Texas Fishing Forum

Amazing Grace sung to the tune of House Of The Rising Sun

Posted By: 1ShotNoKills

Amazing Grace sung to the tune of House Of The Rising Sun - 12/04/18 02:51 PM

A lot of people are hating this 16 yo girl for this. I personally enjoyed it.

Thoughts?
Posted By: nethingthatbites

Re: Amazing Grace sung to the tune of House Of The Rising Sun - 12/04/18 02:54 PM

I thought it was awesome, never could listen to Amazing Grace on it's own...House of the Rising Sun really seemed to add the perfect background for what this song's about.
Posted By: Mo

Re: Amazing Grace sung to the tune of House Of The Rising Sun - 12/04/18 02:56 PM

My brain kept filling in the words from Rising Sun,

MO
Posted By: skeeter

Re: Amazing Grace sung to the tune of House Of The Rising Sun - 12/04/18 02:57 PM

I liked it
Posted By: Trickster

Re: Amazing Grace sung to the tune of House Of The Rising Sun - 12/04/18 02:58 PM

Interesting.
Posted By: RATZ

Re: Amazing Grace sung to the tune of House Of The Rising Sun - 12/04/18 03:01 PM

thumb
Posted By: Duck_Hunter

Re: Amazing Grace sung to the tune of House Of The Rising Sun - 12/04/18 03:01 PM

Very interesting idea, but it works.
Posted By: Cast

Re: Amazing Grace sung to the tune of House Of The Rising Sun - 12/04/18 03:24 PM

Well I love both songs. Yeah, it’s better I think this way. It works.
Posted By: CCBIRDDOGMAN

Re: Amazing Grace sung to the tune of House Of The Rising Sun - 12/04/18 03:25 PM

Originally Posted by Mo
My brain kept filling in the words from Rising Sun,

MO

me too.
Posted By: Fishingking

Re: Amazing Grace sung to the tune of House Of The Rising Sun - 12/04/18 04:48 PM

That would definitely be different at my funeral. Kind of liked it. I want mine to be different anyway. Working on making a DVD to be played where I preach my own funeral.
Posted By: UGLYSHCTICK

Re: Amazing Grace sung to the tune of House Of The Rising Sun - 12/04/18 04:50 PM

our praise team at church does this from time to time. First time the wife almost broke my ribs with an elbow jab....I started giggling because of what the original song is about. Also have heard Little town of Bethlehem done to this music.
Posted By: Bass&More

Re: Amazing Grace sung to the tune of House Of The Rising Sun - 12/04/18 05:01 PM

[Linked Image]

peep
Posted By: DCmac

Re: Amazing Grace sung to the tune of House Of The Rising Sun - 12/04/18 05:50 PM

Cool. She's got a pretty good voice, too. Bet there's lots more who hate the bagpipe versions than this one.
Posted By: Smurfs

Re: Amazing Grace sung to the tune of House Of The Rising Sun - 12/04/18 05:58 PM

It was awesome, our praise team has done that version before along with other versions.
Posted By: deucer02

Re: Amazing Grace sung to the tune of House Of The Rising Sun - 12/04/18 08:53 PM

First for me. I like it.
Posted By: Pilothawk

Re: Amazing Grace sung to the tune of House Of The Rising Sun - 12/04/18 09:02 PM

Far too much hate out there. I don’t even like the word....

It was ok for me. I wasn’t wowed, but the child has more talent than I could ever dream of.
Posted By: Tommar

Re: Amazing Grace sung to the tune of House Of The Rising Sun - 12/04/18 09:45 PM

I liked it.

