Texas Fishing Forum

What the hell is next?

Posted By: Bigbob_FTW

What the hell is next? - 07/23/19 05:57 PM

BOONE COUNTY, W.Va. — Police is West Virginia are seeing an alarming drug trend in which wasp spray is being used as an alternative to methamphetamine.

According to WCHS, West Virginia State Police believe wasp spray played a role in three overdoses last week.

The wasp spray is reportedly inhaled or injected, providing a rush similar to the one methamphetamine users experience.

On Friday, stores in Boone County reported selling nearly 30 cans of the spray.

The spray is causing users to exhibit erratic behavior as well as suffer extreme swelling and redness of the hands and feet.

“From what we’re being told, if you use it, you know, you might use it one or twice and be fine, but the third time when your body hits that allergic reaction, it can kill you,” Sgt. Charles Sutphin told the news outlet.

Story
Posted By: RATZ

Re: What the hell is next? - 07/23/19 06:06 PM

some folks shouldn't breed
Posted By: WAWI

Re: What the hell is next? - 07/23/19 06:09 PM

Wasnt this last week
Posted By: TexDawg

Re: What the hell is next? - 07/23/19 06:11 PM

Yes, oldish news, but stupid people doing really stupid stuff like this is entertaining
Posted By: Duck_Hunter

Re: What the hell is next? - 07/23/19 06:16 PM

We had a thread on it last week.

Bottom line, people will find away to get [censored] up. This will probably result in some sort of restriction on buying wasp spray, like some of the formerly OTC cold medications now being restricted to behind the counter or locked in cases.
Posted By: Nickbyrd

Re: What the hell is next? - 07/23/19 06:18 PM

What’s the problem ?They should give out free wasp spray with directions on how to use it . Population control my friends .. cheers
Posted By: Icepick

Re: What the hell is next? - 07/23/19 06:31 PM

Originally Posted by Duck_Hunter

Bottom line, people will find away to get [censored] up. This will probably result in some sort of restriction on buying wasp spray, like some of the formerly OTC cold medications now being restricted to behind the counter or locked in cases.

That was Exactly my first thought when I saw the 30 cans part.
Thankfully I haven't needed sudafed in years because I start taking Zyrtec when that time of year rolls around that my allergies kick in. Catch it quick enough and decongestants aren't needed.
Thanks to Barney Fife I've been nipping things in the bud ever since I was old enough to nip.
Posted By: UGLYSHCTICK

Re: What the hell is next? - 07/23/19 06:37 PM

I used to sniff gas when I was about 13. It didn't effect me at all. Oh, and I used to sniff gas when I was about 13.
Posted By: RATZ

Re: What the hell is next? - 07/23/19 06:39 PM

sniffing wasp spray is one thing, but to inject it is insane
Posted By: Icepick

Re: What the hell is next? - 07/23/19 06:40 PM

Originally Posted by UGLYSHCTICK
I used to sniff gas when I was about 13. It didn't effect me at all. Oh, and I used to sniff gas when I was about 13.

If marijuana causes memory loss, what does marijuana cause?
Posted By: Trickster

Re: What the hell is next? - 07/23/19 06:40 PM

It's going to be OK.
Posted By: 2014NITROZ-7

Re: What the hell is next? - 07/23/19 06:42 PM

Thinning the gene pool.
Posted By: spazm09

Re: What the hell is next? - 07/23/19 06:44 PM

Legalize marijuana. These idiots will be too lazy to go buy wasp spray. Use the tax revenue to teach people about the dangers of injecting wasp spray. LOL
Posted By: Pintail711

Re: What the hell is next? - 07/23/19 08:27 PM

Y’all need to watch The Wild and Wonderful Whites of West Virginian... Jacka$$ producers filmed it. That show will give you an idea of what lives on Boone County.
Posted By: Bob Davis

Re: What the hell is next? - 07/23/19 08:31 PM

What if a wasp flies up your nose? Would you spray it in your nose or go after it with an ice pick? Asking for a friend.

