Texas Fishing Forum

Will cowboys make the playoffs?

Posted By: junbengreat

Will cowboys make the playoffs? - 11/18/19 01:38 PM

I’m thinking they beat philly to win the nfc East with a 9-7 record.
Posted By: Okie Poke

Re: Will cowboys make the playoffs? - 11/18/19 01:56 PM

They'll go 1 & done....
Posted By: Jimbo

Re: Will cowboys make the playoffs? - 11/18/19 01:57 PM

I wouldn't put any money on it!
Posted By: Frank the Tank

Re: Will cowboys make the playoffs? - 11/18/19 01:58 PM

Absolutely they do. Mark it down.
Posted By: COFF

Re: Will cowboys make the playoffs? - 11/18/19 02:07 PM

Yes. But if you ask will the cowboys win a playoff game this year...
Posted By: Happykamper

Re: Will cowboys make the playoffs? - 11/18/19 02:27 PM

I have my doubts, the defense is way too inconsistent along with coaching.
Posted By: Duck_Hunter

Re: Will cowboys make the playoffs? - 11/18/19 02:28 PM

They’ll make the playoffs.
Posted By: ko bass attack 27

Re: Will cowboys make the playoffs? - 11/18/19 02:33 PM

Originally Posted by Okie Poke
They'll go 1 & done....

I will go with this. Both wild card teams will be better teams than the Cowboys.
Posted By: 206champion

Re: Will cowboys make the playoffs? - 11/18/19 02:42 PM

Only if they beat philly
Posted By: Crankbait08

Re: Will cowboys make the playoffs? - 11/18/19 02:44 PM

They will make the playoffs and then will loose as soon as they play a good team.
Posted By: BCBassCat

Re: Will cowboys make the playoffs? - 11/18/19 02:47 PM

You can't make it to the superbowl without making the playoffs right?
Posted By: Scagnetti

Re: Will cowboys make the playoffs? - 11/18/19 03:07 PM

They’ll make it to the NFC Championship game
Posted By: banker-always fishing

Re: Will cowboys make the playoffs? - 11/18/19 03:10 PM

If they win the rest of their games they are a sure in! cheers
Posted By: WAWI

Re: Will cowboys make the playoffs? - 11/18/19 03:17 PM

I dont hate my prediction of 8 and 8.
Posted By: Magged Out

Re: Will cowboys make the playoffs? - 11/18/19 03:27 PM

No!!
Posted By: Der Vorsteher

Re: Will cowboys make the playoffs? - 11/18/19 03:44 PM

Does it matter?
Posted By: Chris B

Re: Will cowboys make the playoffs? - 11/18/19 03:48 PM

Yes they will. Will they go anywhere? Who knows?
Posted By: Mark Perry

Re: Will cowboys make the playoffs? - 11/18/19 04:15 PM

No
Posted By: Mckinneycrappiecatcher

Re: Will cowboys make the playoffs? - 11/18/19 04:26 PM

Nope, they split with eagles. Cowboys go 9-7 or 8-8 and eagles go 10-6.
Posted By: tricky

Re: Will cowboys make the playoffs? - 11/18/19 07:25 PM

Eagles aint going 10-6...
Posted By: buda13

Re: Will cowboys make the playoffs? - 11/18/19 07:30 PM

I don’t think they make it.... but if we do with this schedule I’d say they’ll have a legit shot to win it all. Hate to say it but PHL is in the drivers seat.
Posted By: silvers

Re: Will cowboys make the playoffs? - 11/18/19 07:35 PM

They go but get totally embarrassed the first game

Re: Will cowboys make the playoffs? - 11/18/19 07:40 PM

Originally Posted by silvers

Hasn't happened all year
Posted By: fouzman

Re: Will cowboys make the playoffs? - 11/18/19 07:47 PM

Yes. Dallas has a better offense and defense than Eagles. Dallas will win their division and go to the playoffs. They'll lose in the second round.
Posted By: RayBob

Re: Will cowboys make the playoffs? - 11/18/19 09:48 PM

Originally Posted by tricky

Hasn't happened all year

I was embarrassed by the Jets game. No friggin decent excuse for that display.

