Texas Fishing Forum

Armed robber shot and killed. Family blames the clerk, saying he shouldn't have weapon at work

Posted By: pacertom

Armed robber shot and killed. Family blames the clerk, saying he shouldn't have weapon at work - 11/08/19 07:51 PM

This is unreal....The Family blames the clerk defending himself for their brother's death while he was ROBBING the Dollar General. Shaking my head...

Watch the interview halfway down the page.

https://www.lawenforcementtoday.com...g-he-shouldnt-have-had-a-weapon-at-work/

Armed robber shot and killed. Family blames the clerk, saying he shouldn't have weapon at work.
Posted By: Bigbob_FTW

Re: Armed robber shot and killed. Family blames the clerk, saying he shouldn't have weapon at work - 11/08/19 07:53 PM

and yet they talk about wanting to have an honest discussion.
Posted By: TexDawg

Re: Armed robber shot and killed. Family blames the clerk, saying he shouldn't have weapon at work - 11/08/19 07:54 PM

Incredible but all too common these days
Posted By: Frank the Tank

Re: Armed robber shot and killed. Family blames the clerk, saying he shouldn't have weapon at work - 11/08/19 08:01 PM

You have to take with a grain of salt, you’re not dealing with mentally stable people
Posted By: Uncle Zeek

Re: Armed robber shot and killed. Family blames the clerk, saying he shouldn't have weapon at work - 11/08/19 08:02 PM

I try - I really do try - to be sympathetic to folks who have experienced trauma.

But in this case, screw 'em - their loved one made his deliberate, violent choices that ended his own life. The clerk should get a medal and be treated as a hero.
Posted By: H2O Seeker

Re: Armed robber shot and killed. Family blames the clerk, saying he shouldn't have weapon at work - 11/08/19 08:05 PM

Family looking for a payday.
Posted By: HasBen

Re: Armed robber shot and killed. Family blames the clerk, saying he shouldn't have weapon at work - 11/08/19 08:05 PM

Tragic and funny at the same time.
Posted By: Oldrabbit

Re: Armed robber shot and killed. Family blames the clerk, saying he shouldn't have weapon at work - 11/08/19 08:31 PM

Yep, second of 10 siblings shot and killed. Looks like it is becoming a family tradition. I have more sympathy for the clerk who was threatened and now has to live with killing a thief for the rest of their life.
Posted By: 2014NITROZ-7

Re: Armed robber shot and killed. Family blames the clerk, saying he shouldn't have weapon at work - 11/08/19 08:32 PM

A liberal judge and jury will give them millions of dollars. Then probably send the clerk to prison. Seems to be how it works this day and time.
Posted By: Bentman63

Re: Armed robber shot and killed. Family blames the clerk, saying he shouldn't have weapon at work - 11/08/19 09:08 PM

Originally Posted by Frank the Tank
You have to take with a grain of salt, you’re not dealing with mentally stable people

They aren't mental. They are liberals. Well, maybe that's the same thing
Posted By: RayBob

Re: Armed robber shot and killed. Family blames the clerk, saying he shouldn't have weapon at work - 11/08/19 09:14 PM

Originally Posted by 2014NITROZ-7
A liberal judge and jury will give them millions of dollars. Then probably send the clerk to prison. Seems to be how it works this day and time.

Let's hope not.
Posted By: Chris B

Re: Armed robber shot and killed. Family blames the clerk, saying he shouldn't have weapon at work - 11/08/19 09:19 PM

Probably should just throw the rest of the family in jail now and spare their life.
Posted By: Dfitz

Re: Armed robber shot and killed. Family blames the clerk, saying he shouldn't have weapon at work - 11/08/19 09:45 PM

Originally Posted by Chris B
Probably should just throw the rest of the family in jail now and spare their life.

roflmao
Posted By: blooper961

Re: Armed robber shot and killed. Family blames the clerk, saying he shouldn't have weapon at work - 11/08/19 10:08 PM

