in Mexico - 12/02/19 07:10 PM

That’s just the folks going back and forth not true vacationers
Posted By: 6BOOMER

Re: Lawlessness in Mexico - 12/02/19 07:13 PM

Originally Posted by Bob Davis
We should have open borders so the Cartel can run amuck up into the USA more freely. That would be cool. I need to cycle some ammo anyway.

Don't need open borders for them, there already here.

https://www.courier-journal.com/in-...pire-devastating-small-towns/4181733002/

Re: Lawlessness in Mexico - 12/02/19 07:28 PM

Originally Posted by silvers

That’s just the folks going back and forth not true vacationers

The most traveled to destinations in Mexico are Cancun, Oaxaca, Mexico City, Guanajuato, Puerto Vallarta, Cabo San Lucas, San Miguel de Allende to name a few.

The majority of those places are vacation destinations.

Re: Lawlessness in Mexico - 12/02/19 07:33 PM

Arlington is also a popular vacation destination
Six Flags
Jerry World
Hurricane Harbor
Wax Museum/Ripley’s
Little Raners
Lake A

Re: Lawlessness in Mexico - 12/02/19 07:35 PM

Originally Posted by CCTX
Six Flags
Jerry World
Hurricane Harbor
Wax Museum/Ripley’s
Little Raners
Lake A

lake arlington is a popular vacation destination? roflmao

Re: Lawlessness in Mexico - 12/02/19 07:37 PM

The most beautiful floating diaper sunset you will ever see smile
Posted By: MBradford

Re: Lawlessness in Mexico - 12/02/19 07:39 PM

Six Flags
Jerry World
Hurricane Harbor
Wax Museum/Ripley’s
Little Raners
Lake A

The wax museum/Ripley's is in Grand Prairie. However, Arlington does have the Bowling Hall of Fame.

Re: Lawlessness in Mexico - 12/02/19 07:41 PM

Originally Posted by MBradford
Six Flags
Jerry World
Hurricane Harbor
Wax Museum/Ripley’s
Little Raners
Lake A

The wax museum/Ripley's is in Grand Prairie. However, Arlington does have the Bowling Hall of Fame.

top notch entertainment right there! hammer

Re: Lawlessness in Mexico - 12/02/19 07:42 PM

You are correct. Ripley’s is like the Tulum of Cancun. Not in Cancun, but close enough.
Posted By: senko9S

Re: Lawlessness in Mexico - 12/02/19 07:52 PM

don't forget the lovely xmas lights across the street from the dump.
Posted By: fouzman

Re: Lawlessness in Mexico - 12/02/19 07:52 PM

Yet tourism only accounts for 8.5% of Mexico's GDP. And that was in 2017. Tourism is way off in Mexico right now.

Re: Lawlessness in Mexico - 12/02/19 07:54 PM

Originally Posted by fouzman

Yet tourism only accounts for 8.5% of Mexico's GDP. And that was in 2017. Tourism is way off in Mexico right now.

I couldn't find any travel stats for 2018 or 2019.
Posted By: Arkansas10 bass

Re: Lawlessness in Mexico - 12/02/19 08:25 PM

https://www.courier-journal.com/in-...pire-devastating-small-towns/4181733002/

Incredible reading. Be afraid, very afraid.

Re: Lawlessness in Mexico - 12/02/19 08:33 PM

https://www.breitbart.com/border/20...jack-two-u-s-tourists-near-texas-border/

Re: Lawlessness in Mexico - 12/02/19 08:36 PM

The world would be a better place without him, but I’ve got a big problem with the first paragraph
[Linked Image]

The addict/drug abuser has at least 50% of the blame

You take away one supply stream for an addict/drug abuser and they will find another supply of the same thing or seek out an alternative

If you got rid of all the illegal drugs in this country; there would be a liquor shortage and alcohol related deaths would sky rocket.

