Texas Fishing Forum

WTT Jason Garrett for any coach

Posted By: LeonSulak

WTT Jason Garrett for any coach - 10/13/19 09:49 PM

Willing to also throw in some footballs, and a box of mouth pieces.
Posted By: GIG'EM AGGIES

Re: WTT Jason Garrett for any coach - 10/13/19 09:54 PM

Here's a vote for Dabo Sweeney for the next head coach.
Posted By: stuntmandave

Re: WTT Jason Garrett for any coach - 10/13/19 09:57 PM

bang
Posted By: skeeterbugzx300

Re: WTT Jason Garrett for any coach - 10/13/19 11:16 PM

trade for Jason garrett you may be able to get a high school coach. you would have to throw in some boot though.
Posted By: Tanner101

Re: WTT Jason Garrett for any coach - 10/13/19 11:20 PM

I hear Michigan is putting their man on the trading block...
Posted By: Patrnflyr

Re: WTT Jason Garrett for any coach - 10/13/19 11:24 PM

I would bet that Bob Stoops is on the short list
Posted By: coachallentca

Re: WTT Jason Garrett for any coach - 10/13/19 11:31 PM

I will trade him for some rattle traps..
Posted By: Frank the Tank

Re: WTT Jason Garrett for any coach - 10/14/19 12:42 AM

Originally Posted by coachallentca
I will trade him for some rattle traps..

Dont think anyone would take that trade right now coach.
Posted By: 21elite

Re: WTT Jason Garrett for any coach - 10/14/19 12:47 AM

Jason just does what Jerry tells him to
Posted By: silvers

Re: WTT Jason Garrett for any coach - 10/14/19 12:49 AM

Even the lurkers are pissed off lol
Posted By: Happykamper

Re: WTT Jason Garrett for any coach - 10/14/19 12:52 AM

Originally Posted by Patrnflyr

God I hope and pray this does not happen. Need to get rid of the young defensive guru, fire the offensive genius , cut all the no playing high paid stars, and hire Bill Bellicek, give him whatever he wants.
Posted By: butch sanders

Re: WTT Jason Garrett for any coach - 10/14/19 12:53 AM

why would Bill leave a winner?
Posted By: JCG57

Re: WTT Jason Garrett for any coach - 10/14/19 12:59 AM

Originally Posted by Happykamper
Originally Posted by Patrnflyr

God I hope and pray this does not happen. Need to get rid of the young defensive guru, fire the offensive genius , cut all the no playing high paid stars, and hire Bill Bellicek, give him whatever he wants.

Would have to double his pay and send Jerry away...very far away.
Posted By: txmasterpo

Re: WTT Jason Garrett for any coach - 10/14/19 01:06 AM

I would fire him on the plane and name Richard the interim coach....with the directive to cut two veterans Monday.....he can pick ....Crawford and The Goat would be my picks

Re: WTT Jason Garrett for any coach - 10/14/19 01:12 AM

Originally Posted by txmasterpo
I would fire him on the plane and name Richard the interim coach....with the directive to cut two veterans Monday.....he can pick ....Crawford and The Goat would be my picks

Richard is maybe the biggest problem, I would not have him coach my middle school team.
Posted By: SteezMacQueen

Re: WTT Jason Garrett for any coach - 10/14/19 01:12 AM

Originally Posted by LeonSulak
Willing to also throw in some footballs, and a box of mouth pieces.
Highschool ok?
Posted By: banker-always fishing

Re: WTT Jason Garrett for any coach - 10/14/19 01:14 AM

Garrett is going no where ! If he can manage to pull out a good season and make it to the NFC title game he has a chance to be back next year. Other than that he is gone! Just my two cents. 2cents
Posted By: Mark Perry

Re: WTT Jason Garrett for any coach - 10/14/19 01:21 AM

Mike Tomlin.....next coach of the Cowboys... juggle
Posted By: HasBen

Re: WTT Jason Garrett for any coach - 10/14/19 01:28 AM

Lincoln Riley

Re: WTT Jason Garrett for any coach - 10/14/19 01:35 AM

Originally Posted by 21xs

Yep. Any coach that comes here is just football man Jerry’s puppet. He pulls the strings.
Posted By: ko bass attack 27

Re: WTT Jason Garrett for any coach - 10/14/19 01:50 AM

Originally Posted by Frank the Tank

Yep. Any coach that comes here is just football man Jerry’s puppet. He pulls the strings.

