Texas Fishing Forum

CFP

Posted By: Frank the Tank

CFP - 12/01/19 01:09 AM

Bama loss opens the door for Choklahoma & Utah. Gonna be a fun week!!! Utah’s defense is VERY good. I’d like to see them get in.
Posted By: silvers

Re: CFP - 12/01/19 01:15 AM

What does it matter

Re: CFP - 12/01/19 01:35 AM

It doesn’t. Just fun to talk about. Utah struggling tonight.
Posted By: Kicker16

Re: CFP - 12/01/19 02:55 AM

Originally Posted by Frank the Tank
It doesn’t. Just fun to talk about. Utah struggling tonight.
Utes cranking it up now, they have a really good D

Re: CFP - 12/01/19 03:41 AM

I’d like to see Utes play Ohio Skreet

Re: CFP - 12/01/19 03:41 AM

They’ll get the #1 as the media wants to give them the easiest path.
Posted By: 921 Phoenix

Re: CFP - 12/01/19 03:49 AM

I love my sooners but I don't think they are playing like a top 4 team. They are beating OSU but not like they should, and if they play against one of the other top three it going to be a tough game to watch. I still say it's the top three and a filler team to be announced later.

Re: CFP - 12/01/19 03:54 AM

Originally Posted by 921 Phoenix
I love my sooners but I don't think they are playing like a top 4 team. They are beating OSU but not like they should, and if they play against one of the other top three it going to be a tough game to watch. I still say it's the top three and a filler team to be announced later.

I didn't watch the OU/OSU game. But serious question here, what do you not like about how they are playing?
Posted By: rj74955

Re: CFP - 12/01/19 03:54 AM

It'll be Ohio State and Clemson playing for the national championship, Ohio State wins and Frank will still be saying LSU is #1. roflmao

Re: CFP - 12/01/19 03:56 AM

Originally Posted by rj74955
It'll be Ohio State and Clemson playing for the national championship, Ohio State wins and Frank will still be saying LSU is #1. roflmao

Clemson has played really well the last 5 weeks. IMO Ohio St and LSU have looked the best all yr.

Re: CFP - 12/01/19 04:05 AM

Maybe so. Don’t see how anyone can think LSU has no chance unless they just can’t see past their SEC jelly. And if your an older gentleman originally from the east coast, then say no more. No explanation needed.
Posted By: ko bass attack 27

Re: CFP - 12/01/19 04:07 AM

I agree with you 921. Sooners are a good team but not in the league with the top 3. Hope Utah goes as well. Hoping that Bama and Sooners Tee it up in the Sugar Bowl.

Re: CFP - 12/01/19 04:11 AM

Originally Posted by Kicker16
Originally Posted by 921 Phoenix

I didn't watch the OU/OSU game. But serious question here, what do you not like about how they are playing?

defense doesn't show up most games and then only for one or two quarters. The offense is really good except for to many turnovers. They give the other team to many chances to get back in the game and beat them. That puts to much pressure on a maybe defense.
Posted By: Icepick

Re: CFP - 12/01/19 04:16 AM

Originally Posted by ko bass attack 27
Hoping that Bama and Sooners Tee it up in the Sugar Bowl.

They won't.
But I agree it would be fun to see Hurts go against his old team.

Re: CFP - 12/01/19 04:25 AM

Maybe so. Don’t see how anyone can think LSU has no chance unless they just can’t see past their SEC jelly. And if your an older gentleman originally from the east coast, then say no more. No explanation needed.

I've never been to the east coast but I do actually watch the games. And everyone in Oklahoma despises Ohio State, but they're head and shoulders the most complete team this year. They haven't had anything resembling a scare. They could lose to Clemson by getting out coached possibly, which will be the biggest reason LSU doesn't get by Clemson. LSU beat an unranked, completely uninspired team today. I know you are more informed than the committee, but Ohio State obliterated #10 today.

