Texas Fishing Forum

Jim-buh Fisher

Posted By: Frank the Tank

Jim-buh Fisher - 08/20/19 04:28 PM

Can someone explain to me why Ags are so confident he will lead them to the promise land? He’s Mack Brown-lite. Only reason he ever won anything was because he got a once in a lifetime QB to come to FSU. I just don’t get what is so special about him. Please explain.
Posted By: Davedave

Re: Jim-buh Fisher - 08/20/19 04:40 PM

Frank, I can’t speak for all Ags. I can speak for me. (Do you speak for all trolls, or just yourself?

I never said I was confident Jimbo would lead them to the promised land. I don’t know what’s special about him. He seems ok. He’s been there one year. Mond progressed pretty well last year. Maybe he would have done even better with another coach. Who knows? I think he’s paid a ridiculous amount of money, and the chances he lives up to those expectations are slim. Recruiting is huge in college. Can he recruit well enough to compete? We shall see.
Posted By: WAWI

Re: Jim-buh Fisher - 08/20/19 04:43 PM

Originally Posted by Davedave
Frank, I can’t speak for all Ags. I can speak for me. (Do you speak for all trolls, or just yourself?

I never said I was confident Jimbo would lead them to the promised land. I don’t know what’s special about him. He seems ok. He’s been there one year. Mond progressed pretty well last year. Maybe he would have done even better with another coach. Who knows? I think he’s paid a ridiculous amount of money, and the chances he lives up to those expectations are slim. Recruiting is huge in college. Can he recruit well enough to compete? We shall see.

I'll speak for all Aggies that FTT is a douche nozzle.

Re: Jim-buh Fisher - 08/20/19 04:44 PM

Originally Posted by WAWI

That’s the one thing all Ags can agree upon.
Posted By: BCBassCat

Re: Jim-buh Fisher - 08/20/19 04:50 PM

It's not just an aggie thing
Posted By: 1ShotNoKills

Re: Jim-buh Fisher - 08/20/19 04:50 PM

Re: Jim-buh Fisher - 08/20/19 04:55 PM

Buncha sensitive skirt wearin girls in here today. roflmao

Re: Jim-buh Fisher - 08/20/19 04:58 PM

I thought we was tight??
roflmao
Posted By: joebass2

Re: Jim-buh Fisher - 08/20/19 05:01 PM

LOL, college football ----won't be long now.... bolt
Posted By: DI

Re: Jim-buh Fisher - 08/20/19 05:29 PM

roflmao The fact that Aggies have so many haters, most who failed out of a JUCO in nowheresville, makes me proud.
Posted By: Chris B

Re: Jim-buh Fisher - 08/20/19 05:57 PM

Oh good, now your just trolling aggie.
Posted By: swalker9513

Re: Jim-buh Fisher - 08/20/19 06:21 PM

Seems everyone is playing for third place anyway.

Re: Jim-buh Fisher - 08/20/19 06:46 PM

Is this sensitive sports fan week ?!??
Posted By: Shallow Waters

Re: Jim-buh Fisher - 08/20/19 07:05 PM

That's weird, it kind of seems like you are the sensitive one about Aggies belief in Jimbo since you are the one who started the thread.

Of course this same question was asked last year, and answered by a number of people, but I bet you already knew that.

I will answer the same as last year. Most Championship teams are attributed to one elite player. That player has to be identified, recruited, and coached. I dont know how many players are doing their own identifying, recruiting, and coaching, because I was never good enough for it to matter for me, but it seems to me that it takes someone other than the player to do those things. Now if there is someone who has done those things successfully, why would discount their ability to do it again? (Obviously Alabama and Clemson excluded from this formula as they are dynasty level which takes players at all/most positions and the ability to reload)

Also, what is your definition of "promise land"? If it is Championship or bust then I dont know a lot of Aggies that believe that is the benchmark. If it is regular contention for Championship, then I think he is taking us in the right direction and can continue that. Also, I believe it takes a lot more resources than just the head coach, and I think A&M has shown their willingness to help with that formula in the way of facilities and atmosphere. Saban knew this when he took the job at AL and required upgrades in order to consider taking the job, AL complied.
Posted By: GTrigg

Re: Jim-buh Fisher - 08/20/19 07:11 PM

My name is GTrigg and I am a fan of Frank The Tank. There, I said it now I move on to another step.... bolt
Posted By: the skipper

Re: Jim-buh Fisher - 08/20/19 07:14 PM

Originally Posted by swalker9513
Seems everyone is playing for third place anyway.

