Texas Fishing Forum

Another Cowboy arrested.

Posted By: Curt0407

Another Cowboy arrested. - 11/07/19 05:12 PM

Surprised that this hasn't hit the OT yet. This guy is a minimal impact player already on the IR list.

https://www.nbcdfw.com/news/sports/...un-Drug-Charges-in-Frisco-564569431.html
Posted By: Mark Perry

Re: Another Cowboy arrested. - 11/07/19 05:13 PM

It always seems to be the D linemen.
Posted By: Icepick

Re: Another Cowboy arrested. - 11/07/19 05:47 PM

"Ross, 26, was arrested in Frisco during a traffic stop, KRLD reported, and was taken into custody for possession of marijuana and unlawful possession of a weapon."

So I'm guessing the "unlawful" part of having a gun was because he also had marijuana?
I ask because I seem to remember it being legal to carry a gun in your vehicle even if you don't have a CHL/LTC.
Posted By: BCBassCat

Re: Another Cowboy arrested. - 11/07/19 05:49 PM

Thought I heard it was a licensing issue
Posted By: RayBob

Re: Another Cowboy arrested. - 11/07/19 06:24 PM

Originally Posted by Icepick
possession of marijuana and unlawful possession of a weapon."

So I'm guessing the "unlawful" part of having a gun was because he also had marijuana?
I ask because I seem to remember it being legal to carry a gun in your vehicle even if you don't have a CHL/LTC.

This is correct about your vehicle. It's considered an extension of one's home thus the Castle Doctrine would apply. This is settled Texas law.

Hooch is unlawful so maybe carrying a firearm in the commission of another crime????? DUI maybe also.
Posted By: H2O Seeker

Re: Another Cowboy arrested. - 11/07/19 06:39 PM

Unless he was carrying something he would need a license for...
Posted By: Happykamper

Re: Another Cowboy arrested. - 11/07/19 07:00 PM

From what I have heard he is a good guy, prob a 2 game suspension coming when he gets off of IR.
Posted By: txmasterpo

Re: Another Cowboy arrested. - 11/07/19 09:13 PM

he is the type of player Johnson would cut on the spot and send to the asthma field....just saying

Re: Another Cowboy arrested. - 11/07/19 10:07 PM

Originally Posted by txmasterpo
he is the type of player Johnson would cut on the spot and send to the asthma field....just saying

No, this guy gives great effort, Taco would have been sent to the asthma field.
Posted By: Coach Hark

Re: Another Cowboy arrested. - 11/07/19 11:07 PM

Never heard of him, nuff said.
Posted By: RayBob

Re: Another Cowboy arrested. - 11/07/19 11:53 PM

Originally Posted by Happykamper

And Trystan Hill. So far he's been a DB.

Re: Another Cowboy arrested. - 11/07/19 11:54 PM

Originally Posted by RayBob

Yep....so much for the "agreement" he signed with Martinelli.

https://www.google.com/amp/s/amp.st...ns-blogs/mac-engel/article237076219.html

Re: Another Cowboy arrested. - 11/08/19 12:02 AM

Originally Posted by Mark Perry
Originally Posted by RayBob

Yep....so much for the "agreement" he signed with Martinelli.

https://www.google.com/amp/s/amp.st...ns-blogs/mac-engel/article237076219.html

Calling him a bust is a bit early, from what i have read he needs to gain more strength much like Connor Williams needed. Also the Cowboys did not expect him to start but they did hope he would contribute more than he has, Tank did not exactly set the world on fire when he first got here.

Re: Another Cowboy arrested. - 11/08/19 02:42 PM

If a 1st or 2nd rounder ain't getting at least a little playing time by mid point of thecseason tgen it is a refkection of a possible bust, reach pick or attitude issues. Especially when said team needs that position and has to go out and trade for another player.
Posted By: Bob Davis

Re: Another Cowboy arrested. - 11/08/19 02:48 PM

Well duh.
Posted By: Jim Ford

Re: Another Cowboy arrested. - 11/08/19 10:20 PM

Originally Posted by Icepick
"Ross, 26, was arrested in Frisco during a traffic stop, KRLD reported, and was taken into custody for possession of marijuana and unlawful possession of a weapon."

Sec. 46.02. UNLAWFUL CARRYING WEAPONS. (a) A person commits an offense if the person:

(1) intentionally, knowingly, or recklessly carries on or about his or her person a handgun; and

(2) is not:

(A) on the person's own premises or premises under the person's control; or

(B) inside of or directly en route to a motor vehicle or watercraft that is owned by the person or under the person's control.

(a-1) A person commits an offense if the person intentionally, knowingly, or recklessly carries on or about his or her person a handgun in a motor vehicle or watercraft that is owned by the person or under the person's control at any time in which:

(1) the handgun is in plain view, unless the person is licensed to carry a handgun under Subchapter H, Chapter 411, Government Code, and the handgun is carried in a shoulder or belt holster; or

(2) the person is:

(A) engaged in criminal activity, other than a Class C misdemeanor that is a violation of a law or ordinance regulating traffic or boating;

(B) prohibited by law from possessing a firearm; or

(C) a member of a criminal street gang, as defined by Section 71.01.
© 2024 Texas Fishing Forum