Texas Fishing Forum

Fort Cobb boat-ramming incident

Posted By: FXfromTx

Fort Cobb boat-ramming incident - 09/24/19 06:30 PM

Charges have finally been filed against at least one of the young men involved in the crazy incident we all seen videos of. Glad justice will be served. Charges are:
- Felony assault with a deadly weapon
- Felony destruction of property above $10,000
- No life jackets
- No fire extinguisher
- No throwable device

https://www.oscn.net/dockets/GetCas...NESliIfpmQHP5lDI6Qyg0PK3rs8HENOZl77WVbY4
Posted By: Sawhorse

Re: Fort Cobb boat-ramming incident - 09/24/19 06:37 PM

Originally Posted by FXfromTx
Charges have finally been filed against at least one of the young men involved in the crazy incident we all seen videos of. Glad justice will be served. Charges are:
- Felony assault with a deadly weapon
- Felony destruction of property above $10,000
- No life jackets
- No fire extinguisher
- No throwable device

https://www.oscn.net/dockets/GetCas...NESliIfpmQHP5lDI6Qyg0PK3rs8HENOZl77WVbY4

Did they cite pressure from Bass Fishing section of TFF as reason for bringing charges?
Posted By: beartrap

Re: Fort Cobb boat-ramming incident - 09/24/19 06:43 PM

it was mentioned on another forum that damages to the kids nitro were enough for their insurance to total the boat.....
does anybody know if the marina owners were connected to the guys who rammed kids boat....seems really odd that two guys would damage those kids boat without a reason.....
lot of unanswered questions in this situation.....
Posted By: Duck_Hunter

Re: Fort Cobb boat-ramming incident - 09/24/19 07:11 PM

Originally Posted by beartrap
it was mentioned on another forum that damages to the kids nitro were enough for their insurance to total the boat.....
does anybody know if the marina owners were connected to the guys who rammed kids boat....seems really odd that two guys would damage those kids boat without a reason.....

I saw it mentioned in the bass section thread that they were connected to the marina owners, but I don’t know for sure and I forget how they supposedly are. I think it was a connection made on FaceBook and the marina shut that down pretty quick.
Posted By: Fishingking

Re: Fort Cobb boat-ramming incident - 09/24/19 07:38 PM

Don't mess with TFF
Posted By: FXfromTx

Re: Fort Cobb boat-ramming incident - 09/24/19 07:41 PM

Originally Posted by Duck_Hunter

I saw it mentioned in the bass section thread that they were connected to the marina owners, but I don’t know for sure and I forget how they supposedly are. I think it was a connection made on FaceBook and the marina shut that down pretty quick.

Supposedly the owner of the marina also owns the construction company who was working on the boatslip roof. The two individuals in the john boat were supposedly the grandson and nephew or something like that of the owner. How true all of that is I have no idea but that's the story that one of the collegiate angler's involved was telling in the beginning at least.
Posted By: TR176

Re: Fort Cobb boat-ramming incident - 09/24/19 08:27 PM

If the assault doesn’t get them,the violations of parks and wildlife life jacket rules surely will.
Posted By: bassfishinglawyer

Re: Fort Cobb boat-ramming incident - 09/24/19 08:33 PM

thumb
Posted By: leethefishking

Re: Fort Cobb boat-ramming incident - 09/24/19 09:12 PM

Originally Posted by TR176
If the assault doesn’t get them,the violations of parks and wildlife life jacket rules surely will.

Lifetime revocation of their John boat operating priveleges.
Posted By: Coach Hark

Re: Fort Cobb boat-ramming incident - 09/24/19 09:17 PM

I guess I missed all of this. Does anyone have the aforementioned video?
Posted By: Uncle Zeek

Re: Fort Cobb boat-ramming incident - 09/24/19 09:33 PM

Originally Posted by Fishingking
Don't mess with TFF

thumb
Posted By: sliding by

Re: Fort Cobb boat-ramming incident - 09/24/19 09:34 PM

https://www.wired2fish.com/news/charges-filed-in-boat-ramming-incident-at-ft-cobb-lake/
Posted By: Bigbob_FTW

Re: Fort Cobb boat-ramming incident - 09/24/19 09:35 PM

Drugs are bad.
Posted By: tech

Re: Fort Cobb boat-ramming incident - 09/24/19 09:55 PM

I'm not sure I could have held back, maybe two missing idiots...
Posted By: bloo_rainger

Re: Fort Cobb boat-ramming incident - 09/24/19 10:18 PM

I heard the two hillbillies in the john boat were Nancy Pelosi’s two grandsons and the kids in the Nitro were wearing MAGA caps.

