Texas Fishing Forum

Kind of agree with Popovich...

Posted By: Sawhorse

Kind of agree with Popovich... - 11/30/18 03:07 AM

I don’t hate the 3, but it has changed the game in ways I don’t particularly care for.
Pop hates the 3
Posted By: cocodrie

Re: Kind of agree with Popovich... - 11/30/18 03:13 AM

Pop won championships because of the three. At least this is better discussion than his politics...
Posted By: Duck_Hunter

Re: Kind of agree with Popovich... - 11/30/18 04:14 AM

I like Pop, but that’s a terrible - and hypocritical - opinion.
Posted By: Allison1

Re: Kind of agree with Popovich... - 11/30/18 04:37 AM

I agree with him and don't understand why people think its hypocritical.
He did not say he did not do better because of the rule, only said that it made the game more boring.
Posted By: Frank the Tank

Re: Kind of agree with Popovich... - 11/30/18 06:15 AM

He’s just mad because he is having trouble adjusting to how the NBA has changed in the last few years. NBA is at an all-time high in fan popularity. Spurs just aren’t an elite team right now. Sour grapes. He’s crotchety.
Posted By: Duck_Hunter

Re: Kind of agree with Popovich... - 11/30/18 07:07 AM

Originally Posted by Frank the Tank
He’s just mad because he is having trouble adjusting to how the NBA has changed in the last few years. NBA is at an all-time high in fan popularity. Spurs just aren’t an elite team right now. Sour grapes. He’s crotchety.

Loveable, but crotchety.
Posted By: elcoyote, esq.

Re: Kind of agree with Popovich... - 11/30/18 10:26 AM

Originally Posted by Duck_Hunter
Originally Posted by Frank the Tank

punchable, but crotchety.

FIFY
Posted By: BSanders

Re: Kind of agree with Popovich... - 11/30/18 11:07 AM

Without the 3 we wouldn't know Popovich's name!
Posted By: grout-scout

Re: Kind of agree with Popovich... - 11/30/18 02:11 PM

Originally Posted by BSanders
Without the Tim Duncan we wouldn't know Popovich's name!

More like it.
Posted By: tech

Re: Kind of agree with Popovich... - 11/30/18 02:39 PM

Don Nelson used to get hell for his offensive style....now it is the thing
Posted By: CCTX

Re: Kind of agree with Popovich... - 11/30/18 02:46 PM

It's not the 3 point line
The league allows more of a zone defense and has changed rules that have ended tough, physical defense play.

Thus, there are more quick players with shooting range and fewer bruising post players.

The league was most boring in the late 90s/early 00s when many teams would play isolation offense, setting up either a pick and roll or a one on one mismatch on every play. That was boring.
Posted By: swalker9513

Re: Kind of agree with Popovich... - 11/30/18 03:18 PM

Originally Posted by collincountytx
setting up either a pick and roll or a one on one mismatch on every play. That was boring.

That happens every night on every court with the exception of a couple. confused
Posted By: rj74955

Re: Kind of agree with Popovich... - 11/30/18 03:50 PM

I like the teams that try to be the Warriors and go 6 for 35 on 3's.
Posted By: soggybottom

Re: Kind of agree with Popovich... - 11/30/18 06:40 PM

Originally Posted by rj74955
I like the teams that try to be the Warriors and go 6 for 35 on 3's.

no kidding, you have a team that has the 3 best shooters in league history and everyone thinks they can do the same. People think defensive basketball is boring? watch a game where both teams are jacking 3's and missing all of them. That is boring.
Posted By: Ghost4BH

Re: Kind of agree with Popovich... - 11/30/18 06:42 PM

Basketball needs a 5 point line
Posted By: Sawhorse

Re: Kind of agree with Popovich... - 11/30/18 06:48 PM

Originally Posted by JayC41

roflmao
Posted By: nethingthatbites

Re: Kind of agree with Popovich... - 11/30/18 07:23 PM

Originally Posted by JayC41

How about a jackpot circle? A circle that randomly moves around the court with continuously changing random numbers in it. Shoot from the circle and make the shot, get the number of points shown in circle.
Posted By: Snakeyes711

Re: Kind of agree with Popovich... - 11/30/18 11:22 PM

I remember basketball before the 3-point line...and it sucked. The 3-point shot and 24 second time clock were the smartest thing the NBA ever did. Back in the 60s' college basketball was 5 short white kids dribbling the ball FOREVER! Grrrr,shoot the dam ball already!
Posted By: Rayzor

Re: Kind of agree with Popovich... - 12/01/18 01:27 AM

Originally Posted by BSanders
Without the 3 we wouldn't know Popovich's name!

I totally disagree. If there had not been a 3-point shot, the Spurs would have won anyway. Their "3" was Tony Parker, Manu GInobli, and Duncan/Robinson. They were a great team.

I hate what the game I used to love has become. I may be an old fuddy-duddy but I wouldn't lose a minute of sleep if they did away with the 3-pointer. When you can have a 3 on 2 fast break, where the ball is kicked out to a guy standing at the side 3-point line, the game has regressed.

JMO. You can have yours.
© 2024 Texas Fishing Forum