Texas Fishing Forum

Kellen Moore

Posted By: junbengreat

Kellen Moore - 09/09/19 12:17 PM

What did y’all think of the play calling from our rookie OC in game 1?
Posted By: Bass&More

Re: Kellen Moore - 09/09/19 12:21 PM

[Linked Image] [Linked Image]
popcorn peep
Posted By: tricky

Re: Kellen Moore - 09/09/19 12:23 PM

Could not of gotten off to a better start.
Posted By: patriot07

Re: Kellen Moore - 09/09/19 12:25 PM

I thought the playcalling was excellent. Dak had some errant throws, but they didn't cost the team at all. Receiving corps looked awesome. I really liked how they integrated Cobb, and Gallup is clearly a threat at any point on the field. Stretching the defense vertically will open up the underneath for Cobb and the run game for Zeke.

I think the cowboys had become too reliant on the running game last year. The NFL doesn't work that way any more. You get ahead with the pass game and stay ahead with the run game. That being said, Moore didn't run much til the 4th quarter yesterday and it worked out fine. We'll see how things look next week.
Posted By: Happykamper

Re: Kellen Moore - 09/09/19 12:25 PM

I thought he did great, he let Dak throw it all over the place instead of having Zeke try and run all the time against 7- 8 man fronts, I think Dak is about to get that contract he has been wanting.
Posted By: BCBassCat

Re: Kellen Moore - 09/09/19 12:28 PM

It's like having a new QB or RB, the opposition doesn't have anything to study. We'll see how they look come week 12-17. They looked really good though.
Posted By: Ghost4BH

Re: Kellen Moore - 09/09/19 12:35 PM

Dak made him look like a genius and his offensive scheme fits Dak’s strengths.
Posted By: Frank the Tank

Re: Kellen Moore - 09/09/19 12:37 PM

Originally Posted by BCBassCat
It's like having a new QB or RB, the opposition doesn't have anything to study. We'll see how they look come week 12-17. They looked really good though.

Clearly they looked very good. But it’s 1 game against a bottom 3 team.
Posted By: Der Vorsteher

Re: Kellen Moore - 09/09/19 12:37 PM

1 game
Posted By: Don Collum

Re: Kellen Moore - 09/09/19 12:50 PM

Well done, fearless and Dak seems to like it as he appeared more comfortable than ever.
Posted By: Mark Perry

Re: Kellen Moore - 09/09/19 01:07 PM

I liked the pace and aggressiveness of it more than anything. Nice to see a play actually develop past the line of gain when you need a 1st down instead of well behind it. Seemed he has a bigger bag of tricks than Linehan in regards to formations etc.

Re: Kellen Moore - 09/09/19 01:23 PM

Originally Posted by Der Vorsteher
1 game

Nope........ super bowl
Posted By: Jimbo

Re: Kellen Moore - 09/09/19 01:47 PM

Cowboys ran their same plays but with a different look and the play calling was spot on to what the Giants were doing on defense.
The Giants studied the film from last season and what they saw was different from what they studied on film.
The other teams will adjust, but for now it needs to be pedal to the metal until they figure the Cowboys out!
Barkley made too many easy yards, and that should be a concern!
Posted By: lconn4

Re: Kellen Moore - 09/09/19 02:02 PM

I liked how fast they got the plays off and all the movement. Dak just seemed so much more in control of the offense. You could see the confusion it was causing Giant's defense.

Re: Kellen Moore - 09/09/19 02:14 PM

[quote=lconn4]I liked how fast they got the plays off and all the movement. Dak just seemed so much more in control of the offense. You could see the confusion it was causing Giant's defense.[/quot
thumb
Posted By: Frenzy

Re: Kellen Moore - 09/09/19 02:21 PM

I've always like Kellen Moore.....mainly because I'm a Boise native and what he did at the Broncos.
Posted By: BassFever

Re: Kellen Moore - 09/09/19 03:36 PM

I liked the TD's and NOT FGs. Like most have posted it's only 1 game. And against a pretty horrible team.
Posted By: Snakeyes711

Re: Kellen Moore - 09/09/19 03:39 PM

I gotta admit he does kinda look like a pizza boy.
Posted By: Trickster

Re: Kellen Moore - 09/09/19 03:42 PM

Originally Posted by Snakeyes711

He delivered yesterday.

Re: Kellen Moore - 09/09/19 03:43 PM

Originally Posted by BassFever
I liked the TD's and NOT FGs. Like most have posted it's only 1 game. And against a pretty horrible team.

Agreed. Very young secondary. No pass rush, Washington will be tougher.
Posted By: RayBob

Re: Kellen Moore - 09/09/19 03:48 PM

Great smile

[Linked Image]

[Linked Image]

Re: Kellen Moore - 09/09/19 03:49 PM

Originally Posted by tricky

Not by much. both are bottom 5 NFL teams. NFC East is weak weak weak. And i don;t see how Philly is that great either. Looked horrible until finally pulling away from suck-fest Washington. Cows win East easily.