I think 2nd may be up for grabs this year too.

Re: Jim-buh Fisher - 08/20/19 07:19 PM

ATM beats clemson arse week 2. Mark it down
Posted By: Leonardo1

Re: Jim-buh Fisher - 08/20/19 07:24 PM

FTT I asked all my Aggie buddies the same question last year. Nobody wanted to answer. Shallow water has the most reasonable response but I feel like he is in the minority amongst their alumni. I am just a Tarleton graduate and probably don't qualify to have an opinion. But then again I don't understand the reasoning behind them joining the SEC either.
Posted By: Coach Hark

Re: Jim-buh Fisher - 08/20/19 07:26 PM

Originally Posted by BCBassCat
It's not just an aggie thing

True dat.

Re: Jim-buh Fisher - 08/20/19 07:28 PM

Originally Posted by GTrigg
My name is GTrigg and I am a fan of Frank The Tank. There, I said it now I move on to another step.... bolt

banana
Posted By: Coach Hark

Re: Jim-buh Fisher - 08/20/19 07:29 PM

I’m not an Aggie but Jimbo made huge strides with the team last year. From what I hear he is a QB guru and offensive guru. That showed last year as Mond was much better and they scored points in bunches.

Re: Jim-buh Fisher - 08/20/19 07:31 PM

Originally Posted by Shallow Waters
That's weird, it kind of seems like you are the sensitive one about Aggies belief in Jimbo since you are the one who started the thread.

Of course this same question was asked last year, and answered by a number of people, but I bet you already knew that.

I will answer the same as last year. Most Championship teams are attributed to one elite player. That player has to be identified, recruited, and coached. I dont know how many players are doing their own identifying, recruiting, and coaching, because I was never good enough for it to matter for me, but it seems to me that it takes someone other than the player to do those things. Now if there is someone who has done those things successfully, why would discount their ability to do it again? (Obviously Alabama and Clemson excluded from this formula as they are dynasty level which takes players at all/most positions and the ability to reload)

Also, what is your definition of "promise land"? If it is Championship or bust then I dont know a lot of Aggies that believe that is the benchmark. If it is regular contention for Championship, then I think he is taking us in the right direction and can continue that. Also, I believe it takes a lot more resources than just the head coach, and I think A&M has shown their willingness to help with that formula in the way of facilities and atmosphere. Saban knew this when he took the job at AL and required upgrades in order to consider taking the job, AL complied.

No, I didn’t know any of that from last year or remember it, but thanks for the back handed insult. What prompted me was a text from a good friend who is an Aggie saying this is the year and since it Jimbo’s 2nd year, this was the Ags year to shine. Just started an interesting conversation, that’s all. I just dion’t see it with jumbo. Never have.

Re: Jim-buh Fisher - 08/20/19 07:38 PM

Originally Posted by Frank the Tank

No, I didn’t know any of that from last year or remember it, but thanks for the back handed insult. What prompted me was a text from a good friend who is an Aggie saying this is the year and since it Jimbo’s 2nd year, this was the Ags year to shine. Just started an interesting conversation, that’s all. I just dion’t see it with jumbo. Never have.

Fair enough, I should I have left that backhand out for my 75771 neighbor. And this is definitely not the year and I don't know many that believe that, but I do like WAWI's optimism.

Re: Jim-buh Fisher - 08/20/19 08:23 PM

You like it?? I LOVE IT. I’M THE PRESIDENT OF WAWI’s fan club for crying out loud!!!

Re: Jim-buh Fisher - 08/20/19 08:26 PM

Being that I went there I'm committed. I dont float along like a fart in the wind from college to college based on what tshirt I drug out.