This is it, no established coach is going to want to work for a micro manager like Jerry Jones. He had Parcells and Parcells told him that he didn't want TO on his team and Jerry signed him anyway and we all know how that ended. Jerry also hires the assistant coaches, no coach with a set is gonna go for that. No sense in firing Jason Garrett because it would just be another from the same mold.
Posted By: Kicker16

Re: WTT Jason Garrett for any coach - 10/14/19 01:58 AM

I think he's doing a great job. Another win or 2 and he's gonna get an extension.
Posted By: txmasterpo

Re: WTT Jason Garrett for any coach - 10/14/19 02:08 AM

Richard is maybe the biggest problem, I would not have him coach my middle school team.

I don't agree first of all....and second of all, I just need him to lead...make them play and be afraid every week

Re: WTT Jason Garrett for any coach - 10/14/19 02:12 AM

Belicheck coming to Dallas !!! ........
roflmao roflmao roflmao

Re: WTT Jason Garrett for any coach - 10/14/19 02:13 AM

Originally Posted by Kicker16
I think he's doing a great job. Another win or 2 and he's gonna get an extension.

Me too. Red Clappy for coach of the year!!!
Posted By: BigDozer66

Re: WTT Jason Garrett for any coach - 10/14/19 02:22 AM

Originally Posted by Tanner101
I hear Michigan is putting their man on the trading block...

Since Jim and wolverines have won a lot but he doesn't win the big games.
Posted By: lakeforkfisherman

Re: WTT Jason Garrett for any coach - 10/14/19 02:23 AM

Bingo. We have a winner.
Posted By: Team Skeeterless

Re: WTT Jason Garrett for any coach - 10/14/19 02:29 AM

Maybe we could get a decent used washing machine for him! roflmao
Posted By: basscaster46

Re: WTT Jason Garrett for any coach - 10/14/19 02:37 AM

Doubt Cows make it to NFC title game . The way their playing might be lucky to stay above 500
Posted By: SC-001

Re: WTT Jason Garrett for any coach - 10/14/19 02:44 AM

Red headed Jesus needs to go

Re: WTT Jason Garrett for any coach - 10/14/19 02:45 AM

Jerruh the football man has already said after today’s loss that he’s not even close to a decision like that.

Re: WTT Jason Garrett for any coach - 10/14/19 02:59 AM

Lou Holtz
Posted By: Team Skeeterless

Re: WTT Jason Garrett for any coach - 10/14/19 03:02 AM

I loved seeing the clapper snubbed of high fives by his own team today. It appears to me he’s possibly loosing the respect of his players. Maybe they are finally getting tired of the clapping and being out coached?
Posted By: sdavis24

Re: WTT Jason Garrett for any coach - 10/14/19 07:03 AM

Originally Posted by silvers
Even the lurkers are pissed off lol

roflmao
Posted By: Jimbo

Re: WTT Jason Garrett for any coach - 10/14/19 11:59 AM

Originally Posted by basscaster46
Doubt Cows make it to NFC title game . The way their playing might be lucky to stay above 500

This^^^ and if you don't believe it, just look at their schedule..
The way they are playing, Baker Mayfield would have a hall of fame day against the Cowboys.
They should have been no worse than 4-2 at this juncture, and looking strong.
Posted By: Fishingking

Re: WTT Jason Garrett for any coach - 10/14/19 12:37 PM

Originally Posted by Team Skeeterless
I loved seeing the clapper snubbed of high fives by his own team today. It appears to me he’s possibly loosing the respect of his players. Maybe they are finally getting tired of the clapping and being out coached?

Glad to see I wasn't the only one that noticed that.
Posted By: Jimbo

Re: WTT Jason Garrett for any coach - 10/14/19 12:46 PM

Cowboys didn't decide to start playing until after half time.
They thought the Jets was a gimmie game and all they had to do was show up.
On the other hand the Jets had this date circled on their calendar as their first win!
I don't want to hear about injuries and blah, blah, blah, because anyone could see they weren't ready to play, and that falls on the coaching and lack of preparation.
Look what the Steelers did with a non drafted, first game, number 3 QB.
Posted By: Tallgrass05

Re: WTT Jason Garrett for any coach - 10/14/19 12:51 PM

Garrett continues to show he's, at best, an average coach.

Re: WTT Jason Garrett for any coach - 10/14/19 01:08 PM

Originally Posted by Team Skeeterless

And out played
Posted By: bassfishinglawyer

Re: WTT Jason Garrett for any coach - 10/14/19 01:14 PM

Art Briles is nearby and he might be looking again. roflmao
Posted By: TexasZman

Re: WTT Jason Garrett for any coach - 10/14/19 01:42 PM

I think I've figured out what his problem is -he doesn't count his claps before the team takes the field at the start of the game.
"C'mon, offense, let's go!" (Clap on, Clap off, Clap on, Clap off, Clap on, Clap off, Clap on, Clap OFF) Then they take the field.
Posted By: JIM SR.