Can’t stand the bagpipes version. Worse than a nagging, screeching wife running her fingernails across a chalkboard.
Posted By: steveiam

Re: Amazing Grace sung to the tune of House Of The Rising Sun - 12/04/18 09:57 PM

When they said it was gonna happen, I didn't expect to like it---
But I did--
Posted By: GIG'EM AGGIES

Re: Amazing Grace sung to the tune of House Of The Rising Sun - 12/04/18 10:03 PM

I had to turn on captions because I couldn't understand a word she said. If they go by the best singer the fluffy white girl has the show won in my opinion. Best I've heard on that show.
Posted By: Uncle Zeek

Re: Amazing Grace sung to the tune of House Of The Rising Sun - 12/05/18 01:11 AM

A) She's very talented, but this version of the song did nothing for me - it sounded wrong

B) I'm one of the people who believe that "Amazing Grace" played on bagpipes is one of the most beautiful things ever done by humanity.

Re: Amazing Grace sung to the tune of House Of The Rising Sun - 12/05/18 01:16 AM

Originally Posted by Uncle Zeek
A) She's very talented, but this version of the song did nothing for me - it sounded wrong

B) I'm one of the people who believe that "Amazing Grace" played on bagpipes is one of the most beautiful things ever done by humanity.

I agree Zeek, they were played at my brother-in-laws funeral. ( a Korean War Vet ) His casket was carried to the grave site in a wagon pulled by a horse and we walked behind the guy with the bag pipes. Very emotional to say the least.
Posted By: Sawhorse

Re: Amazing Grace sung to the tune of House Of The Rising Sun - 12/05/18 01:18 AM

First 12 bars were kinda novel...then it went down like a pilotless, passengerless drone crashing into the earth injuring no plants and no animals.
Posted By: TexasBlonde

Re: Amazing Grace sung to the tune of House Of The Rising Sun - 12/05/18 01:34 AM

Remember when Judy Collins made her acapella version a top ten hit? It was awesome to hear it on pop radio stations. I do not believe I would like the "rising sun" tune version as the original is too beautiful.
Posted By: fish4bass

Re: Amazing Grace sung to the tune of House Of The Rising Sun - 12/05/18 01:46 AM

I like both songs. I bet the Naval Choir sings it at HW's service tomorrow.
Posted By: 921 Phoenix

Re: Amazing Grace sung to the tune of House Of The Rising Sun - 12/05/18 02:24 AM

Originally Posted by Uncle Zeek

I agree best I have ever herd was the Celtic Woman version

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=HsCp5LG_zNE
Posted By: J-2

Re: Amazing Grace sung to the tune of House Of The Rising Sun - 12/05/18 10:19 AM

Thought it was good.
Posted By: Tritonman

Re: Amazing Grace sung to the tune of House Of The Rising Sun - 12/05/18 12:39 PM

I'm probably the only person who gets a funny warm feeling and a little tear in the corner of my eye, every time I hear Amazing Grace, no mater the version.

Re: Amazing Grace sung to the tune of House Of The Rising Sun - 12/05/18 12:53 PM

Originally Posted by Tritonman
I'm probably the only person who gets a funny warm feeling and a little tear in the corner of my eye, every time I hear Amazing Grace, no mater the version.

Me too Tritonman. If you read the story behind the song it is truly an emotional one. Written by John Newton a slave trader in 1779 the song came from his personal experiences. IMO it discredits the lyrics to change the melody.
Posted By: Frank the Tank

Re: Amazing Grace sung to the tune of House Of The Rising Sun - 12/05/18 01:11 PM

Pretty cool man
Posted By: marschall

Re: Amazing Grace sung to the tune of House Of The Rising Sun - 12/05/18 01:53 PM

They are both in the same chords . Old news , as a lot of people back in the day did this .
Posted By: Big Hopper

Re: Amazing Grace sung to the tune of House Of The Rising Sun - 12/05/18 01:59 PM

https://youtu.be/meqSBMId5vg
Posted By: Big Hopper

Re: Amazing Grace sung to the tune of House Of The Rising Sun - 12/05/18 02:03 PM

A little off thread .... but even better https://youtu.be/fBLNLsKbSCo
© 2024 Texas Fishing Forum