Texas Fishing Forum

Worst Job

Posted By: Beer Money

Worst Job - 07/11/19 11:56 PM

Who here thinks that they have the worst job of all the TFF?
Posted By: chickenman

Re: Worst Job - 07/12/19 12:06 AM

I was a contender for about 3 years. My 18 year career in the beauty industry ended when I changed jobs in late 2018. I am much happier now.
Posted By: Urban Fisher

Re: Worst Job - 07/12/19 12:07 AM

Lonestarson...he rubs old women and men for a living.
Posted By: shadboy

Re: Worst Job - 07/12/19 12:12 AM

Me. I am away from my wife every Mon-Fri.

Wait, what was the question again?
Posted By: hopalong

Re: Worst Job - 07/12/19 12:23 AM

well it for sure is not me. woot
Posted By: sdavis24

Re: Worst Job - 07/12/19 12:26 AM

Insurance adjuster was awful for a few years. Worst I had, but I’m sure it’s not even top 50 in this crew
Posted By: fishslime

Re: Worst Job - 07/12/19 12:33 AM

The worst job I ever had was rolling tennis ball cores into a big ball when they came out of the glue dryer and placing them in hoppers to be covered by some else. The conveyor never stopped, and you didn't get a break. Thank God it lasted for only a week, and I got another better factory job assembling casters for the summer. Sure made me appreciate my university teaching position.
Posted By: elcoyote, esq.

Re: Worst Job - 07/12/19 12:35 AM

I bet Shingles has the worst job.
Posted By: TR176

Re: Worst Job - 07/12/19 12:39 AM

I worked in a steel plant in San Antonio that made all things metal for jail construction. At one time I worked in quality control sawing jail bars to check steel temper. This caused me to start opening my college books.
Posted By: bradnitro175

Re: Worst Job - 07/12/19 12:45 AM

They all suck eventually
Posted By: fishslime

Re: Worst Job - 07/12/19 12:48 AM

Originally Posted by TR176
I worked in a steel plant in San Antonio that made all things metal for jail construction. At one time I worked in quality control sawing jail bars to check steel temper. This caused me to start opening my college books.

That's good. I worked in a plant which assigned me to debur little pieces of metal on a grinder - bored out of mind in 30 minutes. I was so good they put me on the shear, which wasn't too bad. At least you had to use your brain to lay out the pieces and cut them. After working in factories back in the 70's, I quickly wondered how anything got made with any quality in this country Those I worked with spent more time trying figure a way to not work rather than just trying to do the job right. Guess robots do a lot of it these days. Of course, it doesn't happen in this country as most of the factories I worked in eventually got moved to Mexico, Puerto Rico, or China and will never come back.
Posted By: Der Vorsteher

Re: Worst Job - 07/12/19 12:51 AM

Breaking out flow line with my father. From 5th grade up through college.
Posted By: TCK73

Re: Worst Job - 07/12/19 01:10 AM

Originally Posted by Der Vorsteher
Breaking out flow line with my father. From 5th grade up through college.

I hated doing that also.
Posted By: beartrap

Re: Worst Job - 07/12/19 01:12 AM

graduated from high school in east tenn. back in 1957 and me and 5 of my buddies had summer jobs at Green giant English pea cannery in Waitsburg,Washington….all six of us piled into a 51 ford 2 door and with help of a luggage carrier,across the USA we went...didn't have Interstates back then and it took about a week to get there....
we worked 7 nights a week,12 hour shifts and they had that production line set up to work you within an inch of your life....waded around in those damn English peas all summer...that was 1957 and I ain't eat an English since then...
I didn't particularly like school but going to college was helluva lot easier than working in a factory...
Posted By: Monty Wright

Re: Worst Job - 07/12/19 01:15 AM

It's not me. I actually really like my job
Posted By: shadboy

Re: Worst Job - 07/12/19 01:15 AM

Originally Posted by beartrap
graduated from high school in east tenn. back in 1957 and me and 5 of my buddies had summer jobs at Green giant English pea cannery in Waitsburg,Washington….all six of us piled into a 51 ford 2 door and with help of a luggage carrier,across the USA we went...didn't have Interstates back then and it took about a week to get there....
we worked 7 nights a week,12 hour shifts and they had that production line set up to work you within an inch of your life....waded around in those damn English peas all summer...that was 1957 and I ain't eat an English since then...
I didn't particularly like school but going to college was helluva lot easier than working in a factory...

