Texas Fishing Forum

Dentist bad news

Posted By: blooper961

Dentist bad news - 09/18/19 07:39 PM

Went to Dentist today and said I had a cavity below the gum line and possible bone loss.
Wants me to go to a Periodontist to separate my gums and deep clean to get to the cavity.
Go for checkup every 6 months and first time he noticed this so it is probably not advanced.
I have heard gum stretching and deep cleaning was very painful.
I hate pain. Any imput?
Posted By: Bigbob_FTW

Re: Dentist bad news - 09/18/19 07:41 PM

Originally Posted by blooper961
Went to Dentist today and said I had a cavity below the gum line and possible bone loss.
Wants me to go to a Periodontist to separate my gums and deep clean to get to the cavity.
Go for checkup every 6 months and first time he noticed this so it is probably not advanced.
I hate pain. Any imput?

get the nitrous oxide.
Posted By: BCBassCat

Re: Dentist bad news - 09/18/19 07:43 PM

Dentists suck
Posted By: Ghost4BH

Re: Dentist bad news - 09/18/19 07:45 PM

I had to do a deep cleaning once and it’s part of the reason I quit dipping. They actually gave me shots to numb my mouth as they did the cleaning. I can’t remember exactly how many shots I got, but it was more than just a few. Since my entire mouth was numb I didn’t really feel the cleaning, but the next day was horrible.
Posted By: Beer Money

Re: Dentist bad news - 09/18/19 07:50 PM

Sedation
Posted By: Bentman63

Re: Dentist bad news - 09/18/19 07:54 PM

Just hope you don't wake up early and catch the dentist zipping his pants up. banana

On a more serious note.. that sucks.

Every time I go get a cleaning they want to set me up for a fake tooth in the back. I tell them NO..whats the point?
Posted By: Stump jumper

Re: Dentist bad news - 09/18/19 08:03 PM

Originally Posted by Bentman63
Just hope you don't wake up early and catch the dentist zipping his pants up. banana

Every time I go get a cleaning they want to set me up for a fake tooth in the back. I tell them NO..whats the point?

$$$$$
Posted By: Hard Rain

Re: Dentist bad news - 09/18/19 08:03 PM

Originally Posted by Ghost4BH
I had to do a deep cleaning once and it’s part of the reason I quit dipping. They actually gave me shots to numb my mouth as they did the cleaning. I can’t remember exactly how many shots I got, but it was more than just a few. Since my entire mouth was numb I didn’t really feel the cleaning, but the next day was horrible.

Good that you quit dipping Jay now start flossing as well so you don't have to get the deep cleaning later
grin
Posted By: Bigbob_FTW

Re: Dentist bad news - 09/18/19 08:04 PM

Originally Posted by Stump jumper
Originally Posted by Bentman63

$$$$$

tell me. could have bought a new boat for what it cost to get my wifes teeth fixed.
Posted By: banker-always fishing

Re: Dentist bad news - 09/18/19 08:06 PM

whip whip whip
Posted By: TR176

Re: Dentist bad news - 09/18/19 08:37 PM

Drill Baby Drill
Posted By: blooper961

Re: Dentist bad news - 09/18/19 08:42 PM

This is funny. I posted the same on Facebook and all I got was ads for Dentists
Posted By: Derek 🐝

Re: Dentist bad news - 09/18/19 08:45 PM

Originally Posted by BCBassCat
Dentists suck

You sir are an Anti Dentite.
Posted By: Icepick

Re: Dentist bad news - 09/18/19 08:50 PM

Originally Posted by blooper961
I hate pain. Any imput?

If you're being honest and you get a cleaning every 6 months then no, it won't be painful.
I went to a periodontist for a few years and it was never any worse than a regular cleaning.
I went because my dentist was concerned about bone loss.
Turned out it wasn't that big of a deal.
I began taking better care of my teeth by using a water pick and electric toothbrush and everything has been fine since.
Posted By: Ghost4BH

Re: Dentist bad news - 09/18/19 09:12 PM

Originally Posted by Hard Rain
Originally Posted by Ghost4BH

Good that you quit dipping Jay now start flossing as well so you don't have to get the deep cleaning later
grin

My son was a toddler when I quit dipping and will be 15 on Friday. It’s been a good 12-13 years since I last dipped.
Posted By: Chris B

Re: Dentist bad news - 09/18/19 09:46 PM

I've had so much dental work I tell him not to even bother numbing me up for most work.
Posted By: JCG57

Re: Dentist bad news - 09/18/19 09:56 PM

I had scaling (deep cleaning) done about 5 years ago to get the plaque under my gums cleaned out. Was not pleasant, but not so bad. Worst part was the injections of pain killer in the gums. My gums felt fine after the pain killer wore off. Now the dentist wants to do it again - says it is not unusual to have to repeat the procedure after a few years to get at the deeper pockets.
Posted By: NORML as can be

Re: Dentist bad news - 09/18/19 10:29 PM

John Bobbitt had it done, He said he'd get be back with his wife Lorena or get them all pulled it hurt so bad.....
Posted By: Jeff Schiller

Re: Dentist bad news - 09/19/19 12:29 AM

Get a second opinion.
I have dentist I trust. When he was out on deployment, I saw his dentist business partner.
The other dentist told me i have 4 cavities that needed to get filled asap.
I waited for my regular dentist to get back. He checked and said that I don't have any.

Never trust a man that puts his hands in your mouth.

Get a second opinion.

And the nitrous.
Posted By: GIG'EM AGGIES

Re: Dentist bad news - 09/19/19 12:45 AM

Originally Posted by Jeff Schiller
Get a second opinion.
I have dentist I trust. When he was out on deployment, I saw his dentist business partner.
The other dentist told me i have 4 cavities that needed to get filled asap.
I waited for my regular dentist to get back. He checked and said that I don't have any.

Never trust a man that puts his hands in your mouth.

Get a second opinion.

And the nitrous.

Good advice right there, had the same thing happen to me. Second opinions are needed on just about anything that cost money or concerns health.
Posted By: ReelBusy

Re: Dentist bad news - 09/19/19 01:09 AM

There's gold in them teeth
Posted By: 9094

Re: Dentist bad news - 09/19/19 01:17 AM

It is the pain after that hurts.
Get some good pain meds.
Posted By: K.D.

Re: Dentist bad news - 09/19/19 01:31 AM

I gave up and told them to yank them out. Deep cleaning was nothing compared to a mouth of extractions all at once. He kept finding spots that weren’t numb and would give me more shots as we went. I get nauseous just thinking about it.

Take care of them if you can
Posted By: DCmac

Re: Dentist bad news - 09/19/19 06:15 PM

Hope your problem works out better than DW's. Couldn't take the pain any more, went in after months of it to hear she's got an abscess that took out that tooth and the jaw bone under its neighbors. Had to have jaw scraped out clean and a cadaver implant put in to rebuild the bone...18 months. Then she had to have the mostly-
new jaw bone drilled and implants installed...another 18 months for the implants to get grown in. Then temporary caps (is that the right word?) put on the studs while the "real" replacement teeth were being made. Overall almost four years and a few thousand $ because she was scared to have a little tooth ache taken care of 5-6 years earlier.
Posted By: OldCrow

Re: Dentist bad news - 09/19/19 09:32 PM

Originally Posted by Derek 🐝
Originally Posted by BCBassCat
Dentists suck

You sir are an Anti Dentite.

Nice Seinfeld reference
© 2024 Texas Fishing Forum