Texas Fishing Forum

The joker review

Posted By: BCBassCat

The joker review - 10/09/19 02:32 AM

I’m not quite sure what to think of this movie, it was a tough watch, lots of craziness, the joker played by Joaquin Phoenix, he was extremely crazy there were points where I was like that’s funny ha ha but wait now that’s sad but and then wait it’s funny ha ha. Dude laughed uncontrollably when you shouldn’t laugh I was like what the heck is going on here. I’ve always been a big fan of the Batman movies but this joker he was really freaking crazy, Lots of bad stuff happens to regular people like bullies and such and this was kind a like the bullied guy gets revenge. I spoke this review into my phone as I am preparing to go to bed (my boss has worked me like a Hebrew slave for 2 straight weeks). Hope you enjoyed. Later BC.
Posted By: Dfitz

Re: The joker review - 10/09/19 04:17 AM

Excellent review without giving away anything about the plot or ending. clap
Posted By: Bee'z

Re: The joker review - 10/09/19 05:41 AM

You have a boss eek2
Posted By: 1ShotNoKills

Re: The joker review - 10/09/19 09:37 AM

I give this review a 0/5 for not having any kind of scoring system
Posted By: butch sanders

Re: The joker review - 10/09/19 12:01 PM

good
Posted By: Dan90210 ☮

Re: The joker review - 10/09/19 12:37 PM

Joaquin Phoenix is awesome. I dont follow actors and such but he is one who I give props to...hes damn good. Him and Robert Downey Jr. Those guys are good.

Posted By: rj74955

Re: The joker review - 10/09/19 12:48 PM

You need to pm Derek, you are not doing this right.
Posted By: BCBassCat

Re: The joker review - 10/09/19 01:36 PM

3.5 out of 5 weird clown faces. Movie was very dark and the acting was tremendous. Left me with a meh feeling.
Posted By: Derek 🐝

Re: The joker review - 10/09/19 02:29 PM

Originally Posted by rj74955
You need to pm Derek, you are not doing this right.

Is it really that hard to give a proper review? Come on guys. Get it together.
Posted By: BassFever

Re: The joker review - 10/09/19 02:34 PM

I don't want to come out of a movie I just paid $30+ for(ticket, popcorn, etc) and feel like Meh. I want to be excited, thrilled, calm, looking forward to the next in the series etc. NOT MEH. We already have enough dark movies out. Don't need another one to give ideas to the sicko's of this world.
Posted By: JIM SR.

Re: The joker review - 10/09/19 03:16 PM

Personally my review is easy,...2 Thumbs down. I go to the movies to be entertained, I was not.
My wife and I almost walked out, but kept saying something has to get good sooner or later,...The best part was the previews.
jim sick sick
Posted By: Frank the Tank

Re: The joker review - 10/09/19 04:12 PM

Sounds like a turd

Re: The joker review - 10/12/19 03:07 AM

just came in
too much smoking
too long
too vague
but OK

Re: The joker review - 10/12/19 03:13 AM

also
he is a good dancer
&
there is
semi - protest
about social issues
Posted By: RedRanger

Re: The joker review - 10/12/19 07:49 AM

Originally Posted by butch sanders
just came in
too much smoking
too long
too vague
but OK

Did you catch the parts of the movie where it was just his imagination and not reality, like when the guy gave him the gun, and also his imaginary girlfriend.

I enjoyed the movie

Re: The joker review - 10/12/19 03:00 PM

Originally Posted by RedRanger
just came in
too much smoking
too long
too vague
but OK

Did you catch the parts of the movie where it was just his imagination and not reality, like when the guy gave him the gun, and also his imaginary girlfriend.

I enjoyed the movie

I got most of the imagination stuff. What makes you lean towards the guy giving him the gun as imaginary?
But now that you mention it, anything good that happened, was his imagination.
Incredible acting job.
I like it better, after letting it sink in.

Re: The joker review - 10/12/19 03:03 PM

the smoking made me nervous
& how did he pay for all those smokes

my wife said to chill
its a movie
Posted By: RedRanger

Re: The joker review - 10/12/19 05:33 PM

Originally Posted by RedRanger
just came in
too much smoking
too long
too vague
but OK

I enjoyed the movie

I got most of the imagination stuff. What makes you lean towards the guy giving him the gun as imaginary?
But now that you mention it, anything good that happened, was his imagination.
Incredible acting job.
I like it better, after letting it sink in.

