JMO
Posted By: fishinman

Re: Nance and Romo - 01/21/19 03:07 AM

Originally Posted by racing75
Pretty dang good announcers.

Agree...for sure
Posted By: Team Skeeterless

Re: Nance and Romo - 01/21/19 03:21 AM

I’m impressed with how Romo can call every play ahead of time without fail. It’s pretty impressive.
Posted By: Happykamper

Re: Nance and Romo - 01/21/19 03:26 AM

Originally Posted by Icepick®
Best duo going in the NFL
JMO

No doubt, Troy may be able to give Romo some QB lessons but he sure as hell could take some tips from Tony in the booth.
Posted By: BCBassCat

Re: Nance and Romo - 01/21/19 03:33 AM

Romo > Aikman
Posted By: Bee'z

Re: Nance and Romo - 01/21/19 03:45 AM

Originally Posted by Team Skeeterless
I’m impressed with how Romo can call every play ahead of time without fail. It’s pretty impressive.

I noted two he called before the snap that were spot on.
Posted By: Mark Perry

Re: Nance and Romo - 01/21/19 03:56 AM

Maybe I was the only one that caught the irony of Romo saying Mahomes should not be making risky throws late in the game. I mean Tony never threw any picks late in games that cost a win or anything. woot
Posted By: Bee'z

Re: Nance and Romo - 01/21/19 03:58 AM

lol
Posted By: Frank the Tank

Re: Nance and Romo - 01/21/19 04:01 AM

JMO

Agree.
Posted By: Duck_Hunter

Re: Nance and Romo - 01/21/19 04:06 AM

I really enjoy Romo.
Posted By: Jeremyworm

Re: Nance and Romo - 01/21/19 05:36 AM

Romo does a great job in the booth

Re: Nance and Romo - 01/21/19 05:43 AM

Originally Posted by Duck_Hunter
I really enjoy Romo.

I bet you do
dance2
Posted By: txmasterpo

Re: Nance and Romo - 01/21/19 05:46 AM

Member when some of y'all couldn't stand Romo in the booth? I member.

Re: Nance and Romo - 01/21/19 06:17 AM

Originally Posted by txmasterpo

He was an odd change of pace initially. The more I listened to him, the more he grew on me. He is good. Why not celebrate people coming around instead of throwing it in people’s faces, like you love to do?

Re: Nance and Romo - 01/21/19 06:20 AM

You play a lot of video games huh DH?
Posted By: Scagnetti

Re: Nance and Romo - 01/21/19 06:28 AM

Romo is excellent

He’s candid and informative

Re: Nance and Romo - 01/21/19 10:36 AM

You have anyone that likes you on a personal level, Tx?
Posted By: HasBen

Re: Nance and Romo - 01/21/19 11:41 AM

He did a great job and is being recognized in the media for it. He seems to have a knack for predicting plays and usually being correct. Bryce’s Harper tweeted he was going to call Romo to see where he was going to play next year.

https://www.foxnews.com/sports/tony-romo-widely-praised-for-commentary-during-afc-title-game
Posted By: GIG'EM AGGIES

Re: Nance and Romo - 01/21/19 12:25 PM

JMO

Not Summerall/Madden or Gifford/Meredith yet but pretty dang close and they will get better. Tony's enthusiasm is captivating and really involves you in the game. CBS did a great job pairing these two.
Posted By: Jimbo

Re: Nance and Romo - 01/21/19 12:53 PM

The difference between Romo and Troy is Romo actually watches the game and follows along like a fan, and gives a coaching analysis, whereas Troy seems a lot of times like he's got his mind somewhere else.
Troy would make a remark about a play, and I would wonder if he is actually seeing the same game that I'm watching.
Troy seems to get bored, and he comes across that way.
Tony seems to stay excited, and gets in a few comic jabs. He shows his passion for the game!
Posted By: Samsonsworld

Re: Nance and Romo - 01/21/19 02:45 PM

Originally Posted by BCBassCat
Romo > Aikman

Aikman was better before he started getting stoned before every game.
Posted By: fishmagnet

Re: Nance and Romo - 01/21/19 02:57 PM

Originally Posted by Samsonsworld
Romo > Aikman

roflmao nuts
Posted By: Happykamper

Re: Nance and Romo - 01/21/19 02:57 PM

Originally Posted by Mark Perry
Maybe I was the only one that caught the irony of Romo saying Mahomes should not be making risky throws late in the game. I mean Tony never threw any picks late in games that cost a win or anything. woot

