Texas Fishing Forum

Irrigation/Landscape Help Needed

Posted By: Beer Money

Irrigation/Landscape Help Needed - 05/02/19 10:39 PM

Last week we had 8" of rain in one evening and the water on one corner of my house got up over the foundation and leaked into one of our bedrooms. I put an extension on the gutter downspout in that area hoping that would take the water out of the flower bed and fix the issue. Well, last night we got about 3" of rain and the same thing happened again. I need someone that can lower the soil line around the foundation for that part of the house and make sure that water drains away. Does anyone on here do that type of work in DFW area or know of someone that you would recommend?
Thanks.
Posted By: Ranger Z21

Re: Irrigation/Landscape Help Needed - 05/02/19 10:43 PM

Contact Jman on here. He might be covered up now but I am sure he could recommend someone.
Posted By: Roller22

Re: Irrigation/Landscape Help Needed - 05/02/19 11:15 PM

I've been putting in several French drains this year, more this year than the previous 5 years. They are the trench and drain type with catch basins and solid pipe installed in a 12" x 12" trench with 3/4" limestone as a filler. Let me know if I can be of assistance. Mike Holeyfield 940-391-7319
Posted By: Ghost4BH

Re: Irrigation/Landscape Help Needed - 05/02/19 11:32 PM

Originally Posted by Roller22
I've been putting in several French drains this year, more this year than the previous 5 years. They are the trench and drain type with catch basins and solid pipe installed in a 12" x 12" trench with 3/4" limestone as a filler. Let me know if I can be of assistance. Mike Holeyfield 940-391-7319

Roller would be the one I’d contact
Posted By: Duck_Hunter

Re: Irrigation/Landscape Help Needed - 05/02/19 11:44 PM

I’ve been having a similar situation. It’s been seeping into our living room during extremely heavy rains. Last night I put another piece of the puzzle together and noticed that our back patio, directly in line with the leak in the living room, is gettin wet way under the patio roof. The rest of the patio isn’t getting nearly as wet. It makes me think the water is going under the house mostly but some is seeping into the living room.

We were told to dig a swale to help divert water coming off a mound near where the issue is taking place.
Posted By: Derek ðŸ

Re: Irrigation/Landscape Help Needed - 05/03/19 01:53 AM

All but one or two of my gutters go directly into French drains. Works great. Have a couple drains in the yard that tie into them too. I like it a lot.
Posted By: Westside.

Re: Irrigation/Landscape Help Needed - 05/03/19 02:45 AM

Originally Posted by Derek 🐝

All but one or two of my gutters go directly into French drains. Works great. Have a couple drains in the yard that tie into them too. I like it a lot.

Drainage is important
Posted By: Beer Money

Re: Irrigation/Landscape Help Needed - 05/03/19 02:48 AM

Originally Posted by Westside.
Originally Posted by Derek 🐝

Drainage is important

Agreed. Right now I have seepage. I need drainage.
© 2024 Texas Fishing Forum