Re: What the hell is next? - 07/23/19 08:38 PM

Originally Posted by Icepick®

That was Exactly my first thought when I saw the 30 cans part.
Thankfully I haven't needed sudafed in years because I start taking Zyrtec when that time of year rolls around that my allergies kick in. Catch it quick enough and decongestants aren't needed.
Thanks to Barney Fife I've been nipping things in the bud ever since I was old enough to nip.

Sudafed was what I was thinking of but couldn’t remember.
Posted By: buda13

Cant they just be happy filling trash bags with Freon from someones AC unit and huffing it? hide2

Originally Posted by Pintail711
Y’all need to watch The Wild and Wonderful Whites of West Virginian... Jacka$$ producers filmed it. That show will give you an idea of what lives on Boone County.

Incredible documentary. Couldn’t turn away.
Posted By: John175☮

Re: What the hell is next? - 07/23/19 10:12 PM

This is because they locked up the tide pods.
Posted By: GIG'EM AGGIES

Re: What the hell is next? - 07/23/19 10:18 PM

Watched a couple of trailers. Idiots would be a compliment to that bunch. Surprised they live past 30 and the kids don't have 3 ears and 6 toes on each foot.
Posted By: steveiam

Re: What the hell is next? - 07/23/19 10:21 PM

I remember when I was a youngster in the late 60’s or early 70’s while I was hunting I came up on a dude holding a paper sack to his face and not surprisingly he wasn’t aware I was coming up on him on the trail in these woods-
When he did see me he just got up and stumbled away, leaving behind his paper sack and a can of white spray paint-
(For you young’s they used to make paper sacks, large and small)

The bag was full of paint where he had been huffing it-

Folks have been stupid for many years-
Posted By: Scagnetti

Re: What the hell is next? - 07/23/19 10:32 PM

Remember when paint huffing was in and this pic always made the rounds?

[Linked Image]
Posted By: banker-always fishing

Re: What the hell is next? - 07/23/19 10:33 PM

popcorn2
Posted By: GIG'EM AGGIES

Re: What the hell is next? - 07/23/19 10:37 PM

Originally Posted by steveiam
I remember when I was a youngster in the late 60’s or early 70’s while I was hunting I came up on a dude holding a paper sack to his face and not surprisingly he wasn’t aware I was coming up on him on the trail in these woods-
When he did see me he just got up and stumbled away, leaving behind his paper sack and a can of white spray paint-
(For you young’s they used to make paper sacks, large and small)

The bag was full of paint where he had been huffing it-

Folks have been stupid for many years-

I'm still amazed at the people still smoking cigarettes and cigars, many of them seniors. That's pretty stupid in itself.
Posted By: hopalong

Re: What the hell is next? - 07/23/19 11:06 PM

Originally Posted by Icepick®

If marijuana causes memory loss, what does marijuana cause?

what was the question?
Posted By: Bigbob_FTW

Re: What the hell is next? - 07/23/19 11:28 PM

Originally Posted by Scagnetti

[Linked Image]

Saw that on cops once. Too funny.
Posted By: BigDozer66

Re: What the hell is next? - 07/24/19 01:14 AM

I am surprised people haven't started leaving cans of it laying around. peep
Posted By: Tneel

Re: What the hell is next? - 07/24/19 01:49 AM

LEO's should form a "sting" operation to catch these perps.
Posted By: sdavis24

Re: What the hell is next? - 07/24/19 03:39 AM

Originally Posted by Pintail711

Incredible documentary. Couldn’t turn away.
I lived in Charleston for 1 year and this story doesn't surprise me in the least.
Posted By: dafanman

Re: What the hell is next? - 07/24/19 04:41 AM

Originally Posted by Tneel
LEO's should form a "sting" operation to catch these perps.

clap clap thumb
Posted By: Monty Wright

Re: What the hell is next? - 07/24/19 04:47 AM

Originally Posted by Scagnetti

[Linked Image]

Some of my absolute favorite mug shots
Posted By: Patriot Guard Rider

Re: What the hell is next? - 07/24/19 11:01 AM

Yep. Years ago it was sniffing model airplane glue. It got locked up behind the counter.

Then it was huffing spray paint from a paper sack. That caused problems for retailers selling paint.

This is just a new generation finding a weird way to screw up their brains even further.
© 2024 Texas Fishing Forum