Texas Fishing Forum

Tritonman

Posted By: Trebor Neil

Tritonman - 09/18/19 03:47 AM

Just wondered,,,
Has your walk in traffic increased following the "Best of" voting ?
Posted By: BlueNitro

Re: Tritonman - 09/18/19 01:43 PM

I went to 407 BBQ last Thursday and it was packed as always. Best Q in N. Texas!!!
Posted By: Tritonman

Re: Tritonman - 09/18/19 01:53 PM

Just saw this post. Yes it appears to have, but it's kinda hard to tell. We've never peaked out yet in 3yrs. I just know we're slammed at lunch & dinner, and very busy all day.

Fridays & Saturdays are chaos. Have a 12 burner stove being delivered this morning, as we ran out of cook room on our 6 burner. We started doing french fries (something I never wanted to do), so our menu continues to grow.
Our plaque will arrive either today or tomorrow, and they made us a custom window decal which should arrive in about a week.
Posted By: Nickbyrd

Re: Tritonman - 09/18/19 02:49 PM

Cooking for an army of people doesn’t sound fun best of luck tman keep up the good work
Posted By: Bruce's

Re: Tritonman - 09/18/19 02:51 PM

food
Posted By: Bigbob_FTW

Re: Tritonman - 09/18/19 03:05 PM

Originally Posted by Tritonman
Just saw this post. Yes it appears to have, but it's kinda hard to tell. We've never peaked out yet in 3yrs. I just know we're slammed at lunch & dinner, and very busy all day.

Fridays & Saturdays are chaos. Have a 12 burner stove being delivered this morning, as we ran out of cook room on our 6 burner. We started doing french fries (something I never wanted to do), so our menu continues to grow.
Our plaque will arrive either today or tomorrow, and they made us a custom window decal which should arrive in about a week.

fries are a money maker. specially if you top them with brisket and cheese.
Posted By: avid_basser

Re: Tritonman - 09/18/19 03:07 PM

Originally Posted by Bigbob_FTW

Exactly!!!

Re: Tritonman - 09/18/19 03:14 PM

New stove in and already getting used.
[Linked Image]

Re: Tritonman - 09/18/19 03:16 PM

That part is coming soon. I don't want a cheap queso, so we're working on a few recipes. Weather is about to cool off, so brisket chili will be added again soon. Chili cheese fries might sell?

Re: Tritonman - 09/18/19 03:24 PM

That part is coming soon. I don't want a cheap queso, so we're working on a few recipes. Weather is about to cool off, so brisket chili will be added again soon. Chili cheese fries might sell?

damn straight it would. Eskimo Joe's had built a business around it. Have a buddy from HS franchising the new Coney Islands in Texas. they added fries to the menu (never had them in tulsa). he said why not, we already have chili and cheese.
Posted By: Fishin' Nut

Re: Tritonman - 09/18/19 04:34 PM

We started doing french fries (something I never wanted to do)

Let me know when you want me to fill that first order for Alabama White BBQ sauce. grin

Re: Tritonman - 09/18/19 04:35 PM

Originally Posted by Fishin' Nut
We started doing french fries (something I never wanted to do)

Let me know when you want me to fill that first order for Alabama White BBQ sauce. grin

[Linked Image]
Posted By: Trickster

Re: Tritonman - 09/18/19 04:37 PM

Not a fan of cheese fries.
Posted By: Bass&More

Re: Tritonman - 09/18/19 04:42 PM

[Linked Image] food peep

Re: Tritonman - 09/18/19 04:46 PM

[Linked Image]
Posted By: BlueNitro

Re: Tritonman - 09/18/19 04:47 PM

I also noticed that you got the 407 BBQ sign on the off ramp Gas/Food marker sign.

It looks good.
Posted By: UGLYSHCTICK

Re: Tritonman - 09/18/19 04:50 PM

has the dream turned into a nightmare yet ?
Posted By: Derek 🐝

Re: Tritonman - 09/18/19 04:56 PM

Do you use pinto or kidney beans in the chili?

Re: Tritonman - 09/18/19 04:58 PM

Originally Posted by Derek 🐝

Do you use pinto or kidney beans in the chili?

or both?
Posted By: rj74955

Re: Tritonman - 09/18/19 05:07 PM

Hey BigBob, off topic but have you ever ate at El Tap in Stillwater? There's 2 of them, used to be so good.

Re: Tritonman - 09/18/19 05:09 PM

Originally Posted by rj74955
Hey BigBob, off topic but have you ever ate at El Tap in Stillwater? There's 2 of them, used to be so good.

after my time. I never ate "good" mexican in Ok when I lived there.
Posted By: Po Boy

Re: Tritonman - 09/18/19 05:43 PM

Originally Posted by rj74955

after my time. I never ate "good" mexican in Ok when I lived there.
Posted By: Po Boy

Re: Tritonman - 09/18/19 05:47 PM

I would bet you never ate good bbq up there either. I have never found good bbq in Ok

Re: Tritonman - 09/18/19 05:48 PM

Originally Posted by Po Boy
I would bet you never ate good bbq up there either. I have never found good bbq in Ok

it's thin but getting better. Burn Co. in jenks is legit as is elmers in tulsa.
Posted By: hopalong

Re: Tritonman - 09/19/19 02:02 AM

Big earls in edmond, downtown Okiecity both had good restaurant tye Q, the one on west reno had lousy service. 10th and 35 on the sw corner was a white house converted to BBQ joint, best I ever ate in the state. He is probably still there, forgot the name.
Posted By: Frank the Tank

Re: Tritonman - 09/19/19 02:27 AM

Can we please get this back to 407?
Posted By: UGLYSHCTICK

Re: Tritonman - 09/19/19 02:42 AM

407 the second best thing you ever put in your mouth.