Re: Jim-buh Fisher - 08/20/19 08:38 PM

YES!!!! It’s t-shirt season again!!! banana

Re: Jim-buh Fisher - 08/20/19 09:04 PM

Shallow waters, do you boat captain for LINDALE?

Re: Jim-buh Fisher - 08/20/19 09:17 PM

I did but my son graduated this year. I had them list me as a reserve if someone needed a captain in a pinch but I didn't have the time this year to dedicated to a team.

Re: Jim-buh Fisher - 08/20/19 09:30 PM

thumb
Posted By: T Bird

Re: Jim-buh Fisher - 08/20/19 09:52 PM

Originally Posted by GTrigg

banana

banana banana
Posted By: Fishin’NB

Re: Jim-buh Fisher - 08/20/19 11:44 PM

I am just happy he is not a cream puff like the last few coaches we have had.
With that string of 6-2 starts only to finish the year at .500, we needed some discipline.
He did get lucky with a great QB but he still has a championship.
Posted By: Duke 22

Re: Jim-buh Fisher - 08/21/19 12:15 AM

ATM also beat the unbeatable Alabama once, Johnny football made a career off that one game, and Kevin Sumlin is.....coaching elsewhere not by choice. Tinkerbell farting gold dust is about as likely as ATM ever winning a national title.

Re: Jim-buh Fisher - 08/21/19 12:33 AM

Originally Posted by billdancejr.

ATM also beat the unbeatable Alabama once, Johnny football made a career off that one game, and Kevin Sumlin is.....coaching elsewhere not by choice. Tinkerbell farting gold dust is about as likely as ATM ever winning a national title.

Typical ramblings of a hater with no football knowledge obsessed with the dislike of one school more than the acceptance to another.

Re: Jim-buh Fisher - 08/21/19 12:37 AM

So you barely finished high school and bought an orange shirt at a discount store. Got it.

Re: Jim-buh Fisher - 08/21/19 01:02 AM

So you barely finished high school and bought an orange shirt at a discount store. Got it.

Bought? That's funny.
Posted By: Bee'z

Re: Jim-buh Fisher - 08/21/19 03:12 AM

roflmao
Posted By: Kicker16

Re: Jim-buh Fisher - 08/21/19 03:21 AM

Alright football season is almost here the s**T talking is beginning. I like it!

Re: Jim-buh Fisher - 08/21/19 03:25 AM

Football season is officially here!!!!
roflmao

Re: Jim-buh Fisher - 08/21/19 05:03 PM

WAWI, what year did you graduate from The University ?
Posted By: GeoFisher

Re: Jim-buh Fisher - 08/21/19 05:51 PM

Conservatively, Jimbo is a top ten, probably top 5, college football coach. Ask anyone in the know or any college coach in the country. More importantly, ask the Texas HS Coaches who have dealt with him already. Besides Nicko and Dabo, there are not many active coaches with a natty. He had plenty of opportunities to go elsewhere (LSU being the biggest program) He waited for the Brinks truck and the Ags provided it.

I have been watching the Aggies since I was old enough to watch a game and he definitely made a difference last season in their performance. Mond got better throughout the season no doubt. The defense got tougher, more physical, and better statistically. If they make the same jumps this year as they did last year, it could be interesting in the SEC West

But lets face it, A&M could go 10-2, 9-3, or very easily go 6-6, given the conference and division they play in. It's just brutal week in and week out.

As a fan, all you can ask for is improvement from year to year, and in year 1, I think Jimbo gets a B+, maybe an A- grade. I will take that performance every year with my coach.

GiG Em'

Re: Jim-buh Fisher - 08/21/19 06:15 PM

Originally Posted by DI
WAWI, what year did you graduate from The University ?