No good deed goes unpunished
Posted By: kjwolvy

Re: Armed robber shot and killed. Family blames the clerk, saying he shouldn't have weapon at work - 11/08/19 10:09 PM

..oh well...
Posted By: Jim Ford

Re: Armed robber shot and killed. Family blames the clerk, saying he shouldn't have weapon at work - 11/08/19 10:11 PM

I've read a number of similar scenarios in the past several years. Google Adric White. He was out on bond for another robbery when he was shot.
Posted By: Dave-0

Re: Armed robber shot and killed. Family blames the clerk, saying he shouldn't have weapon at work - 11/08/19 10:25 PM

Just.....wow. The mentality I can't fathom. I'm just going to shut up because I don't want to go on vacation.
Posted By: mstring

Re: Armed robber shot and killed. Family blames the clerk, saying he shouldn't have weapon at work - 11/08/19 10:27 PM

Guess the family felt he had the right to rob the store and to be safe while doing it. Never mind the if the clerk had the right to be safe while at work, and the customers too.
Posted By: Donpilot

Re: Armed robber shot and killed. Family blames the clerk, saying he shouldn't have weapon at work - 11/08/19 10:34 PM

I think this is why I don't get called for jury duty.
Posted By: bloo_rainger

Re: Armed robber shot and killed. Family blames the clerk, saying he shouldn't have weapon at work - 11/09/19 12:15 AM

I’m just disappointed the clerk shot so low...
Posted By: SteezMacQueen

Re: Armed robber shot and killed. Family blames the clerk, saying he shouldn't have weapon at work - 11/09/19 12:40 AM

Originally Posted by H2O Seeker

They will get some cash. It’s the new normal.
Posted By: V-Bottom

Re: Armed robber shot and killed. Family blames the clerk, saying he shouldn't have weapon at work - 11/09/19 12:50 AM

Originally Posted by H2O Seeker

Yep.....
Posted By: JIM SR.

Re: Armed robber shot and killed. Family blames the clerk, saying he shouldn't have weapon at work - 11/09/19 01:02 AM

they will want to sue for unlawful death,...geez. bang
Posted By: Chug-bug-bang1

Re: Armed robber shot and killed. Family blames the clerk, saying he shouldn't have weapon at work - 11/09/19 09:11 AM

Oh so comical these days

Thankfully Butthurt Beto quit

Just the type of family that would support total gun control
Posted By: T Bird

Re: Armed robber shot and killed. Family blames the clerk, saying he shouldn't have weapon at work - 11/09/19 11:35 AM

All you can do is shake your head at the ignorance of some people.
Posted By: Jpurdue

Re: Armed robber shot and killed. Family blames the clerk, saying he shouldn't have weapon at work - 11/09/19 01:01 PM

Just stupid. And by stupid, I mean just that. I'm not sure what else to call it. Something like 10% of the population has an IQ below 80. They are walking, talking adults, but the have the mental capacity of a 4th grader. They are incapable of complex rationale thought. The can barely see and understand the world through their eyes, let alone grasp someone else's point of view.

The military identified an IQ of 80 as the intelligence threshold below which it was no longer worth it to have them in the ranks. They simple consume more resource than they generate regardless of how simple the job. So 10% of the population is too stupid to work. Quick math here... 350 million people in the US. That's 35 million idiots walking among us. This idiot just happened to wind up on TV. Add in poverty, and you wind up with a real mess.
Posted By: beartrap

Re: Armed robber shot and killed. Family blames the clerk, saying he shouldn't have weapon at work - 11/09/19 01:09 PM

the stupid (and sad) thing about this is that we are paying "baby mamas" to have more kids that are being born into an environment where they have little chance of ever becoming happy and productive citizens....and....into a culture that thinks "they are owed something" because their ancestors were slaves...
only answer is enforced birth control to those on welfare....
Posted By: Bigbob_FTW

Re: Armed robber shot and killed. Family blames the clerk, saying he shouldn't have weapon at work - 11/09/19 01:10 PM

Originally Posted by Jpurdue
Just stupid. And by stupid, I mean just that. I'm not sure what else to call it. Something like 10% of the population has an IQ below 80. They are walking, talking adults, but the have the mental capacity of a 4th grader. They are incapable of complex rationale thought. The can barely see and understand the world through their eyes, let alone grasp someone else's point of view.

