Texas Fishing Forum

Does Garrett get fired before he makes it back to Dallas?

Posted By: 1ShotNoKills

Does Garrett get fired before he makes it back to Dallas? - 01/13/19 04:19 AM

Posted By: Sawhorse

Re: Does Garrett get fired before he makes it back to Dallas? - 01/13/19 04:20 AM

I voted for the clap.
Posted By: Kicker16

Re: Does Garrett get fired before he makes it back to Dallas? - 01/13/19 04:21 AM

Nope he's fixing to get a "lucrative deal"
Posted By: ko bass attack 27

Re: Does Garrett get fired before he makes it back to Dallas? - 01/13/19 04:21 AM

No way.
Posted By: Bazztex

Looks like Jerry should have kept Wade noidea
Posted By: MARKIT

Re: Does Garrett get fired before he makes it back to Dallas? - 01/13/19 04:22 AM

Originally Posted by Bazztex
Looks like Jerry should have kept Wade noidea
You see wade a lot this time of the year
Posted By: Davedave

Re: Does Garrett get fired before he makes it back to Dallas? - 01/13/19 04:22 AM

[quote=1ShotNoKills][/quote]
I will bet you six dollars, or a non puffy taco that he is not fired.
Posted By: Tneel

Re: Does Garrett get fired before he makes it back to Dallas? - 01/13/19 04:24 AM

RJ and Dak are here for a long time. Back to the 8-8 seasons.
Posted By: fishmagnet

Re: Does Garrett get fired before he makes it back to Dallas? - 01/13/19 04:26 AM

Don't care.....but thanks for asking.
Posted By: Team Skeeterless

Re: Does Garrett get fired before he makes it back to Dallas? - 01/13/19 04:28 AM

He won’t but both him and Linehan should b sent packing! This was best we can expect under those 2! Outcoached and out played tonight by far!
Posted By: Fishspanker

Re: Does Garrett get fired before he makes it back to Dallas? - 01/13/19 04:28 AM

No way. Several articles out there talking contract extension. Go figure. Mediocrity is rewarded.
Posted By: Frank the Tank

Re: Does Garrett get fired before he makes it back to Dallas? - 01/13/19 04:43 AM

Originally Posted by Kicker16
Nope he's fixing to get a "lucrative deal"

Yep!!
banana
Posted By: WAWI

Re: Does Garrett get fired before he makes it back to Dallas? - 01/13/19 04:46 AM

Garrett get raise and extension, Dak gets his big deal.
Posted By: RedRanger

Re: Does Garrett get fired before he makes it back to Dallas? - 01/13/19 04:47 AM

Originally Posted by WAWI

thumb
Posted By: McLovin’

Re: Does Garrett get fired before he makes it back to Dallas? - 01/13/19 05:12 AM

Then 8-8 will be the standard record for few years.

Re: Does Garrett get fired before he makes it back to Dallas? - 01/13/19 05:35 AM

Isn’t it great?!?! What a great season!! It went perfect. I was sweating bullets at 3-5, but my boy Red Clappy turned it around just enough to convince Jerruh. Maybe keep Linehan too!! Heck, keep it just the same and come back next year and just hope it works! banana
Posted By: Bee'z

Re: Does Garrett get fired before he makes it back to Dallas? - 01/13/19 05:37 AM

Originally Posted by WAWI

I really hate it when you are right....
Posted By: RickS.

Re: Does Garrett get fired before he makes it back to Dallas? - 01/13/19 05:41 AM

Originally Posted by Sawhorse
I voted for the clap.

A shot will clear that up
Posted By: fray

Re: Does Garrett get fired before he makes it back to Dallas? - 01/13/19 09:35 AM

Now to baseball.
Posted By: Jimbo

Re: Does Garrett get fired before he makes it back to Dallas? - 01/13/19 11:53 AM

Might as well put that thought to bed of any changes especially of the head coach going anywhere.
They won the East and won in the playoffs which is all that matters to Jones.
It's hard to get to the Super Bowl and Jones is just as happy with a .500 record team.
If he wasn't, he would have made the changes long ago.
Posted By: Fishspanker

Re: Does Garrett get fired before he makes it back to Dallas? - 01/13/19 12:44 PM

Originally Posted by Jimbo
Might as well put that thought to bed of any changes especially of the head coach going anywhere.
They won the East and won in the playoffs which is all that matters to Jones.
It's hard to get to the Super Bowl and Jones is just as happy with a .500 record team.
If he wasn't, he would have made the changes long ago.