That is one hell of a good story. Bet it was a lot more fun at the time. Props to you.
Posted By: boocat

Re: Worst Job - 07/12/19 01:19 AM

I used to lay in the mud and scrape barnacles off the bottoms of shrimp boats for Gulf King,, such fun.
Posted By: Chief262

Re: Worst Job - 07/12/19 01:20 AM

Pulling broom corn, which is the plant straw brooms are made from. You can't image the itch, dusty and hot.
Posted By: Dan90210 ☮

Re: Worst Job - 07/12/19 01:30 AM

Well Time magazine did a study on the worst jobs in America.

Last years worst job, crack horror, is now the next to last worst job.

The new worst job? Assistant crack horror.

Posted By: GIG'EM AGGIES

Re: Worst Job - 07/12/19 01:33 AM

Picked cotton during the summer, couldn't wait for school to start. And for those who aren't familiar there's a big difference between picking and pulling.
Posted By: TCK73

Re: Worst Job - 07/12/19 01:36 AM

I see we had a cotton picker, anyone here ever plow mules?
Posted By: GIG'EM AGGIES

Re: Worst Job - 07/12/19 01:43 AM

My dad plowed with a mule but I wasn't big enough. Mule's are honery and mean and takes a grown man to handle them.
Posted By: Nickbyrd

Re: Worst Job - 07/12/19 01:50 AM

Mines pretty rough but I wouldn’t say it’s the worst. I like the folks and the money.
Posted By: Der Vorsteher

Re: Worst Job - 07/12/19 01:51 AM

Originally Posted by TCK73
I see we had a cotton picker, anyone here ever plow mules?

I think that's only legal in Arkansas.
Posted By: Urban Fisher

Re: Worst Job - 07/12/19 01:54 AM

When I was 10 Jeffery Epstein use to pay me to give him massages.
Posted By: 2014NITROZ-7

Re: Worst Job - 07/12/19 01:56 AM

Hauling hay and stacking it in the barns. Its hot, dusty and just plain nasty.
Posted By: Kentucky

Re: Worst Job - 07/12/19 02:16 AM

In high school I worked at Nissan at night in sludge and hazardous waste. I made 5.35 an hour. It was my motivation to learn something , It was also my motivation to move as soon as i graduated
Posted By: ko bass attack 27

Re: Worst Job - 07/12/19 02:19 AM

Got out of the Army in 1978 was 21 with a wife and kid still in diapers. Took a job in Guymon Ok. With Swift Fresh meats in a beef packing house. It started at $7.75 an hr. And $10.15 after 90 day probationary period. In '78 I thought WOW, packing house work is very strenuous and all blood and guts. Worked there 2 years Cuz it paid the bills.
Posted By: dkershen

Re: Worst Job - 07/12/19 02:40 AM

Did a stint one summer roofing and got stuck on the tar mopping crew for a couple weeks in August. Fun times.
Posted By: Coach Hark

Re: Worst Job - 07/12/19 02:44 AM

Growing up in East Texas, hauling hay and cutting and hauling pulpwood was the worst. It made me decide for sure I was going to college.
Posted By: Westside.

Re: Worst Job - 07/12/19 02:49 AM

4th generation Mason, I can still work a trowel but have no plans to do so
Posted By: lowew79

Re: Worst Job - 07/12/19 02:53 AM

Worked a job in the summer at a machine shop in Burleson. My job was to grind the burrs off of the inside and outside of huge (could walk inside them) metal tubes that the welders built as part of an exhaust system for then Chaparral steel. Along with moving these huge things around I had to climb up in the damn things wearing hot as hell protective gear, grind them smooth, then paint them red oxide with a hand held roller.

Job itself wasn't terrible i guess, but DANG it was SO hot, like working in a terribly loud oven.

At least the conditions were so miserable that my boss never came to check on me, because he didn't want to be out in the heat.
Posted By: BCBassCat

Re: Worst Job - 07/12/19 02:56 AM

Pressure washing dumpsters so they could be repainted. Nobody told us it was outside only.
© 2024 Texas Fishing Forum