I don't know how many late picks he threw in a game that cost them the game, I do remember him trying to rally the team to win games and throw picks, for the most part he was the offense, he had no D, he threw it 50 times a game, like Parcells said, when you throw the ball 3 things can happen, two of them are bad. But you are right, that is pretty funny, do as I say, not as I do. thumb
Posted By: Gitter Done

Re: Nance and Romo - 01/21/19 03:05 PM

Great job. Looking forward to their Super Bowl Coverage!
Posted By: Mark Perry

Re: Nance and Romo - 01/21/19 03:33 PM

Originally Posted by Happykamper

I don't know how many late picks he threw in a game that cost them the game, I do remember him trying to rally the team to win games and throw picks, for the most part he was the offense, he had no D, he threw it 50 times a game, like Parcells said, when you throw the ball 3 things can happen, two of them are bad. But you are right, that is pretty funny, do as I say, not as I do. thumb

The former QB that really goes overboard in his announcing or commentary regardinding QBs still playing is Jim Miller. He is a beating to listen to and he acts like he was a HOF NFL QB......dude was kinda average at best in his day.
Posted By: Don Collum

Re: Nance and Romo - 01/21/19 04:11 PM

It's gameday to Romo.
Madden was my favorite and Romo gets as excited which makes it fun.
At times I would whatch a game Madden was calling Just for his entertainment value. BOOM
Posted By: Scagnetti

Re: Nance and Romo - 01/21/19 05:08 PM

Romo > Aikman

He’s definitely mailing it in lately
Posted By: CCTX

Re: Nance and Romo - 01/21/19 05:38 PM

Nance is drifting and daydreaming at times because he’s an old
Aikman is becoming an old....and having to work with Joe Buck has to wear you out

Re: Nance and Romo - 01/21/19 06:00 PM

Originally Posted by fishmagnet
Romo > Aikman

roflmao nuts

I can’t watch Aikman without thinking of the fake Troy Aikman from 1310 the ticket.
roflmao

Re: Nance and Romo - 01/21/19 06:25 PM

Originally Posted by collincountytx
Nance is drifting and daydreaming at times because he’s an old
Aikman is becoming an old....and having to work with Joe Buck has to wear you out

Plus the nine concussions, or however many.
Posted By: GIG'EM AGGIES

Re: Nance and Romo - 01/21/19 06:36 PM

Romo > Aikman

Are you saying he smokes pot before every game ? Is that personal knowledge or internet talk ?
Posted By: CCTX

Re: Nance and Romo - 01/21/19 07:01 PM

He’s just being funny
Aikman has always been slow, monotone, with occasional short giggles when on camera

Re: Nance and Romo - 01/21/19 07:40 PM

Likes me like real world likes/loves me? Like trust me with their life because we've been through it likes me? Like I pulled them from the pit and changed their life likes me? Like troubled teen that I never gave up on likes me? Like holding their hand because they lost a child likes me? That kind of likes??

Or grown man overwatch playing OT running your suck likes me? Because it's a different list.

You do you DH..... I'm good otherwise young brother.
Posted By: Jon

Re: Nance and Romo - 01/21/19 07:42 PM

I think he's improved at announcing about 1000% since he first got started. He got way too excited at first but was probably still nervous in that position for his first couple or so games.
Those were kind of a beating to listen to. But i really do enjoy the current Romo.
Like others said his analysis of the plays - especially what they are going to do before the play is run is amazing to me. I bet he would make a great coach.
I still wish he'd have had some more standout players around him and also on D all in the same season. We'll never know now.

Re: Nance and Romo - 01/21/19 07:52 PM

Jon... you're right of course...he has tempered his crazy enthusiasm just a little and it's smoothed out his delivery. I think he has a chance to be Madden/Summerall beloved. I'm happy for him because he was often unfairly maligned during his playing career.
Posted By: Snakeyes711

Re: Nance and Romo - 01/21/19 08:20 PM

Romo is no Witten

Exactly. He'll never be able to pull a rabbit out of his head.

Re: Nance and Romo - 01/21/19 08:43 PM

Likes me like real world likes/loves me? Like trust me with their life because we've been through it likes me? Like I pulled them from the pit and changed their life likes me? Like troubled teen that I never gave up on likes me? Like holding their hand because they lost a child likes me? That kind of likes??

Or grown man overwatch playing OT running your suck likes me? Because it's a different list.

You do you DH..... I'm good otherwise young brother.

Are you trying to insult me with a dig about playing video games? Is that what you’re doing? Because I said I’m familiar with them in the other thread?

roflmao

Nice try, but you’re off the mark. Just put me on ignore, you child. You can’t have a discussion without being a jack wagon.

