Texas Fishing Forum

Dog in heat

Posted By: Popedaddy

Dog in heat - 10/28/19 11:05 PM

My Female lab is in heat for the 2nd time. We have a male lab that is fixed. When we let them out to go to the bathroom, they come back and of course panting like they just ran 17 miles on a dead sprint. She has slobber all over her and he is drooling. Trying to separate them while they go is an issue. Him or her trying to tear down the back door. Anyone with experience on this issue? What do you do? Just let them go at it and have a little fun, or separate them? We have been through this before with another female. The wife wants them separated but I’m kinda like, hey it’s natural. But having to wash the dang dog from all the slobber is getting stupid.
Posted By: steveiam

Re: Dog in heat - 10/28/19 11:10 PM

I got nothing that will help you but I will look at this thread again-
I bet this can be good-
Posted By: Duck_Hunter

Re: Dog in heat - 10/28/19 11:12 PM

Originally Posted by popedaddy
My Female lab is in heat for the 2nd time. We have a male lab that is fixed. When we let them out to go to the bathroom, they come back and of course panting like they just ran 17 miles on a dead sprint. She has slobber all over her and he is drooling. Trying to separate them while they go is an issue. Him or her trying to tear down the back door. Anyone with experience on this issue? What do you do? Just let them go at it and have a little fun, or separate them? We have been through this before with another female. The wife wants them separated but I’m kinda like, hey it’s natural. But having to wash the dang dog from all the slobber is getting stupid.

Read the last sentence this time.

I guess you could get the bitch fixed. That would solve the issue.

Re: Dog in heat - 10/28/19 11:15 PM

Fixed dogs still have the go get em’ attitude. I don’t see a issue other than the wife and the drool all over her. You can’t even pet her when she comes in, and after the drool dries it’s like you coated her in egg whites!

Re: Dog in heat - 10/28/19 11:17 PM

Yea, we just haven’t done it yet.
Posted By: Drodge

Re: Dog in heat - 10/28/19 11:19 PM

Shock collars help.
Posted By: Beer Money

Re: Dog in heat - 10/28/19 11:24 PM

[Linked Image]
Posted By: Bigbob_FTW

Re: Dog in heat - 10/28/19 11:47 PM

Originally Posted by Beer Money
[Linked Image]

roflmao
Posted By: silvers

Re: Dog in heat - 10/29/19 12:14 AM

You live an exciting life, let them have their fun, lol

Re: Dog in heat - 10/29/19 12:16 AM

Fixed dogs still have the go get em’ attitude. I don’t see a issue other than the wife and the drool all over her. You can’t even pet her when she comes in, and after the drool dries it’s like you coated her in egg whites!

I’ve never had a fixed dog that cared about dogs in heat. Does this happen?

Could you let them out at different times to avoid the slobber? Once she is fixed, it will stop, but if the slobber is that bad, I would agree with your wife that it would be annoying.
Posted By: rj74955

Re: Dog in heat - 10/29/19 12:21 AM

I have a question. I would never have a dog living in the house so I wouldn't know, but do they not go at it in the house?
Posted By: Beer Money

Re: Dog in heat - 10/29/19 12:43 AM

Originally Posted by Duck_Hunter

Could you let them out at different times to avoid the slobber? Once she is fixed, it will stop, but if the slobber is that bad, I would agree with your wife that it would be annoying.

I had a boxer that was neutered. He had a raisin for a sack but he would hump air when the wind blew.

Re: Dog in heat - 10/29/19 12:55 AM

Are you positive he's fixed and you're petting slobber? [Linked Image]

Re: Dog in heat - 10/29/19 01:36 AM

I had a boxer that was neutered. He had a raisin for a sack but he would hump air when the wind blew.

Dogs humping inanimate objects or the air isn’t necessarily the same as trying to have sex, but that’s interesting. I would think humping a female in heat is different than humping a pillow or the air when neutered. My buddy had a fixed female that would hump the air when other dogs were around. It was a dominance thing.

