Texas Fishing Forum

New truck

Posted By: Bigbob_FTW

New truck - 09/12/19 02:32 PM

If your buying a new truck, what vehicle do you choose?
Posted By: Frank the Tank

Re: New truck - 09/12/19 02:38 PM

This will be dominated by Ford and the senior citizens that drive them
Posted By: MBradford

Re: New truck - 09/12/19 02:39 PM

The billy goat boys will be along shortly to remind you that "It's a Ram, not a Dodge."
Posted By: Ghost4BH

Re: New truck - 09/12/19 02:39 PM

Yota or Chevy because I don’t like to waste my money on things that suck.
Posted By: Nekro

Re: New truck - 09/12/19 02:42 PM

Chevy my first pick then a Toyota. Had a 1991 chevy c1500 with over 215k and never had an issue, just upgraded last year to a 2018 Silverado and loving it.
Posted By: elcoyote, esq.

Re: New truck - 09/12/19 02:42 PM

I drive way too many miles to buy new, so I buy a low mileage (under 30k), 2 year old truck when I buy. But in the spirit of the question, Toyota, whether showroom new or slightly used.
Posted By: Derek 🐝

Re: New truck - 09/12/19 02:47 PM

Originally Posted by JayC41
Yota or Chevy because I don’t like to waste my money on things that suck.

https://texasfishingforum.com/forum...1/gm-recalling-3-4-million-trucks#UNREAD
Posted By: avid_basser

Re: New truck - 09/12/19 02:48 PM

Ford then Ram
Posted By: Floon Swenson

Re: New truck - 09/12/19 02:50 PM

I feel like the Honda Ridgeline is going to stage a comeback under the "other" category.
Posted By: BCBassCat

Re: New truck - 09/12/19 02:51 PM

Ford FTW
Posted By: Nickbyrd

Re: New truck - 09/12/19 03:03 PM

Originally Posted by BCBassCat
Ford FTW
queer ....
roflmao
Posted By: elcoyote, esq.

Re: New truck - 09/12/19 03:05 PM

Originally Posted by Floon Swenson
I feel like the Honda Ridgeline is going to stage a comeback under the "other" category.

Only if frank and john175 are allowed to vote infinity times.
Posted By: DI

Re: New truck - 09/12/19 03:09 PM

Always owned Chevy or GMC, really thinking Ford for the next rig.
Posted By: GeoFisher

Re: New truck - 09/12/19 03:11 PM

Yota, and then another after 10 years and 300K
Posted By: steveiam

Re: New truck - 09/12/19 03:20 PM

The wife and I have both been Toyota customers for many years-
We bought a 2016 Tahoe and won’t go away from Toyota again, they are just built better-
For what that Tahoe cost we should not have to deal with the little problems we have had with that thing, it’s almost paid for and if we have to put it in the shop for anything else it’s going to a be a trade in to a Toyota dealership soon after-
Posted By: UGLYSHCTICK

Re: New truck - 09/12/19 03:26 PM

last two were GMC then Ford. Both had issues after 50,000 miles. I aint married to any brand. I just want a good deal, and something that does the job.
Posted By: John175☮

Re: New truck - 09/12/19 03:29 PM

Toyota, just like baby Jesus drove. Remember the Alamo.

Chevy and Ram are hencho en mexico and spit on those brave alamoans and ford is....ford.

Re: New truck - 09/12/19 03:49 PM

Anyone remember this commercial?

Why was the "Ford Truck Man" hitchhiking? roflmao
Posted By: gander

Re: New truck - 09/12/19 03:58 PM

Originally Posted by steveiam
The wife and I have both been Toyota customers for many years-
We bought a 2016 Tahoe and won’t go away from Toyota again, they are just built better-
For what that Tahoe cost we should not have to deal with the little problems we have had with that thing, it’s almost paid for and if we have to put it in the shop for anything else it’s going to a be a trade in to a Toyota dealership soon after-
I have had the same experiences with the big 3 and not just one or two...I drive Toyota trucks because I don't get nickled and dimed over stupid failing [censored]
Posted By: ko bass attack 27

Re: New truck - 09/12/19 04:00 PM

Originally Posted by John175☮

Chevy and Ram are hencho en mexico and spit on those brave alamoans and ford is....ford.

Toyota, brought to you by the people that bombed Pearl Harbor.
Posted By: patriot07

Re: New truck - 09/12/19 04:13 PM

I've driven them all. Worst 2 I had were the 1997 F-150 and a 2002 Dodge. Ram trucks are a major upgrade from their Dodge predecessors in quality and performance, and they're a better value in my opinion than anything else on the market right now. I suspect if I bought a modern Ford, I'd feel the same way about it as I do the modern Ram trucks, but they're more expensive than Ram and I don't see any value it provides above and beyond the Ram.

Chevy and Toyota fall into the same boat of being great in the 2000s and early 2010s but failing to evolve with the times in terms of providing trucks that get good gas mileage and good towing performance, at a reasonable price. Chevy had the 6.2L that could tow a ton and got mid-20s mpg, but you could only get it in the high country for awhile, which was criminal. Toyota just thinks that if you are buying a truck, you don't care about gas mileage. And for the folks who feel that way, they're a good option. But lots of us use a truck as a truck sometimes and a commuter vehicle other times and would like it to function well for both, and Toyota just doesn't fit that mold.
Posted By: Derek 🐝

Re: New truck - 09/12/19 04:16 PM

Originally Posted by ko bass attack 27

I will never buy anything German made.