Man, I'm a commercial genius.
Posted By: CrazyCrappieGuy

Re: Tritonman - 09/19/19 02:42 AM

Originally Posted by Frank the Tank
Can we please get this back to 407?

No, OP asked a question and it was answered. So at this point we can talk about what we want. How bout them cowboys!!!
Posted By: DanDaBald

Re: Tritonman - 09/19/19 03:14 AM

Today's late lunch at the 407 was - as usual - E X C E L L E N T ! ! ! !

M E A T ! ! ![Linked Image]
Posted By: Trebor Neil

Re: Tritonman - 09/19/19 03:57 AM

Damnd!!!!!!
Seems like the better 407 gets, the older and farther away I get......
Posted By: MrRoachie

Re: Tritonman - 09/19/19 04:20 AM

Your queso should be cheddar and grated in house like taco casa does.
Posted By: Cast

Re: Tritonman - 09/19/19 01:21 PM

Are you going to use fresh cut potatoes for French fries?

Re: Tritonman - 09/19/19 03:26 PM

Originally Posted by Cast

No, I wanted to do only that but the prep and time it takes just isn't in the cards, so we held off on fries until we found one as close to handcut as you can get. It's a 3/8 cut and skin on, and almost like it was fresh cut.

Re: Tritonman - 09/19/19 03:29 PM

Originally Posted by DanDaBald
Today's late lunch at the 407 was - as usual - E X C E L L E N T ! ! ! !

M E A T ! ! ![Linked Image]

Sorry I didn't have much talk time yesterday Dan, it was our normal chaos. That young lady I was meeting with when you left is with Farmers Bros and she was there fr a photo shoot. They want us in their 2020 calendar, however when I came back out in my banana hammock speedo, I didn't realize they wanted photos of the restaurant. Awkward
Posted By: flee fly

Re: Tritonman - 09/19/19 03:40 PM

Picked up dinner the other day, seen the parking lot is being updated with fancy parking lot lights. Looks great tman

Re: Tritonman - 09/19/19 03:45 PM

No, I wanted to do only that but the prep and time it takes just isn't in the cards, so we held off on fries until we found one as close to handcut as you can get. It's a 3/8 cut and skin on, and almost like it was fresh cut.

nothing wrong with frozen fries. people love them.
Posted By: DanDaBald

Re: Tritonman - 09/19/19 04:24 PM

Originally Posted by flee fly
Picked up dinner the other day, seen the parking lot is being updated with fancy parking lot lights. Looks great tman

I thought T-man was preparing for a flood by putting out crappie condos in the parking lot.

No worries T-man - It was a fight driving back to McKinney, I got home and took a 1.5hr nap. (full belly)
Posted By: Der Vorsteher

Re: Tritonman - 09/19/19 04:27 PM

nothing wrong with frozen fries. people love them.

I hate them
Posted By: Beer Money

Re: Tritonman - 09/19/19 04:40 PM

I like crinkle cut, tater tots or onion rings.
You should do onion rings instead of fries.

Re: Tritonman - 09/19/19 04:45 PM

Originally Posted by Beer Money
I like crinkle cut, tater tots or onion rings.
You should do onion rings instead of fries.

that's why I like braums. crinkle cut rules.
Posted By: JackMason

Re: Tritonman - 09/19/19 06:29 PM

What do you do with the need for a 12 burner? Be careful about growing menu too big. Growing it out can adversely affect overall quality. Congratulations on your success so far!!!
Posted By: Sawhorse

Re: Tritonman - 09/19/19 06:36 PM

Originally Posted by jackmason

What do you do with the need for a 12 burner? Be careful about growing menu too big. Growing it out can adversely affect overall quality. Congratulations on your success so far!!!

You gotta watch the potato. If left unchecked they will take over and then turn on you. Ask the Irish.

Re: Tritonman - 09/19/19 08:31 PM

Originally Posted by jackmason

The volume of sides we need. We make sides fresh each day, and our output volume has doubled. We use a tilt skillet every morning for 80lb mac&cheese a day, and on Friday & Saturday's we make a double batch. Our sides we make each day are Green Chile Cream Corn, Green Beans (we make the stock first then add the beans), Pinto Beans. Baked Beans don't hit the range, but do go in a convection over (we have 3 of them).
We will soon start having brisket chili as well. We do have a large menu, but we have grown it slowly and managed to control waste by re-purposing the same stuff we use elsewhere.
© 2024 Texas Fishing Forum