Pretty embarrassed by the GB and Minny games too.
Posted By: CrazyCrappieGuy

Re: Will cowboys make the playoffs? - 11/18/19 10:05 PM

If they beat NE next week they are for sure going to the Super Bowl.
Posted By: Allison1

Re: Will cowboys make the playoffs? - 11/18/19 10:29 PM

If my .........

Nevermind. It happens every fall.

Re: Will cowboys make the playoffs? - 11/18/19 10:44 PM

Originally Posted by FishingGuy

funny you bring that up. Was listening to 105.3 The Fan and they were saying if Dallas upsets NE, then the fan-base will be screaming "super bowl here we come".

Re: Will cowboys make the playoffs? - 11/18/19 10:44 PM

Originally Posted by RayBob

Hasn't happened all year

I was embarrassed by the Jets game. No friggin decent excuse for that display.

Pretty embarrassed by the GB and Minny games too.

well said

Re: Will cowboys make the playoffs? - 11/18/19 11:20 PM

Originally Posted by Frank the Tank

funny you bring that up. Was listening to 105.3 The Fan and they were saying if Dallas upsets NE, then the fan-base will be screaming "super bowl here we come".

And for good reason!!
Posted By: SteezMacQueen

Re: Will cowboys make the playoffs? - 11/18/19 11:25 PM

I think they will make the playoffs. They have the talent and a top 5 QB.

Re: Will cowboys make the playoffs? - 11/18/19 11:30 PM

No, they’re not. Relying on the passing game, but don’t have reliable receivers. They suck.
Posted By: Icepick

Re: Will cowboys make the playoffs? - 11/18/19 11:40 PM

Early in the year Dallas looked like one of the top teams in the NFL.
After 3 weeks they were unbeaten and had done it with ease.
Then in week 4 they had to play a contender and we soon saw just how bad the Giants, Redskins, and Dolphins were.
I see a probable 2 wins left. Maybe 50-50 chance at a third win.
They'll have to have divine intervention to win more than 3 so 9-7 would be the most likely.
If that gets them in they'll almost certainly be playing someone better the first round.
Anything can happen but I have little hope Dallas wins 1 playoff game if they even make it.
Posted By: Kicker16

Re: Will cowboys make the playoffs? - 11/18/19 11:54 PM

Division is trash they'll make the playoffs.
Posted By: Fishspanker

Re: Will cowboys make the playoffs? - 11/18/19 11:59 PM

Division is horrible. They should take it however Philadelphia look better against the Patriots yesterday.
Posted By: bradnitro175

Re: Will cowboys make the playoffs? - 11/19/19 12:04 AM

They Get knocked out 2nd game by a field goal
Posted By: H2O Seeker

Re: Will cowboys make the playoffs? - 11/19/19 12:43 AM

Do 7-9 teams make the playoffs in the NFC?

Asking for a friend...
Posted By: BCBassCat

Re: Will cowboys make the playoffs? - 11/19/19 12:50 AM

Originally Posted by SteezMacQueen

Hail State
Posted By: Chug-bug-bang1

Re: Will cowboys make the playoffs? - 11/19/19 01:22 AM

I have a better chance of being Rick Rolled

Re: Will cowboys make the playoffs? - 11/19/19 01:31 AM

And for good reason!!

I do think there is a chance they beat the Pats. This is a weird team. Lose to the Jets and upset the Pats would be totally like a Ref Clappy-led team.

Re: Will cowboys make the playoffs? - 11/19/19 01:41 AM

And for good reason!!

I do think there is a chance they beat the Pats. This is a weird team. Lose to the Jets and upset the Pats would be totally like a Ref Clappy-led team.

There is a chance any team can beat anybody in the NFL, is it likely, no, could it happen, maybe. We will get to see if Dak is as advertised, , or will we ? Now all of the sudden Zeke is irrelevant, they do not need him. I f Zeke is not in the backfield i wonder how the Pats will play defense, all I know is I would not want to be Dak if that were the case.

