Texas Fishing Forum

Don't Open It!

Posted By: ReelBusy

Don't Open It! - 10/25/19 02:27 PM

Lots of email spoofing attacks going on lately. If you get an email from someone and it has a zip file attachment that you are not expecting DO NOT OPEN IT.

I'm amazed at how many people open everything they get. bang
Posted By: lconn4

Re: Don't Open It! - 10/25/19 02:34 PM

Re: Don't Open It! - 10/25/19 02:46 PM

Originally Posted by lconn4

I'm sending you some fudge from Uranus for that little stunt
Posted By: cocodrie

Re: Don't Open It! - 10/25/19 03:13 PM

Normally you wouldn't expect your IT vendor's email to get hacked. hammer
Posted By: hopalong

Re: Don't Open It! - 10/25/19 03:15 PM

well then how the heck will I know when the nigerian princess wants to send me all those millions she said I am owed?
Posted By: Monty Wright

Re: Don't Open It! - 10/25/19 03:18 PM

We have phishing tests all the time on my work email. If you fail it, you have to take an online course. If you fail it twice, it's escalated higher. I believe if you fail 3, your internet privileges are revoked.

Re: Don't Open It! - 10/25/19 03:28 PM

Originally Posted by cocodrie
Normally you wouldn't expect your IT vendor's email to get hacked. hammer

That Peter fella, can't keep him off the sites! bang Probably nekkid yoga in Johnson County
Posted By: TexDawg

Re: Don't Open It! - 10/25/19 03:31 PM

I’m back to getting multiple robo calls a day again when it had dropped to almost zero a few weeks ago, I hate them
Posted By: Duck_Hunter

Re: Don't Open It! - 10/25/19 03:34 PM

Originally Posted by Monty Wright
We have phishing tests all the time on my work email. If you fail it, you have to take an online course. If you fail it twice, it's escalated higher. I believe if you fail 3, your internet privileges are revoked.

Everyone at my company has to take a quarterly IT security test. It’s 10-20 multiple choice questions. You keep taking it until you get 100%. It’s security theater. First, the questions are extremely stupid.

For example, “if you lose your computer, what should you do?”

1) immediately tell your supervisor
2) wait until your supervisor asks why you’re not responding to emails

It’s absurd.

Second, you can just guess all of the answers until you get to 100%. If it’s a 10 question test, nine of them will be obvious. One will be worded weird. Just keep guessing that one until you get it right.

It’s asinine.
© 2024 Texas Fishing Forum