Addicts/drug abusers tend to find a way to kill themselves; many of them want this end, sort of like a compulsive gambler wants to become broke and destitute. Often times, the damage they do to themselves has collateral damage.
Posted By: SAKS

Re: Lawlessness in Mexico - 12/02/19 08:56 PM

Originally Posted by MBradford
Six Flags
Jerry World
Hurricane Harbor
Wax Museum/Ripley’s
Little Raners
Lake A

top notch entertainment right there! hammer

And don't forget Texas Live.
Posted By: Bob Davis

Re: Lawlessness in Mexico - 12/02/19 09:32 PM

The world would be a batter place without him, but I’ve got a big problem with the first paragraph
[Linked Image]

The addict/drug abuser has at least 50% of the blame

You take away one supply stream for an addict/drug abuser and they will find another supply of the same thing or seek out an alternative

If you got rid of all the illegal drugs in this country; there would be a liquor shortage and alcohol related deaths would sky rocket.

Addicts/drug abusers tend to find a way to kill themselves; many of them want this end, sort of like a compulsive gambler wants to become broke and destitute. Often times, the damage they do to themselves has collateral damage.

I don't buy into the blame shift to the addicts/users for the border problem. Some maybe, since they are the "demand" in the equation, but the porosity of the southern border is mostly due to the lack of sufficient physical barrier and the reluctance of libtards to come to the table on illegal immigration control. Tougher enforcement and stop any federal funds to idiotic sanctuary cities.
Posted By: butch sanders

Re: Lawlessness in Mexico - 12/02/19 09:55 PM

yep

we have a Guatemalan man working for us
as a labourer
he was
a professor down there
highly intelligent
sad
he is grateful to be here

Re: Lawlessness in Mexico - 12/02/19 09:57 PM

Six Flags
Jerry World
Hurricane Harbor
Wax Museum/Ripley’s
Little Raners
Lake A

yes

don't forget we got
The Medal of Honor Museum now

Re: Lawlessness in Mexico - 12/02/19 09:59 PM

Originally Posted by John175☮

Did they include Arlington in the US stats?

it would go way down
if they did
Posted By: John175☮

Re: Lawlessness in Mexico - 12/02/19 10:07 PM

roflmao

Re: Lawlessness in Mexico - 12/02/19 10:08 PM

Two different problems with some common variables.
A physical barrier is easily bypassed with air and water drones, tunnels, and trucks.

Most of the addicts in Mexico would want to stay there—it’s cheaper

Undocumented and fraudulently documented workers paid in cash without tax collection while over using state and federal services is not good for the treasury’s cash flow.

There is also an addiction to low cost labor and services.
We know it’s bad for us; but it’s perpetuated and encouraged.
Posted By: 2014NITROZ-7

Re: Lawlessness in Mexico - 12/02/19 10:19 PM

"Most of the addicts in Mexico would want to stay there—it’s cheaper" CCTX maybe you are on to something, instead of putting addicts in prison we send them to Mexico.

Re: Lawlessness in Mexico - 12/02/19 10:22 PM

A physical barrier is easily bypassed with air and water drones, tunnels, and trucks.

Undocumented and fraudulently documented workers paid in cash without tax collection while over using state and federal services is not good for the treasury’s cash flow.

It's almost impossible to curtail America's insatiable appetite for drugs.

According to U.S. Customs and Border Protection, 90% of heroin seized along the border, 88% of cocaine, 87% of methamphetamine, and 80% of fentanyl in the first 11 months of the 2018 was caught trying to be smuggled in at legal crossing points.

San Ysidro Port of Entry in southern California, the busiest port has 100,000 people (20,000 pedestrians) crossing through each day and 70,000 northbound vehicles as well.

How do you search 70,000 vehicles a day? Ah... you can't.

Re: Lawlessness in Mexico - 12/02/19 10:28 PM

It's almost impossible to curtail America's insatiable appetite for drugs.

According to U.S. Customs and Border Protection, 90% of heroin seized along the border, 88% of cocaine, 87% of methamphetamine, and 80% of fentanyl in the first 11 months of the 2018 was caught trying to be smuggled in at legal crossing points.