Re: Will cowboys make the playoffs? - 11/19/19 01:48 AM

^^^^True statement. Zeke forces defenses to stack 7-8 guys up front ...leaving easier coverages. Zeke doesn’t “suck”, isn’t “over paid”, nor “lazy after the contract”. He’s getting defensive coordinators trying to prevent him from gashing them and this is making Dak’s job easier.

Re: Will cowboys make the playoffs? - 11/19/19 01:56 AM

^^^^True statement. Zeke forces defenses to stack 7-8 guys up front ...leaving easier coverages. Zeke doesn’t “suck”, isn’t “over paid”, nor “lazy after the contract”. He’s getting defensive coordinators trying to prevent him from gashing them and this is making Dak’s job easier.

One of the Ticket hosts and I believe an ESPN radio host did a similar study to compare Zekes numbers from the 2017 season to the 2018 season. The study was based around 1. Down/distance; and 2. numbers in the box. His yards per carry are down but so are his number of carries vs. an 7-8 man front. The 'eye test' (and film) also suggested he is not making the first contact miss as he did last year.

Re: Will cowboys make the playoffs? - 11/19/19 02:14 AM

Originally Posted by H2O Seeker

One of the Ticket hosts and I believe an ESPN radio host did a similar study to compare Zekes numbers from the 2017 season to the 2018 season. The study was based around 1. Down/distance; and 2. numbers in the box. His yards per carry are down but so are his number of carries vs. an 7-8 man front. The 'eye test' (and film) also suggested he is not making the first contact miss as he did last year.

Its hard to make them miss when you are getting hit at the line, Zeke has never been a shake and bake type back, he hits the hole hard and fast, punishing runner, great blocker, and pretty handy pass catcher, if he is not playing the offense would feel it big time, I don't care what anyone says, Dak is not like Rodgers, Brady, Brees, Wilson, as a thrower, he also is not like Watson or Jackson as a runner/passer. To be great he needs the players he has around him now, and he has done a hell of a job, Sunday will be interesting.

Re: Will cowboys make the playoffs? - 11/19/19 04:13 PM

Originally Posted by Duck_Hunter

No, they’re not. Relying on the passing game, but don’t have reliable receivers. They suck.

After really looking at the schedule, they very well could go 10-6. They have been playing a lot better as of late.

Re: Will cowboys make the playoffs? - 11/19/19 04:43 PM

One of the Ticket hosts and I believe an ESPN radio host did a similar study to compare Zekes numbers from the 2017 season to the 2018 season. The study was based around 1. Down/distance; and 2. numbers in the box. His ykards per carry are down but so are his number of carries vs. an 7-8 man front. The 'eye test' (and film) also suggested he is not making the first contact miss as he did last year.

I think missing training camp hurts no-matter what anyone says. It's a rhythm and flow thing.

Re: Will cowboys make the playoffs? - 11/19/19 04:46 PM

One of the Ticket hosts and I believe an ESPN radio host did a similar study to compare Zekes numbers from the 2017 season to the 2018 season. The study was based around 1. Down/distance; and 2. numbers in the box. His ykards per carry are down but so are his number of carries vs. an 7-8 man front. The 'eye test' (and film) also suggested he is not making the first contact miss as he did last year.

I think missing training camp hurts no-matter what anyone says. It's a rhythm and flow thing.

Well....the defense was there for all of training camp and........
Posted By: txmasterpo

Re: Will cowboys make the playoffs? - 11/19/19 04:51 PM

Dak and the Cowboys have a chance to get a defining win Sunday....nobody gives them any chance of course. Nobody has won in the frozen northeast in 25 months. Number 1 offense against number 1 defense. Dallas should be looking at everything they did well last week, and do something else. Don't play to the Pats strength. Use Zeke and Pollard at the same time the whole game, run big on big until they stop you because that secondary is not like any other secondary Dak played. If he throws the ball 46 times he will lose. If he proves me wrong I will be more shocked than I have ever been watching the Cowboys. Find a way to absolutely come after the old stationary one relentlessly for 60 minutes and who knows what might happen.