Posted By: TexDawg

Re: Jim-buh Fisher - 08/21/19 06:25 PM

Frank number one focus is not college football, it’s having tiger baby

grin

Re: Jim-buh Fisher - 08/21/19 06:32 PM

Originally Posted by TexDawg
Frank number one focus is not college football, it’s having tiger baby

grin

He already turned me down
splat

Re: Jim-buh Fisher - 08/21/19 06:33 PM

Originally Posted by GeoFisher
Conservatively, Jimbo is a top ten, probably top 5, college football coach. Ask anyone in the know or any college coach in the country. More importantly, ask the Texas HS Coaches who have dealt with him already. Besides Nicko and Dabo, there are not many active coaches with a natty. He had plenty of opportunities to go elsewhere (LSU being the biggest program) He waited for the Brinks truck and the Ags provided it.

I have been watching the Aggies since I was old enough to watch a game and he definitely made a difference last season in their performance. Mond got better throughout the season no doubt. The defense got tougher, more physical, and better statistically. If they make the same jumps this year as they did last year, it could be interesting in the SEC West

But lets face it, A&M could go 10-2, 9-3, or very easily go 6-6, given the conference and division they play in. It's just brutal week in and week out.

As a fan, all you can ask for is improvement from year to year, and in year 1, I think Jimbo gets a B+, maybe an A- grade. I will take that performance every year with my coach.

GiG Em'

roflmao
Posted By: RO519

Re: Jim-buh Fisher - 08/21/19 06:41 PM

His record while at FSU was 83-23 with 1 national championship, 3 conference championships, and his team finished in the AP Poll top 10 4 of his 8 years as head coach. He has a proven track record as a head coach. Texas A&M has all of the resources, facility, money and alumni support any coach could possibly want. It all starts with the head man, and we hired what we believe is a winner.

Re: Jim-buh Fisher - 08/21/19 06:43 PM

We’ll see if Mack Brown-lite can get it done. I hope he does, Aggie heads will explode and they will become more obnoxious than cow fans
Posted By: GeoFisher

Re: Jim-buh Fisher - 08/22/19 05:21 PM

GiG Em'

roflmao

GiG Em'

roflmao

Interesting response and well thought out. Not sure what you find so amusing because I really don't see anything but facts, other than my own personal grade I gave Jimbo last year for his performance as a head coach.
*Most analyst, coaches would place Jimbo in top 10 or even top 5 of college football coaches
*He has a natty
*He got paid by wealthy Aggies
*Mond was better than year before
*Ags were better up front on defense
*They play in what is (year in and year out) the single toughest conference in College Football

Trolling perhaps. Oh well, I bit.
Posted By: bassinbiker

Re: Jim-buh Fisher - 08/22/19 09:35 PM

My take, which many have already said some of:

General:

The move to the SEC has paid many dividends, and has been a great success. Always play on national TV, play against the nation's best teams every few weeks, play against the nation's best players (as proven by nfl draft status), etc...
The Ags have been atop the list for $$ earned in athletics the last few years.
They are also in the top 2 or 3 for facilities, stadium size and atmosphere, and attendance.

Now to Jimbo:
Jimbo has a natty, made the playoff, and had a lot of success in other years at FSU; which had been downtrending under Bowden the last years he was there.
We probably will go 8-4 or 9-3 this year, or better with some breaks. Dut to one of the toughest schedules in the land(playing the 3 top rated teams, and 3 of the 6 top rated teams on the road...)
Next year, we should be in the hunt for a playoff birth. (much more manigable schedule)
We were pretty successful in his first year: top 3 in rushing defense, TOP, and had the nation's #3 rusher....all pretty impressive considering we weren't supposed to be any good, or have any good players....

All the above point to continued success, but, with that you still need the ball to bounce your way a few times...
Posted By: RATZ

Re: Jim-buh Fisher - 08/22/19 10:02 PM

I just hope Jumbo is in favor of renewing the Texas & A&M game. We all miss it.

Re: Jim-buh Fisher - 08/23/19 02:34 AM

Originally Posted by RATZ
I just hope Jumbo is in favor of renewing the Texas & A&M game. We all miss it.