Re: Fort Cobb boat-ramming incident - 09/24/19 10:58 PM

Dayum, those dudes are crazy.

Re: Fort Cobb boat-ramming incident - 09/24/19 10:58 PM

Originally Posted by tech

Yep, that’s one good reason I carry my pistol on the lake.
Posted By: spankyttx

Re: Fort Cobb boat-ramming incident - 09/24/19 11:41 PM

it is illegal to carry a firearm on a boat on a coe lake with or without a ltc. it's feds vs state and the castle doc does not apply on coe lakes in texas. fed and state are talking but the last time i talked to the rangers, they said the coe are fighting against the castle doc law and nothing has been resolved at this time
Posted By: Chris B

Re: Fort Cobb boat-ramming incident - 09/24/19 11:56 PM

Originally Posted by Coach Hark

So you think killing those two fat idiots would be worth spending time in jail?

Re: Fort Cobb boat-ramming incident - 09/25/19 04:59 AM

Originally Posted by Chris B
Originally Posted by Coach Hark

So you think killing those two fat idiots would be worth spending time in jail?

Naw but I would have been ready.
Posted By: RonH

Re: Fort Cobb boat-ramming incident - 09/25/19 11:45 AM

I'm heading to Fort Cobb in a little while and you can bet I'll stay away from the marina
Posted By: tmd11111

Re: Fort Cobb boat-ramming incident - 09/25/19 12:11 PM

Originally Posted by RonH
I'm heading to Fort Cobb in a little while and you can bet I'll stay away from the marina

It would be the first spot I fish
Posted By: hopalong

Re: Fort Cobb boat-ramming incident - 09/25/19 12:42 PM

Originally Posted by tmd11111
Originally Posted by RonH

It would be the first spot I fish

guaranteed those morons are not there any more, owner will be super lowpro if they are half smart. I'd be flippin every stall in the dock with a weightless fluke or senko. just cuz.
Posted By: tmd11111

Re: Fort Cobb boat-ramming incident - 11/22/19 01:17 AM

Suspect arrested

Looks like he'll be getting more then one day in court.
Posted By: BCBassCat

Re: Fort Cobb boat-ramming incident - 11/22/19 01:20 AM

Nice when justice prevails
Posted By: Rayzor

Re: Fort Cobb boat-ramming incident - 11/22/19 01:28 AM

What in the world provoked these two idiots to do this? Were words exchanged before the video started? Did the john boat guys think they owned the marina? I am very glad that the two people in the bass boat DIDN'T do something that they would regret later.
Posted By: JIM SR.

Re: Fort Cobb boat-ramming incident - 11/22/19 01:31 AM

If you run your boat into mine on purpose, in anger....I will put about 3 large revolver holes in yours.

slinger
Posted By: beartrap

Re: Fort Cobb boat-ramming incident - 11/22/19 01:26 PM

was it ever established that the marina owner had anything to do with these guys attacking the two young guys in their boat....seems really strange that two guys working on the roof of a marina would start this harassment...also whose boat were they using to ram the college kids boat....lot of unanswered questions that seem to point to the marina owners involvement...
Posted By: Duck_Hunter

Re: Fort Cobb boat-ramming incident - 11/22/19 02:39 PM

Originally Posted by Rayzor
What in the world provoked these two idiots to do this? Were words exchanged before the video started? Did the john boat guys think they owned the marina? I am very glad that the two people in the bass boat DIDN'T do something that they would regret later.

It appeared that they thought the marina owned the water and they could tell the kids in the Nitro that they weren’t allowed to fish near the docks.
Posted By: hopalong

Re: Fort Cobb boat-ramming incident - 11/22/19 02:46 PM

was it ever established that the marina owner had anything to do with these guys attacking the two young guys in their boat....seems really strange that two guys working on the roof of a marina would start this harassment...also whose boat were they using to ram the college kids boat....lot of unanswered questions that seem to point to the marina owners involvement...

yes, one is a grandson and the other a nephew I think, owner owned the const. co. doing the work (the 2 punks).

since he leases the right to operate from the state I have to wonder if the state actually owns the physical structures etc.
© 2024 Texas Fishing Forum