That's about the size of it.
Posted By: tech

Re: Does Garrett get fired before he makes it back to Dallas? - 01/13/19 12:56 PM

The defense got hammered, I guess Richards isn’t going anywhere.....
Posted By: GIG'EM AGGIES

Re: Does Garrett get fired before he makes it back to Dallas? - 01/13/19 01:00 PM

Originally Posted by Frank the Tank
Isn’t it great?!?! What a great season!! It went perfect. I was sweating bullets at 3-5, but my boy Red Clappy turned it around just enough to convince Jerruh. Maybe keep Linehan too!! Heck, keep it just the same and come back next year and just hope it works! banana

I sense a #3 wash tub full of sarcasm in that post Frank. Or is it just apathy.
Posted By: Big Lunker

Re: Does Garrett get fired before he makes it back to Dallas? - 01/13/19 01:00 PM

Get rid of Garrett and Jerry Jones. New coach and new Owner. Both of them suck!!!!

Re: Does Garrett get fired before he makes it back to Dallas? - 01/13/19 01:54 PM

Unbelievable stats ? 263 vs 50. That's the difference in rushing yards between the teams and bear in mind the Cowboys have the leading rusher. The Cowboys held Seattle to 73 yards rushing. Now do you blame the defense for that or the coaches for not having them prepared. And do you blame the offense for the 50 yds. or the coaches for not having them prepared. They beat the snot out of the Saints, turn around and get humiliated by the Colts. I'm leaning more towards the coaches for not having them prepared. They were so out of position on so many plays it was almost laughable. Still a fan of the players, coaches not so much.
Posted By: bucksnbass357

Re: Does Garrett get fired before he makes it back to Dallas? - 01/13/19 02:01 PM

Originally Posted by fishmagnet

Haven’t cared since these idiots started taking a knee
Posted By: Happykamper

Re: Does Garrett get fired before he makes it back to Dallas? - 01/13/19 02:16 PM

Garrett is not going anywhere, it looks like the sure to be head coach Richard will be returning, he was calling the defenses so I would say he got his [censored] handed to him. I do hope and believe Lenihan is replaced, also I think a seasoned QB coach could maybe help Dak out a little.

Re: Does Garrett get fired before he makes it back to Dallas? - 01/13/19 02:22 PM

Originally Posted by bucksnbass357
Originally Posted by fishmagnet

Haven’t cared since these idiots started taking a knee

There's always a couple that don't care, yet care enough to take the time to comment about how they don't care roflmao
Posted By: Okie Poke

Re: Does Garrett get fired before he makes it back to Dallas? - 01/13/19 02:23 PM

Clearly, LA Rams were the better team. Oh well, it was fun while it lasted. The Cowboys were better than 75% of the other NFL teams this year and they really made a respectable run. But they got horned in the end......I can already feel it for next year...…..SOOOOOOPA!
Posted By: Der Vorsteher

Re: Does Garrett get fired before he makes it back to Dallas? - 01/13/19 02:25 PM

Rams had the 10th highest scoring season in history, they were 13-3. It wasnt like they were playing the cardinals.
Posted By: donothin

Re: Does Garrett get fired before he makes it back to Dallas? - 01/13/19 02:34 PM

Garrett is as good as it gets with Jerry as the owner.
Posted By: joebass2

Re: Does Garrett get fired before he makes it back to Dallas? - 01/13/19 02:36 PM

Originally Posted by Okie Poke
Clearly, LA Rams were the better team. Oh well, it was fun while it lasted. The Cowboys were better than 75% of the other NFL teams this year and they really made a respectable run. But they got horned in the end......I can already feel it for next year...…..SOOOOOOPA!

This....
Posted By: Laker One

Re: Does Garrett get fired before he makes it back to Dallas? - 01/13/19 02:38 PM

Garrett will be the head coach for the Cowboys next season!
Posted By: T Bird

Re: Does Garrett get fired before he makes it back to Dallas? - 01/13/19 02:40 PM

Unfortunately, nothing will change with the Cowboys.

Starting too feel like a Cubs fan. cry

Re: Does Garrett get fired before he makes it back to Dallas? - 01/13/19 02:49 PM

Originally Posted by Happykamper
Garrett is not going anywhere, it looks like the sure to be head coach Richard will be returning, he was calling the defenses so I would say he got his [censored] handed to him. I do hope and believe Lenihan is replaced, also I think a seasoned QB coach could maybe help Dak out a little.