San Ysidro Port of Entry in southern California, the busiest port has 100,000 people (20,000 pedestrians) crossing through each day and 70,000 northbound vehicles as well.

How do you search 70,000 vehicles a day? Ah... you can't.

Nope. To them t's part of the cost of doing business.
Posted By: TR176

Re: Lawlessness in Mexico - 12/02/19 11:07 PM

The obvious answer is to eliminate fossil fuels.
Posted By: banker-always fishing

Re: Lawlessness in Mexico - 12/02/19 11:19 PM

Whats New! eeks
Posted By: RayBob

Re: Lawlessness in Mexico - 12/02/19 11:54 PM

I ain't going to either.

Let's add this also:

https://www.jsonline.com/story/news...s-blackouts-tourists-continue/733401002/

https://www.cbsnews.com/news/abbey-...ossibly-tainted-alcohol-iberostar-hotel/

https://blackdoctor.org/515616/10000-gallons-of-tainted-alcohol-seized-from-mexican-resorts/
Posted By: RayBob

Re: Lawlessness in Mexico - 12/02/19 11:55 PM

Originally Posted by TR176
The obvious answer is to eliminate fossil fuels.

No, no, no, ... Trump is behind this !
Posted By: Bass Bug

Re: Lawlessness in Mexico - 12/03/19 12:34 AM

how many of those are cruise ship passengers ?
Posted By: Beer Money

Re: Lawlessness in Mexico - 12/03/19 12:48 AM

Originally Posted by Bass Bug

Boatloads

Re: Lawlessness in Mexico - 12/03/19 01:01 AM

Originally Posted by Beer Money

Boatloads

laugh
Posted By: Dfitz

Re: Lawlessness in Mexico - 12/03/19 01:47 AM

Originally Posted by Beer Money

Boatloads

clap
Posted By: Tneel

Re: Lawlessness in Mexico - 12/03/19 02:41 AM

Six Flags
Jerry World
Hurricane Harbor
Wax Museum/Ripley’s
Little Raners
Lake A

Arlington is just the new East side Ft Worth
Posted By: Westside.

Re: Lawlessness in Mexico - 12/03/19 03:06 AM

Originally Posted by Tneel
Six Flags
Jerry World
Hurricane Harbor
Wax Museum/Ripley’s
Little Raners
Lake A

Arlington should never be associated with Ft.Worth, it may reside in the same county, but it's a s-hole totally distinct to itself

Re: Lawlessness in Mexico - 12/03/19 03:41 AM

Originally Posted by Westside.
Six Flags
Jerry World
Hurricane Harbor
Wax Museum/Ripley’s
Little Raners
Lake A

Arlington should never be associated with Ft.Worth, it may reside in the same county, but it's a s-hole totally distinct to itself

Fort Worth?
Posted By: Westside.

Re: Lawlessness in Mexico - 12/03/19 03:44 AM

I should have been more clear, Arlington is a cesspool
Posted By: Duck_Hunter

Re: Lawlessness in Mexico - 12/03/19 04:49 AM

Six Flags
Jerry World
Hurricane Harbor
Wax Museum/Ripley’s
Little Raners
Lake A

Someone is misguided here.
Posted By: Bee'z

Re: Lawlessness in Mexico - 12/03/19 06:09 AM

This turned into a great laugh before bed clap
Posted By: Nickbyrd

Re: Lawlessness in Mexico - 12/03/19 06:18 AM

Greeeeeeat and I just so happen to be right on the border at the moment ....
Posted By: Okie Poke

Re: Lawlessness in Mexico - 12/03/19 10:53 AM

Originally Posted by Nickbyrd
Greeeeeeat and I just so happen to be right on the border at the moment ....

Keep your eyes and ears peeled back at all times, dude....they don't play games down there.
Posted By: Hard Rain

Re: Lawlessness in Mexico - 12/03/19 12:42 PM

I have been to beaches in Mexico many times never any real issues but was with large groups each time from my wife's work. We have been there done that probably close to a dozen times and zero plans to ever step foot in Mexico again and the recent news just confirms that plan. Her work has pretty much stopped the trips as a bonus but the last 2 we simply passed anyway no desire to go back.