Re: Will cowboys make the playoffs? - 11/19/19 05:24 PM

Originally Posted by txmasterpo
Dak and the Cowboys have a chance to get a defining win Sunday....nobody gives them any chance of course. Nobody has won in the frozen northeast in 25 months. Number 1 offense against number 1 defense. Dallas should be looking at everything they did well last week, and do something else. Don't play to the Pats strength. Use Zeke and Pollard at the same time the whole game, run big on big until they stop you because that secondary is not like any other secondary Dak played. If he throws the ball 46 times he will lose. If he proves me wrong I will be more shocked than I have ever been watching the Cowboys. Find a way to absolutely come after the old stationary one relentlessly for 60 minutes and who knows what might happen.

Very well said, I give the Cowboys very little chance of going there and coming away with a win, if they remain status quo as far as the way they play I give them 0 chance. The Cowboys are going to have to have a couple of big turn overs or they need Brady to twist his ankle or have to go into concussion protocol call in order to have a chance.

Re: Will cowboys make the playoffs? - 11/19/19 05:24 PM

Dallas DOES NOT have a Top 5 QB!

https://www.footballdb.com/stats/stats.html?

Re: Will cowboys make the playoffs? - 11/19/19 05:36 PM

Originally Posted by fouzman

He's still ahead of Watson though...... woot

In all seriousness it depends on what list or what stat you go by. In regards to QBR he is. I think its great he is at least in the MVP Top 5 discussion for this year.
http://www.espn.com/nfl/qbr

https://www.theringer.com/nfl/2019/11/19/20972465/dak-prescott-dallas-cowboys-mvp-candidate

Re: Will cowboys make the playoffs? - 11/19/19 06:13 PM

Originally Posted by Mark Perry

In all seriousness it depends on what list or what stat you go by. In regards to QBR he is. I think its great he is at least in the MVP Top 5 discussion for this year.

https://www.theringer.com/nfl/2019/11/19/20972465/dak-prescott-dallas-cowboys-mvp-candidate

Not going to argue about who is the MVP, all the stats they post up are all nonsense, how could any of them hold water because all teams do not play each other, just like the stupid number 1 defense New England has, who the hell did they play ?

Re: Will cowboys make the playoffs? - 11/19/19 06:21 PM

Originally Posted by Happykamper

Not going to argue about who is the MVP, all the stats they post up are all nonsense, how could any of them hold water because all teams do not play each other, just like the stupid number 1 defense New England has, who the hell did they play ?

Hard not to give it to Jackson so far. He is the key to that team's success. He is an absolute beast at what he does. I would put Wilson second and after that its a toss up with Mahomes, Dak McCaffrey, Cook etc.
Posted By: Coach Hark

Re: Will cowboys make the playoffs? - 11/19/19 06:28 PM

Bottom line for me is I’m glad Dak’s my teams QB. Don’t give a chit what anyone else says.

Re: Will cowboys make the playoffs? - 11/19/19 06:30 PM

If you don’t look at stats, what do you look at?

Re: Will cowboys make the playoffs? - 11/19/19 06:30 PM

Originally Posted by Coach Hark
Bottom line for me is I’m glad Dak’s my teams QB. Don’t give a chit what anyone else says.

Tru Dat

Re: Will cowboys make the playoffs? - 11/19/19 06:35 PM

Coach Harkness said stats are for losers Fouz!

Re: Will cowboys make the playoffs? - 11/19/19 06:37 PM

So did Jerry Jones!
Posted By: Mo

Re: Will cowboys make the playoffs? - 11/19/19 06:39 PM

Line up Bennett next to Quinn and have them go after Brady on every play. Accept a few personal fouls for late hits.
Hit him hard and often. Lawrence and the linebackers play the run. On offense ,self scout , break tendencies, throw out everything that has worked , show some imagination on play calling. different game plan for first and second halves, to throw off
halftime adjustments,,
Might just have a chance

MO

Re: Will cowboys make the playoffs? - 11/19/19 06:40 PM

Yep, stats and rankings don’t mean anything. The stat they go by is who has the most points after 60 minutes. Everything that happens in that 60:minutes doesn’t mean squat. Who’s on the left side after the game is the most important stat. You agree txmaster???