Re: WTT Jason Garrett for any coach - 10/14/19 01:55 PM

Jason is right on schedule, 3 and 3. clap clap clap clap clap hammer

Re: WTT Jason Garrett for any coach - 10/14/19 02:04 PM

i heard the Big Sheriff was looking for houses
in Frisco
Posted By: Lannie Robertson

Re: WTT Jason Garrett for any coach - 10/14/19 02:07 PM

Originally Posted by butch sanders
in Frisco

Heard the same,but he was looking in Aledo.
Posted By: Mike Keenan

Re: WTT Jason Garrett for any coach - 10/14/19 02:34 PM

Originally Posted by Jimbo
Cowboys didn't decide to start playing until after half time.
They thought the Jets was a gimmie game and all they had to do was show up.
On the other hand the Jets had this date circled on their calendar as their first win!
I don't want to hear about injuries and blah, blah, blah, because anyone could see they weren't ready to play, and that falls on the coaching and lack of preparation.
Look what the Steelers did with a non drafted, first game, number 3 QB.

You got that right, he hit his first win and first ever TD... That rookie QB, flat out did the big time veteran Mr. Phillip Rivers... but it’s sad to say, the people in Carson City don’t want the Chargers there at all... there were more Steeler fans then Charger fans...

Re: WTT Jason Garrett for any coach - 10/14/19 02:53 PM

Just stop all this non-sense! We want coach Clappy back for a long time so zip it. He’s awesome.

Re: WTT Jason Garrett for any coach - 10/14/19 03:03 PM

Originally Posted by Lannie Robertson
Originally Posted by butch sanders
in Frisco

Heard the same,but he was looking in Aledo.

nice
Posted By: ko bass attack 27

Re: WTT Jason Garrett for any coach - 10/14/19 03:14 PM

You can bet wherever it is it will be close to a Waffle House.

Re: WTT Jason Garrett for any coach - 10/14/19 03:21 PM

roflmao

Re: WTT Jason Garrett for any coach - 10/14/19 03:43 PM

Jerry already said today no changes during the season.
Posted By: 921 Phoenix

Re: WTT Jason Garrett for any coach - 10/14/19 03:56 PM

Bill is not leaving NE till Brady retires and he sure isn’t going to Dallas to be Under Jerry after all the years in NE

Best thing the boys could do is get Jerry out of the managing part and just be a good owner. The best part about being a owner you don’t have to. Till that happens y’all might as well keep Jason.

They need a new coaching tree from start to finish and start afresh.
Posted By: 921 Phoenix

Re: WTT Jason Garrett for any coach - 10/14/19 03:57 PM

If the girls would just start playing up to their capabilities it wouldn’t be that bad anyway. I love me some Witten but he needs to go
Posted By: fishslime

Re: WTT Jason Garrett for any coach - 10/14/19 04:20 PM

I vote for Charlie Manson. Just remembered he's dead. That's OK, so are they.
Posted By: soggybottom

Re: WTT Jason Garrett for any coach - 10/14/19 04:25 PM

I would hire Lincoln Riley or Tom Herman, bot h could win 10 games with this team. I don't think JJ tells him what to do when it comes to the game calling but he just loves the guy for some reason. JJ has always been too loyal. Usually to winners, I don't get the loyalty to this guy?

Re: WTT Jason Garrett for any coach - 10/14/19 05:02 PM

Originally Posted by soggybottom
I would hire Lincoln Riley or Tom Herman, bot h could win 10 games with this team. I don't think JJ tells him what to do when it comes to the game calling but he just loves the guy for some reason. JJ has always been too loyal. Usually to winners, I don't get the loyalty to this guy?

It's well documented that Jason has become like a son to Jerruh with the Garretts going to the Jones's for dinner often, Jerruh is loyal to a fault, which i think is a good quality, but it's hurting them now.
Posted By: camo-jorts

Re: WTT Jason Garrett for any coach - 10/14/19 05:05 PM

Jerry should just put the head set on and coach himself. Would save him $6 mill a year.
Posted By: JavelinJ

Re: WTT Jason Garrett for any coach - 10/14/19 05:08 PM

I still do not know why they did not hire Romo as OC. The dud e knows his stuff.

Re: WTT Jason Garrett for any coach - 10/14/19 05:14 PM

I don't think Jerry is as involved as he used to be on what happens from Stephen and McClay on down, no way he has that much time with what all he has going on. He is loyal to a fault, maybe he should start being a hardass a hole, maybe things would change.

Re: WTT Jason Garrett for any coach - 10/14/19 05:15 PM

Originally Posted by JavelinJ
I still do not know why they did not hire Romo as OC. The dud e knows his stuff.

He is not gonna take the pay cut.
Posted By: Scagnetti

Re: WTT Jason Garrett for any coach - 10/14/19 05:43 PM

I don't think Jerry is as involved as he used to be on what happens from Stephen and McClay on down, no way he has that much time with what all he has going on. He is loyal to a fault, maybe he should start being a hardass a hole, maybe things would change.