Re: Lawlessness in Mexico - 12/03/19 01:37 PM

I lived in Guadalajara for the better part of a year back in 2011. Back then I was told that Guadalajara was El Chapo's city very little crime happened there without his approval. So as long as you stayed off his radar (which wasn't hard for me) it was actually a fairly safe. Sure seems like it's much like the middle east now where we remove the strongmen and things actually get worse. Traded the devil we know for the devils we don't.

Re: Lawlessness in Mexico - 12/03/19 02:16 PM

thats dumb
what hood do you live in?

if you read the news
there are 2 murders & 1 suspicious fire
reported on today
in Fort Worth
ZERO in Arlington

i like Fort Worth
& my neighborhood is not a cesspool

Re: Lawlessness in Mexico - 12/03/19 04:19 PM

Originally Posted by butch sanders

thats dumb

if you read the news
reported on today
in Fort Worth
ZERO in Arlington

i like Fort Worth

except that it floods and is full of gunfights.
Posted By: elcoyote, esq.

Re: Lawlessness in Mexico - 12/03/19 04:32 PM

thats dumb

if you read the news
reported on today
in Fort Worth
ZERO in Arlington

i like Fort Worth

Deputy dog keeps the criminals under control with his patented rifle on the porch method of law enforcement, but deputy dog can’t be held responsible for poor city drainage planning or leaves being blown down into the storm sewers.
Posted By: BlueNitro

Re: Lawlessness in Mexico - 12/03/19 08:28 PM

I lived in Guadalajara for the better part of a year back in 2011. Back then I was told that Guadalajara was El Chapo's city very little crime happened there without his approval. So as long as you stayed off his radar (which wasn't hard for me) it was actually a fairly safe. Sure seems like it's much like the middle east now where we remove the strongmen and things actually get worse. Traded the devil we know for the devils we don't.

I would go to Guadalajara in the late 90's to visit the Motorola site (and get extremely drunk). I would walk from my hotel to the site and would pass 6 -7 houses that you knew were cartel due to the huge vatos wearing $1,000 jackets in 110 degree heat. Fairly safe?!? Tell that to the dozen innocent bystanders that were killed in crossfire outside a house that I had walked by at least 20 times the week before. Our company pulled all our employees and that was my last trip to Guadalajara.

Only thing I miss were the street tacos and tequila.

Re: Lawlessness in Mexico - 12/03/19 08:30 PM

Originally Posted by elcoyote, esq.

thats dumb

if you read the news
reported on today
in Fort Worth
ZERO in Arlington

i like Fort Worth

Deputy dog keeps the criminals under control with his patented rifle on the porch method of law enforcement, but deputy dog can’t be held responsible for poor city drainage planning or leaves being blown down into the storm sewers.

the creek is being taken care of now
Double D doesn't need a rifle
thats the best part

Re: Lawlessness in Mexico - 12/03/19 08:36 PM

thats dumb

if you read the news
reported on today
in Fort Worth
ZERO in Arlington

i like Fort Worth

&
both of those events
made the legend of
Double D
only grow larger
via the #5 tv audience
in the world

Re: Lawlessness in Mexico - 12/03/19 08:36 PM

Originally Posted by BlueNitro

I would go to Guadalajara in the late 90's to visit the Motorola site (and get extremely drunk). I would walk from my hotel to the site and would pass 6 -7 houses that you knew were cartel due to the huge vatos wearing $1,000 jackets in 110 degree heat. Fairly safe?!? Tell that to the dozen innocent bystanders that were killed in crossfire outside a house that I had walked by at least 20 times the week before. Our company pulled all our employees and that was my last trip to Guadalajara.

Only thing I miss were the street tacos and tequila.

we have plants in Guadalajara, Toluca and Monterrey. we haven't had any trouble, but they have security for sure.
© 2024 Texas Fishing Forum