Re: Nance and Romo - 01/21/19 11:36 PM

You asked a question.... I answered your question with another question so I could be sure what you meant.... I have many real people that love me obviously. Your perception couldn't be further from the reality of real life. Without knowing where I came from you perceive me to be a certain way because I've tired of the constant trolling by you and others about every single comment I make about the cowboys. I freely admit I've grown impatient with it as I've gotten older. It is what it is.

I'll come to the Fork get together and y'all can teach me the error of my ways in the OT DH.... it'll be awesome. I only live about 10 minutes from Pope's
Posted By: FattyMcButterpants

Re: Nance and Romo - 01/21/19 11:43 PM

We’re having fun no?

Re: Nance and Romo - 01/22/19 12:44 AM

You asked a question.... I answered your question with another question so I could be sure what you meant.... I have many real people that love me obviously. Your perception couldn't be further from the reality of real life. Without knowing where I came from you perceive me to be a certain way because I've tired of the constant trolling by you and others about every single comment I make about the cowboys. I freely admit I've grown impatient with it as I've gotten older. It is what it is.

I'll come to the Fork get together and y'all can teach me the error of my ways in the OT DH.... it'll be awesome. I only live about 10 minutes from Pope's

I intentionally do not troll you, man. I intentionally don’t troll Cowboys posts. If you perceive asking a question relevant to the subject trolling, I don’t know what to tell you. You made a negative, vague comment possibly directed at me (I didn’t like Romo in the booth initially, but I can’t remember if I said it here or not. Now I do like him.) so I responded to your post.”

You brought up video games, for some reason, as an insult. But I’m trolling? I am not trolling you. Just like with everyone else, I’d like to be able to have discussions back and forth on topics that interest me with people on the forum. That’s why I’m here. I responded, as I explained above, and asked a question. Why try to make this overwhelmingly positive thread negative with you post about people previously disliking Romo in the booth? I think it’s a valid question.

TX: “member when some of y’all said you couldn’t stand Romo in the Booth? I member.”

DH: “He was an odd change of pace initially. The more I listened to him, the more he grew on me. He is good. Why not celebrate people coming around instead of throwing it in people’s faces, like you love to do?”

TX: you play a lot of video games DH huh?

I’d love for you to come to the OT tournament so we can meet in person and hopefully bury the hatchet. I’m not a bad guy. I like discussing things. You perceive me as a troll, and I’m not. I perceive you as someone who likes to make definitive statements and not be challenged on them. This is a forum, and I believe forums are for discussions. I don’t understand why you seem to dislike having discussions, yet frequently post on a forum.

I don’t want it to be this way, so if you want to come to the OT tourney at Fork, I hope we can talk in person. If not, then just put me on ignore.

Re: Nance and Romo - 01/22/19 12:45 AM

Originally Posted by FattyMcButterpants
We’re having fun no?

I am.
Posted By: Trunkful

Re: Nance and Romo - 01/22/19 12:47 AM

Originally Posted by WAWI
Romo is great

cheers
Posted By: fish4bass

Re: Nance and Romo - 01/22/19 01:14 AM

Jedi
Posted By: Tallgrass05

Re: Nance and Romo - 01/22/19 01:53 AM

Romo is smarter in the booth than he was on the field.
Posted By: Dfitz

Re: Nance and Romo - 01/22/19 01:56 AM

Originally Posted by 2 Bee'z
Originally Posted by Team Skeeterless

I noted two he called before the snap that were spot on.

I agree with this 100%. Tony is very skilled and often calls the plays before a snap, and not just in this game. He makes the broadcast fun again.
Posted By: fish4bass

Re: Nance and Romo - 01/22/19 02:15 AM

Originally Posted by Tallgrass05

He got beat up and his body let him down. See Don Meredith.
Posted By: Bass&More

Re: Nance and Romo - 01/22/19 01:24 PM

Originally Posted by Trunkful
Originally Posted by WAWI
Romo is great

cheers

Originally Posted by fish4bass
Originally Posted by Tallgrass05

He got beat up and his body let him down. See Don Meredith.

Proof the announcing talent and the beatings started at an early age for our boy Romo popcorn peep
[Linked Image]
Posted By: Samsonsworld

Re: Nance and Romo - 01/22/19 02:06 PM

Originally Posted by GIG'EM AGGIES
Romo > Aikman

Are you saying he smokes pot before every game ? Is that personal knowledge or internet talk ?

You tell me.
[Linked Image]
Posted By: junbengreat

Re: Nance and Romo - 01/22/19 02:44 PM

I’ve had romos back since day one. Greatest cowboys qb and now best play by play
© 2024 Texas Fishing Forum