" also I think a seasoned QB coach could maybe help Dak out a little."
Mr. Happy, you just made my day. You finally agree with me that Dak needs a REAL QB coach rather than a failed 3rd stringer. I am now complete. cheer

Re: Does Garrett get fired before he makes it back to Dallas? - 01/13/19 02:53 PM

Originally Posted by GIG'EM AGGIES

" also I think a seasoned QB coach could maybe help Dak out a little."
Mr. Happy, you just made my day. You finally agree with me that Dak needs a REAL QB coach rather than a failed 3rd stringer. I am now complete. cheer

Dak has to be more accurate with his passes, not sure if a QB coach can fix that, but Moore does look like a high school kid sitting on the bench talking with Dak.

Re: Does Garrett get fired before he makes it back to Dallas? - 01/13/19 02:57 PM

A quarterback coach can help him change his throwing mechanics. He would be able to see things Dak is doing wrong that the average person can't. He could also give advice about what defenses are doing that someone who never really played at the pro level wouldn't have experience in.

Re: Does Garrett get fired before he makes it back to Dallas? - 01/13/19 03:15 PM

Originally Posted by RickS.
A quarterback coach can help him change his throwing mechanics. He would be able to see things Dak is doing wrong that the average person can't. He could also give advice about what defenses are doing that someone who never really played at the pro level wouldn't have experience in.

There ya go, mechanics, vision and judgment. The 3 attributes of a good QB. Dak needs all of them. He has the character and size, give him the other 3 and whoa Nellie.
Posted By: fishslime

Re: Does Garrett get fired before he makes it back to Dallas? - 01/13/19 03:17 PM

No one else other than someone desperate for a job is going to coach for JJ because he insists on being the general manager at which he is a failure. He may fire him just to make a "change", but the results won't change. I've said it more than once - the fans deserve better. JJ just purchased a 360 million dollar yacht, but his fans are paddling around in cardboard boats.

Re: Does Garrett get fired before he makes it back to Dallas? - 01/13/19 03:19 PM

Fire him? There are rumors of an extension!!!! Oh please extend Red Clappy!!..... PLEASE!!

Re: Does Garrett get fired before he makes it back to Dallas? - 01/13/19 03:31 PM

Originally Posted by GIG'EM AGGIES
Originally Posted by RickS.

There ya go, mechanics, vision and judgment. The 3 attributes of a good QB. Dak needs all of them. He has the character and size, give him the other 3 and whoa Nellie.

I won't deny I was/am very critical on him. But I've said several times he needs the people on the sidelines to help him develop. But yeah he has all the intangibles to be the leader. The skills are there, sorta. I keep going back to his rookie year. He had Romo(veteran QB) Wade Wilson (veteran QB and Veteran QB coach) and Mark Sanchez (veteran QB) People tend to forget that Sanchez wasn't too bad himself the first few years. Rex Ryan ruined him. Which is what will happen if they retain Linehan and Moore. Get Dak someone in there to help him. That should be top priority. Hell bring Sanchez back as the QB coach. If they can. He was more in Dak's ear that rookie season than Romo or Wilson. It was mentioned more than once back then how helpful Sanchez was to Dak that season. If he's going to be the future. Get him help now. Stop wasting years.
Posted By: Gitter Done

Re: Does Garrett get fired before he makes it back to Dallas? - 01/13/19 03:36 PM

His job is safe. Garrett is back next year. Division Champions and he made it to the second round of the playoffs. Jerry Jones will keep him. The Cowboys have some major work to do during the off season. I just hope Jerry Jones and his son Steven will let the coaches decide who the players are. Just my two cents. 2cents

Re: Does Garrett get fired before he makes it back to Dallas? - 01/13/19 03:39 PM

Originally Posted by fishslime
No one else other than someone desperate for a job is going to coach for JJ because he insists on being the general manager at which he is a failure. He may fire him just to make a "change", but the results won't change. I've said it more than once - the fans deserve better. JJ just purchased a 360 million dollar yacht, but his fans are paddling around in cardboard boats.