You all miss it.
Posted By: Duke 22

Re: Jim-buh Fisher - 08/23/19 08:23 AM

I earned my BS @ UTA, My masters however was earned at THE University of Texas. Oh and before I forget you can bag on Texas all you want but the fact is, Texas leads the series against ATM 76–37–5. I would flee conferences too if I kept getting my butt whooped like that. Oh, also while at Texas they educated me on the proper way to build a Bonfire. Ouch flame

Re: Jim-buh Fisher - 08/23/19 11:28 AM

Dude. Not cool. At all.
Posted By: RO519

Re: Jim-buh Fisher - 08/23/19 12:05 PM

I earned my BS @ UTA, My masters however was earned at THE University of Texas. Oh and before I forget you can bag on Texas all you want but the fact is, Texas leads the series against ATM 76–37–5. I would flee conferences too if I kept getting my butt whooped like that. Oh, also while at Texas they educated me on the proper way to build a Bonfire. Ouch flame

Glad to see the classless [censored] of the day identified himself early on for us. Go pound sand for making a joke at a tragic event that cost 12 students their lives. Douchebag.
Posted By: Ghost4BH

Re: Jim-buh Fisher - 08/23/19 12:17 PM

Maybe he was talking about the contents of the jar the cult put at the top of the bonfire? Must have been some weird aggy cult ritual.

But yeah brining the bonfire incident is really low rent. Let’s not go there.
Posted By: RATZ

Re: Jim-buh Fisher - 08/23/19 12:21 PM

Thanks for making Horns fans look like absolute [censored]. Sorry for this one Aggy friends.

Re: Jim-buh Fisher - 08/23/19 12:44 PM

Pretty much everything you have posted on this thread makes this part of your claims seem very unlikely.

I earned my BS @ UTA, My masters however was earned at THE University of Texas.
Posted By: camo-jorts

Re: Jim-buh Fisher - 08/23/19 01:09 PM

Originally Posted by Coach Hark
I’m not an Aggie but Jimbo made huge strides with the team last year. From what I hear he is a QB guru and offensive guru. That showed last year as Mond was much better and they scored points in bunches.

Yeah let’s leave the title of QB Guru to the coach north of the red river!
Posted By: John175☮

Re: Jim-buh Fisher - 08/23/19 01:13 PM

Can someone explain to me why Ags are so confident he will lead them to the promise land? He’s Mack Brown-lite. Only reason he ever won anything was because he got a once in a lifetime QB to come to FSU. I just don’t get what is so special about him. Please explain.

He got a once in a lifetime QB to come to FSU so he has that going for him.

Re: Jim-buh Fisher - 08/23/19 01:18 PM

Attempting to make a joke about 12kids dying in order to somehow boost your football team? Loser.

Re: Jim-buh Fisher - 08/23/19 01:25 PM

What a complete piece of garbage this guy is. Hell, maybe you should have gone to their funerals and told those jokes.

I’m sure FTT is proud of himself also for stirring up this type of stuff nonstop. Cannot wait for more of Frank’s rolling smiley faces. Bunch of douchebags.

Re: Jim-buh Fisher - 08/23/19 01:38 PM

Pretty much everything you have posted on this thread makes this part of your claims seem very unlikely.

I earned my BS @ UTA, My masters however was earned at THE University of Texas.

Yep, tsips and Aggies while we give each other alot of [censored] have a mutual respect and know there are lines you dont cross. University of pheonix from his parents basement seems to be the likely truth here. Probably still in parents basement.
Posted By: rj74955

Re: Jim-buh Fisher - 08/23/19 01:49 PM

He gone.

Re: Jim-buh Fisher - 08/23/19 02:10 PM

Please don’t be sensitive buddy. It’s Friday. My original post was a legitimate question. I just don’t see the appeal of Jumbo. And there is no place for jokes about the bonfire. None. Please don’t turn sensitive.

What a complete piece of garbage this guy is. Hell, maybe you should have gone to their funerals and told those jokes.

I’m sure FTT is proud of himself also for stirring up this type of stuff nonstop. Cannot wait for more of Frank’s rolling smiley faces. Bunch of douchebags.
© 2024 Texas Fishing Forum