Early in the movie it showed his buddy giving him the gun in a sack for protection, later in the movie someone saw him buying the gun.

Re: The joker review - 10/12/19 06:55 PM

i am going to watch again
i missed that
Posted By: Bentman63

Re: The joker review - 02/07/20 08:35 PM

I liked it.. especially the part on the talk show and the subway
Dang, he had to bathe his naked old mom,.no wonder he was nuts
Posted By: John175☮

Re: The joker review - 02/07/20 08:38 PM

Man you didn't give a spoiler alert. Derek! Help 'em out Pops!

Re: The joker review - 02/07/20 08:43 PM

there is no spoiler
Posted By: RO519

Re: The joker review - 02/08/20 03:07 AM

Tough movie to watch, in my opinion. Very dark. Very troubling take on society, albeit a true, but small, portion of society. Joaquin Phoenix did an amazing job, but not a movie I will watch more than once.
Posted By: Snakeyes711

Re: The joker review - 02/08/20 04:04 AM

Heath Ledger best Joker ever.
Posted By: Chug-bug-bang1

Re: The joker review - 02/08/20 02:40 PM

Not worth the price of admission........nor a bucket of popcorn and DP

After seeing the the promo I lost interest quickly
Posted By: rj74955

Re: The joker review - 02/08/20 02:45 PM

He will win the Oscar, easily. And I don't think it's that much of a stretch from his real personality.
Posted By: Indianation65

Re: The joker review - 02/08/20 04:45 PM

"Joker" is set in 1982. I couldn't figure it out at first, but once he ran by a movie marquee and the movies playing were "Blowout" and "Love at First Bite," I realized this was a period piece.

* I think I have to two movies correct."

* The restroom scene and clock punch scene were both ad-libbed."

The movie does not feel like a comic/superhero/super villain movie at all.

The movie was dark, brooding and sad. There are no likable people in the entire movie except for "1" midget, and you worry about him.

Arthur is not really likable either, he's pathetic, but he's the star, and a good one!

The movie is truly about watching a man, (amusingly genesis from a made up comic book character) who is sad and depressed, but we watched his mental breakdown morph into a "people's champion."
Thugs and street hoodrats championed his efforts.

The restroom scene is where Arthur became "The Joker."
Arthur Fleck's shoes and the way he was instructed to "run" helped move scenes along nicely.
His smoking helped as well, and it's rare for lib Hollywood to have characters smoke these days.
Like wet roads, smoke looks good on film.

I give "Joker" 4 of 5 Clown Shoes.

Addendum: The real star of this movie was the "cello." Icelandic cellist Hildur Ingveldardóttir Guðnadóttir, a thirty-seven-year-old woman, provided the pasture for elegance. If not for her lavish/gothic cello music, Arthur/Joker's transformation would not have happened.
Addendum: Like the soundtrack to the premiere of "Twin Peaks" back in 1990, the music/score made the movie.

...------

Ms. Hildur G.

The "shoes" moved Arthur's soul...
[Linked Image]

Re: The joker review - 02/12/20 05:44 PM

I did not watch the Oscars, but I did see a couple short clips, including J Phoenix's acceptance speech.

...and with that speech, the "Joker" performance seemed all for not. I suddenly wanted my money back.

Addendum: Kidding, good movie, but silly place for his "agenda-speech" when he was there to win and deliver an "acting-speech."

...------
Posted By: Bentman63

Re: The joker review - 02/12/20 05:46 PM

Originally Posted by Indianation65
I did not watch the Oscars, but I did see a couple short clips, including J Phoenix's acceptance speech.

...and with that speech, the "Joker" performance seemed all for not. I suddenly wanted my money back.

Addendum: Kidding, good movie, but silly place for his "agenda-speech" when he was there to win and deliver an "acting-speech."

...------

Yeah, Hollyweird blows

Re: The joker review - 02/12/20 06:13 PM

I don't see them as weird, just pompous because they have microphones in front of them, and they think they now what's best for the country's people...

Just like many of us.

...------
© 2024 Texas Fishing Forum