If Jerry is the GM then he has done pretty well as of late, they have the makings of a pretty good young team. A lot of reporters have reported that Will McClay is the real GM, he just does not have the title, I believe he gets paid really well. It was reported that Jerry lobbied really hard for Garrett to allow David Irving to play in this game, he was put on the inactive list, somebody besides Jerry made this decision.
Posted By: butch sanders

Re: Does Garrett get fired before he makes it back to Dallas? - 01/13/19 03:39 PM

He is the perfect Cowboy coach

Re: Does Garrett get fired before he makes it back to Dallas? - 01/13/19 04:14 PM

Yep. Jerruh’s puppet. Nothing will change.
Posted By: banker-always fishing

Re: Does Garrett get fired before he makes it back to Dallas? - 01/13/19 04:21 PM

He has his job at least for another year! Not to many great coaches out there in the job market unless you get one out of the college ranks. Besides it's Jerry Jones that needs to be replaced not the coaches. Since Jerry Jones is the owner that will never happen! juggle

Re: Does Garrett get fired before he makes it back to Dallas? - 01/13/19 04:25 PM

Yep. JJ is a clown owner
Posted By: 1ShotNoKills

Re: Does Garrett get fired before he makes it back to Dallas? - 01/13/19 05:21 PM

Originally Posted by banker-always fishing
He has his job at least for another year! Not to many great coaches out there in the job market unless you get one out of the college ranks. Besides it's Jerry Jones that needs to be replaced not the coaches. Since Jerry Jones is the owner that will never happen! juggle

He got out coached by a millennial yesterday.

Re: Does Garrett get fired before he makes it back to Dallas? - 01/13/19 06:17 PM

I betcha Jerry and his bro's are getting ready to go on a cruise in that new multi million dollar boat. Would love to see who the "guest " are and be a fly on the wall. I'm sure the entertainment will be spectacular. cheer peep
Posted By: machinist

Re: Does Garrett get fired before he makes it back to Dallas? - 01/13/19 09:31 PM

If you think the Cowboys weren't out coached think about this. The Rams had either 7 or 8 men in the box on every snap. Did they stop Zeke? Hell yeah they did. The Cowboys had 4 in the box on every snap with 3 or 4 linebackers/DB's 5 yards back. Did they stop Gurley/Anderson? Hell no they didn't. Wouldn't you think the Cowboy coaches would have seen how the Rams were stopping Zeke.
Well if they did they didn't make any changes or adjustments to move more players into the box, thus they didn't stop anybody.

Re: Does Garrett get fired before he makes it back to Dallas? - 01/13/19 11:30 PM

Originally Posted by machinist
If you think the Cowboys weren't out coached think about this. The Rams had either 7 or 8 men in the box on every snap. Did they stop Zeke? Hell yeah they did. The Cowboys had 4 in the box on every snap with 3 or 4 linebackers/DB's 5 yards back. Did they stop Gurley/Anderson? Hell no they didn't. Wouldn't you think the Cowboy coaches would have seen how the Rams were stopping Zeke.
Well if they did they didn't make any changes or adjustments to move more players into the box, thus they didn't stop anybody.

Would have to agree with you, but according to sawhorse that was all Zeke's fault, he should have ran for 150 with loaded boxes.
Posted By: glenls

Re: Does Garrett get fired before he makes it back to Dallas? - 01/13/19 11:34 PM

Yeah it's that simple and nobody of the sidelines figured it out?
Posted By: Sawhorse

Re: Does Garrett get fired before he makes it back to Dallas? - 01/13/19 11:36 PM

Would have to agree with you, but according to sawhorse that was all Zeke's fault, he should have ran for 150 with loaded boxes.

This is a mischaracterization of my uninformed position.
Posted By: butch sanders

Re: Does Garrett get fired before he makes it back to Dallas? - 01/14/19 07:03 PM

Originally Posted by glenls

Yeah it's that simple and nobody of the sidelines figured it out?

not that simple
Rams QB can burn them
Posted By: Coach Hark

Re: Does Garrett get fired before he makes it back to Dallas? - 01/15/19 12:01 AM

Cowboys were very much out schemed. I can remember ar least 15 times where the Rams where in a bunch set. They would send the receiver in motion, DB would run with him and the Rams ran right where the DB left. Had no run force. Can’t play man in bunch sets.
Posted By: Gamblinman

Re: Does Garrett get fired before he makes it back to Dallas? - 01/15/19 02:28 AM

Garret is JJ's biotch. He's happy and JJ is happy. Its as simple as that.

Re: Does Garrett get fired before he makes it back to Dallas? - 01/15/19 02:31 AM

Originally Posted by Gamblinman
Garret is JJ's biotch. He's happy and JJ is happy. Its as simple as that.

Please stop speaking truth sir. Please. This is super bowl country.
© 2024 Texas Fishing Forum