Re: Kellen Moore - 09/09/19 03:49 PM

Originally Posted by RayBob

Great smile

[Linked Image]

[Linked Image]

roflmao

Re: Kellen Moore - 09/09/19 03:50 PM

Originally Posted by Frenzy
I've always like Kellen Moore.....mainly because I'm a Boise native and what he did at the Broncos.

[Linked Image]

Re: Kellen Moore - 09/09/19 03:53 PM

Originally Posted by Frank the Tank

Not by much. both are bottom 5 NFL teams. NFC East is weak weak weak. And i don;t see how Philly is that great either. Looked horrible until finally pulling away from suck-fest Washington. Cows win East easily.

Seem to hear how weak the NFC East is every year...Maybe Philly doesn't suck? Maybe Washington is pretty good?
Posted By: Happykamper

Re: Kellen Moore - 09/09/19 03:54 PM

If the NFC East is weak weak weak then what do you consider the AFC East ? Weak weak weak weak weak ? Just curious, also when the skins and the Cowboys play records usually do not matter, crazy things happen.

Re: Kellen Moore - 09/09/19 03:58 PM

Actually despite my light hearted posts above thing KM is a huge upgrade to Linehan.

Even last year I was reading quotes from multiple knowledgeable NFL minds about how KM had a very good aptitude for offensive football design. Yesterday's passing game was near perfect. I think the run game was lagging but that's explainable.
Posted By: Snakeyes711

Re: Kellen Moore - 09/09/19 03:58 PM

Originally Posted by Trickster

He delivered yesterday.

Delivered indeed! He deserves a big tip!

Re: Kellen Moore - 09/09/19 04:12 PM

Originally Posted by Happykamper

If the NFC East is weak weak weak then what do you consider the AFC East ? Weak weak weak weak weak ? Just curious, also when the skins and the Cowboys play records usually do not matter, crazy things happen.

It's weak too, and Miami will probably prove to be the worst team in the NFL with Buffalo prolly top 5 too. But we were talking about the NFC East. I do see your point on Dal v/ Wash, sometimes you can throw the record out, but I don't think this year is one of them. I see Dallas sweeping NY and Wash and maybe splitting with Phil. Done deal. Weak NFC East is locked up, and yes before you say it and bring up the AFC East because you have to deflect for Jerruh, the GOATS have already locked up the AFC East.
Posted By: Sawhorse

Re: Kellen Moore - 09/09/19 04:13 PM

Originally Posted by Trickster

He delivered yesterday.

He deserves a big tip!

eeks
Posted By: TR176

Re: Kellen Moore - 09/09/19 04:27 PM

I like his paint.
Posted By: lconn4

Re: Kellen Moore - 09/09/19 04:32 PM

Seem to hear how weak the NFC East is every year...Maybe Philly doesn't suck? Maybe Washington is pretty good?

+1 ... yep, hear that same $hiot every year.

Re: Kellen Moore - 09/09/19 04:33 PM

Originally Posted by lconn4
[quote=BassFever]I liked the TD's and NOT FGs. Like most have posted it's only 1 game. And against a pretty horrible team.

+1 ... yep, hear that same $hiot every year.

your biased opinion doesn't count

Re: Kellen Moore - 09/09/19 04:49 PM

Originally Posted by Happykamper

There's always somebody that likes to krap in the pudding. read the above and take these observations (the NFCE is weak) with a grain of salt. They are emotional sputterings like a 12 year old makes.

I have read dozens of NFL projections and power rankings. Philthy is picked in the top 7(NFL) in at least 75-90%%. Dallas is projected in the top 10 in way over 50%. The NFC has some tough competition for the NFCE to progress to the Big Dance. NO and LA should both be formidable in the NFC with the Vikes, Atlanta, GB as contenders also. I'll add Seattle to this too because of the respect I have for Pete Carroll and Russell Wilson .

Despite being steamrolled by the Rams last year Dallas was one of 8 teams in the NFL left in contention for the SB at that point and based on that playoff bracket and with team improvements one could easily argue the NFCE as the strongest division in the strongest conference in The League. There is an argument to be made concerning the AFCW too with the Bolts and Chiefs. Mahomes is a generational talent I believe.

Re: Kellen Moore - 09/09/19 04:51 PM

There will soon be more dancing bananas and rolling smiley faces. Thanks RB....

Re: Kellen Moore - 09/09/19 04:54 PM

I love comedic posts roflmao

Re: Kellen Moore - 09/09/19 04:54 PM

Boy you got that right!! Satire at its finest by RayBob

There will soon be more dancing bananas and rolling smiley faces. Thanks RB....