The military identified an IQ of 80 as the intelligence threshold below which it was no longer worth it to have them in the ranks. They simple consume more resource than they generate regardless of how simple the job. So 10% of the population is too stupid to work. Quick math here... 350 million people in the US. That's 35 million idiots walking among us. This idiot just happened to wind up on TV. Add in poverty, and you wind up with a real mess.

The military doesn't test your IQ.
Posted By: hopalong

Re: Armed robber shot and killed. Family blames the clerk, saying he shouldn't have weapon at work - 11/09/19 01:18 PM

Originally Posted by Bigbob_FTW

We took skills tests, same idea, mine showed high mechanical aptitude so they made me a radioman instead of chopper mech which is what i enlisted for. Go figure
Posted By: Jpurdue

Re: Armed robber shot and killed. Family blames the clerk, saying he shouldn't have weapon at work - 11/09/19 01:19 PM

Originally Posted by Bigbob_FTW

They used to Bob. They were on the leading edge of developing IQ tests post WWI. They needed a quick efficient way to figure out how to sort people.

Posted By: tmd11111

Re: Armed robber shot and killed. Family blames the clerk, saying he shouldn't have weapon at work - 11/09/19 01:27 PM

And some of them vote.
Posted By: Coach Hark

Re: Armed robber shot and killed. Family blames the clerk, saying he shouldn't have weapon at work - 11/09/19 02:24 PM

Originally Posted by Dave-0
Just.....wow. The mentality I can't fathom. I'm just going to shut up because I don't want to go on vacation.
Posted By: TCK73

Re: Armed robber shot and killed. Family blames the clerk, saying he shouldn't have weapon at work - 11/09/19 02:36 PM

I just cant get around people being that dumb. They walk among us for sure. SMDH
Posted By: hopalong

Re: Armed robber shot and killed. Family blames the clerk, saying he shouldn't have weapon at work - 11/09/19 06:07 PM

see what happens when you watch friends and seinfeld marathon style, this!
since it is 2 of 10 (20% for you math types) I would say the facts lead to this simple conclusion.
Posted By: WAWI

Re: Armed robber shot and killed. Family blames the clerk, saying he shouldn't have weapon at work - 11/09/19 06:29 PM

Originally Posted by Dfitz
Originally Posted by Chris B

roflmao

roflmao
Posted By: Kentucky

Re: Armed robber shot and killed. Family blames the clerk, saying he shouldn't have weapon at work - 11/09/19 06:56 PM

I could see this family saying
how is he supposed to get his money ?" remember that one ?
Posted By: Jig Man

Re: Armed robber shot and killed. Family blames the clerk, saying he shouldn't have weapon at work - 11/10/19 02:00 AM

Bet he doesn't rob any more stores... slinger
Prolly wont be the last one of that family either!
Posted By: Duck_Hunter

Re: Armed robber shot and killed. Family blames the clerk, saying he shouldn't have weapon at work - 11/10/19 02:09 AM

Originally Posted by Uncle Zeek
I try - I really do try - to be sympathetic to folks who have experienced trauma.

But in this case, screw 'em - their loved one made his deliberate, violent choices that ended his own life. The clerk should get a medal and be treated as a hero.

Well said.
Posted By: Bee'z

Re: Armed robber shot and killed. Family blames the clerk, saying he shouldn't have weapon at work - 11/10/19 03:49 AM

Originally Posted by Duck_Hunter
Originally Posted by Uncle Zeek

Well said.

x2 F him... Don't raise degenerate children
© 2024 Texas Fishing Forum