Re: CFP - 12/01/19 04:29 AM

I don't think they would take Auburn over Bama cuz Bama still has a better conf. Record. I do agree that Georgia will more than likely get the nod if they lose to LSU in the championship game. If Georgia beats LSU I think the committee would take them both. Still 1 more week to watch it all play out.

Re: CFP - 12/01/19 05:32 AM

I've never been to the east coast but I do actually watch the games. And everyone in Oklahoma despises Ohio State, but they're head and shoulders the most complete team this year. They haven't had anything resembling a scare. They could lose to Clemson by getting out coached possibly, which will be the biggest reason LSU doesn't get by Clemson. LSU beat an unranked, completely uninspired team today. I know you are more informed than the committee, but Ohio State obliterated #10 today.

Yep. Another east coast darling - Michigan (#10 ahah ahaha) . Ohio state plays no one ever. The Big 10 sucks. In the last 20 years how many titles does the Big 10 have vs. the sec? I rest my case. Throw out Ohio Skreet and has the BIg10 had a team in the BCS much less the playoff? I get that Ohio state is a great team this year and agree they’re very good but laughing off LSU is a mistake. I completely disagree but respect your position.

Re: CFP - 12/01/19 05:34 AM

I don't think they would take Auburn over Bama cuz Bama still has a better conf. Record. I do agree that Georgia will more than likely get the nod if they lose to LSU in the championship game. If Georgia beats LSU I think the committee would take them both. Still 1 more week to watch it all play out.

If UGA plays LSU tough I’d put UGA in there. The only conference deserving of 2 is the SEC.

Re: CFP - 12/01/19 06:44 AM

If UGA plays LSU tough I’d put UGA in there. The only conference deserving of 2 is the SEC.

Yea but you got a head like a brick. No way does a 2 loss non conf. Champion deserve to go over a 1 loss conf. Champ. Georgia has also got a loss to South Carolina which would be the worst loss of all the schools in contention. You're starting to act like your Finebaums love child. Now feel free to make another ignorant statement to support your case.
Posted By: me and the boys

Re: CFP - 12/01/19 02:48 PM

So does a 1 loss Baylor have a chance?
Posted By: jcarring99

Re: CFP - 12/01/19 02:55 PM

They should but I don’t know if they will. Utah would have to lose

Re: CFP - 12/01/19 02:58 PM

Originally Posted by me and the boys
So does a 1 loss Baylor have a chance?

Assuming Ohio State, LSU, and Clemson all win....
Only if Utah loses to Oregon.
That would mean Baylor would be the only power 5 team with 12 wins.
So, pull for Oregon Friday and hope Baylor can beat OU Saturday.
Posted By: H2O Seeker

Re: CFP - 12/01/19 03:02 PM

Sooners have the weakest defense of any team left in the top 10. Utah's defense is legit.
Posted By: jcarring99

Re: CFP - 12/01/19 03:15 PM

Originally Posted by H2O Seeker
Sooners have the weakest defense of any team left in the top 10. Utah's defense is legit.

That’s why Utah gets in over OU. OU’s defense is still horrid comparatively speaking
Posted By: CCTX

Re: CFP - 12/01/19 03:36 PM

This is why the NCAA and the media love a four team playoff with five major conferences that all have their own rules.
It makes for a perfect mess every year.
Posted By: me and the boys

Re: CFP - 12/01/19 03:55 PM

Every year people want 6-8 teams in the playoffs, it would be interesting this year.
Posted By: WAWI

Re: CFP - 12/01/19 04:05 PM

Every year people want 6-8 teams in the playoffs, it would be interesting this year.

Not really, which 5 thru 8 do you think has a chance? Then 9 and 10 would cry anyway. I think the ncaa has it right on the cfp.

Re: CFP - 12/01/19 04:06 PM

the main problem with this is, they are having a hard time finding the fourth team to fill the playoffs this year. They have three sold teams and need a filler team this year. They will use either OU, Utah,or Baylor depending on how the playoffs go next week. The 8 team playoffs would be a waste of time this year and gives a team that is not deserving a chance to get hot in the playoffs. The playoffs, in my opinion is the trophy for doing well during the season.

