Posted By: RayBob

Re: Snake ID - 06/04/19 02:17 AM

Texas Rat Snake
Posted By: Dan90210 ☮

Re: Snake ID - 06/04/19 12:34 PM

Originally Posted by Chris B
Diamond back water snake?

No.Its not in water.

Look I will educate all yall on the naming and identifying of various reptiles in Texas.

If you find a snake in the garden it is a garden snake. If you find a snake in the grass that is a grass snake. A snake in the water is a water snake. This also works for lizards and the like. A lizard on a fence is a fence lizard. A lizard in a bush is a bush lizard. If you found a lizard in a tree then that is what?? Thats right guys, a tree lizard.

Clearly what the young lady here found is a front door artificial turf welcome mat snake. Very rear indeed.
Posted By: outfishdya

Re: Snake ID - 06/04/19 12:41 PM

Originally Posted by Dan90210 ☮

No.Its not in water.

Look I will educate all yall on the naming and identifying of various reptiles in Texas.

If you find a snake in the garden it is a garden snake. If you find a snake in the grass that is a grass snake. A snake in the water is a water snake. This also works for lizards and the like. A lizard on a fence is a fence lizard. A lizard in a bush is a bush lizard. If you found a lizard in a tree then that is what?? Thats right guys, a tree lizard.

Clearly what the young lady here found is a front door artificial turf welcome mat snake. Very rear indeed.

You forgot lot lizards and tube snakes
Posted By: Brent S

Re: Snake ID - 06/04/19 12:52 PM

Rug snake
Posted By: JohnF67

Re: Snake ID - 06/04/19 01:39 PM

No.Its not in water.

I use a similar method. If it's on land it's a rattlesnake. If it's in water it's a cottonmouth.

When I was in the middle east all snakes were cobras and in Panama they were all bushmasters.

I find it hard to make a better positive ID when running in the other direction.
Posted By: Stump jumper

Re: Snake ID - 06/04/19 05:26 PM

Good snake. Hope she did not kill it.
Posted By: Duck_Hunter

Re: Snake ID - 06/04/19 05:32 PM

No.Its not in water.

Hard to find a flaw in this. Well done, Dan.
Posted By: birddogcatfish

Re: Snake ID - 06/04/19 05:48 PM

Water snake
Posted By: deucer02

Re: Snake ID - 06/05/19 11:18 PM

Wait a minute....Bush lizard ?
© 2024 Texas Fishing Forum