Re: Kellen Moore - 09/09/19 04:59 PM

I don't know all the details, but heard a blip on The Ticket about the odds makers or whoever, running the teams through some software that duplicates the season like 20k different ways and they all came back with the Cowboys being 7-9 this season.
Posted By: Leonardo1

Re: Kellen Moore - 09/09/19 05:04 PM

I liked it. Can't remember being this excited about the Cowboys in a very long time. They did exactly what they should have to a terrible Giants team. Beat them down and put the game away early. In years past that hasn't happened in Big D but it is what really good teams do. KM's play calling was really good, timely, and wasn't predictable. I have to say its been a long time since they have had that kind of talent all the way around. The offense has the potential to be lethal. Not worried about the Defense at this point at all. Typically defense lags and it showed up yesterday in multiple games. What is going to help is this offense being able to sustain drives and allow the defense to recoup/gather themselves. Many times in the past the stagnant offense would have them immediately back on the field. Yesterday they rushed 4 most of the game, played soft in the secondary but its what the game called for after the first qtr. Barkley will get his yards and is an exceptional RB. That part doesn't worry me too much unless it becomes a problem week after week.

Re: Kellen Moore - 09/09/19 05:07 PM

I don't know all the details, but heard a blip on The Ticket about the odds makers or whoever, running the teams through some software that duplicates the season like 20k different ways and they all came back with the Cowboys being 7-9 this season.

20,000 computer sims came back with the Cowboys at 7-9?

OK

Re: Kellen Moore - 09/09/19 05:30 PM

Originally Posted by RayBob

20,000 computer sims came back with the Cowboys at 7-9?

OK

Sorry I got backwards

https://www.dallasnews.com/sports/c...finish-with-worse-record-than-last-year/
Posted By: txmasterpo

Re: Kellen Moore - 09/09/19 06:07 PM

Excellent analysis from a pro

https://www.google.com/amp/s/cowboy...eakdown-2019-week-1-new-york-giants/amp/
Posted By: SteezMacQueen

Re: Kellen Moore - 09/09/19 06:26 PM

PThe fact that Dak set a new personal record for 1st down passing yards per game, BEFORE THE SECOND QUARTER WAS UP, says a lot about what Moore is doing as a play caller. No more simply running the Cheerios Elliot on 1st down and second down, then 3rd and long passes.

Also, the game was similar to last years cowboys, if you kick field goals instead of pass for TDs. 35 points sounds WAY BETTER than 15. The red zone was much improved over last year. So far, that is.

Last years cowboys would have been in the red zone the same number of times, but would have lost the game 17-15. And called it a “close loss”. Clapper would have been clapping. Jerry would be adding onto The Star. Same
Ol same ol

Re: Kellen Moore - 09/09/19 06:33 PM

Originally Posted by SteezMacQueen
PThe fact that Dak set a new personal record for 1st down passing yards per game, BEFORE THE SECOND QUARTER WAS UP, says a lot about what Moore is doing as a play caller. No more simply running the Cheerios Elliot on 1st down and second down, then 3rd and long passes.

Also, the game was similar to last years cowboys, if you kick field goals instead of pass for TDs. 35 points sounds WAY BETTER than 15. The red zone was much improved over last year. So far, that is.

Last years cowboys would have been in the red zone the same number of times, but would have lost the game 17-15. And called it a “close loss”. Clapper would have been clapping. Jerry would be adding onto The Star. Same
Ol same ol

Super bowl?

Re: Kellen Moore - 09/09/19 07:19 PM

Originally Posted by SteezMacQueen

Ol same ol

Nice analysis Steez
Posted By: 2014NITROZ-7

Re: Kellen Moore - 09/09/19 07:52 PM

I thought Moore was the greatest with the play calling,just look at how much more time the redheaded clapper had to well clap.
Posted By: 2014NITROZ-7

Re: Kellen Moore - 09/09/19 07:53 PM

I thought Moore was the greatest with the play calling,just look at how much more time the redheaded clapper had to, well clap.

Re: Kellen Moore - 09/09/19 07:55 PM

Thanks

Re: Kellen Moore - 09/09/19 07:55 PM

Thanks

Re: Kellen Moore - 09/09/19 07:56 PM

hiccuped?

Re: Kellen Moore - 09/09/19 07:56 PM

hiccuped?

Re: Kellen Moore - 09/09/19 08:12 PM

Moore may be the real deal. Offense scored almost at will against a team they traditionally struggle with. Last year Dallas won their 2 games by a 6 point and 1 point margin late in their games. Divisional game.

Of course, it's only one game but anyone with any football savvy can't say they didn't look more crisp and efficient offensively.

Re: Kellen Moore - 09/09/19 08:22 PM

Agree 100%, one of the best game 1’s in recent memory, yes? Cowboys clearly won all 3 phases.
Posted By: ko bass attack 27

Re: Kellen Moore - 09/09/19 09:19 PM

Agree it's just one game with a long season ahead but the Cowboys offense looked good under Keller Moore's direction. Hopefully Jerry will stay up in his sky box and not feel obligated to help him out. Defense wasn't to bad either.
Posted By: cocodrie

Re: Kellen Moore - 09/09/19 10:16 PM

[Linked Image]
Posted By: CrazyCrappieGuy

Re: Kellen Moore - 09/09/19 10:23 PM

I’m just glad his play calling didn’t look like the pro bowl. That really skart me.
© 2024 Texas Fishing Forum