Re: Will cowboys make the playoffs? - 11/19/19 06:45 PM

Yep, stats and rankings don’t mean anything. The stat they go by is who has the most points after 60 minutes.

Points are a stat. It is the stat that determines wins and loses, but others stats can proved deeper insight into performance, where you are having success, where u are not, etc...

This.

They need a version of him on defense. That guy that brings it every play and can lead that side of the ball.

well yeah, "you play to win the game!!"

Re: Will cowboys make the playoffs? - 11/19/19 06:53 PM

This game as is every game is about matchups. I like the Cowboys chances because their offense matches up well with the Pats defense. It’s the best matchup of the game. Defensively the Boys LB’ers will matchup with the Pats recovers because they can run. NE is a dump and dink passing team. Where the Boys don’t match up is Special Teams. That will be the deciding factor in determining the winner.

Re: Will cowboys make the playoffs? - 11/19/19 06:53 PM

you know what pisses me off most about the 2019 Dallas Cowboys? They are literally a bounce or two from being 9-1 and in full control of the NFC.

Re: Will cowboys make the playoffs? - 11/19/19 06:56 PM

you know what pisses me off most about the 2019 Dallas Cowboys? They are literally a bounce or two from being 9-1 and in full control of the NFC.

Yessir.

Re: Will cowboys make the playoffs? - 11/19/19 07:07 PM

After really looking at the schedule, they very well could go 10-6. They have been playing a lot better as of late.

They should’ve won three more games already this season. Their schedule does get easier from now on, except the Cowboys. But they’re not playing that much better.

OL is hurt and giving Wentz even less time than when it was healthy. They’re on their third and fourth running backs. Their receivers can’t catch, don’t make plays on balls, don’t catch some of the easier balls and don’t get open. Wentz holds on to the ball too long. The play calling has been pathetic this year and is not improving. The defense has always been suspect, but it’s not getting any better and that secondary is horrendous. I have no faith that they will go 10-6. Honestly, I go in to each game expecting them to lose, even the ones they should win. They have no killer instinct, no receiving core and seemingly are lost.

10-6 on paper, 7-9 in reality.

Re: Will cowboys make the playoffs? - 11/19/19 07:24 PM

You’re CORRECT! The NFL actually has him ranked No1!!! [Linked Image]
Posted By: silvers

Re: Will cowboys make the playoffs? - 11/19/19 07:59 PM

Yessir.

This quote has been repeated every year almost word for word on this forum. Keep the hope alive.

Re: Will cowboys make the playoffs? - 11/19/19 08:24 PM

They should’ve won three more games already this season. Their schedule does get easier from now on, except the Cowboys. But they’re not playing that much better.

OL is hurt and giving Wentz even less time than when it was healthy. They’re on their third and fourth running backs. Their receivers can’t catch, don’t make plays on balls, don’t catch some of the easier balls and don’t get open. Wentz holds on to the ball too long. The play calling has been pathetic this year and is not improving. The defense has always been suspect, but it’s not getting any better and that secondary is horrendous. I have no faith that they will go 10-6. Honestly, I go in to each game expecting them to lose, even the ones they should win. They have no killer instinct, no receiving core and seemingly are lost.

10-6 on paper, 7-9 in reality.

They have beat some good teams since the Cows beat them. Played New England tough.

Re: Will cowboys make the playoffs? - 11/19/19 08:25 PM

Yessir.

This quote has been repeated every year almost word for word on this forum. Keep the hope alive.

yep and same old haters too.

Re: Will cowboys make the playoffs? - 11/19/19 08:33 PM

hmmm please explain tx, because truthfully, I was close to thinking 8-2 through 10. I figured 2 losses between Pack, Saints, Vikings and Eagles. I literally would have said "I just can't see 6-4 with all that talent on that roster" ...... But here we are.

Re: Will cowboys make the playoffs? - 11/19/19 08:45 PM

You look at the scores and records. Those stats only mean you're the top defense/offense against who you played, nobody else. Mark you are correct, Jackson is a beast.

Re: Will cowboys make the playoffs? - 11/19/19 08:52 PM

Yessir.

yep and same old haters too.

Why does this make him a hater? Because he's tired of the same thing every year? Comm on, that's not a hater, it's an educated fan who has woken up.