Re: CFP - 12/01/19 04:06 PM

Originally Posted by WAWI

Not really, which 5 thru 8 do you think has a chance? Then 9 and 10 would cry anyway. I think the ncaa has it right on the cfp.

well said

Re: CFP - 12/01/19 04:17 PM

Agree; it’s a perfect mess the way it is

You go more than four teams; let’s say eight, and you have to prolong the season another month, starting in July or ending in February. There are already too many young football players with career ending injuries. If the season is extended; the NCAA can’t maintain the facade of student athlete football player and they will lose control and the money involved with that control.
Posted By: CrappieKiller62

Re: CFP - 12/01/19 04:40 PM

47 Straight Frank, look it up. You might also want to look at their record. Utah plays nobody, OU beats Baylor OU is in, Utah is out.

Re: CFP - 12/01/19 04:46 PM

No matter the formula the results are basically the same. There are 12 teams who have a shot at a title, they are the same 12 teams for the last 50 years and barring the occasional fluke, very rare. It's always the same 12.
Posted By: Bigbob_FTW

Re: CFP - 12/01/19 04:49 PM

No matter the formula the results are basically the same. There are 12 teams who have a shot at a title, they are the same 12 teams for the last 50 years and barring the occasional fluke, very rare. It's always the same 12.

Pretty much.

Re: CFP - 12/01/19 07:10 PM

Originally Posted by OUnumber1
47 Straight Frank, look it up. You might also want to look at their record. Utah plays nobody, OU beats Baylor OU is in, Utah is out.

Of what? I’d be fine with choklahoma getting in but think Utar stands better chance because of their D. That’s all.
Posted By: Scagnetti

Re: CFP - 12/01/19 07:24 PM

Originally Posted by Bigbob_FTW

Pretty much.

Yup

In no particular order: Ohio State, Alabama, Georgia, Clemson, Michigan, Oklahoma, Florida, Michigan, Texas, Notre Dame, Penn State, etc.

And there are always the outliers lurking like Wisconsin, FSU, Oregon, USC

Re: CFP - 12/01/19 07:28 PM

Originally Posted by Scagnetti

Pretty much.

Yup

In no particular order: Ohio State, Alabama, Georgia, Clemson, Michigan, Oklahoma, Florida, Michigan, Texas, Notre Dame, Penn State, etc.

USC is in the club of 12.

Re: CFP - 12/01/19 07:28 PM

Originally Posted by Scagnetti

Pretty much.

Yup

Notre Dame, Penn St. Michigan. It’s not the 80’s and 90’s anymore.
roflmao

Re: CFP - 12/01/19 07:29 PM

USC is WAY MORE a football relevant in the modern era than Notre Lame, Penn State or Michigan.

Re: CFP - 12/01/19 07:38 PM

USC is WAY MORE a football relevant in the modern era than Notre Lame, Penn State or Michigan.

Some fade out for a while but they are rarely replaced. Other ones in the club just absorb the championships. Rarely ever does a new school kick down the door. Miami probably the last example. If oklahoma beats baylor I guarantee they get in over a one loss Utah. Now if it was USC with one loss I suspect it would be a tougher call.

Re: CFP - 12/01/19 09:01 PM

Not true, OU ranks 26th. In total defense, nine spots ahead of LSU at 35.

Re: CFP - 12/01/19 09:09 PM

Utah, legit defense, lol.
They've played 1, only 1, top 25 team.
And they lost.

Re: CFP - 12/02/19 02:32 PM

Originally Posted by Icepick

Utah, legit defense, lol.
They've played 1, only 1, top 25 team.
And they lost.

FBS Team Defense

OU is 31st on defense; 1st in team offense.

