Texas Fishing Forum

"The Wire" on Netflix

Posted By: fouzman

"The Wire" on Netflix - 01/21/19 02:25 PM

Is it worth our time? Watched the first season this weekend and, while it's interesting, I dunno if I can watch all the seasons. What say you?
Posted By: H.Town_paddler

Re: "The Wire" on Netflix - 01/21/19 02:26 PM

I’ve always heard it’s one of the best series of all time. Didn’t realize it was on NF. I’m going to watch it.
Posted By: WAWI

Re: "The Wire" on Netflix - 01/21/19 03:25 PM

Its good, it has some iffy seasons but yes, watch it.
Posted By: IC DOAN

Re: "The Wire" on Netflix - 01/21/19 06:28 PM

I watched the first season and into the second... finally gave up... it was just too dark for me...
I had heard what a great show it was and while some of the plot twists were interesting and clever at the end of the day it was mostly about drug culture in the projects. Depressing.
Posted By: Duck_Hunter

Re: "The Wire" on Netflix - 01/21/19 06:30 PM

The Wire is great. There is one subpar season (either season two or three) but overall I thought it was one of the best TV shows ever.
Posted By: CCTX

Re: "The Wire" on Netflix - 01/21/19 07:18 PM

Seasons 3 and 4 are the best
Seasons 5 and 2 are the worst

If you didn’t care for season 1, I’d skip past season 2 and start watching season 3

If you don’t like season 3, you don’t like the Wire

The Shield is a very good series that has more universal appeal. On Hulu and Amazon Prime
Posted By: Dfitz

Re: "The Wire" on Netflix - 01/21/19 07:27 PM

Very entertaining. Stick with it. Some good humor when you learn the characters. Season 2 may seem odd, but it ties back together in later seasons. Season 3 is my favorite,
I put The Wire in my top 11 all time series along with;

Ozark,
True Detective (season 1),
Peaky Blinders
Breaking Bad,
Longmire,
GOT,
Southpark
Blue Planet II,
Fargo (season 1)
Pine Gap

Re: "The Wire" on Netflix - 01/21/19 07:56 PM

Fargo season one bear trap scene is the best scene ever on TV
Posted By: K.D.

Re: "The Wire" on Netflix - 01/21/19 07:56 PM

I'll have to add it to my list to see...

Just finished YOU. That was awesome in my book.

Just started OZARK. About 8-9 episodes into season 1. Like the heck outta it!

Never been a big TV watcher but have got hooked on these last few shows. If they are the least bit predictable I loose interest quick. I've given up already on PERSONS OF INTERESTS already as it became pretty routine.

Re: "The Wire" on Netflix - 01/21/19 09:43 PM

Originally Posted by collincountytx

Good scene and great season of TV but I don’t agree that it’s the best ever scene on TV.

The six minute, single shot scene in season one of True Detective was way better. Red Wedding in Game of Thrones was way better and there are about 100 other scenes in GoT that are better. That’s just off the top of my head.
Posted By: elcoyote, esq.

Re: "The Wire" on Netflix - 01/22/19 12:21 AM

Originally Posted by Dfitz
Very entertaining. Stick with it. Some good humor when you learn the characters. Season 2 may seem odd, but it ties back together in later seasons. Season 3 is my favorite,

Ozark,
Peaky Blinders
Breaking Bad,
Longmire,
GOT,
Southpark
Blue Planet II,
Fargo (season 1)
Pine Gap

Do we need to have the argument about the sopranos again?

Re: "The Wire" on Netflix - 01/22/19 12:46 AM

Originally Posted by Duck_Hunter

Good scene and great season of TV but I don’t agree that it’s the best ever scene on TV.

The six minute, single shot scene in season one of True Detective was way better. Red Wedding in Game of Thrones was way better and there are about 100 other scenes in GoT that are better. That’s just off the top of my head.

Favorite GoT scene is Battle of the Bastards followed by Ramsey’s demise

Re: "The Wire" on Netflix - 01/22/19 12:59 AM

Originally Posted by Duck_Hunter

Favorite GoT scene is Battle of the Bastards followed by Ramsey’s demise

That’s fair. I didn’t put a lot of thought into it, I was just saying there are better scenes than the bear trap scene and picked two that quickly came to mind.

I just watched seasons one and two of Fargo and really enjoyed both. I’m on season three now. Great show and I like how each season is a different story.
Posted By: Ledeez

Re: "The Wire" on Netflix - 01/22/19 01:35 AM

Love that series! Must watch.. big time actors as well.. alittle dark but most realistic
Posted By: Dfitz

Re: "The Wire" on Netflix - 01/22/19 01:44 AM

Originally Posted by elcoyote, esq.
Originally Posted by Dfitz

Ozark,
Peaky Blinders
Breaking Bad,
Longmire,
GOT,
Southpark
Blue Planet II,
Fargo (season 1)
Pine Gap

Do we need to have the argument about the sopranos again?

What are your top 11 shows? You need to list them. Then we can talk or argue.
Posted By: Gusick

Re: "The Wire" on Netflix - 01/22/19 02:03 AM

Wernt we supposed to quit watching Netflix for political reasons a few weeks ago? I remember a lot of people saying they wouldn't watch it anymore but I can't remember what Netflix did.
Posted By: Der Vorsteher

Re: "The Wire" on Netflix - 01/22/19 02:07 AM

Originally Posted by Gusick
Wernt we supposed to quit watching Netflix for political reasons a few weeks ago? I remember a lot of people saying they wouldn't watch it anymore but I can't remember what Netflix did.

Seriously? Get a life.

Re: "The Wire" on Netflix - 01/22/19 01:38 PM

Just in the first season of the wire I noticed a couple "extras" that caught my eye. Snoop Dog and Hank from Breaking Bad.
Posted By: RickS.

Re: "The Wire" on Netflix - 01/22/19 02:14 PM

Originally Posted by Gusick

FFS. One or two people say it, and all of a sudden it's everyone. Seek therapy
Posted By: RickS.

Re: "The Wire" on Netflix - 01/22/19 02:15 PM

My latest binge watch is Trailer Park Boys. It's so terrible, but I can't stop watching.
Posted By: junbengreat

Re: "The Wire" on Netflix - 01/22/19 02:29 PM

The wire is awesome. Omar is the best character on that show. I wish they would bring back Marco Polo. Loved loved that show. Boardwalk empire is awesome too

Re: "The Wire" on Netflix - 01/22/19 02:31 PM

Yeah, Omar's a badarse.

Re: "The Wire" on Netflix - 01/22/19 03:10 PM

Omar's comin' yo!!

walking peep
Posted By: SheldonS

Re: "The Wire" on Netflix - 01/22/19 05:12 PM

Most def..,how bout some lake trout?
© 2024 Texas Fishing Forum