Re: Will cowboys make the playoffs? - 11/19/19 09:43 PM

You look at the scores and records. Those stats only mean you're the top defense/offense against who you played, nobody else.

Scores and records are only against who you played.

Re: Will cowboys make the playoffs? - 11/19/19 10:26 PM

So Frankie let me get this straight. You now are an educated fan who is woke?

Re: Will cowboys make the playoffs? - 11/19/19 10:27 PM

Nope. Just a guy who got tired of watching an owner put out a mediocre product with no plans to change it. I woke up.

Re: Will cowboys make the playoffs? - 11/19/19 10:31 PM

Personally I think Jerry tries as hard as any owner to win. Hasn’t had the results as of late, but I don’t think he is putting out a team he knows can’t compete.

Re: Will cowboys make the playoffs? - 11/19/19 10:33 PM

hmmm please explain tx, because truthfully, I was close to thinking 8-2 through 10. I figured 2 losses between Pack, Saints, Vikings and Eagles. I literally would have said "I just can't see 6-4 with all that talent on that roster" ...... But here we are.

they lost by 2 on the road to the Saints when the offense did not play well.....they lost a jets game by 2 that they just simply did not show up for until it was too late (the jets had zero business beating them), and they lost to the vikes when by 4 when they spotted them 14 and still had a chance to win with a first down in the red zone (the GD 11 to be exact) and just absolutely [censored] the bed with the play calling (DAK should have had the ball in his hands all 4 plays to close the game no matter what).

3 games, 3 possible wins, if just one thing in each game goes differently.

Re: Will cowboys make the playoffs? - 11/19/19 10:39 PM

Sunday night....Dakota has a chance to rise to legend level with a win....it would boost confidence team wide, it could propel him to even greater play, it could be a defining moment. I hope he does it.

Re: Will cowboys make the playoffs? - 11/19/19 10:41 PM

banana

Re: Will cowboys make the playoffs? - 11/19/19 10:42 PM

Yep, a few plays. I’ve always been a proponent on that. I’d tell the kids I coached to play hard every play because even though you’re playing a whole football game 4-7 plays decide the outcome of the game. I firmly believe that regardless if it’s HS, College or the NFL. Never take a play off, it may be the play that decides the game.

Re: Will cowboys make the playoffs? - 11/19/19 11:02 PM

Yep, a few plays. I’ve always been a proponent on that. I’d tell the kids I coached to play hard every play because even though you’re playing a whole football game 4-7 plays decide the outcome of the game. I firmly believe that regardless if it’s HS, College or the NFL. Never take a play off, it may be the play that decides the game.

and some times luck is involved right coach....it takes some bounces here and there to win a SB
Posted By: CCTX

Re: Will cowboys make the playoffs? - 11/19/19 11:26 PM

Personally I think Jerry tries as hard as any owner to win. Hasn’t had the results as of late, but I don’t think he is putting out a team he knows can’t compete.

Jerry should have learned by now that with parity and a salary cap that the differences in team talent are minuscule

You win with better coaching and player health (keeping your first string on the field)
Keeping your players healthy with the best in sports medicine, training, and nutrition is key
It’s no coincidence that the Patriots have the leading experts on their payroll

[Linked Image]

Re: Will cowboys make the playoffs? - 11/19/19 11:29 PM

Originally Posted by CCTX

Jerry should have learned by now that with parity and a salary cap that the differences in team talent are minuscule

You win with better coaching and player health (keeping your first string on the field)
Keeping your players healthy with the best is sports medicine, training, and nutrition is key
It’s no coincidence that the Patriots have the leading experts on their payroll

[Linked Image]

Yet Gronk and many of the offensive players can't or couldn't stay healthy. Dak and Zeke have never missed a start due to injury.

Re: Will cowboys make the playoffs? - 11/19/19 11:57 PM

You look at the scores and records. Those stats only mean you're the top defense/offense against who you played, nobody else.

