Texas Fishing Forum

Cabo San Lucas

Posted By: Happykamper

Cabo San Lucas - 08/08/19 03:56 PM

Thinking about taking the family to Cabo between Christmas and New Years, any recommendations on fishing charters and places to stay, things to do, thanks for any referrals.
Posted By: Patriot Guard Rider

Re: Cabo San Lucas - 08/08/19 04:01 PM

There are about 14 million time-share places all along the coast there. Pick one, spend an hour listening to their pitch about the glories of owning a time share, take their free stuff (meals, maybe a fishing charter, etc), and then enjoy your family time. BTW - don't fall for their sales pitches!
Posted By: CrazyCrappieGuy

Re: Cabo San Lucas - 08/08/19 04:52 PM

If you see Zeke tell him to get butt to training camp!
Posted By: UTMallard

Re: Cabo San Lucas - 08/08/19 04:56 PM

We went in March for a work trip and stayed at Le Blanc. I'm not a big all-inclusive fan, but this was hands down the nicest one I've stayed at. Highly recommend.
Posted By: JackMason

Re: Cabo San Lucas - 08/08/19 05:09 PM

Stayed at the Marquis which is outside of town. Beautiful resort with everything imaginable. Service was top notch. Stayed in their ocean view Casitas with private roof top pool which is highly recommended. It's not cheap, but worth every penny. All the top golf courses within 10 minutes. Scammers everywhere in town so watch out.
Posted By: dkershen

Re: Cabo San Lucas - 08/08/19 05:12 PM

Quick tip.. Cabo beaches are nice to sit on or look at, but swimming and playing in the ocean is for the most part a No Go. Bad rip tides. I wouldn't take kids that want to play in the ocean.

But.. fishing is great. Especially at that time of year. thumb
Posted By: 410MAN

Re: Cabo San Lucas - 08/08/19 05:16 PM

Originally Posted by dkershen
Quick tip.. Cabo beaches are nice to sit on or look at, but swimming and playing in the ocean is for the most part a No Go. Bad rip tides. I wouldn't take kids that want to play in the ocean.

But.. fishing is great. Especially at that time of year. thumb

BAD Tide not safe be careful
Posted By: BlueNitro

Re: Cabo San Lucas - 08/08/19 05:22 PM

I took the family to Cabo and did the fishing with my son (daughter wanted to swim with the dolphins). These are the guys that we used. https://www.piscessportfishing.com/ I highly recommend them.

I also recommend that you bring a lot of disposable income because it gets expensive fast!!!!

This is the 150 striped marlin that my son caught when he was 10yo (that's him and me while he was fighting the fish in the pic to the left). Adding it all up, that trip/mount cost me approximately 7k and that was like 15 years ago.

[Linked Image]

Hint - find your own taxidermist because the outfit in Florida that did the mount held me hostage for a ridiculous amount of hidden fees.
Posted By: elcoyote, esq.

Re: Cabo San Lucas - 08/08/19 05:26 PM

Fly into SJD, and go about 45 minutes northeast to Rancho Leonero. No touristy stuff, no worries about crowds, just a laid back fishing resort. www.rancholeonero.com it is my happy place.
Posted By: RATZ

Re: Cabo San Lucas - 08/08/19 05:44 PM

We stayed at the Hilton. Not all inclusive, but wife's work footed the bill for everything. I also used Pisces for fishing. It was good.
Posted By: Beltonbanger�

Re: Cabo San Lucas - 08/12/19 12:57 PM

Congrats!!!! I'm sure Gray's Taxi was the company holding your mount hostage. I hear stories continually!
Posted By: Happykamper

Re: Cabo San Lucas - 08/12/19 01:22 PM

Thanks for the tips, keep em coming.
Posted By: DillonCan'tFish

Re: Cabo San Lucas - 08/12/19 01:26 PM

Originally Posted by BlueNitro
I took the family to Cabo and did the fishing with my son (daughter wanted to swim with the dolphins). These are the guys that we used. https://www.piscessportfishing.com/ I highly recommend them.

I also recommend that you bring a lot of disposable income because it gets expensive fast!!!!

This is the 150 striped marlin that my son caught when he was 10yo (that's him and me while he was fighting the fish in the pic to the left). Adding it all up, that trip/mount cost me approximately 7k and that was like 15 years ago.

[Linked Image]

Hint - find your own taxidermist because the outfit in Florida that did the mount held me hostage for a ridiculous amount of hidden fees.

We used these guys as well. I highly recommend them. Very informative and just all-around good people. We took what we could eat for dinner that night and gave the rest to all the Pisces captains and crew members that were there. Their families all came to pick it up and it was just an awesome experience.

[Linked Image]
[Linked Image]
Posted By: BlueNitro

Re: Cabo San Lucas - 08/12/19 01:26 PM

Originally Posted by Beltonbanger�
Congrats!!!! I'm sure Gray's Taxi was the company holding your mount hostage. I hear stories continually!

Yep - I could not remember the name but Gray's Taxi was the one.

I want to say that the mount was going to cost me $1,500 when they talked to me at the dock and I paid double at least by the time it got shipped to me.
Posted By: David Welcher

Re: Cabo San Lucas - 08/12/19 01:31 PM

If your taking Family, stay away from the Black Hole(Bar) !
Posted By: opus

Re: Cabo San Lucas - 08/12/19 05:22 PM

Remember-even-Jan-its-a-desert-and-HOT-THERE
Posted By: Beltonbanger�

Re: Cabo San Lucas - 08/14/19 11:21 AM

Originally Posted by BlueNitro
Originally Posted by Beltonbanger�

Yep - I could not remember the name but Gray's Taxi was the one.

I want to say that the mount was going to cost me $1,500 when they talked to me at the dock and I paid double at least by the time it got shipped to me.

Ya.....I had a guy come in that had a barracuda done and told me the same. Shipping was crazy!!!! Also talked to a guy that said he had a yellow fin done and just couldn't afford to pay the rest and lost the fish!
Posted By: trlrman

Re: Cabo San Lucas - 08/14/19 01:01 PM

Originally Posted by elcoyote, esq.
Fly into SJD, and go about 45 minutes northeast to Rancho Leonero. No touristy stuff, no worries about crowds, just a laid back fishing resort. www.rancholeonero.com it is my happy place.

this or any of the Los Barriles resorts , we have been using the Van Wormer Resorts for the last 20+ years
© 2024 Texas Fishing Forum