Re: Dog in heat - 10/29/19 01:37 AM

Originally Posted by rj74955

Solid question.
Posted By: Nickbyrd

Re: Dog in heat - 10/29/19 01:57 AM

You need to get her fixed it’s the only way . I had a line of dogs every morning when she was in heat when I let her out before work . Even had a cocker spaniel tried to Glory hole her thru the kennel one time
Posted By: 44 Diesel

Re: Dog in heat - 10/29/19 02:05 AM

my basset hound is a virgin and he sure could use a confidence booster, he wont mind staying outside with her either

Re: Dog in heat - 10/29/19 02:07 AM

Originally Posted by Nickbyrd
You need to get her fixed it’s the only way . I had a line of dogs every morning when she was in heat when I let her out before work . Even had a cocker spaniel tried to Glory hole her thru the kennel one time

I had a buddy who had two German shepherds break through a screen window into his kitchen trying to get at his dog who was in heat. It was nice weather so they had the windows open and the windows were floor to ceiling with bushes in front. The dogs were halfway through the window screens when he realized what was going on. He said he was punching and kicking them in the face.

Re: Dog in heat - 10/29/19 02:13 AM

Originally Posted by 44 Diesel
my basset hound is a virgin and he sure could use a confidence booster, he wont mind staying outside with her either

roflmao Lab puppies with giant ears.
Posted By: Bob Davis

Re: Dog in heat - 10/29/19 02:36 AM

roflmao
Posted By: lconn4

Re: Dog in heat - 10/29/19 03:32 AM

Get a mop handle. Old rover can dish it out but he sure can't take it.
bolt
Posted By: PaulGrapevine

Re: Dog in heat - 10/29/19 03:37 AM

my basset hound is a virgin and he sure could use a confidence booster

Sig worthy right there!
Posted By: T Bird

Re: Dog in heat - 10/29/19 12:05 PM

PM Frank roflmao https://texasfishingforum.com/forums/ubbthreads.php/topics/13325293/side-hustle#Post13325293
Posted By: John175☮

Re: Dog in heat - 10/29/19 12:11 PM

3/4 of the OT.

[Linked Image]
Posted By: UGLYSHCTICK

Re: Dog in heat - 10/29/19 12:12 PM

he may need a spotter for the dismount.
Posted By: Trickster

Re: Dog in heat - 10/29/19 05:09 PM

Probably should check with Derek.
Posted By: Nickbyrd

Re: Dog in heat - 10/29/19 09:33 PM

Originally Posted by John175☮
3/4 of the OT.

[Linked Image]

roflmao
Posted By: Dfitz

Re: Dog in heat - 10/29/19 09:43 PM

Do nothing, he will muster up a swimmer somehow and voila, you be setting up a "For Sale Lab Puppies" on Craigslist in 64 days. Thats free cash money.
Posted By: Stump jumper

Re: Dog in heat - 10/30/19 05:39 PM

yep, the only fixed male I have had did. He would walk around with his pink thing exposed. I had a Golden that we never fixed. When she was in the house and in heat we put a pair of tighty whitey's on her. Her tail went through the hole in the front. I learned my lesson about not fixing females. My ex had a rescued Dalmation and the neighbors Brittany could either jump a 6' fence or he found a knothole.

Re: Dog in heat - 10/30/19 06:06 PM

Originally Posted by Stump jumper

yep, the only fixed male I have had did. He would walk around with his pink thing exposed. I had a Golden that we never fixed. When she was in the house and in heat we put a pair of tighty whitey's on her. Her tail went through the hole in the front. I learned my lesson about not fixing females. My ex had a rescued Dalmation and the neighbors Brittany could either jump a 6' fence or he found a knothole.

I’ve had neutered dogs have their pink thing exposed from time to time and I’ve seen them hump dogs or inanimate objects or the air, but it’s a behavioral thing, not a sex thing.

To your last story, we had friends who had two in-tact dogs. They would lock one in a metal crate during the day. Came home one day and the bars on the crate had been pried apart, the female escaped and got pregnant. They will do whatever it takes.
Posted By: bloo_rainger

Re: Dog in heat - 10/30/19 08:53 PM

Go outside with them and show the male dog who the alpha male in the family is. That should solve your problem....
Posted By: Bob Davis

Re: Dog in heat - 10/30/19 09:29 PM

[Linked Image]

[Linked Image]

Re: Dog in heat - 10/31/19 12:38 AM

Originally Posted by bloo_rainger

Go outside with them and show the male dog who the alpha male in the family is. That should solve your problem....

roflmao
Posted By: hadite81

Re: Dog in heat - 10/31/19 04:06 PM

This... It ain't slobber!!!!!

Originally Posted by rj74955
Posted By: Twotoes

Re: Dog in heat - 10/31/19 05:58 PM

My spayed Pyrenees goat dog mounts and thrusts on a particular female goat every day. Not sure what's going on there.
© 2024 Texas Fishing Forum