So. How does this comment relate to Tom Brady? Arguably the best QB of this decade....playing and beating good and bad teams....yet he is ranked so poorly that I’m not even sure he’s in the top 10. If the Patriots are the best team, shouldn’t every team they play be inferior? And since they play only inferior teams, in relation to their status as the best, shouldn’t Tom Brady have a superior set of stats?

Cowboys win next week....27-24, even with a missed Maher field goal.

Re: Will cowboys make the playoffs? - 11/20/19 12:05 AM

So. How does this comment relate to Tom Brady? Arguably the best QB of all-time (and it ain't much of on argument against it) ...playing and beating good and bad teams....yet he is ranked so poorly that I’m not even sure he’s in the top 10. If the Patriots are the best team, shouldn’t every team they play be inferior? And since they play only inferior teams, in relation to their status as the best, shouldn’t Tom Brady have a superior set of stats?

FIFY

Re: Will cowboys make the playoffs? - 11/20/19 12:41 AM

So. How does this comment relate to Tom Brady? Arguably the best QB of this decade....playing and beating good and bad teams....yet he is ranked so poorly that I’m not even sure he’s in the top 10. If the Patriots are the best team, shouldn’t every team they play be inferior? And since they play only inferior teams, in relation to their status as the best, shouldn’t Tom Brady have a superior set of stats?

Bold Mr. Mac. Garrett has already lost the coaching battle this week. Player execution is a funny thing.

Re: Will cowboys make the playoffs? - 11/20/19 12:49 AM

So. How does this comment relate to Tom Brady? Arguably the best QB of all-time (and it ain't much of on argument against it) ...playing and beating good and bad teams....yet he is ranked so poorly that I’m not even sure he’s in the top 10. If the Patriots are the best team, shouldn’t every team they play be inferior? And since they play only inferior teams, in relation to their status as the best, shouldn’t Tom Brady have a superior set of stats?

FIFY

Well if it’s against who you played, Eli might want to argue this point.

Re: Will cowboys make the playoffs? - 11/20/19 12:49 AM

Now drinking?

Re: Will cowboys make the playoffs? - 11/20/19 12:55 AM

The cowboys have been turnover prone and the patriots are real good at forcing turnovers. Dak will throw at least 2 interceptions and the patriots will dunk and dunk their way through that porous cowboys defense to a double digit win. Cowboys might be 6-6 after the bills game.

Re: Will cowboys make the playoffs? - 11/20/19 01:00 AM

Originally Posted by Mckinneycrappiecatcher
The cowboys have been turnover prone and the patriots are real good at forcing turnovers. Dak will throw at least 2 interceptions and the patriots will dunk and dunk their way through that porous cowboys defense to a double digit win. Cowboys might be 6-6 after the bills game.

Cowboys are in upper half of teams with fewest giveaways. 3 of the INTs have been on hail mary plays.

Re: Will cowboys make the playoffs? - 11/20/19 01:13 AM

What we've got here is failure to communicate
Some men, you just can't reach
So, you get what we had here, last week
Which is the way he wants it
Well, he gets it
And I don't like it any more than you men
Originally Posted by Mckinneycrappiecatcher

Cowboys are in upper half of teams with fewest giveaways. 3 of the INTs have been on hail mary plays.

Re: Will cowboys make the playoffs? - 11/20/19 01:13 AM

I know it is the NFL and any team can win on any given Sunday, hell the Cowboys lost to the jets and let a couple of other bad teams hang around too long, for the Cowboys to win they will need to play their best game and the Pats will need to be off a little. I think talent wise Dallas stacks up very well, coaching wise is another story.

Re: Will cowboys make the playoffs? - 11/20/19 03:22 AM

and some times luck is involved right coach....it takes some bounces here and there to win a SB

No doubt luck plays in. But as my HS coach said in 1982. Luck is when preparation meets opportunity!!!
Posted By: MARKIT

Re: Will cowboys make the playoffs? - 11/20/19 03:27 AM

Yes
Out first round,
can't make the last few yards to win a game- very good at yards in general

Re: Will cowboys make the playoffs? - 11/20/19 03:31 PM

I just hope Cows can get in. After that we shall see.
Posted By: Stump jumper

Re: Will cowboys make the playoffs? - 11/20/19 06:26 PM

Originally Posted by Okie Poke
They'll go 1 & done....