Jerrah's too busy booking monster truck shows and boxing matches at the Death Star to worry about football operations
Posted By: fishslime

Re: WTT Jason Garrett for any coach - 10/14/19 07:27 PM

The only reason he has stayed with Garrett is because he has been good enough to keep the team competitive and the dollars rolling in. He's also smart enough (I think) to realize he is not going to get an experienced coach who is any good. They won't work in his environment. Some one like Lincoln Riley looks good on the surface, but being a good college coach doesn't always equate with being a good pro coach. So he's either got to go with a retread like Wade Phillips or some one from within. I hate to say it,. but it'll never happen with the conditions as they are now. JJ needs to retire to that new yacht with no phone or internet service.
Posted By: machinist

Re: WTT Jason Garrett for any coach - 10/15/19 03:42 AM

[Linked Image]
Posted By: Coach Hark

Re: WTT Jason Garrett for any coach - 10/15/19 03:50 AM

Originally Posted by fishslime

The only reason he has stayed with Garrett is because he has been good enough to keep the team competitive and the dollars rolling in. He's also smart enough (I think) to realize he is not going to get an experienced coach who is any good. They won't work in his environment. Some one like Lincoln Riley looks good on the surface, but being a good college coach doesn't always equate with being a good pro coach. So he's either got to go with a retread like Wade Phillips or some one from within. I hate to say it,. but it'll never happen with the conditions as they are now. JJ needs to retire to that new yacht with no phone or internet service.

See Nick Saban with the Dolphins. Good point. Everyone is on Kris Richard’s jock and I’m one that isn’t. The Cowboys have to be the most conservative defense in the league. They may rush 5, 2 or 3 times a game and never 6. Gregg Williams showed them what a blitzing defense can do to an offense. He took Kellen Moore to school and Adam Gase took Richard to school on playing 1 high safety trying to defend the pass.

Re: WTT Jason Garrett for any coach - 10/15/19 04:05 AM

Originally Posted by Scagnetti

Jerrah's too busy booking monster truck shows and boxing matches at the Death Star to worry about football operations

Yep

Re: WTT Jason Garrett for any coach - 10/15/19 04:06 AM

Originally Posted by machinist
[Linked Image]

roflmao
Posted By: marschall

Re: WTT Jason Garrett for any coach - 10/15/19 10:01 AM

Does it really matter who the coach is ? Same old same old every year as long as JJ owns the Cowboys he would just be a puppet . It is and will always be all about him and his ego . Wish he would just go away , far away and hire a GM and never be seen on the camera .

Re: WTT Jason Garrett for any coach - 10/15/19 12:58 PM

Originally Posted by marschall
Does it really matter who the coach is ? Same old same old every year as long as JJ owns the Cowboys he would just be a puppet . It is and will always be all about him and his ego . Wish he would just go away , far away and hire a GM and never be seen on the camera .

It has been pretty well noted that Stephen and Will McClay are pretty much in charge of the players, Jerry will have a big hand in the coach ( hiring or firing ) but I don't think he meddles anywhere close to what folks think.

Re: WTT Jason Garrett for any coach - 10/15/19 12:59 PM

I would like to see Dan Campbell get a shot. Or the DC from the Niners if he can being in a good OC.
Posted By: TexasZman

Re: WTT Jason Garrett for any coach - 10/15/19 06:17 PM

Originally Posted by marschall

It has been pretty well noted that Stephen and Will McClay are pretty much in charge of the players, Jerry will have a big hand in the coach ( hiring or firing ) but I don't think he meddles anywhere close to what folks think.

Maybe Jerry is pretty hands on, maybe he isn't. But I just read this headline on dallasnews.com, and it says everything about what the problem is:

"Jerry Jones praises Jason Garrett after Cowboys’ third straight loss, but those are just words for now"

It seems that NO ONE on the team is really irked at having lost 3 straight games (they should have won at least 2 of those). If no one in the executive team are upset, and no one in the management/coaching staff is really upset, there just can't be a problem.
The problem is that America's best mediocre team is SO mediocre that they can't see it even when they look in the mirror.

If only something would happen to light their fire and get the team to play to their potential.
#FireJasonGarrett
Posted By: Trickster

Re: WTT Jason Garrett for any coach - 10/15/19 08:17 PM

Need to tank and get Joe Burrow
Eric Bieniemy for head coach.
Posted By: Hog Jaw

Re: WTT Jason Garrett for any coach - 10/16/19 03:26 AM

I think Garrett should step down but not now wait till end of season . The Boys will be in the playoffs . Get a new Staff together soon as season ends .
© 2024 Texas Fishing Forum