Utes are 3rd on defense; 15th on team offense.
Posted By: Fish Chaser

Re: CFP - 12/02/19 04:19 PM

LSU has beaten FOUR teams that were rated in the Top Ten at the time the games were were played. We also beat the #1 ranked team - Bama. The SEC is the toughest conference in the nation. No other team can match that.

Re: CFP - 12/02/19 04:32 PM

Originally Posted by Fish Chaser
LSU has beaten FOUR teams that were rated in the Top Ten at the time the games were were played. We also beat the #1 ranked team - Bama. The SEC is the toughest conference in the nation. No other team can match that.

Agree with that and I do not believe that is SEC bias.
Posted By: Scagnetti

Re: CFP - 12/02/19 07:10 PM

Originally Posted by Fish Chaser

I don't see how anybody can argue with that.
Posted By: TexasMo

Re: CFP - 12/02/19 07:30 PM

This is why everythnig is just about the money IMO...

TO me.. these team play their hearts out.. to win their conference.. and it should be just that..

What I mean is.. no more "fluff" games .... this eliminates argument of strength of schedule..
PLay no other schools besides your conference...and invite all conference champs to a play off bracket.. and let them have at it..

Re: CFP - 12/02/19 07:36 PM

I thought this was going to be about chicken fried pork.

Re: CFP - 12/02/19 07:58 PM

Originally Posted by CCTX
I thought this was going to be about chicken fried pork.

Wait, what? Where can I get me some of that?

Re: CFP - 12/02/19 08:21 PM

Re: CFP - 12/02/19 09:46 PM

Some fade out for a while but they are rarely replaced. Other ones in the club just absorb the championships. Rarely ever does a new school kick down the door. Miami probably the last example. If oklahoma beats baylor I guarantee they get in over a one loss Utah. Now if it was USC with one loss I suspect it would be a tougher call.

I agree. If OU blows out Baylor, they’re in.
Posted By: butch sanders

Re: CFP - 12/02/19 09:52 PM

if ou gets in
it will be the easiest wager ever
for them to lose & not cover
the 2 points they are getting

Re: CFP - 12/02/19 09:59 PM

Originally Posted by butch sanders
if ou gets in

what is
the line
on
ou
baylor

?
Posted By: Ted Martin

Re: CFP - 12/02/19 10:33 PM

if ou gets in

what is
the line
on
ou
baylor

?

nine
and a
half

<edit>

ESPN says
eight

Re: CFP - 12/02/19 11:26 PM

Originally Posted by Ted Martin
if ou gets in

what is
the line
on
ou
baylor

?

nine
and a
half

<edit>

ESPN says
eight

I can't believe Vegas is showing so little respect for OU.
I would think at a neutral site Baylor would be favored by no more than 3.

Re: CFP - 12/03/19 12:48 AM

I agree. If OU blows out Baylor, they’re in.

Be careful of your wording when involving Baylor in a post. blush
Posted By: Ted Martin

Re: CFP - 12/03/19 01:06 AM

I can't believe Vegas is showing so little respect for OU.
I would think at a neutral site Baylor would be favored by no more than 3.

Yeah, crazy right? roflmao

Re: CFP - 12/07/19 02:03 PM

So would Ohio State.
Posted By: beartrap

Re: CFP - 12/07/19 02:13 PM

like to see them expand to 8 team play-off...there would always be some argument over the last 2 teams picked but you would be a lot more certain that you have given the top 6 teams a shot at the title...

Re: CFP - 12/07/19 02:22 PM

So would Ohio State.

No doubt, Utes were proven to be pretenders

Re: CFP - 12/07/19 02:24 PM

Originally Posted by beartrap
like to see them expand to 8 team play-off...there would always be some argument over the last 2 teams picked but you would be a lot more certain that you have given the top 6 teams a shot at the title...

4 is right, the ones crying should not have lost

Re: CFP - 12/07/19 02:45 PM

Originally Posted by beartrap

4 is right, the ones crying should not have lost

Absolutely and the table is set for those who want it bad enough.
© 2024 Texas Fishing Forum