and so will JG.
Posted By: Stump jumper

Re: Will cowboys make the playoffs? - 11/20/19 06:28 PM

I know it is the NFL and any team can win on any given Sunday, hell the Cowboys lost to the jets and let a couple of other bad teams hang around too long, for the Cowboys to win they will need to play their best game and the Pats will need to be off a little. I think talent wise Dallas stacks up very well, coaching wise is another story.

coaching wise it is no contest. It is the best in the NFL versus the worst or at least the bottom rung
Posted By: duffer

Re: Will cowboys make the playoffs? - 11/20/19 07:29 PM

Cream of the [censored].

Re: Will cowboys make the playoffs? - 11/20/19 07:31 PM

Belichek is a Dak fan...

https://www.masslive.com/patriots/2...chick-raves-about-dallas-cowboys-qb.html
Posted By: soggybottom

Re: Will cowboys make the playoffs? - 11/20/19 07:32 PM

the red robot will call a few run plays until the pats score then totally abandon it and throw the ball 40 times in the 2nd half. Oline sucks and so does the coaching

Re: Will cowboys make the playoffs? - 11/20/19 07:39 PM

What he is saying is true, just look how good old Belli will look if they dismantle the Cowboys. This is Dak's chance to shine, I sure hope he does.

Re: Will cowboys make the playoffs? - 11/20/19 08:01 PM

2018 Cowboys Defense

20.3 points per game allowed
329.3 total yards per game allowed
42.3 third-down percentage allowed

2019 Cowboys Defense

19.7 points per game allowed
322.1 total yards per game allowed
32.5 third-down percentage allowed

ODD huh Perry?

Re: Will cowboys make the playoffs? - 11/20/19 08:21 PM

What he is saying is true, just look how good old Belli will look if they dismantle the Cowboys. This is Dak's chance to shine, I sure hope he does.

I never realized he had scouted Dak in college though. I saw the footage of Gruden scouting Dak and telling Dak he was gonna do well in the NFL. Never realized Belichek had done that as well.

Re: Will cowboys make the playoffs? - 11/20/19 10:14 PM

I think he cheats is why he is so good and plays in a sucky division

Re: Will cowboys make the playoffs? - 11/20/19 11:11 PM

Dak doesn’t cheat

Re: Will cowboys make the playoffs? - 11/20/19 11:27 PM

He can be pretty smart sometimes....

Re: Will cowboys make the playoffs? - 11/20/19 11:40 PM

[quote=Frank the Tank]Dak doesn’t cheat [/quote

loco

Re: Will cowboys make the playoffs? - 11/21/19 01:19 PM

Garrett and Belli both slobbered all over each others teams, its called covering your [censored] in case you lose, Belli does not have to worry about that.
Posted By: Fish Chaser

Re: Will cowboys make the playoffs? - 11/22/19 04:01 PM

Sure, the Cowboys will make the playoffs........just like UT Longhorns will make the NC playoffs.
Posted By: Hail Boy

Re: Will cowboys make the playoffs? - 11/22/19 07:04 PM

Who are the Cowboys?
Posted By: fishslime

Re: Will cowboys make the playoffs? - 11/22/19 11:02 PM

This is true. However, he sees trees and not the forest. He goes out and buys good players (trees) but can't get all the other elements of coach, general manager, etc. together to make a forest. It's like they are all trying their best to be one happy family, but the patriarch is the real problem creating dysfunctional mediocrity.

Re: Will cowboys make the playoffs? - 11/22/19 11:35 PM

Winning it all is tough. It’s takes a lot of talent, the right schedule, a few lucky bounces and several key leaders who can lead for 7-8 long months. It’s tough. Only 1 team has figured out how to master it in the salary cap era NFL.
Posted By: Spiderman

Re: Will cowboys make the playoffs? - 11/23/19 03:00 AM

I thought this was a great story about Belichick and Jerry Jones, if things would have gone a little differently.

https://www.cnbc.com/2019/11/20/cow...0s-bill-belichick-asked-about-a-job.html
© 2024 Texas Fishing Forum