Re: New truck - 09/12/19 04:19 PM

Originally Posted by Derek 🐝

I will never buy anything German made.

Or made in a country that bombed the alamo.
Posted By: Arkansas10 bass

Re: New truck - 09/12/19 04:35 PM

I've changed to GMC trucks.
Still have a Tundra that I may keep forever.

Re: New truck - 09/12/19 04:41 PM

Originally Posted by Arkansas10 bass

Like a bad STD, Yota's are hard to get rid of.

Re: New truck - 09/12/19 04:44 PM

Originally Posted by GeoFisher

that's what they look like too
Posted By: crapyetr

Re: New truck - 09/12/19 04:45 PM

voted for chevy, but bought a gmc...same thing only different...like the gmc looks alot better and the dealer was MUCH better...i'm goin' on 70, so gonna trade every 2 yrs just for the hellofit...can't take the $$$ or the pickup with me...they don't ride well on streets of GOLD
Posted By: Samsonsworld

Re: New truck - 09/12/19 04:59 PM

Ford must be doing something right, I own 3 of their trucks. I don't have anything against Toyota or GM, but you couldn't give me a Ram at this point. All Chrysler makes is $#&@.

Re: New truck - 09/12/19 05:00 PM

Originally Posted by Bigbob_FTW

Looks and appearance are the widest variables among consumers in vehicle choice if you know anything about selling them. One man's Prom date is another's live in Mother In Law. It all balances out in the end.
Posted By: TCK73

Re: New truck - 09/12/19 05:04 PM

I buy what works, this far it has been mostly Ford. When my wife was young we bought her a Trans Am, and it was just OK. The Mustang she followed it up with was much better. We have had good luck with our Expeditions and F 350’s, so I have no need to change.
Posted By: UGLYSHCTICK

Re: New truck - 09/12/19 05:10 PM

Looks and appearance are the widest variables among consumers in vehicle choice if you know anything about selling them. One man's Prom date is another's live in Mother In Law. It all balances out in the end.

that would make the Jeep Gladiator the fat chick you take home from the bar @ 2am
Posted By: Duck_Hunter

Re: New truck - 09/12/19 05:26 PM

And are now one of our closest allies and employ thousands of Americans and Texans.

Re: New truck - 09/12/19 05:27 PM

who are the two ridgeline owners?
Posted By: mstring

Re: New truck - 09/12/19 05:31 PM

Originally Posted by MBradford
The billy goat boys will be along shortly to remind you that "It's a Ram, not a Dodge."

Technically, isn't it a Fiat?

Re: New truck - 09/12/19 05:36 PM

Originally Posted by mstring

[Linked Image]
Posted By: Stump jumper

Re: New truck - 09/12/19 05:40 PM

Originally Posted by patriot07
I've driven them all. Worst 2 I had were the 1997 F-150 and a 2002 Dodge. Ram trucks are a major upgrade from their Dodge predecessors in quality and performance, and they're a better value in my opinion than anything else on the market right now. I suspect if I bought a modern Ford, I'd feel the same way about it as I do the modern Ram trucks, but they're more expensive than Ram and I don't see any value it provides above and beyond the Ram.

Chevy and Toyota fall into the same boat of being great in the 2000s and early 2010s but failing to evolve with the times in terms of providing trucks that get good gas mileage and good towing performance, at a reasonable price. Chevy had the 6.2L that could tow a ton and got mid-20s mpg, but you could only get it in the high country for awhile, which was criminal. Toyota just thinks that if you are buying a truck, you don't care about gas mileage. And for the folks who feel that way, they're a good option. But lots of us use a truck as a truck sometimes and a commuter vehicle other times and would like it to function well for both, and Toyota just doesn't fit that mold.

I would rather spend my money on gas than repairs.

Re: New truck - 09/12/19 06:32 PM

Originally Posted by mstring

Yep.

And they really don't like that, either.
Posted By: patriot07

Re: New truck - 09/12/19 09:30 PM

Originally Posted by Stump jumper
Originally Posted by patriot07

I would rather spend my money on gas than repairs.

I prefer to spend my money on neither
Posted By: Chris B

Re: New truck - 09/12/19 10:25 PM

Turned 400,000 miles on my Chevy today. Guess I'll keep driving it until Chevy makes a good looking truck again.
Posted By: tmd11111

Re: New truck - 09/12/19 10:36 PM

who are the two ridgeline owners?

Two too many
Posted By: gregpaul

Re: New truck - 09/12/19 10:46 PM

King Ranch

Re: New truck - 09/12/19 10:53 PM

Originally Posted by gregpaul
King Ranch

Casserole?

Re: New truck - 09/12/19 11:43 PM

Originally Posted by gregpaul
King Ranch

Casserole?

Chicken. Good stuff.
Posted By: machinist

Re: New truck - 09/13/19 02:40 AM

Since 2000 90% of all Fords made are still on the road!! The other 10% actually made it home.
Posted By: Jarrett Latta

Re: New truck - 09/13/19 02:48 AM

I got a ram ecodiesel in 2017. It'll definitely be the next truck I buy. Hard to beat 28+ mpg in a 4x4.
© 2024 Texas Fishing Forum